Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Which movie has the best soundtrack?

Go down 
+22
Faelrin
Chopperface
BarrytheOnyx
Darth Spidey
SmugTheFab
Valforwing
FayhdrianColonist
Prehistoric
TheRexMan22
Tyrant Lizard
Aegyptiacus3
Jurassic Gabo
Troyal1
owenpratt
V.a.nublarensis
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
Megatronus Rex
Timothy
Klausi
Theta Rex
Pokesaurus
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What movie has the best soundtrack?
Jurassic Park
Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_lcap55%Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 29 ]
The Lost World
Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_lcap38%Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 20 ]
Jurassic Park 3
Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_lcap2%Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Jurassic World
Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_lcap5%Which movie has the best soundtrack? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 53

Back

AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

Which movie has the best soundtrack? Empty
PostSubject: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:10 pm

So, which movie do you think has the best soundtrack? I personally enjoy the TLW soundtrack the most, though the 1st movie comes into a close second. Both are very great of course. The JP3 soundtrack is pretty good as well, though it is basically, IMO, just a rehash of the original soundtrack.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!

Last edited by Pokesaurus on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:28 pm

It's a very, very, very, VERY close space between the first and second films. Both films are jam-packed full of memorable and amazing scores, but I'd ultimately have to go with TLW. Tracks like Malcolm's Journey and Rescuing Sarah are likely the primary reasons why I'd pick it over the first one. As for the JP3 soundtrack, I can say that I really liked that one too.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Klausi

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:24 am

I'm going with the TLW soundtrack here.
Back to top Go down
Timothy
Embryo
Embryo
Timothy

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:03 am

The TLW Soundtrack. Smile
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:10 pm

I hope this isn't considered necroposting due to the board situation...

I love the JP soundtrack. It's so whimsical, classical, soothing, yet exhilarating when needed. TLW's soundtrack incorporates more percussion, which I like, and it does sound more adventurous. The theme for the tyrannosaurs is my favorite from all four movies. JP3's soundtrack is much quicker paced, I think, and while I do really enjoy it, I don't think it's as memorable as the first two. JW is the least memorable for me. Something about it is just not as catchy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:14 pm

The Lost World! I love how jungly and bestial it sounds.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 pm

The Lost World is my favorite, Such a great score. I will say, Jurassic World's score has grown on me though.  (Wait, this is a 2012 thread, JW doesn't exist yet. Razz  )

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:24 am

I used to say TLW has the best soundtrack, but now I'd say JP tops it by a small margin.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 am

Just fixed the poll at the top to be votable again and added Jurassic World.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Surprised at how many here voted for TLW soundtrack! Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think JP is simply the best. JW a close second. TLW third one, very close to JW in my ranking. JP3, while a good soundtrack, is the least memorable.
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Maybe I need to listen to the JW soundtrack again, but it didn't strike me as all that memorable. I ended up skipping a few tracks, and there aren't that many to begin with. It just seemed like the JP soundtrack's little, less impressive brother. Still great, mind you, but not compared to JP and TLW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 5:25 pm

JP1 has to win. I mean as far as a sequel goes I have to go TLW of course.
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Gabo
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Gabo

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Certainly difficult decision, I love the soundtrack of the first two always equal to or quality; Williams majestic work, these epic tracks and full beauty of the first, as scores and dark thriller The Lost World that are unforgettable. Between the two of my favorite tracks are "Journey To The Island" and "Malcolms Journey". I agree that the soundtrack /// JP and JW are the most vague but there are many issues that are saved.

Almost 25 years of the existence of this franchise, and we still feel like that enchanted child to see those Brachiosaurus in the lake refreshing. Long live Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicgabo.deviantart.com/
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 am

This is honestly such a hard choice. I'm torn between all of them because they are all unique and extremely good soundtracks. The original's is classic, TLW's has a great jungle/adventure vibe, JP3's is somewhat underrated and JW's is great! All different but all fantastic. If I had to pick one though, I would probably say JP.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 10:51 am

JP by a pretty wide margin.

Second place probably goes to TLW, which beats JW by just a smidgen.

JP3 a very distant third.

Which movie has the best soundtrack? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Jurassic Park is the obvious selection. Even before I developed a powerful connection with music scores I always loved JP's theme. I think the little tune has been permanently burned into my memory.

Jurassic World comes in second place... and TLW and JP3 tie for third.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Prehistoric
Embryo
Embryo
Prehistoric

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 3:44 am

Jurassic Park. Every track perfectly evokes what it sets out to, be it adventure, nostalgia, suspense, or all three. You also can't beat the classic themes. In fact, I'm not sure I would love the first film to the degree that I do if not for the score, which is basically a character all its own.

I do appreciate what The Lost World score delivers, however. It's a definite departure from the first film's music, but fits in perfectly with the eerier environments and general tone depicted in the movie. I would put it second.

The word I would use for Jurassic Park III's music is 'forgettable'. It wasn't bad by any means, but nothing really stood out, aside from the incorporation of recycled themes. I do like 'Isla Sorna Sailing Situation', though! The word I would go with for Jurassic World's? Lackluster. To this day I STILL can't decide if it's because the music itself just isn't that inspiring or if it's the events on-screen that damper the score for me (I found the film itself to be lackluster as a whole). I do remember buying the soundtrack before watching the movie and feeling disappointed, so probably a combination of both. Still, there are some redeeming tracks, like 'The Park Is Closed', that make it a little worthwhile, and Giacchino clearly put forth some effort. I would put it in third place.

Which movie has the best soundtrack? Tumblr_nfxh7fqh2c1twcj5xo7_250Which movie has the best soundtrack? Tumblr_nfxh7fqh2c1twcj5xo4_250
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:20 am

This was a really hard choice. I picked Jurassic Park, because in the end it is the most memorable, I think. The others are all very, very good (I actually like the third one) and fit their respective movie perfectly, but I think I'm going to have to go with JP. TLW and JW were tied for a close second and JP3 a close third.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Valforwing
Embryo
Embryo
Valforwing

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 3:18 am

I did'nt even know that JPIII even had a soundtrack. i just assumed it uses bits of TLW and JP
I really liked JW because after listening to some of the other JP games the composer for JW did, as well as play JWLEGO the music is now makes me feel almost the same as JP.

i want to paint my dads Fleetwood RV like the Mobile comand center then take it on a road trip with TLW's opening theme song playing on a loop.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 6:19 pm

JP, then TLW, with JW right behind, and finally, JP3

Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:49 pm

I actually think that the JW soundtrack is better than TLW. Go ahead, ship me to Isla Sorna and throw me to the Raptors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Darth Spidey wrote:
I actually think that the JW soundtrack is better than TLW.  Go ahead, ship me to Isla Sorna and throw me to the Raptors.

I agree with you, actually. Or... well, TLW soundtrack is maybe better on a technical level, but JW one is more enjoyable IMO.
I listen more often to JW score, but I can't deny TLW one is pretty awesome, especially the main theme.
So to me JW is better, but just with a hair of difference

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:53 pm

I voted Jurassic Park as the best score, and by far the most iconic, but The Lost World would be my second favourite, followed by Jurassic World (a score I actually wish was nominated for the Oscars in 2015), and finally JP3.

Which movie has the best soundtrack? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 pm

JP III was the only one without a ton of favorites on the soundtrack for me but I still enjoyed the score in places.

The first JP is super iconic; I perfectly remember the main theme, Dennis stealing the embryos, and the closing theme.

TLW was really very eerie and primal. It felt like we were on a much, much darker Isla Sorna than was in the film itself - especially in the quiet track that plays right before the raptors attack Sarah. Super dark and creepy. The safari theme was cool and fun.

I liked Billy Oblivion from JP3.

JW had a ton of favorites. It paid tribute to the old while still having original highlights - that "dun-dun... Dun dun dun." For reference it plays as we see the kids enjoying the asteroid presentation, fossil dig, and the globe. I just really liked it, it was a great addition to the franchise. And the rest of the score was really good. The frantic raptor chase, the ominous horns of the Indominus, the awesome swell when Paddock Nine is opened, and of course the heartbreaking piano for the Apatosaurus. As the Jurassic World Turns was terrific too, and honestly The Park Is Closed could be the new musical "face" of the franchise alongside the main theme. So wonderful, peaceful, and sweet.

Judging by my gushing, I think my favorite is JW.

One more note from JW: remember that creepy spot featuring the birth of the Indominus? With the creepy female choir? I was really missing that in the actual movie. Just like in the first film, it felt appropriate for the birth of evil.
Back to top Go down
Faelrin
Embryo
Embryo
Faelrin

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 8:37 pm

TLW's soundtrack is my personal favorite, but I also enjoy the original JP's soundtrack, and JW's. I haven't watched JP3 in years so I can't say I'm familiar enough with the soundtrack, to know if I like it or not.
Back to top Go down
KingGrimlock
Embryo
Embryo
KingGrimlock

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:28 am

I love all the soundtracks but Jurassic Park and The Lost World are favorites.
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:13 am

I doesn't get any better than Jurassic Park's score for me. John Williams really made a Masterpiece. My favourite Soundtrack by a large margin and my favourite movie Soundtrack as a whole.

I do like the Soundtrack of The Lost World very much but it's not as good as the orgininal in my opinion. It does fit the movie really well, that's why I like it so much. It's a shame that you have to pay a small fortune to buy it these day's.

Jurassic Park /// had a decent Soundtrack I liked it pretty much.

Jurassic World is my third favourite I think, it also fits the movie well and has it's own sound mixed with some originals I love it.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 6:45 am

Re-listening to Jurassic World soundtrack before, and... that is absolutely stunning. I listened to many Giacchino's scores, but this one is his best work to date, IMO

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 11:26 pm

JP is by far my favorite.

After that, I'd probably go with JW, but maybe that's just because I've listened to more of it than the soundtrack for TLW. I particularly like "Nine to Survival Job," "The Park is Closed," and "As the Jurassic World Turns."

JP3's soundtrack isn't bad, but I can't remember any of it. I don't like the movie much, though, so maybe that's just coloring my opinion of the music as well Razz

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 am

Obviously Jurassic Park. However, TLW main theme is extremely memorable and Malcolm's Journey is one of my favorites pieces ever. Most of the other tracks are very definitive too. The soundtrack is without a doubt the best aspect of that film, as flawed at it may be.

JP3 score is plain rehash. When I heard in the theaters 15 years ago I almost thought it as bad parody of the Williams score? The only new song I remember from it is the Udesky theme (or whatever it's called) that plays when they the mercenaries are testing the guns. I guess the hatchery theme is nice too but again reminds too much of the original tunes.

JW I don't remember anything about, though perhaps that has something to do with only seeing the film 1½ times. Forgettable and bland just as Giacchino scores often are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which movie has the best soundtrack?   Which movie has the best soundtrack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which movie has the best soundtrack?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next