Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JPLegacy Memorial Thread

Go down 
+46
Cha0ticArch0saur
RolandEden
Mysterious Hero M
Nublar7
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
Spiegel
Levine
Monolophosaurus
evolution_rex
Lord Kristine
Clonehunter
jpsacu
Prowler
Carcharodontosaurus
JVM
Megaspino2
MissDNA
Theta Rex
CloneTrooper101
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Rex Prime
Nedryland
Lost
Raptor_Guard999
Océane
urban ratite
Katana
TRK/TrexKing
Paleoman
Metal Gear Rex
Tarbtano
Troyal1
Pugpunasaurus
Crimsonraptor
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Pokesaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Just found this pic of when I helped host the JPLegacy booth at Comic Con:
JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 IwrMHfY

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:11 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Just found this pic of when I helped host the JPLegacy booth at Comic Con:
JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 IwrMHfY

I remember seeing this pic back in JPL. What year was this taken?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm

I want to say 2013.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 6:04 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I want to say 2013.

Did it take place before or after it was announced that Jurassic World would finally be made? And if it came after that announcement, then how many people showed up at that table?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Definitely after. We got asked quite a few questions about the movie. Can't remember how many people showed up, but I remember we went through over 100 fliers.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 6:21 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Definitely after. We got asked quite a few questions about the movie. Can't remember how many people showed up, but I remember we went through over 100 fliers.

That's actually far more then I thought. I was originally thinking that only a handful of people showed up considering how the MCU/The Avengers was starting to dominate the pop culture. That and how Godzilla was also talked about in 2013 as well.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Why was Dilly Dilophosaur gone at JPL for most of the remaining 6 months of 2016? He may have posted in January, but after that, he was a total no-show.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 pm

I think Dilly had some personal issues going on which caused him to leave JPL.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I think Dilly had some personal issues going on which caused him to leave JPL.

He did sound unsure of himself at times. That and he himself admitted that he needed to lose weight. The last time he posted, it was about some sort of cold. And after that, nothing. I would have thought that he would have come here.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Dilly would do that for as long as I had known him. He would pop in for a few months, then disappear for months on end. Then reappear and then disappear.

Linkin
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 am

Well I sure missed a lot in 2 years.... not that i was really active to begin with. Sad i spent most of my time in the IRC chat room.

Anyways, it's nice to see that most of you are still around and together. *thumbs up* it's hard losing a common meeting ground, I went through it years ago with my IRC chatroom (obviously not as hard to maintain as a website...), and it's always a warm feeling when you catch up with old friends and people you used to know. <3
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 am

Linkin wrote:
Well I sure missed a lot in 2 years.... not that i was really active to begin with. Sad i spent most of my time in the IRC chat room.

Anyways, it's nice to see that most of you are still around and together. *thumbs up* it's hard losing a common meeting ground, I went through it years ago with my IRC chatroom (obviously not as hard to maintain as a website...), and it's always a warm feeling when you catch up with old friends and people you used to know. <3

What was your name on the old forum?

Back to top Go down
Linkin
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am

I think I registered under Linkin.... or maybe Liger or Ligerzero.

I really wasn't active on the website, it was more the chatroom that I hung out in.
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Remember when JPIV was supposed to be out in 2007?

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Untitl10

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Crazy times, 2007. Razz
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Right? We were all worried about the pre-production hell JPIV was just entering while talking on MySpace about being hooked on Dani California and/or Misery Business. Lol

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 pm

This was supposed to be my thanksgiving post but like a dope I forgot to post it.

As we get closer to the date of the JW FK trailer I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude. I joined JPL to talk about the new movie and I was immediately met with a whole new world where JP fans openly existed and had a hope for the future of the franchise.

Yes there were bad times, things that could have been handled better,  drama and all that stuff, but all that stuff is a part of life. And I shamelessly took part in some of the drama myself. My hands aren’t clean. But slowly over time the mods and people I viewed as staff became people I viewed as friends, and still do to this day.

I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to a community I consider family. And a community that did not let the spirit of JPL die. A community that cares deeply about something that existed 65 million years ago. And most of all a community that cares about ME. Little old me in North Carolina, a shy introverted guy with health problems that comes here and is guaranteed a smile even the day my doctors issue bad news. And that’s why I don’t regret joining JPL, the sadness of losing the site was worth the incredible ride and people I met along the way.

Love all you guys. Still a bit sad that some members are missing but the staff is and has made amazing progress.

I feel truly thankful for this family.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
This was supposed to be my thanksgiving post but like a dope I forgot to post it.

As we get closer to the date of the JW FK trailer I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude. I joined JPL to talk about the new movie and I was immediately met with a whole new world where JP fans openly existed and had a hope for the future of the franchise.

Yes there were bad times, things that could have been handled better,  drama and all that stuff, but all that stuff is a part of life. And I shamelessly took part in some of the drama myself. My hands aren’t clean. But slowly over time the mods and people I viewed as staff became people I viewed as friends, and still do to this day.

I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to a community I consider family. And a community that did not let the spirit of JPL die. A community that cares deeply about something that existed 65 million years ago. And most of all a community that cares about ME. Little old me in North Carolina, a shy introverted guy with health problems that comes here and is guaranteed a smile even the day my doctors issue bad news. And that’s why I don’t regret joining JPL, the sadness of losing the site was worth the incredible ride and people I met along the way.

Love all you guys. Still a bit sad that some members are missing but the staff is and has made amazing progress.

I feel truly thankful for this family.

You had more hope going into JPL then I did. I was mainly a lurker who waited to see if JPL would make it to JW. Back in late-2014, much of the members were constantly arguing, TRK was locking posts seemingly left and right, and Ty threatened to shut down the site if the members didn't stop. That's why I didn't join as soon as you did. Not only that, but I was VERY cynical of JW and the Jurassic Park franchise even back then. When Ty made all but the public announcement part locked/made private, did I join. I don't regret it one bit.

It really is remarkable to know that this place has still held up and how many old timers are fairly active here. Add to that how Ty made his own site out of the JPL Encyclopedia and we now have 2 JPL 2.0s.

Yes, I still have doubts about the franchise, at least as long as Universal owns the rights anyway. But at the same time I'm not going lie, it is nice to see people and long term fans still care about it and to see new fans come in.

Like you, I consider this place a wonderful place. I actually consider this place more of a home then my the real house I'm at.

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:01 pm

JPL was an awesome place for me to go to see what news there was about the franchise, read up on some awesome theories, do research into my own, and just hang out with some pretty cool people. Again, I didn't post frequently, but I did meet some cool people who I came to be friends with on MySpace, or Twitter, or whatever and talk to them there. This site feels like how JPL was back when it was a cool place to hang out and I'm glad I joined in on the fun!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:37 pm

Saurillian wrote:
JPL was an awesome place for me to go to see what news there was about the franchise, read up on some awesome theories, do research into my own, and just hang out with some pretty cool people. Again, I didn't post frequently, but I did meet some cool people who I came to be friends with on MySpace, or Twitter, or whatever and talk to them there. This site feels like how JPL was back when it was a cool place to hang out and I'm glad I joined in on the fun!

How was JPL back then? I remember reading something that Ty did in a dinosaur blog about how down and angry the fanbase was about how JP3 crippled the franchise. Was it like that when you came in?

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 11:55 pm

I joined around 2005. While the community still disliked JP3 (Myself included) I don't remember it being too bad aside from the Rex vs Spino fight, which is STILL somehow tearing forums apart to this day at times. (Seriously guys, we know how it would have happened in real life, but that's what happened in the movie. And no, adding a scene where the Tyrannosaurus wins in Fallen Kingdom or whatever still won't change JP3, so move on. Lol) Aside from all that which I'm sure everyone is all TOO aware of, it wasn't so bad. I think by then everyone was mostly focusing on JP4

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:03 am

Saurillian wrote:
I joined around 2005. While the community still disliked JP3 (Myself included) I don't remember it being too bad aside from the Rex vs Spino fight, which is STILL somehow tearing forums apart to this day at times. (Seriously guys, we know how it would have happened in real life, but that's what happened in the movie. And no, adding a scene where the Tyrannosaurus wins in Fallen Kingdom or whatever still won't change JP3, so move on. Lol) Aside from all that which I'm sure everyone is all TOO aware of, it wasn't so bad. I think by then everyone was mostly focusing on JP4

So it was still fairly active. JP:OG must have added more fresh blood then I thought. I could only imagine what it was like between 2005-2013 when everything kept changing, including a cancellation of the movie at one point.

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:12 am

A mixture of uncertainty, dread, but also ambition. A lot of fan created content came out of that time since that's all we really had. In a way I kinda miss it, but I'm glad JP is back in the theaters!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPLegacy Memorial Thread
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14