Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I think Sony pictures is either someone’s purchase very soon or about to get a huge shakeup and hopefully get better.

Kaz Hira is officially stepping down as CEO, but will still hold a respectable place in the company. Yet it’ll be Kenichiro Yoshida taking his place.

Now why do I think this is significant? Kaz was always a huge proponent of Sony’s entertainment division including the PlayStation(doing wonderful) but also Sony Pictures(I don’t need to say anything lol).

This Kenichiro Yoshida on the other hand is known for how aggressive he is with “trimming the fat” off of Sony. Getting rid of divisions, jobs, assets etc that bleed money and from what I’ve heard the investors really like that about him. Which is probably why he has stepped into the position.

Now obviously I don’t KNOW how he feels about the movie division and how it’s run right now. And Kaz will still be in the company(as was Yoshida all these years). But it’s extremely hard for me to imagine this guy letting Sony pictures poor performance go on. I think we are potentially about to see a huge shake up. Whether that means a closure, sale, or making it way better (hope this is the case).

Watch closely over the next year or two.

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/kazuo-hirai-sony-entertainment-strategy-loses-biggest-champion-1202685374/

Sony has 2 options: Either merge the movie branch with the video game branch or sell off everything. And if Fox sold off most of it's non-news assets, then I can see Sony doing the same thing.

If you don't mind, I'm going to post this on the Midnight's Edge FB page.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
I think Sony pictures is either someone’s purchase very soon or about to get a huge shakeup and hopefully get better.

Kaz Hira is officially stepping down as CEO, but will still hold a respectable place in the company. Yet it’ll be Kenichiro Yoshida taking his place.

Now why do I think this is significant? Kaz was always a huge proponent of Sony’s entertainment division including the PlayStation(doing wonderful) but also Sony Pictures(I don’t need to say anything lol).

This Kenichiro Yoshida on the other hand is known for how aggressive he is with “trimming the fat” off of Sony. Getting rid of divisions, jobs, assets etc that bleed money and from what I’ve heard the investors really like that about him. Which is probably why he has stepped into the position.

Now obviously I don’t KNOW how he feels about the movie division and how it’s run right now. And Kaz will still be in the company(as was Yoshida all these years). But it’s extremely hard for me to imagine this guy letting Sony pictures poor performance go on. I think we are potentially about to see a huge shake up. Whether that means a closure, sale, or making it way better (hope this is the case).

Watch closely over the next year or two.

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/kazuo-hirai-sony-entertainment-strategy-loses-biggest-champion-1202685374/

Sony has 2 options: Either merge the movie branch with the video game branch or sell off everything. And if Fox sold off most of it's non-news assets, then I can see Sony doing the same thing.

If you don't mind, I'm going to post this on the Midnight's Edge FB page.

Sure man. Very relevant topic for them
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 11:58 am

Update on Sony Pictures.

They might be up for sale after all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Update on Sony Pictures.

They might be up for sale after all.

My thinking: Disney buys the spider-people rights back, leaves Ghostbusters/MIB for another studio to pick up. Maybe Universal can buy them.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 7:19 am

Quentin Tarantino defends Roman Polanski by saying that 13 year old girl Polanski raped, "Wanted to have it."

Considering how he knew about Fat Harvey's sexual tendencies, this doesn't surprise me.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 am

I can't link to the article (demonstrator laptop at work won't let me), but Comcast is trying to kill Disney's purchase of Fox Studios.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm

David Goyer won't be directing the He-Man movie, but will stay on as both a writer and as the Executive Producer.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Here's the teaser trailer for the new Grinch movie.

I'm just waiting for the Seuss estate to take away the rights from Universal the way the Edgar Rice Burrough's estate did with Disney after John Carter bombed as bad as it did.

At least we have the WB animated Cat In The Hat movie to look forward to.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 pm

The ‘Terminator’ Franchise Is Getting a New Female Hero

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 am

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 3:47 pm

The Sopranos Prequel Movie in the Works at New Line
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/928733-the-sopranos-prequel-movie-in-the-works-at-new-line#gsQZSIujS7XfcUb4.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Uwe Boll challenges Alex Jones to a fight.

I say have them fight it out at Summerslam in a Last Man Standing match. Kendo sticks, steel chairs, baseball bats covered in barbed wire, wood tables, glass windows, steel ladders, you know. The works.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Jumanji Sequel Coming Next Year, The Rock Will Return
https://411mania.com/movies/jumanji-sequel-coming-next-year/

Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am

Netflix has announced that it is making a new Fast and Furious animated series, with a release in 2019.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/netflix-making-a-fast-and-furious-cartoon-this-is-/1100-6458431/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
Netflix has announced that it is making a new Fast and Furious animated series, with a release in 2019.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/netflix-making-a-fast-and-furious-cartoon-this-is-/1100-6458431/

Does it have to take Godzilla to kill this stupid franchise? I mean, how can this franchise still be alive? If people got sick of the Michael Bay Transformers series, then how can they deal with this franchise?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:42 pm

So far, 2018 has been the best year for movie theater attedance in 10 years.

I think it's safe to say that the MCU is responsible for much of that. And that this will be another case of Disney outright dominating the competition. At this point, nothing can stop them.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Gondrasia wrote:

Does it have to take Godzilla to kill this stupid franchise? I mean, how can this franchise still be alive? If people got sick of the Michael Bay Transformers series, then how can they deal with this franchise?

Honest question Rhedo: Have you watched any of them? I admit an animated series sounds incredibly stupid, but as for the films? Well incredibly stupid but enjoyably stupid. It's a franchise they've honestly constantly changed up and a few times and it works. It started as a street racing/heist movie. The second was a taking down a drug lord story. The third mainly focused on racing and wasn't that great, so they retooled the series, brought back Vin Diesel, and they've been super over the top action/heist/secret agent/near-superhero films. I mean the last one kind of sort of had Vin as the bad guy. I'm not saying you have to like them, I admit they're dumb. But to me they're dumb fun, and I really can't hate them.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 8:57 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Gondrasia wrote:

Honest question Rhedo: Have you watched any of them? I admit an animated series sounds incredibly stupid, but as for the films? Well incredibly stupid but enjoyably stupid. It's a franchise they've honestly constantly changed up and a few times and it works. It started as a street racing/heist movie. The second was a taking down a drug lord story. The third mainly focused on racing and wasn't that great, so they retooled the series, brought back Vin Diesel, and they've been super over the top action/heist/secret agent/near-superhero films. I mean the last one kind of sort of had Vin as the bad guy. I'm not saying you have to like them, I admit they're dumb. But to me they're dumb fun, and I really can't hate them.  

I've seen one and I didn't like it. It just felt generic and stupid.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Rambo 5 is set to get made and this time, he's taking on a Mexican drug cartels.

Considering how in real life how they taken over most of Mexico and how much of it has spilled over here in the United States, I'm all for this. Take my money.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 5:39 pm

I love me some Rambo, and I'd have loved this concept IF Sylvester Stallone wasn't over 70 years old at this point. What's with all these action movies bringing back their geriatric stars? At this point, color me cautiously curious.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Milla Jovovich to Star in Monster Hunter Adaptation
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/945399-milla-jovovichs-monster-hunter-adaptation-to-shoot-in-september#vYUKyw4f6OZgaPzv.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm

CBS is suing Shari Firestone in order to stop the CBS/Viacom merger.

I'm putting this here because Viacom, Paramount's parent company is $1 billion in dent and Paramount itself is at least $12 billion in debt and this merger would have cured them of their debts.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Here's an interesting You Tube video about why Orion Studios went down.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 3:32 pm

This is one of my most anticipated films of the year, right up there with Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2, and honestly its kind of a mixed bag. The animals don't look as realistic or well-rendered as the ones in the Disney version, and comparisons are going to be made. But I just want this one to stand on its own two feet as an adaptation of the Kipling story rather than Disney animated film.

I do really like the voice work from Bale, Blanchette, Cumberbatch and Serkis as their respective characters, and the boy playing Mowgli looks just as I imagined him reading the book.

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 7:12 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

This is one of my most anticipated films of the year, right up there with Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2, and honestly its kind of a mixed bag. The animals don't look as realistic or well-rendered as the ones in the Disney version, and comparisons are going to be made. But I just want this one to stand on its own two feet as an adaptation of the Kipling story rather than Disney animated film.

I do really like the voice work from Bale, Blanchette, Cumberbatch and Serkis as their respective characters, and the boy playing Mowgli looks just as I imagined him reading the book.

Is this coming out this year or next year? Because I know that Andy Serkis convinced WB to give him more time to work on it so that he can get it right.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 7:32 pm

It's scheduled for a November release of this year, yes.

And I believe it was pushed back twice, first by one year to avoid competing with Disney's Jungle Book, and then another whole year from 2017 to this year to let Geostorm take its place. This is not a small movie by any stretch, and Andy's taking a huge leap from being a second unit director under Peter Jackson to a nine figure budget motion picture. I just hope that the visual effects will look more polished in the final film, because they have to compete against the Oscar-winning animal effects of the 2016 film.

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 7:39 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
It's scheduled for a November release of this year, yes.

And I believe it was pushed back twice, first by one year to avoid competing with Disney's Jungle Book, and then another whole year from 2017 to this year to let Geostorm take its place. This is not a small movie by any stretch, and Andy's taking a huge leap from being a second unit director under Peter Jackson to a nine figure budget motion picture. I just hope that the visual effects will look more polished in the final film, because they have to compete against the Oscar-winning animal effects of the 2016 film.

I know that a lot of it was because of how Serkis wanted his version to be far more faithful to the book. My little sister told me that when Disney was making the animated version, that Walt himself said to the animators "See this? (Holds book) Ignore It! (Throws it away.). Granted the old animated version worked very well and is still considered a masterpiece, and Walt's final triumph. But I'm very interested to see how this more faithful version does.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Disney is starting to fight Comcast via the Fox buyout.

Forget taking of the gloves. Disney is putting on the Infinity Gauntlet. This is going to get nasty. And even if Comcast does block it, I don't see Fox willing to sell much of their assets to Comcast. They wanted to sell of most of their non-news assets to Disney for a reason.

Besides, just ask EA what happens when you piss off Disney.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next