Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!

Go down 
+6
TRK/TrexKing
Océane
sdp
GwrChurchward
Dr. Wu
Sickle_Claw
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Empty
PostSubject: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 12:10 pm

Thoughts? Are you excited?

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Kind of, I mean IDW gave us Jurassic Park Redemption which was pretty bad.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Kind of, I mean IDW gave us Jurassic Park Redemption which was pretty bad.
Well, this is there opportunity to really earn redemption.

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 4:30 am

Yay, IDW makes more awful comics. I am extremely excited.
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 9:09 pm

IDW makes great comics though which is why it's odd the previous ones were mediocre so I think they'll put a bigger effort this time now that they know how huge the franchise still is. 2017 is only a month away so I hope we start seeing some news soon, I haven't kept up with comics in years but aren't solicitations sent out 3 months in advance?

The earliest we could see the comics is April, we'll have some interviews/preview art then the first solicitation but I'm thinking it'll be more around the summer so we still need to wait a little.

http://miscrave.com
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 pm

I checked the solicitations for next February, and so far nothing. Maybe when December rolls around maybe?

Océane

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 10:22 pm

I Love their godzilla comics, can't wait!

TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 2:48 am

I'd love to see what timeframe they are set in.

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 pm

I'd read those, absolutely!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:46 pm

Still no news, I guess the earliest we can hope to see something will be in SDCC 2017 which is in July. Solicitation for books are about 3 months in advance. So, Unless the comic starts late fall I think IDW may miss the 2017 release for book that they mentioned in the press release and won't start until 2018, I would guess a few months before the movie comes out, maybe since january.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:41 pm

I'd really want to see Matt Frank have a go at it. Yes, I know that he's mainly involved with Godzilla, but he said that Jurassic Park was a huge influence on him, so it wouldn't be a crazy idea to have him be a part of it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:02 am

sdp wrote:
Still no news, I guess the earliest we can hope to see something will be in SDCC 2017 which is in July. Solicitation for books are about 3 months in advance. So, Unless the comic starts late fall I think IDW may miss the 2017 release for book that they mentioned in the press release and won't start until 2018, I would guess a few months before the movie comes out, maybe since january.

Yeah, Ive been following the solicitations, and so far the ones for July say nothing yet. I think it has to be comic con for a big announcement about that.

Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 am

We have no news...hmm...What's going on? IDW?

sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Solicitations for December came out and no signs of Jurassic World so there was at best a delay and at worst the comic is cancelled. There's hope with the new movie coming out next year but also this was IDWs worst year:

Direct IDW statement: "Publishing revenue decreased by ($751,000), principally due to industry cyclical downward pressure driven by market leaders, as well as the timing of significant major brand titles that are expected in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017."

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:06 pm

sdp wrote:
Solicitations for December came out and no signs of Jurassic World so there was at best a delay and at worst the comic is cancelled. There's hope with the new movie coming out next year but also this was IDWs worst year:

Direct IDW statement: "Publishing revenue decreased by ($751,000), principally due to industry cyclical downward pressure driven by market leaders, as well as the timing of significant major brand titles that are expected in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017."

Glad to know that it wasnt just me who keeps checking the solicitations for December. Smile Yeah I mean not a good year for IDW but I hope it just means it was pushed back for JW2 and not cancelled altogether.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
sdp wrote:

Glad to know that it wasnt just me who keeps checking the solicitations for December. Smile  Yeah I mean not a good year for IDW but I hope it just means it was pushed back for JW2 and not cancelled altogether.

Publishing revenue decreased by ($751,000), principally due to industry cyclical downward pressure driven by market leaders

Translation: Since people are getting sick of Marvel comics via their SJW writers, it's also affecting IDW comics too.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 1:14 pm

The comics were announced in July 2016 for release in 2017 which it not only missed we know absolutely nothing. Sonic the Hedgehog, Goosebumps and other properties have been announced after this and already have solicitations or issues released. We already have the March solicitations, so early 2018 seems to be dead as well.

Our next and biggest hope is we get solicitations on March for a June release to coincide with Fallen Kingdom, if we don't get solicitations by then I'm guessing the comics are dead. A shame, I thought we'd have JP comics to lead us into FK but instead IDW only got our hopes up again only to disappoint.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm not surprised. This franchise has had a long history of dropping the ball. This is just another example of that.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I'm not surprised. This franchise has had a long history of dropping the ball. This is just another example of that.

At least we're getting the Claire novel, which will probably do the job of explaining "what happened during the regular JW operation" as well as a comic would, probably better.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

At least we're getting the Claire novel, which will probably do the job of explaining "what happened during the regular JW operation" as well as a comic would, probably better.

Not only that, but the Claire novel would at least be canon. We might even get a Sorna reference.

Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:45 pm

If this rumour is true, we may have a big announcement for a Jurassic World comic series relatively soon.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
If this rumour is true, we may have a big announcement for a Jurassic World comic series relatively soon.

Seeing that he somehow effectively found out an exclusive that Universal gave to THR, that THR wasnt going to reveal for weeks... makes me really glad i got out of the news game.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:39 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Gondrasia wrote:

Seeing that he somehow effectively found out an exclusive that Universal gave to THR, that THR wasnt going to reveal for weeks...  makes me really glad i got out of the news game.

I wonder what the holdup was.

Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 am

I don't know that tweet was more than a month ago, I think this comic is dead, why would it not launch for the movie?

They've announced and released so many titles since then and met those deadlines while this was announced in 2017. Who knows what happened but this is essentially dead unless we see some real news by Universal or IDW.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 1:27 pm

sdp wrote:
I don't know that tweet was more than a month ago, I think this comic is dead, why would it not launch for the movie?

They've announced and released so many titles since then and met those deadlines while this was announced in 2017. Who knows what happened but this is essentially dead unless we see some real news by Universal or IDW.

As I said before, IDW has the same kind of SJW lunitics that have infested Marvel Comics. They winded up destroying the G.I. Joe comic series, inserted SJW politics in their Transformers comics and one of their editors or writers insulted the families of 9/11 victims or something like that and their sales have dropped a like big rock in a lake. Universal/Spielberg must have known this and realized that it wasn't worth it.

As much as I've been critical of Universal and Spielberg via their handling of this franchise, I'm not going to blame them for this. Not with IDW acting like dicks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!   IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IDW to publish Jurassic World comics in 2017!
Page 1 of 1