Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Prehistoric Planet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Prehistoric Planet  Empty
PostSubject: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 10:10 am

Have you wanted to see a modernized form of Walking With Dinosaurs?

Well, good news. From May 23 to the 27th, Prehistoric Planet will be streaming on Apple TV +

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=le0iiWwdeeE

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 7:16 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well, good news. From May 23 to the 27th, Prehistoric Planet will be streaming on Apple TV +

I've been really looking forward to this. The dinosaurs look absolutely stunning.

On a side note, with Netflix's bleeding subs and now apparently adding commercials (that'll go over well), I have the feeling Apple TV+ is going to be the next big player in streaming within pretty short order. We have the new Monsterverse series coming out on Apple TV+ as well.

Prehistoric Planet  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 8:44 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I've been really looking forward to this. The dinosaurs look absolutely stunning.

On a side note, with Netflix's bleeding subs and now apparently adding commercials (that'll go over well), I have the feeling Apple TV+ is going to be the next big player in streaming within pretty short order. We have the new Monsterverse series coming out on Apple TV+ as well.

Not to mention how Disney+ had been losing thousands, if not a few million, subscribers as of late, too.

Hopefully, the success of Prehistoric Planet convinces Discovery to revive and modernize WWD.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 5:32 pm

Every day sees another million views on the trailer to Prehistoric Planet, for a documentary series of this budget and caliber this surely must be turning quite a few heads.

Prehistoric Planet  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 7:33 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Every day sees another million views on the trailer to Prehistoric Planet, for a documentary series of this budget and caliber this surely must be turning quite a few heads.

What also helps is that Jon Favreau helped make this. When you have one of the creators of the MCU in your corner who partially repaired Star Wars from KK's damage, then you know that you're getting a pretty solid product.

Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 3:05 am

Good to see an official PP thread. I originally commented on PP in "Palaeowins": https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t433p30-palaeowins-mk-ii#38370
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 10:20 pm

I may give it a shot but im not paying for another subscription service, lol.

Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 12:53 am

Dead2009 wrote:
I may give it a shot but im not paying for another subscription service, lol.

It's only $5 "to watch the whole show and just cancel the subscription. Or simply free if you wait until it's all out and watch it in the 7 day trial which I believe is renewed each year[...]I've watched 3 full shows on AppleTV and paid for no more than one month": https://www.reddit.com/r/Naturewasmetal/comments/tuea4d/the_teaser_trailer_for_prehistoric_planet_on/i33e3br/
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:30 am

New PP images!: https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/originals/prehistoric-planet/episodes-images/

I originally thought the nuzzling T. rex scene was gonna be in "Forests", but I guess not. Makes me wonder if the velociraptorine scenes are in different episodes. More specifically, maybe the waterfall is an indication that the velociraptorine trio is in "Freshwater" (as opposed to "Deserts").
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 6:40 pm

"Great to have confirmation we'll get some making of/behind the scenes content for #PrehistoricPlanet 👍🏽🦖": https://twitter.com/ApplWatcher/status/1526058060409622528
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 4:27 pm

New trailer!:

Also, 5 new teasers, 1 for each episode!:

The teasers are especially exciting to me b/c they show that, in addition to the Velociraptor sp. in "Deserts" & "Freshwater", there are eudromaeosaurs in "Ice Worlds" & "Forests" Prehistoric Planet  1f600 I especially like these shots!:
Prehistoric Planet  FTICRngX0AAeOiN?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 10:15 am

The reviews for Prehistoric Planet have been overwhelmingly positive.

Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2022 6:29 am

For those who don't know, my hopes for PhP's Velociraptor have been high since the 1st teaser ( https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7869.msg316851#msg316851 ), & especially since the 1st trailer ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7869.msg317542#msg317542 ). After Ep3, I can confidently say that Una in particular (as nicknamed by Alteori) is the best, most beautiful Velociraptor I've ever seen (& thus, 1 of my favorite depictions of Velociraptor):

To add to Alteori's video, here's a quote from Dino Dad's PhP review ( https://dinodadreviews.com/2022/05/30/prehistoric-planet/ ):
Quote :
One easily forgets that we are not viewing living animals here; it often feels as though all of it was all simply shot on location as a traditional wildlife documentary. Velociraptor, for example, moves exactly like a large predatory ground bird, with all the little tics and quirks of movement that characterize the living animals, which does as much to convince viewers of its reality as the high resolution CGI models do.
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2022 3:15 pm

I need at least 1 40-minute version of this:
Back to top Go down
JD-man
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Wink 2 reviews for the price of 1:

In reference to "long twitter threads from the show's consultant": https://twitter.com/colinburgess/status/1537906534193065984
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Planet    Prehistoric Planet  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric Planet
Page 1 of 1