Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?

Go down 
+23
SmugTheFab
Hellothasaurus
Levine
Baryonyx111
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Darth Spidey
Viperman
SpinoInWonderland
owenpratt
Tarbtano
TheRexMan22
Troodon_formosus
Aegyptiacus3
JPMalcolmDilo
KingGrimlock
V.a.nublarensis
evolution_rex
Spinosaur4.4
Raptor Blue
Tyrant Lizard
dance2nite
CT-1138
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Empty
PostSubject: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm looking for somewhere between TLW and JP, edging more towards the TLW end. I like T. rex, and they need to make up for it's small amount of time in JP/// and JW. For that matter, I'd like the Raptors roles to be reduced more to their JP/TLW screen time.

How about you?

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 pm

T Rex in a first film like role & Raptors having only TLW type screentime please. We need Dilos in a main role this time I feel being on the mainland & also a Carnotaurus cameo appearance.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 10:57 pm

About equivalent to the first film. A healthy dose of T. rex is always a good thing, but it shouldn't be overboard like it was in TLW, with the T. rex dominating the entire film.

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm

I want T. rex as the star again. Like in the first 2 movies.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:11 pm

JW Screentime is good for me. I got enough of the same famous species, I want new dinosaur species that deserve to appear. I want new theropods, the franchise needs to add new cool dinosaurs too.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 pm

An interesting aspect of Jurassic World was that the Rex is hardly in the film, but it is hyped up for a big finale. That in a way signifies Jurassic Park's 'return', so you can't really do that again. I'd like them to explore encounters with other dinosaurs in future films and keep the Rex to the minimum. You can't get rid of the Rex though, and I believe you can't really have a JP film without it.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Maybe a similar screen time as the first movie. At least double JW's screen time.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:49 am

evolution_rex wrote:
An interesting aspect of Jurassic World was that the Rex is hardly in the film, but it is hyped up for a big finale. That in a way signifies Jurassic Park's 'return', so you can't really do that again. I'd like them to explore encounters with other dinosaurs in future films and keep the Rex to the minimum. You can't get rid of the Rex though, and I believe you can't really have a JP film without it.

Well, I don't want T.rex to be cut, I know it's impossible given it's large fanbase. BUT, add new cool theropods to co star? Hell yes.

Back to top Go down
KingGrimlock
Embryo
Embryo
KingGrimlock

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 am

I want T. Rex to be the star in JP5 but at the same time I also would love to see another large carnivore take the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:10 am

I think the amount of time Rexy had in the first film. Maybe even a little more.
Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:47 am

I think a Rex should and will have a bigger role in JW2.

Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:28 pm

I think about the same as the original film. It shows up a couple times to be awesome and threatening, then does something cool at the end, but doesn't dominate the movie like in TLW. Also, they can't really outperform JW's role for Rexy. Instead of trying to emulate that kind of awesomeness they should go for something different, to show the species in a new light.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:19 pm

I'd like to have Tyrannosaurus in the spotlight again... so, more screen time than with JW, but keep it to a minimum. Give other predators a chance to shine, as well.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:56 am

Every single JP film has had a Tyrannosaurus, even JP3 did that. So I'd say if they can work her/him into the plot, having them as a big threat be cool. At least 2 scenes be preferable.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 6:39 am

Not having a T-Rex or a Raptor in a Jurassic movie would be like having a Jurassic movie without the JP classic theme.
So I want them back in JW2, but maybe with some new main dinosaur so there can be some innovation

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
SpinoInWonderland
Hatchling
Hatchling
SpinoInWonderland

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:31 am

None.

More Allosaurus please.

Models | Skins | Mesozoic Revolution
Back to top Go down
http://spinoinwonderland.deviantart.com/
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 am

About the same as the first movie or at least a little bit more than JW. Don't want it dominating the movie like TLW.
Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 3:20 pm

How about no T-Rex? As long as they have Raptors, I'm fine. Of course, they should have some Rex in it. Maybe a news broadcast showing what has become of Rexy on the post-JW Nublar. That's all the Rex I want and think should be in the sequel.

I get it, we all love Tyrannosaurus and understand that it's the symbol of the Jurassic Park franchise, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be in every JP film. I mean, you can only do so much with one dinosaur. That goes for Velociraptors too, but because of their size, they aren't too overwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:09 am

SpinoInWonderland wrote:
None.

More Allosaurus please.

Allosaurus?

I like you. Razz Very Happy

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:22 am

I'm pretty sure a good jurassic story can be made without including raptors, t.rex and the jp classical theme. Yes they are symbols of the franchise but that doesn't mean they have absolutely to be in every iteration (this worked before in other franchises : for example, Gandalf is a symbol of the Tolkien Legendarium and yet he doesn't appeared in every Middle-Earth story, he is only present when its needed and relevant)

Don't take me wrong, i'm a huge fan of the t.rex but i prefer it to don't appear than to be shoehorned for the sake of it.

There is tons of other species that have potential to be memorable if their appearance on the big screen is well-handled.
Remember, the Jurassic park franchise made Raptors, Dilophosaurus, Gallimimus, Compsognathus and Spinosaurus popular.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:32 pm

I think the lack of T.rex or Velicoraptors would be keenly felt, even if the story was excellent. If the story was lackluster and problematic, then the backlash of their absence would be even worse. I think it might be time to introduce a new T.rex to follow in the footprints of Rexy, a young male possibly, but with only a couple of notable screen appearances just like in the first movie. I may have enjoyed each and every T.rex scene in The Lost World, but it did come at the expense of other dinosaurs.

I would approve of a more restrained use of T.rex in the next film if it allowed other species like Dilophosaurus, Carnotaurus and Allosaurus have a chance in the spotlight. I would also hope that what few appearances it has are respectful and leave a strong impact like Rexy in Jurassic World.

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:03 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think the lack of T.rex or Velicoraptors would be keenly felt, even if the story was excellent. If the story was lackluster and problematic, then the backlash of their absence would be even worse. I think it might be time to introduce a new T.rex to follow in the footprints of Rexy, a young male possibly, but with only a couple of notable screen appearances just like in the first movie. I may have enjoyed each and every T.rex scene in The Lost World, but it did come at the expense of other dinosaurs.

I would approve of a more restrained use of T.rex in the next film if it allowed other species like Dilophosaurus, Carnotaurus and Allosaurus have a chance in the spotlight. I would also hope that what few appearances it has are respectful and leave a strong impact like Rexy in Jurassic World.

This is essentially what I want, and what would probably be the smartest move for the franchise.

A significant role, with a couple of memorable appearances, but without overwhelming the film, and allowing time to introduce new species as well.

Obviously cutting it entirely would result in a massive fan backlash, which would follow the film forever, even if the film itself was fantastic. From a business standpoint, it would be a hilariously bad move.

Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 10:38 am

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Upload10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:39 am

About first film level IMO.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Give it like a few brief moments, then one big scene (maybe fight another dinosaur like a Trike or Stego), and thats it.
Back to top Go down
Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 pm

I would like to see Triceratops vs T-rex. That would really help complete the franchise for me.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Hellothasaurus wrote:
I would like to see Triceratops vs T-rex. That would really help complete the franchise for me.

I feel the exact same way. Not to say that fighting dinosaurs is all I want or expect from a Jurassic Park movie, but something about that particular battle feels right. It's not a Rex on Spino rematch, or a battle between some flavour of the month predator and either T. rex or Velociraptor, it would be a fight that would demonstrably prove that the herbivores are not meek cattle to simply be slaughtered, that they can in fact inflict some nasty damage when push comes to shove. We got a little bit of that in The Lost World and Jurassic World with the Stegosaurus and the Ankylosaurus, but a T. rex fighting a Triceratops is one of the most iconic images in all of prehistoric fiction and naturally lends itself to Jurassic Park.

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:32 pm

I want about three scenes with Rexy. A rex vs triceratops scene or something; one where the circumstances make rex depicted as a horror monster and he eats some people and stuff; and one, maybe by the end, where rex is a glorious, majestic creature. <3 But that's just me.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 8:37 pm

If there were to be a Rex/Trike fight at some point, I really wouldn't want to see either one of them die. The Rex dying is a no go, and the Trike dying in it's first onscreen battle would be a travesty.

I could certainly see a situation where a Rex attacks a Trike, the trike is able to hold off the Rex, and the Rex eventually gives up and slinks off to lick its wounds.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
If there were to be a Rex/Trike fight at some point, I really wouldn't want to see either one of them die. The Rex dying is a no go, and the Trike dying in it's first onscreen battle would be a travesty.

I could certainly see a situation where a Rex attacks a Trike, the trike is able to hold off the Rex, and the Rex eventually gives up and slinks off to lick its wounds.
this exactly!

Many fights in the wild don't go down having a clear winner. Lots of times both sides back off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: