Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)

Go down 
+12
TyrannosaurTJ
V.a.nublarensis
Robotpo
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Megaspino2
Mr. Robustus
Oviraptor
NikoRex
deinocoop
Megatronus Rex
Tyrant Lizard
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Where should the franchise go after JP6/JW3?
Another Sequel with Owen and Claire
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap0%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Another Sequel with Characters from Original Trilogy
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap6%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
A Sequel or Spin-off with New Characters
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap22%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
A Prequel with New and Younger Versions of Returning Characters (Hammond, Dodgson ETC)
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap28%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
An Animated TV Series
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap6%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
A Live-Action TV Series
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap11%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
A Novel-Accurate Reboot (Film or TV)
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap22%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Don't Make Any More, Let It Go Extinct
Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_lcap5%Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Back

AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Empty
PostSubject: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 11:26 am

Okay, right now they're doing JW3, but should Universal and Amblin decide to make more Jurassic after that, let's discuss where you want the series to go. Feel free to describe your reasons below.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 12:46 pm

I think we should wait until we find out who gets the rights after JW3/JP6. After that movie, the rights go back to the Critchton estate and they will sell the rights to the highest bidder.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Assuming Universal and Amblin don't negotiate a renewal beyond six films. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Assuming Universal and Amblin don't negotiate a renewal beyond six films. Razz

Well then, if that's the case...

Make new movies that ret-con all the JP movies made after TLW out of the timeline like how DOFP did with the X-Men franchise and this new Terminator movie will do with the Terminator franchise.

Go back to the origins of this franchise being a smarter and more intelligent blockbuster and no more of this bombastic crap.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 pm

The franchise needs another hiatus; not because of having a bad sequel or because dinosaur movies are stale, but I think in the current Marvel-centric Hollywood there never could be another JP that will stand the test of time. Everything now exists to be contemporary, pop-corn fuel to be watched and enjoyed until the franchise isn't relevant anymore or its CGI/spectacle becomes outdated. In about 8 or 10 years I doubt people will remember JW or JWFK as real movie masterpieces like JP is remembered for.

That's why I say shelf the franchise until Uni or someone else does a more true to the novels reboot/re imagining. The dinosaurs on the mainland is probably not going to get the treatment it should get due to being stuffed into one movie instead of played out for 2 or even the whole trilogy. They could make a JW3 part 2, but that's going to bloat the then quadrilogy a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
The franchise needs another hiatus; not because of having a bad sequel or because dinosaur movies are stale, but I think in the current Marvel-centric Hollywood there never could be another JP that will stand the test of time. Everything now exists to be contemporary, pop-corn fuel to be watched and enjoyed until the franchise isn't relevant anymore or its CGI/spectacle becomes outdated. In about 8 or 10 years I doubt people will remember JW or JWFK as real movie masterpieces like JP is remembered for.

^This. The fact that Universal never really had a plan for this franchise after TLW and that all the movies made after it were made for the sake of...whatever, only makes it worse.

JP3: Made for the sake of a JP trilogy.

JW: Made for the sake of it finally being made.

JW:FK: A bridge movie for for the sake of the next movie a la BvS.

JW3/JP6: Made to end it on a happy note.

I should say that only exception to the franchises that compete with the MCU is the Godzillaverse, but that's a special case.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Something new. Some sort of continuation of the timeline we're currently on, but with new characters, a new tone, new dinosaurs, etc etc etc.... But not a retcon. I certainly don't want to be made to feel like I've wasted my time with previous films.

Besides, if it ends the way we all think it will end, that opens the door for all sorts of spinoffs and whatnot. Literally an infinite amount of different directions. An ET-like family film with a baby dinosaur. A horror film with raptors or something. I want all of that.

Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Shelf the silver screen releases and buff up the less prominent stuff. There hasn't been a mature novel since Crichton's Lost World in 1995. That's 24 years for us adults to go without something in paper form (or digital nowadays) that is specifically written with our maturity and experiences in mind. All the books written after 1995's Lost World have been junior novels or books for kids below age 13. It sucks. I want another novel or series of novels, whether they continue Crichton's continuity, do their own thing, or use the movie continuity.

Just give us adults some more to play with beyond the movies, basically. Kids have a huge array of things tailored just for them already and that will never stop because it's so much money being hauled in.

I did vote for a prequel movie, but I would be fine if that was a live-action miniseries on HBO or Netflix or something (just not a cable network, please). Something with a solid budget for the CG and practical effects, with a story that covers gaps between movies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Yeah, I'd love a limited series which covers the five years Hammond was building Nublar and Site B, done with a lot of Crichton-esque science, industrial espionage, shifting power plays and so on.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
An ET-like family film with a baby dinosaur.

IMO the concept of selling mini-dinos as pets from the novels (can't remember which one?) could make for an interesting Amblin movie...sort-of like ET meets Gremlins with dinosaurs?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Megatronus Rex wrote:
Shelf the silver screen releases and buff up the less prominent stuff. There hasn't been a mature novel since Crichton's Lost World in 1995. That's 24 years for us adults to go without something in paper form (or digital nowadays) that is specifically written with our maturity and experiences in mind. All the books written after 1995's Lost World have been junior novels or books for kids below age 13. It sucks. I want another novel or series of novels, whether they continue Crichton's continuity, do their own thing, or use the movie continuity.

Just give us adults some more to play with beyond the movies, basically. Kids have a huge array of things tailored just for them already and that will never stop because it's so much money being hauled in.

I did vote for a prequel movie, but I would be fine if that was a live-action miniseries on HBO or Netflix or something (just not a cable network, please). Something with a solid budget for the CG and practical effects, with a story that covers gaps between movies.

I agree with this. Godzilla can get away with what you said because of how he has an army of movies at his disposal. JP only has a few sites, one book (The Clarie book) and that's about it. The problem is that if we haven't seen any of that in the past or sometime after JW came out, then we might not get it at all.

Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 4:51 am

I say let it go extinct. To me, the JP franchise isn't a franchise, where you can have that many films. It's getting repettetive, because we know humans do make mistakes, but it gets unbelivable with time (i.e. in JP 7 humans do something new and they messed up and there's the running and screaming again)

A prequel isn't really what I want. Some friends of mine suggested the time on Sorna during Hurricane Clarissa, but I don't think that this is enough to make a Jurassic Park movie.

Only thing that maybe could be interesting: doing a reboot. Being more faithfull to the books. Then it won't hurt this timeline and you have much more freedom with the reboot.
Who knows, maybe Disney will get the rights... Razz
Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 12:27 pm

NikoRex wrote:
I say let it go extinct. To me, the JP franchise isn't a franchise, where you can have that many films. It's getting repettetive, because we know humans do make mistakes, but it gets unbelivable with time (i.e. in JP 7 humans do something new and they messed up and there's the running and screaming again)

A prequel isn't really what I want. Some friends of mine suggested the time on Sorna during Hurricane Clarissa, but I don't think that this is enough to make a Jurassic Park movie.

Only thing that maybe could be interesting: doing a reboot. Being more faithfull to the books. Then it won't hurt this timeline and you have much more freedom with the reboot.

I'm not sure about Disney getting the rights to Crichton estate's Jurassic Park, but on the subject of reboots, if I might try pitching something: Queuing Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQvSi5yrPs

Apart from being crazy about dinosaurs from an early age (say 2003), something I find interesting about people is that without a complete understanding of individuals with autism, typical people will express skepticism and/or commit to violence, depending on the social circumstance. These rules are also applicable with animals today, as one can see with human race's over-exploitation of the earth’s biosphere.

Here in The Jurassic World (a Serengeti & Novel inspired reboot) episodic game is an opportunity to challenge humanity's perspective of plants and animals, and encourage critical thinking of age old dinosaur cliches. Serengeti inspiration comes from a stream of dinosaurs national parks in sub tropical U.S. & Mexico, Each the size of 2-3 Isla Sorna's.

* Ellen Reimman is the kind of wife who would beat a Carnotaurus from her husband, but still research them to improve how she can handle the dinosaurs better.
* Nate Reimman is the kind of husband who can blindly get in the wrong end of a loose stegosaurus just to invent innovative technologies and keep up with Ellen’s research team.
* Lewis Dodgson is the kind of businessman who stops at nothing to sabotage the Jurassic World while still forcing his press to give him love under terms.

How's that sound so far? Let me know if any improvements need to be made.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm

NikoRex wrote:

I prefer WB myself.

Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:49 am

At least, on Disney we would get a ton of merchandise (looking at you Star Wars) Laughing

Nah but seriously, I don't really mind who get's the rights.
Maybe Amblin and Universal will get it again, because Steven was a good friend to Crichton.

But my interest would be to let the franchise rest. Even if I have a feeling that JP6 wont have a conclusive end and they will left enough room to expand on the story in the future.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:14 am

I want a really good video game. Not a park simulator or shooting gallery but something never seen before. Maybe an epic adventure through the jungle uncharted style. Or an “alien isolation” type game where raptors stalk you and tension is sky high.

In fact you could really combine all those elements into a great game. Good story, exploration and platforming, running of course(lol), fighting bad guys FK style and a bunch of really tense stealth sequences.

Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:29 am

^ Yes please!

That would be so cool. I've talked with a friend of mine about a possible free roam JW game during and right after the JW desaster. You play as some guy/girl who was left behind after the evacuation on JW and you have to somehow survive. You can loot some ACU hideouts for non lethal weapons (so here's your anti killing dinosaurs policy Universal!)

It buggs me, that Universal is so hesitant to do more with the licence.
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 am

I'd take anything without Claire and Owen.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:27 pm

I would say "let it go extinct" in the film medium, wait a few years, and then do a high-budget, novel-accurate TV series.  (I would also not be against a Lego tv series in the vein of "LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures" set in the JW universe).

There's a rumor floating around that Universal only has the rights to make six movies, and after that, the adaptation rights would go back to Crichton's family/estate. I don't know if it's true, but I hope it is.

The sad truth about Jurassic Park is that it never had a lot of mileage to make a big movie franchise out of it. There was only enough story to squeeze two or three movies without going down a rabbit hole, really (and that's being very generous). Heck, Trevorrow himself has admitted in an interview for JW:FK that his biggest challenge as a screenwriter is that he will never be able to convince a movie audience that there was a lot left to tell after the first Jurassic Park movie.

The fact that in two and a half years we're gonna have the grand total of six Jurassic Park movies is already pretty surreal, and Universal/Spielberg/Marshall/Trevorrow should really know when enough is enough. I don't want them to make new JP movies just for the sake of having new movies. I hope the third Jurassic World - regardless of how good/bad it's going to be - is made with the intention of being a final chapter for the movie franchise, with no open endings or sequel hooks (I'm so very sick of those, in any medium).

I'm also not particularly crazy about the idea of a movie prequel for Jurassic Park/World. Mainly because, movie prequels, by a rule of thumb, tend to... well... suck, for N reasons: copious amount of fanservice to pander to the original movie's fanbase; silly retcons that make the original story retroactively convoluted; "important characters" that are nowhere to be found/mentioned in the original movie; the screenwriter's necessity to explain things that don't need explaining; the lack of tension due to the audience already knowing the fate of most of the characters; etc.

My ideal scenario would be for a high-budget live action TV series that adapted each of the two novels into a 10 episode season, commissioned by a big network or streaming service, with some big-name executive producers. It would play more into the cynical, science thriller aspects of the novel to better distance it from the movies. And it would need to be a TV series, both because the 10-hour episodic format would benefit a closer adaptation of the novel, and because I think the movie-going audience would never accept a movie reboot of Jurassic Park (the first movie is too iconic for its own good, it would be like making a movie reboot of E.T., or Back to the Future). It would have David Krentz as the character designer for the dinosaurs, someone like Darren Naish as main paleontologist consultant, and either Pixomondo or The Mill responsible for the CGI. Naturally, the dinosaurs would be more scientifically accurate to better distance itself from the movie's dinosaurs. Also, it should preferably change some of the less-palatable aspects of the novels, like Lex/Levine being constantly bratty and self-cented, Ellie being treated as eye-candy, Malcolm's gigantic anti-science rambles, and some of the weirder/outdated depiction of the dinosaurs.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis

Last edited by Mr. Robustus on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm

NikoRex wrote:
^ Yes please!

That would be so cool. I've talked with a friend of mine about a possible free roam JW game during and right after the JW desaster. You play as some guy/girl who was left behind after the evacuation on JW and you have to somehow survive. You can loot some ACU hideouts for non lethal weapons (so here's your anti killing dinosaurs policy Universal!)

It buggs me, that Universal is so hesitant to do more with the licence.

Thanks and omg that’s a wonderful idea! Very Happy

I can’t imagine that wouldn’t be amazing. Running around on Nublar while avoiding Rexy, blue and other animals. And then while you wait for rescue you find what ingen is up to. Get to it Universal!
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:

The sad truth about Jurassic Park is that it never had a lot of mileage to make a big movie franchise out of it. There was only enough story to squeeze two or three movies without going down a rabbit hole, really (and that's being very generous). Heck, Trevorrow himself has admitted in an interview for JW:FK that his biggest challenge as a screenwriter is that he will never be able to convince a movie audience that there was a lot left to tell after the first Jurassic Park movie.

There are plots to be explored, but the movies never set themselves up to utilize them and they constantly go back to the islands. We're 5 movies into the franchise and we're only now getting dinosaurs on the mainland; we should have had a mainland plot for JP3 or JW, but instead the filmmakers keeping going back to milk the islands.

You could have things like the DX virus, dinosaur experimentation and uses in human society and even dinosaurs getting onto the mainland and not only posing a threat to humans, but also wrecking havoc on ecosystems (like invasion species).  

However, I don't think Hollywood has the intelligence today to do a plot like that well; JW and JW:FK are JP and TLW for Marvel audiences with very little else to say. That's why I personally feel the movies should stop for now until Hollywood can reboot the novel and do it with some tact, not just explosions, dinosaurs, Star Lord, chaos, cliche "life will find a way" Malcolm quote, etc.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:24 pm

NikoRex wrote:
At least, on Disney we would get a ton of merchandise (looking at you Star Wars) Laughing

Nah but seriously, I don't really mind who get's the rights.
Maybe Amblin and Universal will get it again, because Steven was a good friend to Crichton.

No. They have had no idea what to do with this franchise since 1997.

NikoRex wrote:
It bugs me, that Universal is so hesitant to do more with the licence.

I do agree agree with you on this. This franchise should be a mega franchise by now. Not some sci-fi franchise whose best years was in the 1990's.

Megaspino2 wrote:
There are plots to be explored, but the movies never set themselves up to utilize them and they constantly go back to the islands. We're 5 movies into the franchise and we're only now getting dinosaurs on the mainland; we should have had a mainland plot for JP3 or JW, but instead the filmmakers keeping going back to milk the islands.

You could have things like the DX virus, dinosaur experimentation and uses in human society and even dinosaurs getting onto the mainland and not only posing a threat to humans, but also wrecking havoc on ecosystems (like invasion species).

However, I don't think Hollywood has the intelligence today to do a plot like that well; JW and JW:FK are JP and TLW for Marvel audiences with very little else to say. That's why I personally feel the movies should stop for now until Hollywood can reboot the novel and do it with some tact, not just explosions, dinosaurs, Star Lord, chaos, cliche "life will find a way" Malcolm quote, etc.

I think a large part of this is because of how Universal's tendency to pander to the lowest common denomenotor. The F&F franchise, the Dr. Seuss movies, both their failed attempts at their own monsterverse aka, the Dark Universe, and as I said before, this franchise after TLW.

This franchise NEEDS people who deeply care about what it was and what it could be. Not just some franchise that was dumbed down for the sake of money, which is what most sci-fi franchises have become, Godzilla being the lone exception.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

It is extremely frustrating that it has taken JW and FK just to get to ONE two hour movie about Dino’s on the mainland. I genuinely feel like you could make a trilogy out of that if done right. I mean FK makes it very clear that dinosaurs are world wide.

I wish they’d pull a Hobbit and add another film...

Although I definitely agree with you about Hollywood, I will have to say they probably had to do some of the stuff they did. To jump straight into the kind of plot we want and expect profit when they can easily tap into the more casual fan base(EXTREMELY Action oriented films).

But I have a lot of faith in the way tv programs are starting to be produced. I think the industry is realizing some stories simply can’t be told in 3 movies. I think it’s feasible to see a JP show in our lifetime. But I could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:

Totally agree here - IMO JP3 should have stuck with the original plot with Grant investigating escaped animals in remote Costa Rica (though with more than Pteranodons and no return to Site B), JP4 should have been a science lab run-amok story with a new setting somewhere on the mainland where they introduced the hybrids like the indoraptor, and then JP5 or 6 could have a more global scale.

Troyal1 wrote:
It is extremely frustrating that it has taken JW and FK just to get to ONE two hour movie about Dino’s on the mainland. I genuinely feel like you could make a trilogy out of that if done right. I mean FK makes it very clear that dinosaurs are world wide.

I wish they’d pull a Hobbit and add another film...

Although I definitely agree with you about Hollywood, I will have to say they probably had to do some of the stuff they did. To jump straight into the kind of plot we want and expect profit when they can easily tap into the more casual fan base(EXTREMELY Action oriented films).

But I have a lot of faith in the way tv programs are starting to be produced.  I think the industry is realizing some stories simply can’t be told in 3 movies. I think it’s feasible to see a JP show in our lifetime. But I could be wrong

Also agreed, IMO if JW had to be about another park it should have been set somewhere on the mainland. Actually, JW and FK really could have been combined into one movie, since an awful lot of JW in particular feels like filler IMO.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 am

Star Wars still had a lot of stuff coming out in-between trilogies, right? I'm open to JP doing the same, really. Maybe reboot the franchise after a decade or so.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 12:46 pm

I've been a long-time fan of the live-action television series direction for the franchise, especially considering how I think the Jurassic series would and could make that transition to television. I admit though, getting a novel accurate reboot though is also appealing to me as well.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 3:57 am

How about a prequel showing the original park while it was still under construction. In 'JW: Fallen Kingdom', we got the chance to see Blue and her sisters while they were still babies. We've only ever know Rexy as an adult, so it would be interesting to see what she was like as a hatchling.

Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 am

Don't make anything else. It's that simple. Shut the franchise down and call it a day. People are complaining enough as it is, and it isn't worth the movies I like.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 2:04 pm

I want spinoffs. Different writers, directors, etc.... I want different types of films, all under the Jurassic banner, and all in the same universe, but seperate from one another. New characters and plots with each film. Completely different tones. Dinosaurs are everywhere now, and I think it would be a crime for the franchise not to take advantage of that.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 pm

I am not a fan of over extending things way too much. So no Marvelesque Cinematic Universes for me. Over extending things too much means either keeping the same formula and becoming repetitive or changing things too much to the point where you lose your fanbase. Look how that is working out for Star Wars.

Even if some fans hated 1 or 2 things from the prequels, most were at least ok with his 6 film saga. Then Disney comes in to milk the cow dry and all of the sudden they are making movies, comics, books, videogames, toys and origin stories about more of less any character ever even when fans were not asking for it. It is.no longer something special. It is just something you see everyday. Not to mention they have turned Star Wars into an agenda driven thing. Forget the classic characters, now it is all about men being stupid fools and women being wise and powerful.

Do you want that happening to Jurassic?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 11:31 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I am not a fan of over extending things way too much. So no Marvelesque Cinematic Universes for me. Over extending things too much means either keeping the same formula and becoming repetitive or changing things too much to the point where you lose your fanbase. Look how that is working out for Star Wars.

Even if some fans hated 1 or 2 things from the prequels, most were at least ok with his 6 film saga. Then Disney comes in to milk the cow dry and all of the sudden they are making movies, comics, books, videogames, toys and origin stories about more of less any character ever even when fans were not asking for it. It is.no longer something special. It is just something you see everyday. Not to mention they have turned Star Wars into an agenda driven thing. Forget the classic characters, now it is all about men being stupid fools and women being wise and powerful.

Do you want that happening to Jurassic?

Jurassic Park has never been about political agendas. It's always been about bigger, more important questions. But more to the point, there's absolutely no reason to believe that widening the franchise would result in politically motivated agendas or oversaturation. But even if there's a chance of oversaturation, I'd take that over the franchise simply dying.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)   Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future of the Franchise (Jurassic 7 and Beyond)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next