Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning   Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 3:05 am

no, not an RPG where we pretend we're back on JPL Wink about ten years ago, i made an RPG on JPL that i brilliantly decided to call the Jurassic Park Legacy RPG Razz simply put, it was a self-insert RPG where participants (were supposed to) play as themselves in re-enacting the events of each film with some deviations from the plot, such as all the missing Nublar species appearing in the first one. i'd been meaning to recreate it for a long time, originally on Rplegacy, then on JPL where it first began, but since the park's closed now, i figure this is the best place to try again

what i figure is that it'll still be a self-insert RPG, but instead of using our usernames we use actual names (either our own or pseudonyms--personally, i plan to use John Bagby from an ancestor of mine rather than my real name, which some of you may have been able to discern from my posts in the facebook groups Wink). diverging from the original version a bit, i want to come up with some slightly different species lists based not only on a combined canon of the films and novels (with some other JP media for good measure) but also derived from how our knowledge of dinosaurs has changed partly because, like in the original game, it'll be set in the contemporary period. namely, should we have feathered dinos with non-pronated hands? (for the eventual JP version, this will also mean that we'll be addressing the recent Spinosaurus discoveries as well). the other big thing is determining exactly what went into making each species in-universe, including some fan theories which i'll go into detail later, assuming anyone's interested in this

a last note on the species list: don't worry too terribly much--the key species will still be there, it's some of the others that'll be changed, for flavor Wink

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning   Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 9:22 pm

so...would anyone be up for this? i think one thing i'd like to determine now, instead, is exactly what species will be on Nublar for the first part of it (based on JP1, to clarify)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning   Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:22 am

I think it's an excellent idea! But I'm no good at planning. Sad

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning   Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:45 am

we'll go one step at a time, then--hopefully others will join in and give their two cents

d'you think there should be fifteen species on Nublar like in the original film, or should it be expanded? twenty species at the least, thirty at most.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning   Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Expanded, defo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning   Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park Legacy RPG -- discussion and planning
Page 1 of 1