Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?

Go down 
+23
SmugTheFab
Hellothasaurus
Levine
Baryonyx111
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Darth Spidey
Viperman
SpinoInWonderland
owenpratt
Tarbtano
TheRexMan22
Troodon_formosus
Aegyptiacus3
JPMalcolmDilo
KingGrimlock
V.a.nublarensis
evolution_rex
Spinosaur4.4
Raptor Blue
Tyrant Lizard
dance2nite
CT-1138
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

Yes, I'm personally glad that the I. rex looks the way it does. The idea of making a fictitious GM hybrid dinosaur as the main theropod threat of the movie was treading thin ice to begin with, and if they had just made it a chimera monster like the dinos of the Chaos Effect toyline, I would not have been able to take it as seriously as I did in the actual film. The creature still needed to be beaten by the true dinosaurs at the end of the day. I like that it kind of looks like something that could have existed in the fossil record (minus the extra abilities) so that it doesn't seeem so unbelievable. I also find it ironic that despite the Masrani Board trying to concoct a fancy new attraction that would draw in crowds ended up looking no more impressive than your average large theropod. In other words, you can't beat Mother Nature.

Even looking at what was hinted in the Rick Jaffa/Amanda Silver script, the I. rex was originally called a 'Malasaurus', it would have been an actual dinosaur from the fossil record (albiet made up for the movies) and would have contained all of the attributes seen in the I. rex; camouflage, thermoregulation, infrared vision, heightened intelligence. In other words, without the added element of the creature containing genes from other creatures, the abilities presented in the Jaffa/Silver would have also strained credulity.

Also for a real life perspective; more people would take issue with the hybrid looking like a silly mish-mash of creatures than looking than another large theropod. And once shown in the trailer, the effect would have been similar to the Terminator: Genysis trailer spoiler regarding John Connor becoming a Terminator - people would have been turned off.

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 am

When it comes to I. rex, I'm in the middle. One the one hand, I'm happy that it looks conventional since in many ways, it makes it more frightening. You wouldn't expect such a conventional looking animal or human to posses such remarkable powers, and that's what makes it so scary. That being said, on the other hand, I do wish that I. rex did have a better and more interesting design. The truth is, the more I look at it, the more that it looks like a Giganotosaurus on steroids. Or at the very least, more colors rather being bone white. Something like the Dino Hybrids toy, but without the horns at the back of its head.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:49 am

Honestly, the more unique the next T. Rex looks from its predecessors, the more time I want it to have in the movie. If we're just gonna get a size, silhouette, and skin pattern that conforms to the male-female thing established in the first two, it'll feel tired and kind of boring.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:02 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Honestly, the more unique the next T. Rex looks from its predecessors, the more time I want it to have in the movie. If we're just gonna get a size, silhouette, and skin pattern that conforms to the male-female thing established in the first two, it'll feel tired and kind of boring.

I don't disagree that we need something slightly different, but I don't want anything too radical. Different new colors that still conforms to identifying males and females and giving the T. rexes lips are what I'd do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:04 pm

There are ways to identify female and male in TLW?

I've watched that film periodically for about 19 years and wasn't aware of that. Maybe I just didn't care enough to try spot differences.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm

You might find these useful!

Based on what we can tell, the males have shorter, stockier skulls than the females, a distinctive throat wattle and more pronounced eyebrows. When seen in daylight, the Buck has a dark green colouration and the Doe has brown scales just like Rexy, also the Buck has a scar on his face that is visible in the film:

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 F97e556a81e7a53386819a351f9540cb

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Tyrannosaurusrex-07

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Mistral wrote:
There are ways to identify female and male in TLW?

I've watched that film periodically for about 19 years and wasn't aware of that. Maybe I just didn't care enough to try spot differences.

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
You might find these useful!

Based on what we can tell, the males have shorter, stockier skulls than the females, a distinctive throat wattle and more pronounced eyebrows. When seen in daylight, the Buck has a dark green colouration and the Doe has brown scales just like Rexy, also the Buck has a scar on his face that is visible in the film:

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 F97e556a81e7a53386819a351f9540cb

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Tyrannosaurusrex-07

Females have least 2 shades of brown and are slightly larger. Full grown males are either green or green/blue with black stripes and a white belly.

Here are the sizes.

Males: 40-41 ft long    
Females: Normally 42 ft long, but Rexy is 44 ft long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks.

So which gender is the JP3 Rex?

And is there a way to determine if it's one of the TLW adults, or offspring(s)?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Mistral wrote:
Thanks.

So which gender is the JP3 Rex?

And is there a way to determine if it's one of the TLW adults, or offspring(s)?

It was an adult T. rex that was 90% grown. I think it was 36-37 ft long. It wasn't one of the members of the T. rex family in TLW, but it's own Rex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:45 pm

And the gender?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Mistral wrote:
And the gender?

Male. You could tell it was just by the colors.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:54 pm

I always found the best way to identify which Rex was which in TLW to listen to the sounds they make. With the lighting the way it is, it's hard to make out the individual colors of the Rexes, but the female was the one that made the classic JP sounds/roars, while the male introduced the new Rex sounds we heard in TLW....I think.

1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Alright cheers all. I'll look into it the next time watch bits of the sequels
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 5:49 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

I don't disagree that we need something slightly different, but I don't want anything too radical. Different new colors that still conforms to identifying males and females and giving the T. rexes lips are what I'd do.

Actually I wouldn't put lips on them. Check out this argument to the contrary: http://palaeozoologist.deviantart.com/journal/Theropod-lips-I-don-t-think-so-288659080

Gorgosaurus, for example, couldn't have had lips due to the sheer length that its upper teeth went down along its lower jaw. Lip flesh would've been pierced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    1 - How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: