Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Where should JW2 take place?

Go down 
+13
Island Queen
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
CT-1138
Spinosaur4.4
dance2nite
Troodon_formosus
Rhedosaurus
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
TheRexMan22
Raptor Blue
JPMalcolmDilo
17 posters

Where Should JW2 take place?
Isla Nublar
Where should JW2 take place? Vote_lcap7%Where should JW2 take place? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Isla Sorna
Where should JW2 take place? Vote_lcap11%Where should JW2 take place? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Mainland
Where should JW2 take place? Vote_lcap79%Where should JW2 take place? Vote_rcap
 79% [ 22 ]
Other
Where should JW2 take place? Vote_lcap3%Where should JW2 take place? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Back

AuthorMessage
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

Where should JW2 take place? Empty
PostSubject: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:23 am

Isla Nublar, Isla Sorna, the mainland, or something different? What do you think? It really depends. Sticking with the islands would be safer, but nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:33 pm

One of the islands. JP needs that sense of isolation.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:54 pm

I am partial to a mainland plot!

Somewhere deep in the isolated jungles, so we still get that sense of closure... also, the environment is very much the same compared to the islands, so it wouldn't be that much of a leap forward.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Mainland, but not big cities. Something like jungles, deserts, little villages, or things like that

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Maybe central mexico? You have Jungles, Deserts, villages...basically everything Owenpratt described.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:52 pm

I still say that it should mostly take place in the jungles of Africa and South America. After all, dinosaurs have been sighted in the rainforests of Africa (Mokele-Mbembe being the most famous of the cryptosaurs) and South America. Even the jungles of Asia/the Asian islands have a few dinosaur sightings. Africa would be the best place since the habitats of the African cryptosaurs are not only still relatively intact but they are also very hard for most humans to have access to.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Mainland, but something a little...different than what some people have suggested. It can still be in a remote jungle, but it's inside a facility built in a remote jungle. Most of the action sequences take place inside claustrophobic spaces. Raptors and rexes are scary in the open when they're coming after you, but imagine being trapped in a building with one. Something's sabotaged, the building goes into lockdown...no way out, you've got to find your own way, and these increasingly-angry carnivores are stuck in there with you and they all want out.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Isolated Mainland area(s).
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Mainland. We should move on from the islands.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Where should JW2 take place? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Mainland. I think Crichton wanted to go there with his books, but could never fit it into the plot. I would love to see where they would go with dinosaurs loose in the jungles of Costa Rica.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Mainland. I think Crichton wanted to go there with his books, but could never fit it into the plot. I would love to see where they would go with dinosaurs loose in the jungles of Costa Rica.

I kind of got that with JP novel he ended it with a mainland hint, and then brushes that aside in two sentences in TLW to kind of close that loop to prevent them from making him write any more sequels.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Mainland. Preferably in the middle of Georgia.

Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 am

Mainland would be cool, but it would be easier to get wrong than right. I like the idea of dinosaurs loose in costa rica
Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:54 am

On the mainland, in a isolated InGen or BioSyn underground facility for animal testing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Raptor Blue wrote:
One of the islands. JP needs that sense of isolation.

I agree, since the more I hear about the mainland plot idea, the more I dislike it, since that's the one thing I didn't like about The Lost World (though it really depends on the storyline, but I'm still not big on the idea). The one thing I love about the islands (more Nublar than Sorna, but that's beside the point) is that it takes a bit of effort to get there, since you can drive anywhere on land, but you can't drive your car into the ocean (well, you can, but it will go straight down). Very Happy

KingGrimlock
Embryo
Embryo
KingGrimlock

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Time to get off the islands. Having the mainland as a new setting could be a new interesting take on the franchise.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:38 am

It should take place on the mainland, more preferably in a rural area to give some sens of isolation while having access to more densely populated areas. Concerning the landscape maybe it's time to have something else than jungles (savannahs, mountains, deserts and agricultural areas will be welcome)
I'm not against JW2 to be set (or partially set) in a large city though, but it need to be a more older city than the modern-looking San Diego (Just imagine a theropod walking in the streets of Rome, Paris or Barcelona, looking at some statues, seeking for a refuge in a cathedral or in the sewers).

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:41 am

I believe it is possible to have that sense of isolation, mystery and atmosphere in a mainland setting. If the production team know what they're doing, we could potentially see the dinosaurs spread into Central America and Mexico, where the jungles could conceal them, and the wide deserts of Mexico would provide some stunning landscapes for herds of dinosaurs to migrate across. Of course if they went to the city, that would be disappointing since the T.rex in San Diego climax was just enough dinosaur-city action for me, as far as this series goes. Also, I'm open to hidden labs and bases, similar to what we saw in TLW and JP3; but the chances of people saying that it would be "too comic booky" are substantial.

For the third film, I would like to see more exotic locales than the Americas, as dinosaurs start appearing in the African Savannah or on the beaches of the Mediterranean. The downside of that is the loss of isolation, but if the endgame is assimilation of dinosaurs into the modern world it might just be what we're in for. Again, execution will be key to the success of either of these scenarios.

Where should JW2 take place? Dinosa12

Last edited by BarrytheOnyx on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Additionally with Mexico you have lots of places that they could realistically hide. Also would be a good place to have them start to emigrate to North America and spread out all over central america from there.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Additionally with Mexico you have lots of places that they could realistically hide. Also would be a good place to have them start to emigrate to North America and spread out all over central america from there.

Wouldn't Mexico be a bit too dangerous for dinosaurs via the drug cartels fighting each other and how so many civilians dying in the process? I'm not against a Central American setting, but Mexico isn't the right place with the government basically non-existent and the cartels essentially being the regional governments by default.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Wouldn't Mexico be a bit too dangerous for dinosaurs via the drug cartels fighting each other and how so many civilians dying in the process? I'm not against a Central American setting, but Mexico isn't the right place with the government basically non-existent and the cartels essentially being the regional governments by default.

Mexico has exactly the lawlessness required for dinosaurs to roam free without the sort of organized government intervention that would happen in America. I can see Raptors and Compys doing very well there, and spreading like a disease through the country.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Mexico has exactly the lawlessness required for dinosaurs to roam free without the sort of organized government intervention that would happen in America. I can see Raptors and Compys doing very well there, and spreading like a disease through the country.

I just think that the cartels would wipe out the raptors with all the firepower they have. After all, not only do they have tons of basic weapons (AK-47 assault rifle, G3 .308 battle rifle) but they also have .50 heavy machine guns, .50 heavy sniper rifles, hand grenades, automatic grenade launchers and rocket launchers, both old (RPG-7 Soviet era rocket launcher) and new ones that can cripple or KO a modern tank.

http://world.time.com/2012/10/25/mexicos-drug-lords-ramp-up-their-arsenals-with-rpgs/

Not only that, but at least one of them are made up of former Mexican special forces which have insane amounts of urban warfare. If civilians are nothing but target practice for cartels, then raptors would only be slightly harder targets.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I just think that the cartels would wipe out the raptors with all the firepower they have. After all, not only do they have tons of basic weapons (AK-47 assault rifle, G3 .308 battle rifle) but they also have .50 heavy machine guns, .50 heavy sniper rifles, hand grenades, automatic grenade launchers and rocket launchers, both old (RPG-7 Soviet era rocket launcher) and new ones that can cripple or KO a modern tank.

http://world.time.com/2012/10/25/mexicos-drug-lords-ramp-up-their-arsenals-with-rpgs/

Not only that, but at least one of them are made up of former Mexican special forces which have insane amounts of urban warfare. If civilians are nothing but target practice for cartels, then raptors would only be slightly harder targets.

I see what your saying about firepower, but Im also talking about sheer numbers. Especially if the raptors breed. There are lots of isolated areas that they could make their nests in. Also the cartels aren't everywhere....yes you can have the most advanced military in the world but if the raptors are breeding in the foothills with multiple nest sites, its going to be difficult to find them all.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 am

Somewhere on the mainland, but still somewhat isolated. Possibly either somewhere in Africa or Central America.

Somewhere that has the traditional jungle environment, but also just starts to touch civilization.

Where should JW2 take place? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where should JW2 take place?   Where should JW2 take place? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where should JW2 take place?
Page 1 of 1