Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!

Go down 
+22
eagc7
Bionic
JD-man
Island Queen
Bbrink1996
The Geeky Zoologist
Dr. Wu
Megatronus Rex
1morey
dance2nite
Sickle_Claw
NikoRex
CommanderKeller
Pachyrhinosaurus
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
Robotpo
TyrannosaurTJ
Mr. Robustus
Dead2009
owenpratt
Spiegel
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 6:32 pm

eagc7 wrote:
Bionic wrote:
JD-man wrote:
eagc7 wrote:
Bionic wrote:
So these teenagers have been stranded for weeks after the evacuation of JW which obviously made headlines around the world and none of their parents have reported them missing? Sorry but that is complete rubbish.

There is nothing that indicates they havent reported them missing, keep in midn we've just stayed in the island with the kids, we havent seen what happened on mainland

It could be another Kirby's situation in where the Kirby's tried the best they could to save Eric, but everyone turned down the rescue mission as they saw it a lost cause.

To add to the above quote, Mitch said that "Isla Nublar is under UN quarantine. The dinosaurs, they've been abandoned, forgotten."

Who's talking about the dinosaurs? It's about six kids on the island. How was Sattler able to quickly mobilise military forces to get Grant rescued from a restricted island, yet nobody touches Nublar for months despite 6 kids left behind? (She probably didn't even know about the Kirbys).
Its not about the dinosaurs, its more about the state of the island as far the UN is concerned

Then I repeat, how was Sattler able to quickly send the Navy and the Marines to Sorna, a highly restricted area, during JP3?
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:57 am

Dude, Ellie's husband - Mark Degler, worked for the US State Department, it is pretty obvious he called in a favor and had some clout to pull it off. That's why the rescue at the end of JP3 happens - she told her hubby and hubby sent the Navy and a Marine detachment. He states what he does professionally during the dinner between Ellie and Alan at the beginning of the film.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17

FayhdrianColonist likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 1:55 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Dude, Ellie's husband - Mark Degler, worked for the US State Department, it is pretty obvious he called in a favor and had some clout to pull it off. That's why the rescue at the end of JP3 happens - she told her hubby and hubby sent the Navy and a Marine detachment. He states what he does professionally during the dinner between Ellie and Alan at the beginning of the film.

That makes sense, I totally forgot that detail. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

I'm embarrassed that I have never realized that detail which justifies one of my biggest gripes with the movie. Thank you for pointing that out, I found some new respect for JP3!
I think more people would have realized this connection if there was anything to remind the audience about that during the rescue, that's my only remaining gripe.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 10:42 am

No problem. JP3 has a lot of issues due to it being a troubled production, but it did leave some decent bread crumbs for people to pick up on that connect the story together.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17

FayhdrianColonist likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 9:37 am

So it looks like the kids probably are going to Site B thanks to the promotional material. I guess that fan theory of the broken compass was right, that's great attention to detail by the animators.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2021 4:17 am

Potential spoiler:
Spoiler:

My thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited by JD-man on Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 am

I still don't believe toys mean anything is confirmed, but if it makes people happier, more power to them. I just don't like getting my hopes up for things I really want to see and then it doesn't pan out because I detest the material even more after when it never promised something to begin with. Like all the people who were hoping for another Scorpios or a baby Baryonyx to be on the boat and it's...Compys. Just lol.

If Sarco is in it, cool. I love the Sarco. If not, oh well, always opportunities in the future.

I'm also still very iffy on that Scorpios image. It was only seen briefly and nothing since, making me believe it was an oopsie by the marketing team.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2021 4:19 am

1stly, I forgot to post this potential spoiler (+ my thoughts) before S4, so I'm posting it now.
Spoiler:

2ndly, I was able to finish S4 within 24 hours (w/breaks in btwn to sleep & work).
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 am

I wasn't planning on posting more thoughts just yet, but Swrve's S4 review is so full of nonsense/inaccuracy that I had to comment.

Swrve's review:
Spoiler:

My comment:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 9:28 pm

I like season four though it's not my favorite.
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 am

Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:
I like season four  though it's not my favorite.

Same.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 12:28 am

I know everyone was iffy about S4, but I feel like it fit the overarching theme of the entire franchise of "control". It is also why I am very excited for S5 more curious as to how they are setting it after JWD!

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 1:05 am

TRK/TrexKing wrote:
I know everyone was iffy about S4, but I feel like it fit the overarching theme of the entire franchise of "control". It is also why I am very excited for S5 more curious as to how they are setting it after JWD!
Yeah Im going into S5 with an open mind or trying to.

In retrospect it's kind of strange to me to see we're talking abotu S5 in the thread originally made for this show being announced in first place. But I guess that's one indicator of just how much time has passed.

Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 5:51 am

Just finished rewatching S4 & wanted to share more of my thoughts before S5:

This scene is sorta Deus ex Machina-y, but awesome nonetheless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bTOhkh2PPw

The Bumpy scene reminds me of "Jurassic Bark": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3PWHxoT_E

Yaz's character development is the highlight of S4. I especially like 1) her gay panic look when being complimented by Sammy in ep1 (0:25: https://it-fits-i-ships.tumblr.com/post/672606756064690176/combing-through-every-single-episode-of-jurassic ), 2) her eyebrow raises throughout ( https://tenor.com/view/jurassic-world-camp-cretaceous-season-jwcc-yaz-yazmina-camp-cretaceous-gif-24085442 ), & 3) her confident head shake when being complimented by Sammy in ep11 ( https://campbumpy.tumblr.com/post/670306673897963520/even-brooklynn-knows-that-yaz-at-sammy-like-each ), which shows how far she's come since ep1.

We all know that Kash is gonna get his comeuppance eventually. What I'm wondering is how. I'm thinking either 1) via Velociraptor b/c he antagonized them w/invisible fences & golf balls, or 2) via Spinosaurus b/c he put it in the desert biome & told Darius to chip it.

Before S4, I was indifferent to ships w/the 4 single campers: For 1, any combination of Darius/Kenji/Brooklynn seemed equally plausible; For another, Ben seemed more in love w/Bumpy than anyone else. Now, I have to admit that Kenji/Brooklynn are surprisingly cute together. Also, I'm glad they didn't do a "Love Triangle" like some fans thought b/c that's 1 of my least favorite tropes. "Liar Revealed" is probably my #1 least favorite (which is partly why S1Ep6 is so hard for me to watch).

I figured the JP Dilophosaurus was defending its territory from (rather than hunting) Nedry, but it's good to have hard canon support for that in Ep11. Also, while I still prefer the real Dilophosaurus ( http://web.archive.org/web/20201216232515im_/https://static.scientificamerican.com/sciam/assets/Image/2020/saw0121Mars31_pan_and_zoom.jpg ), I like the idea of the JP/JW Dilophosaurus living in small territorial flocks that call to each other constantly.

No Sarcosuchus in S4. Maybe in S5, presumably in the Swamp Biome. If so, it'd be kind of amazing if CC's Sarcosuchus scenes had a musical reference to the Tic-Tock scenes in Disney's "Peter Pan": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzlgbWEjzI

I've said this before, but it bears repeating:
-S4 is, at its core, pretty on-brand for a Michael Crichton-based story (I.e. All his stories are basically about humans trying & failing to use science to control what they don't understand; In fact, the original JP is basically Westworld w/GMO dinos instead of robot cowboys). I get not everyone likes seeing the JP/JW franchise progress in that way, but to claim it doesn't fit/make sense for the overarching story despite all the progressions that preceded it (E.g. JWFK's human-cloned Maisie & laser-controlled Indoraptor) is just plain nonsensical/inaccurate.
-On a related note, it's hard to take ppl seriously when they claim that S4 "jumped the shark"/"is a bridge too far", yet excuse JWFK's lava-/pyro-proof Owen & 4th-wall-breaking Indoraptor.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 10:31 pm

Does the final season make the Telltale game fully non canon?

Like where the can ends up at the end of the game being crushed or left behind on the docks but in the final season where it originally left?

Haven't seen the final season in full.

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 10:15 am

And in the end this series was meh. Some cool things, but having out of place killer robots and biome-divided island with fake sky was just too much for me. Its not cannon in my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3