Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?

Go down 
+3
Dead2009
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Empty
PostSubject: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Many movie franchises have done this before and I can't help but wonder if this will happen in the JP franchise. You could argue that the Spinosaurus skeleton was that of the JP3 Spinosaurus, except that the skeleton is smaller and the sail and skull are more accurate so that's probably not him. That said, considering how Sam Neil said that he doesn't want to be a part of JW2/JP5, I can't help but wonder if he cares so little that he would agree to this.

Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Quite a stark possibility I admit.... Sad

Alternatively, having Sam Neill appear only to be killed off at a point in the movie would parallel Harrison Ford's thing about only coming back to play Han Solo just to be killed off in the newest Episode.

I don't see Jeff or Laura going for that kind of exit for their characters, to be basically given the Alien 3 treatment, and to be honest I don't want it to happen to either of them. Would Spielberg even be open to such a suggestion? Either way its something that should be handled carefully. A noble death is much better than just being shoved unceremoniously out of the franchise.

While it's not exactly accurate to classify her as a "person", Rexy is the one other character I could see dying off screen, but only because of old age.

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 2:36 pm

We already had one of the main characters from the first film die off screen, albeit it wasnt at the hands of a dinosaur by the name of John Hammond.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 2:45 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Alternatively, having Sam Neill appear only to be killed off at a point in the movie would parallel Harrison Ford's thing about only coming back to play Han Solo just to be killed off in the newest Episode.

I don't see Jeff or Laura going for that kind of exit for their characters, to be basically given the Alien 3 treatment, and to be honest I don't want it to happen to either of them. Would Spielberg even be open to such a suggestion? Either way its something that should be handled carefully. A noble death is much better than just being shoved unceremoniously out of the franchise.

While it's not exactly accurate to classify her as a "person", Rexy is the one other character I could see dying off screen, but only because of old age.

I don't think they'll kill Rexy off screen unless we see her take down the Spinynator or they confirm that the Spino skeleton in JW was that of Spinynator and Rexy defeated it.

I really don't see Jeff or Laura having their characters get killed off screen either. Not unless something tragic happens like what happened with Sir Attenborough.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I don't think they'll kill Rexy off screen unless we see her take down the Spinynator or they confirm that the Spino skeleton in JW was that of Spinynator and Rexy defeated it.

Pretty sure they hinted at Rexy destroying the skeleton being a form of redemption for what happened in III.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Pretty sure they hinted at Rexy destroying the skeleton being a form of redemption for what happened in III.

They did, but that's not going to please people enough...

Let's end it there and get back this thing back on topic now.
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 am

I would say it is possible for Barry to die in a sequel, but then again people would likely find it very cliche at this point.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Tarbtano wrote:
I would say it is possible for Barry to die in a sequel, but then again people would likely find it very cliche at this point.

He's far too new.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 11:39 am

Man, I would love that. Fire me, but I would love some main character to die, it would be unexpected and show the real world is that, there's no "kid" or "main character that everyone loves" shield.

And I wouldn't mind see Barry get killed, such annoying and useless character IMO.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 1:37 pm

In lieu of the whole main character dying subject, which character death would garner more backlash regardless of whether or not it was handled well in the film: Owen or Claire?

My bet is that if Claire were to die a strong and developed character the cries of "sexism" would be insufferable, while if Owen were to die I think the Chris Pratt fan brigade would never let the filmmakers hear the end of it and would therefore be greater.

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 6:50 pm

I highly doubt any of the main characters past or present will die in the next 2 films, small characters like Wu on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 9:32 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Man, I would love that. Fire me, but I would love some main character to die, it would be unexpected and show the real world is that, there's no "kid" or "main character that everyone loves" shield.

And I wouldn't mind see Barry get killed, such annoying and useless character IMO.

It has to be done properly though. The last time that happened was in JP3, no thanks to Horner, and look at what happened... And as I said, Barry is too new. Besides, BarrytheOnyx had point. If Claire dying would bring up the sexism cries, then what do you think the racism cries would be like? And keep something in mind, these cries would actually have a degree of legitimacy to them considering how horror movies had a tendency in the past to kill off the black person. This stopped in the 90's but even so, few want the baggage.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:11 pm

That would cause a riot in the fandom if anyone from the first movie died in JW2.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 11:00 am

dance2nite wrote:
I highly doubt any of the main characters past or present will die in the next 2 films, small characters like Wu on the other hand...

Yeah, it came on my mind too that they would kill Wu off screen. Well, if they do that, my hype will fall 50% and it'll be pretty lame, to be honest. I wanna see him die on screen, for...reasons.

But Wu IMO never was a small character like they put him to be. He, besides Hammond, is one of the most important characters of the franchise.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 am

What? People like Neill and Goldblum and Dern etc have no say in it, it's not their property and they have no ongoing contracts. Whether or not they "agree" or "disagree" with anything is irrelevant. Also I don't think they particularly care at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?   Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will one of the main people from the first movie be killed off screen if the person agrees to it?
Page 1 of 1