Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World - An alternative Vision

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 3:40 pm

April 2020 update:

The story is finally complete and here's some links for the English version of this fic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World (fanfiction.net version)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LifMS1J7iPakWCPQQVOG7av4hhb3ibq/view?usp=sharing (PDF version, include maps and appendices)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since slightly more than a year, I began to write my own version of Jurassic World.
Compared to the actual film, the story is longer, the tone is darker and more mature (This implies some gore elements, strong language and explicit references), there are new characters and scenes and the bestiary is different (While there are new species, other are replaced and the appearance of some of the animals is more accurate. Also the Indominus has a different design)

I have the overall story in mind but it's only since recently that I began to publish the chapters on fanfiction.net and it will take at least a few months before the story will be completed.
Until now, 5 chapters over 22 are available.
However they are only in French but if you're interested, I can write here a summary in English of each chapter.

Here's the list of the chapters (with an English Translation in bold)

Prologue - La Fin d'un Règne (Prologue - The End of a Reign)
I/ Un Voyage Très Attendu (A Long-expected Journey)
II/ Bienvenue à Jurassic World (Welcome to Jurassic World)
III/ La Huitième Merveille du Monde (The Eighth Wonder of the World)
IV/ Du Pain et des Jeux (Bread and Circuses)
V/ Coucher de Soleil sur Isla Nublar (Sunset O'er Isla Nublar)
VI/ L'Iguanodon Éméché (The Merry Iguanodon)
VII/ La Grande Evasion (The Great Escape)
VIII/ Le Calme avant la tempête (The Deep Breath before the Plunge)
IX/ Un Tsunami de Chair (A Tsunami of Flesh)
X/ Un Festin pour les Urubus (A Feast for Vultures)
XI/ L'Ombre du Passé (The Shadow of the Past)
XII/ Bataille dans les Nuages (Battle in the Clouds)
XIII/ Une Pluie de Becs (A Storm of Beaks)
XIV/ Le Conseil (The Council)
XV/ L'Endroit où se trouvent les Os (The Place where the Bones are)
XVI/ De Charybde en Scylla (Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire)
XVII/ Se Prendre pour Dieu (Playing God)
XVIII/ Le Noël Pourpre (The Red Christmas)
XIX/ Un Choc de Reines (A Clash of Queens)
XX/ Au-delà de l'Océan (Across the Ocean)
XXI/ Envers et Contre Tout (Against all Odds)

If you want, you can guess what happens in each chapter.

You can read the story here :
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12210007/1/Jurassic-World-Une-Vision-Alternative

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about it.

Last edited by The Geeky Zoologist on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Here's a recap of the Prologue :

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoyed it.
What are your thoughts about it ?
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 5:19 pm

I think you're off to a good start. I like how you decided to make Rexy's capture the focus of the first chapter. You obviously put a great deal of thought into this project. Great work!
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Thank you TheRexMan22 for your feedback Smile

Here's the recap of Chapter 2 : A Long-expected Journey

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 10:27 am

Hi folks,

Since I had exams recently, I didn't have much time and energy to continue my fanfic and write recaps for this forum but from now on, I have once again time to do this.
To not let you down, here's some infos :

First of all, here's the list of species appearing in the story :
- Achillobator giganticus
- Apatosaurus louisae
- Avimimus portentosus
- Baryonyx walkeri
- Compsognathus longipes
- Corythosaurus casuarius

- Dimorphodon macronyx (very different from their movie's counterparts though, espacially behaviour wise)
- Dryosaurus altus
- Gallimimus bullatus
- Harpactognathus gentryii
- Indominus rex
- Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum
- Metriacanthosaurus parkeri
- Mosasaurus hoffmanni
- Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis
- Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis
- Parasaurolophus walkeri
- Quetzalcoatlus northropi
- Shantungosaurus giganteus
- Stegosaurus stenops
- Triceratops horridus
- Tyrannosaurus rex

Actually this list is a non-exhaustive one because there will be a few surprises on the way.

Second, here's the character's list (the new characters are in bold) :

Main

- Claire Dearing
- Owen Grady
- Gray Mitchell
- Zach Mitchell
- Victor Hoskins
- Simon Masrani
- Henry Wu
- Lowery Cruthers
- Vivian Krill
- Zara Young
- Miranda Liu, a recruit in the Rangers
- Julio Velasquez, a recruit in the Rangers
- Cpt. Katashi Hamada
- Lt. Gilbert Brunet, a former french soldier who became an instructor in the Rangers and Hamada's second in command.
- Erin Laurence, a helicopter pilot in the Rangers

Secondary

Jurassic World employees
- Barry Gauthier
- Niall Forrester, Ranger.
- Selma Forrester, Ranger.
- Cpt Valeria Escher, head of the J-SEC (Jurassic World Security)
- Lambert Ross, owner of the Merry Iguanodon

InGen's employees
- Alistair Iger, member of the council.
- Susan Lynton, member of the council.
- David Fallberg, member of the council.
- Claudia Grey, member of the council.
- Col. Edward Torres, Hoskins right-hand man and head of the black squadrons (InGen's private army).
- Gregor Sherman, field team leader of the black squadrons.
- Paco Cortès, a Tun-Si and a black squadrons member.
- Damian Custer, black squadrons member.

Others
- Karen Dearing
- Rachel Hill, journalist at the San Diego Herald.
- Hal Osterly
- Jim Drucker
- Erica Brand

And finally, here's a translated extract from Chapter IV : Bread and Circuses :

"It seems that we are finally having results", said the man to Owen with his french accent.
"And yet you know them Barry. They can be just as stubborn as mules"
"I believed to think we didn’t hired the right guys but damn, they are almost eating in your palm", said a booming voice.
They saw a paunchy man in his fifties having short brown hair and sporting a goatee advancing towards them from the opposite end of the walkway.
"We were lucky today Vic. Usually, it does not goes so well", clarified Owen.
Owen and Barry greeted Hoskins and he asked :
"Is this why you send your reports late ?"
"We have been very busy", answered Barry.
"Obviously not so much when you receive your paychecks !" Joked Hoskins.
"We barely see you on the island. What do you want ?" Asked Owen.
"Given the progress that you have made recently, the council and I wish that you make a field test soon."
"What do you mean by that ?"
The three men were talking while contemplating the landscape south-east of their position, where the river entered in the gorges which were the home of the biggest aviary in the park.
"Until now we only used these animals for a recreative purpose. We are sitting on a gold mine and Masrani is just making them fed, housed and cleaned zoo's stars spending their days louging while we could use them in other fields such as medicine and agri-food. The council has already thought about a whole bunch of applications but according to my sources, our competitors as well."
"If they manage to create their own dinosaurs", said Barry.
"It’s not a matter of if but a matter of when. I reminds you that we lost our monopoly on deextinction since that russo-korean consortium managed to clone the wooly mammoth and other species from the Ice Age. My spies told me that a dozen of biotechnology companies are accelerating the timelines to catch up and some of them are waiting for the slightest misstep from our side to steal our secrets. Wu can jealously protect his works but it only needs one simple hacking and we definitely loose our leadership position and this is why we need to go ahead.
When my daughter was a child, I often read her Alice in Wonderland. I particularly remember the passage where the red queen orders Alice to run while the landscape stayed the same. You see where I’m coming ?"
"The Red Queen Hypothesis. One of the core concepts of evolutionary biology", answered Barry.
"Adapt or disappear, so is the imperative that rules every living being on Earth as well as ourselves and our civilisation. With these creatures, Nature is giving us a gift that we must take from both hands to ends the evils that plagues our society such as famine or diseases", said Hoskins.
"I don’t mind the idea of using animals in biomedical research as long as their living conditions are decent, which sadly is not always the case. I don’t see the interest of replacing rabbits, monkeys, dogs and cats by prehistoric animals if the experimental conditions remains as objectional."
"Unlike the animals you quoted, the dinosaurs we created are patented, we own them and as a result, we can do whatever we want with them without anyone having the power to oppose us. Moreover, doing experiments on compys is less shocking for the public opinion than to do this on cats."
"To come back to the Achillobators, don’t tell me that your aim is to turn them into war dogs."
"The war dog term is a bit excessive, I prefer biological drones."
Owen began to walk along the walkway, heading to a stair.
"Do not use that kind of newspeak with me and don’t count on us for this. Barry and I don’t want you and the council to screw the results of nearly than three years of hard work. I refuse to send my animals to their death in Syria or God knows where", said Owen, upset.
"And yet if the security division, my division, is financing this research program, it’s not by goodness and you knew it from the start. If this can reassure you, I’m not talking about deploying them in the middle of a battlefield. We both know that modern weaponry will turn them into KFC in less than ten seconds without taking into account the fact they will panic and became unpredictable. I’m rather thinking to an use in skirmishes or tracking operations in remote areas. In their cells, there is an ancient hunting instinct, an instinct that we could program. Look at them !" Said Hoskins pointing to the raptors.
"Less than ninety millions years ago, Nature created these formidable predators. Fast, powerful, cunning and merciless. They will eat guys from helmet to boots in a blink of an eye."
In the paddock, Charlie was rolling in the chips while Echo was cleaning her feathers and Blue and Delta were lying side by side at the eaves of the undergrowth.
"Deep down, your animals are just giant birds of prey and falconry is a multimillenial tradition. I know that you can do it, you dit it with dolphins and birds of prey in the past. Why not raptors ?"
"Except that it took several generations to tame animals like birds of prey, elephants, horses or dogs and dinosaurs were brought back to life only more than thirty years ago. Furthermore, training raptors is like training birds of prey larger than any big cats and having the intelligence of a great ape. This makes them very dangerous animals to work with", explained Barry.
"Mr. Gauthier, I have ecountered feral raptors and yours are way more docile in comparison."
"Don’t be mistaken, Vic. If you would find yourself alone with them in the jungle, you would withdraw what you have just said, believe me", said Owen.
The three went down the stairs and Owen took the direction of a metal railings built in the walls of the paddock.
"And if you talk about this project to the UN or the NATO, I fear for you that that they are not gonna be thrilled."
"You know, many general staff are interested by zoology works. Between the study of fishes morphology to improve drone’s aerodynamism, african ants venom to create paralysing ammo or communication with great apes through sign language to prepare us to an eventual alien ecounter, the examples are legion and prehistoric life forms makes no exception. We try to reduce the number of casualties and some think that robotics is the future but I wouldn’t be that sure. After all a drone can be hacked by the enemy where a tamed animal will stay loyal to his master", argued Hoskins.
"Except that a drone is not gonna eat you if you forget to feed him. Even if government bodies are interested by a using of dinosaurs in defense, I doubt that Masrani will agree. You are well placed to know that he has a a word to say about all of InGen’s activities and he uses this place to teach people humility", said Owen as he closed the gate, leaving Hoskins outside.
"Humility ? Do you honestly think that the real goal of the eight richest man in the world, a man who owns many residences, a yacht, a helicopter for himself and who is so diversified since he is in telecoms, oil, entertainment and many other fields to the point where he mustn’t know exactly what we owns is to teach us humility ?" Asked Vic while shaking his head.
"He is just doing the same thing that politicians and all of these hollywoodian stars who sponsors humanitarian NGO. It’s just a marketing operation to be well seen by the common folk. People like Simon Masrani can be compared to emperors, offering bread and circuses under the form of fast-foods and entertainment to the people in this new Rome that our modern civilisation as well as this park became. You think you’re isolated on this island lost in the middle of the Pacific with your little shack and your garden but no part of this earth is spared by progress and progress always win lad."
"Maybe progress should lose for once. It will heavily cost us on the long term", said Owen.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:02 pm

As I said in the "How would you have made Jurassic World ?" thread, my version contains a scene where Masrani and Wu debates about the animals accuracy and today, I'm sharing this scene with you. Here it is :

« How the group’s visit went on your side ? », asked Masrani to Wu.
« Very well. » Answered the geneticist. « Although genetic hybridation is a new field, they understood it functioning in the broad strokes. The details could have been difficult to explain but years of doing scientific vulgarisation and teaching at Stanford helped me a lot. And on yours ? »
The two men were walking along a path crossing a palm grove and which bypassed Simon Masrani's manor. The manor, a building with white walls and a roof made of ocher tiles, exhibited colonial architecture with Victorian and Hispanic influences and had the particularity of being built on top of a hill in the very heart of the island.
« There was just a journalist that wanted to take some pictures on the sly but everything went fine even if the construction delays and I.rex behaviour problems worried me in the first place but Claire will resolve these issues and I stay confident. The first reactions from the test showing are very promising and as for the Indominus, I will only describe it with one word : splendid !
I really think that you deserves some congratulations, you outdo yourself in making this creature. »
« Thank you. I’m glad that she pleases you. », thanked Wu.
They reached the garden located behind the mansion and from where they had a view on the fields where several herds of herbivorous dinosaurs were grazing. Some of the animals had stopped at the edge of a waterhole to drink, but from the garden they seemed tiny despite their large size. Beyond the waterhole, the Sun was setting and by doing so, it bathed all Isla Nublar in the dusk’s golden light.
« I had the impression of having a monster from the ancient times in front of me and the sensations I experienced in the Colloseum are beyond any description. It was like watching a horror movie except that the monster is real and is aware of the existence of the audience. I have chills just by rethinking of it. You should have seen Claire’s face, she was petrified. », said Masrani.
« Not surprising from her… », commented Wu with disdain.
« As for the delegation members, they were won over and so we have our sponsor. »
They passed by a swimming pool which had a few deckchairs near its edge and the two climbed a staircase with large stone steps and entered in an open veranda overlooking the pool and where there was a long exotic wooden table. Masrani invited the geneticist to sit on one of the rattan chairs arranged around the table before taking a seat opposite to him. Wu removed his sun glasses from the collar of his T-shirt and put them on the table.
A housemaid emerged from the interior of the manor, carrying a silver tray. She put the tray on the table, revealing to Wu a tea service in porcelain and a plate containing scones, then poured tea in two cups that she served to each of them and Masrani thanked her with a nod.
« I take care of the rest. », he said smiling as he removed the plate of scones from the tray.
« As you wish, sir. » Answered the housemaid respectfully before turning her heels and returning back inside the manor.
Masrani took his cup and carried it to his mouth, blowing on the ambered liquid in order to cool it before swallowing a sip.
« Please, treat yourself ! », he said, pointing at the scones.
Wu took a scone and placed it next to his cup, which he seized before leaning over and smelling its content.
« Jasmine ? I love jasmine tea. »
« Yes. It was elaborated with leaves from seedlings grown on this island. » Told him Masrani.
They remained silent a few seconds before Wu spoke again.
« I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to talk about you about the new versions. »
At the pronounciation of the word version, Masrani frowned and began to stroke his beard.
« You want to replace the animals ? » Asked the billionaire.
« Not all of them, only the first species that we cloned. » Clarified Wu.
« Why, what’s wrong with them ? »
« Nothing, aside from the fact that they don’t look like real prehistoric animals. »
Wu’s answer left Masrani doubtful, he didn’t know the geneticist meaned by that.
« What do you mean ? These animals are the same that you created for the Jurassic Park project and If I recall correctly, Hammond asked you to create him real prehistoric critters and that’s what you gave him. »
« I know but I based myself on what we knew about dinosaurs at this time to make our own. They were consistent with the image we had of them in the end of the eighties and the beginning of the nineties, an image which is not accurate anymore. »
« But the guests love them as they are. »
« I don’t deny it. Let’s take the example of peplums, a kind of movie that I grew up with and that I enjoyed watching, being fascinated by myths at the time. A lot of people like these movies which unfortunately, show to the audiences a fantasy, even incorrect version of the Ancient World and we are doing the same thing here with Prehistory. As we speak, the entire world as seen our animals wether in flesh or through a screen and the majority of the guests really think that they are exactly the same as their fellow creatures from the past despite the explainations given. »
« Remember that the first feathered dinosaurs you created were unconvicing in the eyes of the test audience, the investors and myself. In fact, you preferred yourself to stick to the old versions. »
« But since we were able to put to get almost pure genomes and the clones obtained are way more convicing on an esthetic standpoint. »
« Regardless, I am not against populating this park with new and more scientifically accurate versions but only if they are more attracting for the guests than the previous ones. You know very well that the purpose of this park is to entertain people and that entertainement is the antithesis of reality. »
« Indeed but by relying on this postulate, aren’t we drifting from John’s vision ? In his vision of Jurassic Park, Hammond wanted to combine entertainement and pedagogy. To him, these concepts weren’t necessarily incompatible. If I recall, you adhered to this vision when I met you for the first time twenty years ago. »
« The realities of this world have pushed us to set aside a part of John’s original vision. Since, we had to consider the investor’s demands and the guest’s wishes. By ignoring the two, we wouldn’t have been that far and this place wouldn’t be what it is today. In the file you sent me, you propose to replace the T.rex by a younger individual from a newer version ? »
« Indeed. Rexy turned twenty-seven this year. It’s a venerable age for a tyrannosaur and even if she is still healthy, we need to think about providing her a successor and the most quickly possible if we want it to be an adult when she will pass away. »
« The problem is that I fear backlash from the public. I doubt that they will like to see the T.rex being reduced to somekind of big coloured fluffy bird, very far from the reptilian apex predator image deeply rooted in our collective imagination. A new one will replace her but it’s gonna be an individual belonging to the same version as her. You really seem to want to the animals to be like their kin from the past but who tells you that the modern representations of dinosaurs will not become obsolete in their turn because of new discoveries ? We may come closer to reality but it is just a distant mirage that we will never reach. »
« I’m conscious that we didn’t recreated the past. It is definitely gone and it’s impossible to do so but the best we can do is to try to reconstruct it or at least a certain vision of it, even if our creations aren’t actual prehistoric animals technically speaking since the gaps in their DNA have been filled with the genomes of other species, making them almost entirely new species. » Conceded the geneticist.
« Ah, Henry… All of this doesn’t matter this much and I think you’re underestimating your achievements my dear. Since more than twelve years, millions of people have came from the entire world to admire your creations and to get away in this paradise the time of a few days to forget their bland everyday life and the misfortunes of this world. The dream of John Hammond has been accomplished and he would have been really proud of what we built in his honour. »
« I think so too » Agreed Wu though his voice lacked some conviction.

A big coloured fluffy bird ? So, it is how Masrani envisions a feathered tyrannosaur ? What a cliché vision ! thought Wu.
Obviously the billionaire didn’t want to hear anything about it and was blinded by nostalgia and the fear of innovation. Because of his narrow-mindedness on this matter, Simon didn’t seem to understand that feathers have nothing to do with the fact of being a coloured critter or not. Moreover, a study has shown that the Microraptor, a small species of Dromaeosauridae from the early cretaceous of China, had beared black feathers and one only need to have a look on modern predatory birds to see that most of them are far from being coloured animals. A bird of prey isn’t particulary scary for an adult human because it isn’t a threat but for a vole, it must be a terryfing monster. Masrani was just one of the many people to be reluctant on the idea of feathered dinosaurs and his opinion was even shared by several geneticists of the company, even though laziness was a factor to take into consideration for Wu, because it was easier to fill the gaps of the Paleo DNA, even if it meaned producing a barely resembling clone of the original animal, than to try to obtain a Paleo DNA having a minimum of gaps.
Henry Wu wasn’t fond of resting on its laurels and it was already the case in high school where he breaked his back to obtain the best grades possibles, in the hope to integrate a prestigious University. His hard work was rewarded since he entered at Stanford University where he studied and prepared his doctorate under the leadership of doctor Norman Atherton, an eminent researcher at the department of genetics of Stanford which had given his name to the genetics laboratories of the Discovery Center.
A the time, the whole staff of the laboratory knew that Atherton was working with a man named John Hammond, apparently the CEO of a recently established genetic engineering corporation, but no one knew the true purpose of this collaboration. Atherton’s death in 1984 created a strong feeling of uncertainty among the department and some feared for their career’s future. Two weeks after his funerals, Hammond approached Wu to make him a an offer which was going to change his life forever. The scottish businessman went to the young PhD student, the one that Atherton considered as the best element of Stanford’s genetic department, to propose him to became the lead geneticist of the Jurassic Park project.
Shortly after, Wu left California for a place codenamed « Site B », located on a remote island called Isla Sorna, an island that the costarican government has rented to InGen two years earlier. During the two following years, Wu and his team worked tirelessly with Paleo DNA contained in the stomach of mosquitoes trapped in amber in the aim to clone a dinosaur. They managed to hatch one at the beginning of the year 1986 but the hatchling died a few hours later and the whole team was saddened, especially Hammond who had made the trip from Palo Alto just to witness the first birth of a non-avian dinosaur since the end of the Cretaceous period. Wu expected this because it was the first time they brought an extinct species back to life and until then, the majority of the embryos didn’t even reach the end of their development and after a while, he ceased to count the clones thrown into the incinerator.
A lot of trials were conducted in Site B to « refine » the cloning process and get healthy individuals and the first dinosaur that survived more than six months hatched in December 1986. During the late eighties and the early nineties, Site B was at full capacity and InGen’s geneticists succeed in cloning more than thirty animal species from the Mesozoic era. Shortly before Hurricane Clarissa hit Isla Sorna, there was several hundred dinosaurs, adult and juveniles, living in the Site B’s facilities.
When the construction work at Jurassic Park was sufficiently advanced, Wu was transferred to Isla Nublar where he worked until june 1993 in the Visitor Center’s lab whose purpose would have been to act as a showcase for the tourists but also as an annex for Site B since some dinosaurs hatched directly on Nublar instead of being shipped from Sorna.
The incident at Jurassic Park and the ravages of Hurricane Clarissa on Isla Sorna dragged InGen in a deep financial crisis but where « Spare no expense » was a credo dear to Hammond, it wasn’t the case for Peter Ludlow, his nephew, and InGen’s board of directors. Making the old John a scapegoat for all of the misfortunes of the company, they sought to oust him and as time passed, Hammond gradually lost the control of his own company and the most important decisions were made by Ludlow.
To help Ingen getting out of its crisis, Ludlow ordered the setting up of an expedition which was sent in the ruins of Jurassic Park in november 1994.
Although the official aim was to clean the facilities and retrieve any kind of expensive equipment and more particulary the one from the laboratory, the true purpose of this expedition was to determine the causes of the lysine solution and the dinosaurs « illicit » reproduction and this is why Ludlow put Wu at the healm of this expedition. But the endeavour turned into a disaster and the survivors were forced to leave the island. Following this, the scientist went through a dry period, filled with the frustration of not being able to publish his work concerning the cloning of extinct species since InGen wanted to keep the secret about what Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna contained at all costs.
However luck turned for the better when he presented the Karacosis Wutanensis, or Wu’s flower, during a congress in may 1997. It was the first species of plant entirely made by man from the genome of other organisms and this achievement brought the attention of medias from the all across the globe on Henry Wu and InGen. It helped to reinvigorate Simon Masrani’s interest in his father’s friend company and the young captain of industry he was offered to Peter Ludlow to buy InGen to put a term to its crisis but Hammond’s nephew refused.
Then the San Diego incident happened just more than a week after the congress and InGen’s economic situation worsened.
The secrecy surrounding InGen's actions off the coast of Costa Rica being no longer, Wu was finally allowed to publish his work and soon he became a celebrity and a miracle worker in the eyes of ordinary people. Representatives of genetic engineering companies rivals of InGen began to court him, trying to persuade him to leave a company condemned to bankruptcy, but in the meantime the InGen’s board of directions had reconsidered Masrani's offer.
Masrani met Wu at John Hammond’s funeral and he showed him the will that John had written just before his death in December 1997, in which he charged Simon Masrani to revive the Jurassic Park project. Like many, Henry believed that Hammond had abandoned his dinosaur park dream since the 1993 incident and the fact that he wanted someone else to fulfill his dream when he had fiercely opposed to any form of dinosaur’s exploitation during the rest of his life surprised the geneticist. Even though the circumstances of this meeting and the nature of the offer had a troubling feeling of déjà vu, Wu let himself be charmed by Masrani's dedication and passion for the project and a friendship began to form between the two Men, united by the loss of a common paternal figure.
Henry Wu could have satisfied himself by doing the same thing as before but for him, innovation was much more than a vague objective that it was not necessary to achieve to live well, not for Wu it was a real quest.
He didn’t cared about the money, of being invited by the world’s most prestigious universities or appearing in the cover of Scientific American, he just wanted to push the boundaries of genetics even if it meaned to come dangerously close to the boundaries delineated by ethics.
But since he was a young PhD student working for an old eccentric Scotchman in a laboratory on an island lost in the middle of the ocean, he let his achievements get to his head and as he gained more and more fame until he became one of the most famous scientists on the planet next to Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, Jane Goodall or Neil De GrasseTyson and it was from that moment that he began to feed another kind of ambition.
In a way, Wu considered himself as being the true heir of John Hammond and therefore, he thought that the chair of InGen’s CEO was rightfully his and when Arnold Mountbatten, Jurassic World’s former director of operations, approached the age of retirement, he began to covet his post because it would have served him as a springboard to reach the top of InGen’s hierarchy and given his friendship with Simon Masrani, he was convinced that the task would be quite easy.
But the appointment of a young executive from out of nowhere named Claire Dearing as deputy director put a stop to his ambitions and when he learned that it was Masrani himself that more or less boasted her, he lived at the moment as a treason. He had the impression that Simon had pierced him and therefore preferred to place someone more influential and malleable at the head of Jurassic World than a more experienced employee who had worked all his professional life for InGen and who, above all, would have been less inclined to satisfy the slightest whim of the Indian billionaire. However, Wu knew that a deterioration of relations with Masrani was against his interests and he decided to preserve their friendship, at least in appearance.
« Look at this beautiful sunset and these herds grazing peacefully ! » Gushed Masrani as he looked the landscape. « It reminds me of the holidays I spent in Kenya with my father more than forty years ago. It was during these holidays that we met John. », he said, nostalgically. « At the very beginning of the millenium, no one could have imagined than Isla Nublar would became again a safe place to visit with family. »
At the mention of that time, Henry began to recall some dark memories that he quickly chased from his mind by looking away at the waterhole where the dinosaurs seemed to had a peaceful life.
« Life is good, Henry so just relax and let’s drink to John’s memory, the prosperity of this park and the future success of the Indominus ! »
Thereupon, they toasted and drank the contents of the cups while the jungle began to be lulled by the songs of the sauropods, as melodious and pleasing to the human ear as those of the whales.

Don't hesitate to give me your thoughts and opinions about this.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 7:42 am

Hi,

I recently have finished the second act of the first version of the story and I would like to share with you the story so far (a bit more than 300 pages).

Here's a link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wWvJNFnpnLoG6U_NMBrqIchdRp_qi8DG/view

Even tough it is in French and that the use of an online translator can be sometimes iffy, I still hope you will enjoy it and if you have any question, I will gladly answer to them.

Have a nice reading.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 3:56 am

Here's a map of Isla Nublar (made with Paint) :

Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Carte_Nublar_pour_forums_version_de_mai_2018

Key

Land Occupation :

Dark Blue : Salt Water
Light Blue : Main Watercourses
Dark Green : Forests
Light Green : Grasslands and Shrublands
Dark Grey : Lava Fields
Yellow : Beaches
Brown : Rocky Areas (Mountains and Cliffs)

Infrastructures :

Black Square : Important Hub (contains a Monorail Station)
Black Circle : Monorail Station
Grey Lines : Monorail Track
Orange Lines : Gondola
Black Lines : Preserve Fence

Red Numbers : Restricted Locations

1 : Geothermal Power Plant
2 : Quarantine Paddocks
3 : Achillobator Paddock
4 : Employee Village (to not confuse with the two Employee Districts of Burroughs)
5 : Grey Watch  Barracks
6 : East Docks
7 : Waterfall Helipad

Black Numbers : Tourist Facilities

1 : Terminal d'arrivée des ferrys et Marina
2 : Great Gate and Hammond Plaza
3 : Spur Monorail Station (under the Administration)
4 : Jungle Cruise Docks
5 : River Aviary
6 : Windy Pass Station. Gyro Tower and The Bone Wars Rollercoaster  
7 : Bivouac Station
8 : I.rex Colloseum
9 : Quetzalcoatlus Aviary and Belvedere
10 : Hot Springs Resort

Some locales translated names :

Créneau sur le Lointain : Crenel on the Far
Poing du Géant : Giant's Fist
Colère de la Mère : Mother's Wrath
Etreinte : Embrace
Lac Epouvantable : Dreadful Lake
Larmes : Tears
Montagne Hantée : Haunted Mountain
Monts Brumeux : Misty Monts
Ilots solitaires : Solitary Islets
Haut Marécage : High Marsh
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 1:37 pm

It's amazing how much detail you're putting into this. Wish I could be as passionate about something as this lol

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Greetings everyone,

Even though it isn't exhaustive and still being work in progress, I have the pleasure to reveal a map of the main hub of the park, a city named Burroughs, and its surroundings.
Here it is :

Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Carte_WIP_13_mai

Key

Soil Occupation

Light Green : Meadows, pastures, lawns and gardens with low vegetation.
Green : Densely vegetated green spaces, including dense gardens.
Dark Green : Jungle
Light Turquoise Blue : Shallow artificial water bodies
Turquoise Blue : Freshwater
Indigo-Blue : Salt water
Yellow : Beaches
Brown : Stony (Mountains, cliffs or large rocks)
Purple : Barrier reef
Orange : Roads
Light Grey : Pedestrian lanes

Thick black lines : Fences and walls
Dark Grey lines : Monorail
Lavanda M : Monorail station
Red M : Metro station

Red numbers :

1 : Ferrys Terminal
2 : Great Gate, Hammond Plaza and Lookout Point.
3 : Boardwalk
4 : Richard Owen Avenue
5 : Obelisk Plaza
6 : Discovery Center (contains the OMINIMAX theater in its southeastern wing)
7 : Administration Building (contains also the Panoramic Restaurant)

Orange numbers : Hotels

1 : Waterfalls Hotel
2 : Bungalows on stilts
3 : Lost Valley Palace
4 : The Reef (Underwater)
5 : Grand Nublarian (The Chicxulub Night Club, the Harryhausen Multiplex Cinema and the Casino are located just under this hotel and the gardens along the northwestern facade)

NB : Presence of smaller hotel establishments, inns and apartments for rent on the Boarwalk, Richard Owen Avenue and the two residential districts.

Black numbers :

1 : Bleachers of the Night Show
2 : Tyrannosaur Kingdom
3 : Mosasaur Lagoon
4 : Hell’s Aquarium Lagoon (Inhabitants : Small mosasaurs and sharks)
5 : Western Interior Seaway Lagoon (Main Inhabitants : Elasmosaurs, Archelons, various large fishes)
6 : Mount Thetis (contains the submarines station)
7 : Dolichorhynchops Cove
8 : Oxford Sea Lagoon (Inhabitants : Mainly Ophthalmosaurus and Cryptoclidus)
9 : Additional Jurassic Lagoon (can be divided into several parts)
10 : Triassic Lagoon (Inhabitants : Primitive Ichthyosaurs, Tanystropheus, other marine reptiles from that time period)

Hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 3:24 pm

I managed these last days to wrote a translated version of the prologue (roughly a dozen of pages) and I leave it here, along with the opening scroll.

Enjoy the read !

Opening Scroll

In May 1997, when worldwide medias showed footage of an adult tyrannosaur rampaging through San Diego, humanity realized that dinosaurs walked once again the Earth.
It soon learned that there was an entire ecosystem thriving on an island off the coast of Costa Rica, Isla Sorna, and that this miracle was due to advances in genetics by the InGen corporation, founded by John Hammond.
Despite a speech in which he encouraged to not disturb this lost world, Hammond couldn’t prevent the public opinion from taking an interest at the island while InGen, weakened as ever, was on the verge of bankruptcy.

Faced with the insufficient means provided by the United Nations to monitor the island and fearing for the future of his legacy, Hammond summoned one of his closest friends, the Indian billionaire Simon Masrani. Just before he died, he left him InGen and asked him to find a way to protect the prehistoric fauna of Sorna from outside interferences.

At the dawn of the 21st century, Masrani turned his attention to another Costa Rican island owned by InGen, Isla Nublar.
Abandoned following the escape of Jurassic Park dinosaurs, no one has returned there for years but Masrani had big plans for the island ...

Prologue : The End of a Reign

On that morning of September 2002, the loose soil covered with dead leaves and the trees attacked by climbing plants were bathed in the humidity of the jungle while the canopy rustled with the wind.
Its rings wrapped around a branch of a kapok tree more than fifteen meters above the ground, a boa constrictor was inert. Waiting for the arrival of the sun's rays on its cold body, the reptile was digesting a tree frog, which it had caught during its hunting night.
The boa had not reached its adult size yet : it was only one meter and twenty centimeters long where the largest members of its species could reach more than four meters.
It could have reached that size if Death had not hit it so soon.
The snake felt the claws of a huge bird dug into his flesh and before it had time to retaliate, a powerful beak pierced its skull.

The serpentine body was raised before being laid at the top of the crown of a larger tree that dominated the others by its size.
The animal that killed the boa was a gray-headed bird of prey with a black plumage on its back and white on the underside : A harpy eagle, one of the largest predators of the New World’s rainforests.
Before beginning its meal, the bird of prey looked around it while below, many calls and songs resounded under the shade of the trees.
The day had risen three hours ago and the diurnal animals living in the undergrowth had already started their daily activities, including hunting.
But the harpy was the undisputed master of this jungle’s skies and nothing would have dared to steal its meal without taking the risk of suffering the raptor's fury and become in turn a potential prey.
Carefree, the harpy began to feast on the flesh of the snake but during its meal, the jungle became silent.
A flock of white birds flew away from a nearby tree, screaming, and passed by the one where the bird of prey was perched without paying attention to it while a dull and repeated sound was getting closer.
Alerted, the harpy raised its head and closed its grip around the body of the reptile. It looked in the direction of the noise but saw nothing beyond the mist that was so thick that even the sharp eyes of the raptor could barely distinguish anything beyond a dozen of meters.
The noise was getting closer and louder, almost deafening for the harpy.
Suddenly, a gigantic tapered, khaki creature pierced the mist, flying just a few feet above the canopy, shaking the branches beneath it. Its eyes were huge, the tail was long and the skin had a hard, smooth appearance while the wings were turning so fast that the bird of prey couldn’t see its precise outlines.
Frightened by this unknown monster which had just burst onto its territory, scaring all the animals of the canopy in its wake, the harpy flew with the body of the boa between its claws and fled.

When the khaki AgustaWestland AW101 helicopter emerged from the cloud of mist covering a large part of the jungle, one of the lateral door was slid and a man pulled his head from inside the aircraft.
Wearing fatigues and a headset on his head, he scanned the jungle around while chewing his gum.
When he saw trees moving two hundred meters from their position, he turned to inform the pilot of it :
« There’s movement at eleven o'clock ! »
The pilot answered him with a nod and the helicopter took the direction of the moving trees while the other spoked in his microphone :
« Ground team, I spotted the target. It is at the foot of the foothills and tries to get back the mountain. »
He was speaking of a mountain with a bare top and jagged edges behind him in the east.
« Okay, we're heading to its position. », someone answered in the headset.

On the ground, the low-lying plants on the forest floor were crushed on the passage of a small group of speeding all-terrain vehicles, all khaki-colored and sporting the gray logo of InGen on their doors.
There were several Hummer H1 and Jeep Wrangler as well as a Mercedes-Benz U1300 with a cage in which two men were standing, dressed in fatigues just like all those participating in the operation that was going on.
In addition to a shooter equipped with a Lindstradt rifle, there was also one who led the operation by giving orders through his microphone and making large gestures distinct with his hands.

Victor Hoskins, or Vic as he was nicknamed, was a stout man in his forties and had a military haircut with short brown hair. As his cut and ease of command suggested, Hoskins was a former member of the US Army Special Forces.
By enlisting himself at the age of seventeen, he wanted to follow the example of his G.I. father, killed in an ambush in Vietnam.
Vic had been involved in several conflicts, including the Panama’s invasion in 1989, the Gulf War, and the two United Nations peacekeeping operations in Somalia, lasting from 1992 to 1993. It was in Panama that he met his ex-wife, also part of the army and they had a daughter, born in 1991.
However, he left the army after being badly injured during the Battle of Mogadishu and going from bad to worse, Hoskins went through a period of unemployment in the middle of which he divorced from his wife, one year after Mogadishu.
What was a dark period for him came to an end in early 1995 when he was hired by InGen to fill the position of an executive of the company's security division who died a few months earlier on an expedition that the company had sent on an island one hundred and ninety-three kilometers off the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, Isla Nublar, the same where Hoskins and his men had been busy for more than seven months.
When he was told what InGen had left behind on this island and on Isla Sorna, Hoskins did not believe his ears.
The company he was working for had cloned dinosaurs which escaped during a hurricane and proliferated against all odds, but several years passed before Hoskins would have a prehistoric animal in flesh before his very eyes.
He should have also participated to Operation Harvest on Isla Sorna in May 1997 but a car accident prevented him to do so, which given the grim fate that fell on many of those who went there, saved his life indirectly.
In August 2001, he had been summoned by the Board of Directors which charged him with a delicate mission.
Following an incursion by imprudent tourists on Sorna, pteranodons had been released from their aviary and soldiers on board of the US Navy helicopters sent rescuing  the survivors had seen them fly to new horizons.
No one knew where they were going but they represented a risk if they came to settle near an inhabited area and the pterosaurs had to either be captured or killed if necessary.
Hoskins assembled a small team and together they tracked the pteranodons across the Pacific coast of the North American continent for three months using testimonies collected in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, California, Oregon and the Washington State, up to the Canadian border. The pteranodons were only stopped in November at Horseshoe Bay, a locality north of Vancouver, more than five thousand six hundred kilometers from their birthplace, through the concerted effort of Hoskins team, the Canadian police and a local wildlife control office.
To save a young boy captured by the pteranodons and taken to their nests, Hoskins had no choice but to shoot the animals and he was immediately surprised by the fact that the locals considered him a hero whereas he had only done what the board described as a "cleaning operation".
Like the San Diego incident, the Horseshoe Bay incident hit the headlines, although the damage and casualties, two deaths and three seriously injured, were much smaller and the impact was more political than material or human, questioning the effectiveness of Isla Sorna’s confinement by the United Nations.
Sometime later, Simon Masrani contacted Hoskins to offer him to be the chief of security of the huge project that Masrani Global and its subsidiaries would undertake on Isla Nublar for InGen.
If Hoskins successfully carried out his mission, the Indian would ensure that he would be appointed head of InGen's security division and the ex-serviceman could then enjoy an enviable lifestyle.
Thus, less than a year after the pteranodon attack in Canada, Hoskins was directing a capture operation of the utmost importance.

While watching the jungle in front of him through the bars of the cage, he ordered :
« He's soon on us. Get in formation ! »
The vehicles organized themselves to form an arc with the U1300 in the center and the jeeps and hummers on the wings, then stopped.
A few dozen meters in front of the vehicles, something big was making its way through the jungle, cracking branches under its feet.
« Wait !», Hoskins said.
A tree fell and one began to hear the raspy breath of a large animal.
The men began to get nervous and the shooter in the cage held his rifle firmly against him.
« Don’t forget that the big boss ordered us to capture him alive.», Hoskins reminded him.
The animal they had to capture was coming closer and there was a deathly hush among the men.
« You wait !», Hoskins repeated.
The animal was twenty meters away, then fifteen, then ten, and its pungent smell reached Hoskins' nostrils.
As their target was about to pierce the wall of vegetation separating it from the vehicles, Hoskins bellowed into his microphone :
« Now ! »
On board of one of the vehicles, a gray box-like device was activated, producing a sort of high-pitched whistling.
Those who did not wear earmuffs covered their ears and the massive animal turned around with a short, plaintive roar, bothered by the ultrasound produced.
Its long, scaly, brown tail passed over the cage, raising a swearing from the shooter, and Hoskins, speechless following his brief face to face with the animal, watched it flee.
He gave new orders:
« Enveloping maneuver! Everyone stick close to him ! Repel him out of the jungle ! »
The vehicles started quickly and chased the animal to force it to go in the desired direction, to the west, where the jungle was less dense.
While adrenaline rushed through their bodies, the men in the vehicles couldn’t help but to look at the animal.
Biped, thirteen meters long and five meters high, huge jaws counterbalanced by a thick and rigid tail, clawed three-legged feet ending powerful legs, it was a creature that the average person considered extinct since millions of years a few years earlier.
It was a dinosaur and not just one from any species : A Tyrannosaurus rex, the king of dinosaurs.

The individual that Hoskins and his men were chasing was actually a female although he and his subordinates spoke of her by saying "he".  Others nicknamed her "The Queen in the North" in reference to the fact that the dinosaur roamed mainly in the northern half of the island.
They had learned through the hard way that the tyrannosaur hated intruders and many times the dinosaur had fiercely defended its territory against human incursions and as long as she was free, the construction sites that had started to be undertaken on the margins of its territory were frozen.

Annoyed by the human's harassment, the Tyrannosaurus kept growling ferociously at them and even tried to bite the hood of one of the Jeeps, which was then too close to Hoskins' taste.
« Keep your distance, dammit ! », he muttered into the microphone.
But the dinosaur gave a violent headbutt to the vehicle that swerved, threatening to go straight into a tree.
The Jeep then made a sharp turn to avoid it but rolling on a big root, it turned on its side and stopped.
« Continue the chase, we're almost there !», Hoskins said after looking at the jeep behind him.

The man who spotted the T.rex from inside the helicopter grabbed his airgun and opened a box containing several hypodermic darts.
He took one and loaded the rifle with it before sitting on the edge.
A hundred yards ahead, the jungle gave way to meadows and when he saw a brown shape moving under the trees, the shooter took aim and once it was in his line of sight, he pulled the trigger.
The shooter felt the rifle’s recoil against his shoulder and saw the pink tassel of the dart disappear almost instantly in the middle of the foliage.
He waited a few seconds but the animal showed no sign of slackening.

As they continued the chase, Hoskins saw the tassel stuck into a trunk. He informed the shooter :
« You missed the target. »

The shooter reloaded his rifle and following the dinosaur through the gun sights, saw him exiting the jungle by spreading the palm trees on its path.
Being thus exposed, the tyrannosaur became an easy target and the shooter did not miss it.
The dart went to get stuck itself in the neck of the dinosaur, which roared plaintively in reaction.
Passing above the T.rex standing in the fog, the shooter saw the vehicles bursting out of the jungle and describing large circles around the tyrannosaur while spotlights were pointed on it.

From the safety of the cage, Hoskins saw the animal shake his head and heard him snort. A few minutes later, while he was still surrounded, the tyrannosaur began to stagger and wobble.
Knowing that the tranquilizer was starting to take effect, Hoskins motioned his men to move away.  Split between fear and fascination, they watched the tyrannosaur slowly surrendering to sleep.

When another group of vehicles, including a grey livestock truck, arrived on the scene, the tranquilized animal was already lying on its side and breathing slightly while two armed men watched it closely.
In addition to the truck, there were two hummers, a tipper containing transport equipment, a 712 M Pinzgauer and a white Mercedes Unimog with a red caduceus logo reading "Isla Nublar Veterinary Services".
A veterinarian and her two assistants came out and immediately came examine the tyrannosaur whereas a dozen of men and women in light colored field clothes were getting off the Pinzgauer to unload the material in the tipper.
Having made sure that the Tyrannosaurus was in good health, the vet gestured to the truck to come forward and touched the T.rex’s snout, feeling the rough skin under her plastic glove.

A transport net was passed under the tyrannosaur, which had been pushed so that it layed on its stomach.
The net was hooked to the slings of an hovering flying crane and slowly, the body of the dinosaur rose in the air towards the livestock truck that had been designed to be able to contain and transport an adult Tyrannosaurus.
The removable roof of the truck opened and the flying crane gently placed the tyrannosaur inside the truck where the slings were seized to unhook them from the net.
As the noise of the flying crane moved away, those inside the truck fixed the huge inert body to a platfrom on the bottom with solid straps. When it was done, everyone went out and closed the heavy doors, letting the light of the day reach the Tyrannosaurus only through the thin openings left within the metal walls.

Her film camera in hand, Eduarda Mena was wandering among the vehicles parked in the grass, filming everything that was of interest to her.
Close to Hoskins' age, short curly brown hair, dressed in a white tank top and beige trousers, Mena was the documentalist in charge of filming the operations on Nublar and there was only one thing she couldn’t wait to do : Looking at the footage she had filmed aboard one of hummers during the chase and the capture of the tyrannosaur.
Thinking again about it, she had chills but having been a war reporter, she was used to thrills and had even taken taste of them over time.
When she passed her camera in front of a small group of hunters joking, they looked at her and one of them said :
« Hey guys, say hello to Leni Riefenstahl's camera »
They waved hands at the lens.
« What did I tell you ? Avoid doing this comparison please. », she retorted in a friendly tone.
Mena walked towards the truck.
The closer she came, the more the dinosaur's breathing, like the noise produced by the bellows of a forge, became louder.
She looked inside the container and put the lens of her camera in front of one of the openings.
« I cannot wait to see your footage, Edu. », Hoskins said behind her back. « It must be fantastic. »
« I hope so, Vic. »
She turned to him.
« It's not like I was entitled a second take. », added the documentalist jokingly.
« You think that if you filmed like someone with Parkinson's, I wouldn’t have talked to Masrani about you. »
Hoskins and Mena were longtime friends.
They had met during the Gulf War and kept in touch ever since.
When Hoskins had learned that Masrani was looking for a documentalist to film the progress of his project on Nublar, it was naturally that he told him about Mena.
« Speaking of him, I will have to call and inform him that his star is within our walls. », he said.
Hoskins turned to face all the people scattered around the vehicles:
« Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please ? »
All interrupted their discussions and came closer.
« You did a good job today… at least most of you at least, isn’t it Lambert ? », he said in a teasing tone at the driver of the crashed jeep, a black man of about fifty years, sitting on one of the hoods, looking sore. « But I'm proud of you. Tonight, rounds are on me ! »
The assembly applauded and uttered exclamations of contentment.
« Let’s go !» Hoskins said as a conclusion to his speech.
He made his way to one of the hummers, sat behind the weel and put the key on the ignition while Mena got in the back and the vehicles were prepared for leaving.

When they were all ready, Hoskins Hummer took the lead of the convoy and drove northward first before encountering an old asphalt road, black band partly hidden under the grass, and then turning west, towards a three kilometers deep valley bounded by two mountain arcs forming a cirque around a patchwork of groves and verdurous meadows that stretched under the cloudy sky.
On their left, they quickly encountered the remains of an old three and a half meters high electrical fence  that followed the road and whose wires were rusted and some pylons lying.
As they drove through the valley, Hoskins looked briefly into the central mirror and saw one of his men reading a paperback copy of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers while Mena checked her gear.
At the end of the valley, they turned left and took a tunnel to pass under the southern mountain arc and they came out of it a few moments later before crossing the jungle in a straight line.
However, they had to leave the road a little more than half a kilometer later because a landslide had taken a chunk of the road and the convoy forked right across a small clearing just before the jungle leaved room for hilly meadows.

When they arrived at the top of a ridge, Hoskins saw Mena lower the window to take a picture of the bones of what was once a gigantic animal with a very long neck, long forelimbs and a skull characterized by a bony and tall arch anterior to the eyes.
It was the skeleton of one of the animals that InGen had long considered as brachiosaurs (*).
Hoskins had already seen pictures of live specimens, taken when Site B on Isla Sorna was active and Jurassic Park under construction.
Mena asked her backseat neighbor to open the window and she held out her arm in front of him to take the picture of another brachiosaur’s remains, half-sunken in a waterhole bordered by the jungle in the west down of the ridge.
It was far from being the first time they passed there, but each time, some had a twinge in their hearts, imagining the brachiosaurs in their lifetime, imposing and magnificent.
The convoy continued southward to the edge of a cliff overhanging for a few kilometers a valley at the bottom of which flowed a river with murky waters, clasped on both sides by the jungle : The Cartago.
They returned to the road there and drove along the cliffs for a while before turning south-west, towards the large plateau which occupied an entire part of the south of Isla Nublar.
The convoy soon reached the edge of a gorge at the bottom of which ran another river about twenty meters wide. A sturdy steel bridge, recently restored after being abandoned to the elements for years, spanned the gorge at its narrowest point about forty meters above the river.
At its end on the southern bank, the bridge was barred by a tall portal crowned with barbed wire and flanked by watchtowers connected to each other by a footbridge.
Armed sentries were watching for the arrival of the convoy and when it began to cross the bridge, one of the guards ordered the others to open the gate and it slid to the side.
Even with the windows closed, the passengers heard a low growl, that of cascades upstream, and downstream, while looking east, some saw the blue of the ocean a few miles away.
One by one, the vehicles crossed the bridge and crossed the gate, taking a track leading them south.
They passed between the plateau’s escarpments and a rocky promontory where cranes were busy around the foundations of a building which, once its construction completed, would overhang the surrounding area like a citadel but for the moment the bushy vegetation prevented one to see what the valley to which the convoy was heading looked like.
The convoy descended a gentle slope and once down, entered a village of khaki tents and portacabins lying at the foot of the promontory and the wooded slopes, on the fringes of the gigantic construction site in the valley whose sounds filled the air.
Monumental would have been the first adjective crossing the mind of anyone seeing it for the first time.

A hundred hectares, almost the entire bottom of the valley and some of its slopes, had been largely deforested and cleared.
Machines and men in sheer numbers were busy in what looked like a city under construction on the edge of a huge twenty-five-hectare pit that occupied the heart of the construction site and from which came dump trucks loaded with earth. Between and in spranging up buildings or the excavations, hundreds of workers were working relentlessly, building, cutting, digging, welding, hammering or erecting scaffolding.
In one spot, yard waste but also dilapidated fences, obsolete signs and rusted vehicles, all of them being abandoned elements of Jurassic Park, were piling up. The old was giving way to the new.
At a junction, the convoy divided itself and only the truck carrying the Tyrannosaurus, the veterinary ambulance and the Pinzgauer continued their journey through the construction site while the others went to park at the heart of the camp in front of a set of several portacabins contiguous to each other and surmounted by a sattelite dish. Inside, a satellite phone was given to Hoskins.
The capture of the Tyrannosaurus was just one of the first steps along the path of the Indian tycoon’s audacious undertaking but also one of the most crucial since this particular dinosaur was going to be one of the main attractions of the future tourist complex being built.
While conversing with a cheerful Masrani on the other end of the line, Hoskins walked across the site towards a blockhouse-like structure beside which the containment truck had stopped.
The blockhouse was attached to an area enclosed by high concrete walls, the quarantine paddock where the tyrannosaur would live until the completion of the construction of its main enclosure, located a little further and with which it communicated through a corridor.
As a crane lowered the T.rex’s body behind the concrete walls, Hoskins thought of the other dinosaurs still roaming free and reminded of the pre-1993 incident list of Jurassic Park’s animals.
There were fifteen species on that list and he reviewed it again to determine which fauna’s members could still being an issue for the safety of the construction sites or the camp.

He first re-examined the herbivores case :
Of the five species living in the park at the moment of the incident, brachiosaurs, triceratops and stegosaurs could have been potentially dangerous, but during an expedition in November 1994, mainly skeletons and carcasses were found.
Isolated individuals had been encountered but they were so weak that there was no chance that the species would have survived for long and the scouts sent by Hoskins shortly after their landing in January 2002 reported that these three species of large herbivores had become extinct.
The other two herbivore species, Gallimimus and Parasaurolophus, had relatively thrived because of their greater adaptability and the lack of competition from larger herbivores. It often happened that teams of workers or hunters ecountered them, grazing peacefully in the valleys or the meadows.

Hoskins went on to the carnivores that made up the rest of the park's collection and thought again about their respective cases.
He automatically removed four species: The Tyrannosaurus, which they had just captured; the velociraptors, which name’s mere mention made InGen's employees shudder because of their reputation of fast, fearsome, cruel and terribly intelligent hunters but thankfully, all of them were killed during the incident; the metiacanthosaurs, driven to extinction by the tyrannosaurus, which considered them as undesirable rivals; and the pteranodons which, not having been able to leave their aviary, killed eachother or starved to death.
Among the carnivores, there were two small species : Segisaurus and Compsognathus. Where they were both insectivores and scavengers, the first were no more dangerous to humans than foxes or badgers, but the latter were particularly reckless and sneaky and it was better not to meet a troop while strolling alone in the middle of the jungle. By applying strict precautionary measures, the threat posed by Compys, as they were nicknamed with some affection, should be considerably limited.
There was also an old Baryonyx bigger than the average, twelve meters long instead of the usual nine. The latter haunted a portion of the river near the Pteranodon aviary, but the animal was timid by nature, hunting rather at night and avoiding men even though Hoskins suspected it must be very territorial and thus, refused to send men run up the river without an armed escort and ordered them to bypass his territory by the road. His case would be settled in time, once they will have a temporary pen being ready.
All that remained were the Herrerasaurus, the Proceratosaurus, and the Dilophosaurus. It was those three species which could have troubled Hoskins on that day.
They were at once small and agile enough to easily hide themselves in the jungle or to sow possible pursuers, and big enough to consider a healthy adult man as prey. But in the presence of vehicles and other noisy and odorous machines or too many humans, they were fearful and preferred to stay in the shadows and that was without counting their more nocturnal or crepuscular behaviours, in the opposite of those of men who returned to the safety of their camp at night.
Thus it was rare for Hoskins and his hunters to see them in the daylight, and when they did, there was only one individual or a handful at most and frightened by the sounds of the engine and the loud discussions, they immediately retreated to the woods.
With an adequate number of men, rifles and vehicles, he would be able to organize hunts throughout the jungle and secure their former hunting grounds by doing so.
The task musn’t have to be taken lightly and strategies will have to be established but they were only animals, not guerrillas or some Resistance fighters...
The reconquest of Isla Nublar by InGen was no longer a fantasy, it was a reality and nothing seemed to stand in its way.

As the sun went down, the work stopped and the workers returned to the camp with a nonchalant air while conversing with each other in high and playful spanish voices : They were eager to join the big tent serving as a refectory and an improvised tavern for dinner and tantalizing scent came to them when they arrived nearby.
When the dinner began at around seven, the nocturnal animals concert had already started and the moon had appeared behind the clouds, lighting the building with its pale glow.

At the top of a ridge line in the east, beyond the river, the tapetum lucidum of a pair of eyes glowed in the midst of darkness.
The eyes were looking towards the construction site and more particularly the camp, lit by many floodlights.
The creature they belonged to was a wolf-sized biped dinosaur with a slender physique and arms ending in three clawed fingers.
Its black-spotted body was of a dark brown color while the head and the neck were pinkinsh but the more proeminent feature of this species was the crest topping the snout, different in size and shape by gender and in the individual spying on the territory that humans had taken over, it was only a small tip at the end of the snout : the animal was a female Proceratosaurus, a young adult that haved reached sexual maturity earlier in the year.
She stood there for a few moments, glancing around the building site with a certain apprehension towards the large machines that the men had brought from beyond the ocean aboard the steel leviathan that the cargo ship was in her eyes.
Then she turned away and started scampering north through the jungle, treading on the dead leaves, jumping over branches and running over slowly rotting lying trunks.

Lurking in a thicket, she had watched the men taking away the terrible Tyrannosaurus, ending its absolute reign on the island.
During all these years after the departure of the men, it was it which had starved them and forced to live in the shadows and feed on lizards and small mammals, preventing them from satisfy their hunger. Many times the proceratosaurs had tried to steal pieces of food from the Tyrannosaurus, but at almost every attempt, they left behind one of them, usually those which were too greedy or not quick enough to escape the T.rex’s wrath. They didn’t know, but the men had just put an end to this and had freed the proceratosaurs from the kings of dinosaurs yoke.
Now, they could venture under the sun and hunt all prey they want without fear of becoming the meal of some bigger predator. There were some herrerasaurs and dilophosaurs that also lived in the island, but these potential rivals had their own territories, making inter-species conflicts rare and ephemeral. The former had settled in the desolate lands of the north, at the foot of the volcano, while the latter roamed the swampy plateau of the south and the jungle east of the Cartago river, the very same that the Proceratosaurus was crossing at speed, all senses in alert, her hearing looking out for the slightest suspicious hooting.

Curiosity had led her to discreetly follow the men's convoy up to the bridge she had not dared to cross, and in doing so she had moved far away from her clan's lair, somewhere hidden in the north.
She had rested a few hours in an disused pipe before going hunting to the river mouth, in the middle of the mangroves, searching for frogs or waterfowl, but there, the view of the sinister fin of a bulldog shark sailing between the mangrove trees frightened her and the belly empty, she moved away from water as the sun was setting.
However, during her ascent to the heights, she ran into a freshly landed rat and burst onto him before swallowing it voraciously.

When the proceratosaur heard the disturbing hoots of dilophosaurs north and east, she stopped and tilted her head to one side, listening carefully before heading west, towards the Cartago.
She quickly arrived there and swam across the river, undulating her body and frantically swinging her hind legs to cross the twenty or so meters separating the two banks as swiftly as possible, fearing that the long-snouted monster with the big claws that haunted it would swoop on her if it was nearby.
When she reached the west bank, the proceratosaur straightened quickly and jumped to the thickets where she turned.
Upstream, near the aviary whose arches overhanged the surrounding jungle, she heard the surface of the water boiling and then two bright red dots appeared there before disappearing as suddenly as they appeared and without further delay, the proceratosaur rushed toward the line of cliffs in front of her.
She found an old corniche road and began to follow it, climbing the cliffs in the direction of the aviary.
Reaching the top of the cliffs, the Proceratosaurus turned west and leaved the jungle, sprinting under the stars in the windswept Central Fields.
She passed near the brachiosaurs skeletons and continued west, towards a line of bushy trees and after having traveled a few hundred meters under the trees, she forked to the north.

After spending an hour and a half running through woods and meadows from her viewpoint on the construction site, the proceratosaur reached a dried artificial body of water at the bottom of which trees had grown.
On the other side of it, was the hideout of her clan, located among the ruins of a large concrete building topped with three thatched roofs with the largest being in the center, sheltering a large entrance hall : Jurassic Park’s Visitor Center.
Since its abandonment, nature reclaimed her rights over this place as showed by the climbing plants that had stormed the walls and roof, obstructing the large tinted windows that lined the entrance facade or concealing much of the fake fossils engraved around the door or the relief that adorned the top, representing a Tyrannosaurus skeleton.
The fountains on each side of the staircases leading to the door were buried under a layer of dead leaves, just like the steps themselves, which the proceratosaur climbed in small leaps.
One of the panels of the door being ajar, she slipped into the space between it and the other panel and entered the silent hall.
Due to the fact that most of the windows and openings were obstructed, the rare light provided by the moon or the stars was unable to penetrate the hall and the darkness was such that a human being would have been unable to distinguish anything but a pair of bright eyes in the dark observing him from above, those of a sentry guarding the entrance to the lair and which, in a call, could summon its kin to repel any intruder ... or surround and tear into pieces anything that might look like a prey.
The proceratosaur quietly walked around the skeleton debris and headed for the stairs leading up to the balcony and mezzanine overhanging the hall.
The sentinel, a male with a scarlet head and whose crest stopped just before the eyes, straightened up and watched her climbing up the steps.
When she was upstairs, he greeted her with a small grunt and the female proceeded, passing through the open door of the projection room where, lying on the dusty carpet between rows of torn seats, other Proceratosaurus were sleeping.
She did not pay attention to them and went to an opening at the rear of the room, next to a screen embedded in a wall of artificial rock, and beside which was lying a door leaf.
Leaving the projection room, she faced a broken glass window overhanging the laboratory and its array of abandoned equipment, including a few computers and Mitsubishi Movemaster RV-M2 robotic arms, deployed over several incubators with mold-covered edges and of the eggs they once contained, all that remained was scattered pieces on the floor.
However the laboratory was far from being devoid of life because it was there that the clan had made its nests.
More than twenty pairs of eyes shone in the dark, indicating the presence of a dozen couples, each having built its own nest with ferns or moss harvested outside or stuffing and sheets of paper found in the building.
Passing through the breach, the proceratosaur entered the room and climbed down a metal staircase, heading towards the rear of the room, and those next to whom she passed made somekind of cooing to greet her.
She was walking toward a male waiting alone beside one of the nests, his eyes half-closed. When he saw her coming, he got up and came to sniff the female before rubbing his snout affectionately against hers and she returned the favor.
A creak was heard from the nest and both parents leaned over it.
It was their first brood and there were about twenty eggs in the nest, organized concentrically. The surface of one of the eggs had begun to crack and the being contained inside was struggling to split its shell.
After making a small opening, the newborn proceratosaur took out one of his little clawed hands out of the egg’s inside and used it to remove other pieces of shell. When it managed to clear his head, he began to make a series of chirps to call its parents.
As they watched him open its eyes, they noticed that they were as red as embers and not brown as theirs.
Other crackings informed them that the rest of the brood was about to hatch.

(*) In the mid-2000s, it was discovered that InGen had in fact cloned specimens of Giraffatitan, a closely-related genus living at the same time period but native from Tanzania and not from the American West, unlike Brachiosaurus.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Greetings,

I know it's been a while that I've been here but that doesn't mean I didn't work on my fanfiction, far from it. Before telling you about the amount of progress accomplished since, I must put here the new structure of the story :

PROLOGUE : THE END OF A REIGN
BOOK I : JOHN HAMMOND's LEGACY
Chapter I : A Long Expected Journey
Chapter II : The Eight Wonder of the World
Chapter III : Panem Et Circenses
Chapter IV : Sunset O'er Isla Nublar
Chapter V : The Merry Iguanodon
Chapter VI : A Dragon's awakening
Chapter VII : The Calm before the Storm
Chapter VIII : From bad to worse
Chapter IX : On the tracks
Chapter X : A Feast for Vultures
Chapter XI : The Ride of the Pegasus
Book II : THE FALLEN KINGDOM
Chapter XII : Storm over Burroughs
Chapter XIII : The Board
Chapter XIV : The Haunted Mountain
Chapter XV : Costa Rican Standoff
Chapter XVI : Night and Ashes
Chapter XVII : The Time of Wolves
Chapter XVIII : The Twilight of the Gods
Chapter XIX : A Clash of Queens
Chapter XX : Nothing will be forgotten

EPILOGUE

In red are the chapters yet unwritten and I will be finished with chapter XV by the end of next week. A PDF containing chapters 1 to 15 will be then uploaded.
I must precise that this concern only the french version I must precise since I prefer finish the writing in my native language, rest and wait for reviews by french-speaking readers before starting the translation in english.

However, like I promised before, I began the writing of chapter's summaries in english and today, I'm able to put the ones concerning the chapters of the first Act. The next ones should come later this month or in March.

But before reading the chapters summaries, I think it's better to have a look on this updated OC character list to know who is who because some of them are mentioned there.

InGen
Jurassic World employees
Regina Powers, public relations director.
Jonas, head zookeeper and curator of the large theropods.
Lambert Ross, manager of the Merry Iguanodon.
Neil Harrimann, control room technician.
Ivan Preston, Wu’s most trusted genetician.

InGen Security (the slayers)
Gregor Sherman, leader of the slayers.
Damian Parker, the youngest of the slayers.
Olivia Decker, Sherman's right hand woman.
Paco Cortès, a Tun-Si.
Nolan Olsen
Reynald Faraci
Kevin Leng

Board of directors
Susan Lynton, vice president.
Alistair Iger, public relations director and spokesman of InGen.  
Dominick Silverman, chief financial officer.

Grey Guard
Nublar's garrison
Gilbert Brunet, a french ex-mercenary who became a lieutenant in the Grey Guard.
Nataliya Darbinian, the russian warrant officer of Brunet’s platoon.
Leif Drekanson, a norwegian sergeant in Brunet’s platoon.
Erin Laurence, an australian lieutenant.
Duncan Glenmore, a scottish lieutenant.
Patience Bellamy, an american sergeant in Brunet’s platoon.
Julio Velasquez, a costarican recruit.
Tamara Durant, an american recruit.
Mei Tian, a chinese recruit.
Gareth Turner, an english recruit.
Ben Rahim, an egyptian recruit.
Vincent Chapuy, a french corporal.
Percy Baker, a jamaican corporal.

Five Death's garrisons
Niall Forrester, a canadian private.
Selma Forrester, a canadian private.
Zhuge Yu, a chinese lieutenant.

Others
Cassandra Landis, journalist.

Here's are the chapters summaries. I hope you will enjoy reading them.

ACT I : JOHN HAMMOND'S LEGACY

Chapter I : A Long Expected Journey
Spoiler:

Chapter II : The Eighth Wonder of the World
Spoiler:

Chapter III : Panem et Circenses
Spoiler:

Chapter IV : Sunset O'er Isla Nublar
Spoiler:

Chapter V : The Merry Iguanodon
Spoiler:

Chapter VI : A Dragon's awakening
Spoiler:

Last edited by The Geeky Zoologist on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 3:35 am

Grettings !

Here's a link to the PDF that I mentioned in my previous post, the one that include chapter 1 to 15.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yW09FGuDhhkIxfW_5Lk7qchYsHoxeskM/view

Happy reading !

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

Greetings,

After nearly 4 years of work, I have the pleasure to upload a first complete version (in french) of my Jurassic World rewrite.

https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2019/07/06/jurassic-world---jlaarz---version-10-complete/download/

As for an english version of it, I barely started it but it's something that I might continue later.

Happy reading !
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:24 am

Greetings,

I resume today the chapter's summaries.
He're the one from Chapter 7 : The Calm Before The Storm. Next one will be in two days.
Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about it or ask the questions that you have.

Chapter VII : The Calm Before The Storm

Code 19

Spoiler:

BGCM

Spoiler:

Control

Spoiler:

Safari Village

Spoiler:

Ruins And Desolation

Spoiler:

Forsaken

Spoiler:

The Beginning Of The Safari

Spoiler:

A Captain’s Mistake

Spoiler:

The End of the Trail

Spoiler:

The Western Valley

Spoiler:

Limes

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 3:04 am

Chapter VIII : From Bad to Worse

Metriacanthosaurs

Spoiler:

It is The Jungle

Spoiler:

Panic
Spoiler:

Attack on the Road
Spoiler:

The Stampede
Spoiler:

Evacuation
Spoiler:

Loudwater
Spoiler:

What are your thoughts about it ?
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 am

Here is a second version of the map of Isla Nublar :

Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Carte_10

Here is a translation of the names featuring on the map itself :

Colère de la Mère : Mother’s Wrath (also known as Little Gorgoroth)
Vallée occidentale : Western Valley
Poing du Géant : Giant’s Fist
Créneau sur le Lointain : Crenel on Afar
Bruyante : Loudwater
Vieux Centre des Visiteurs : Old Visitors Centre
Lac Epouvantable : Dreadful Lake
Etreinte : Embrace
Monts Brumeux : Misty Monts
Champs Centraux : Central Fields
Long Lac : Long Lake
Cordillère occidentale : Western Cordillera
Plateau Méridional : Southern Plateau
Haut-Marécage : High Marsh
Ilots Solitaires : Solitary Islets

... and an english version of the key :

A : Administration
C : Grey Guard Barracks
D : East Docks
E : Achillobators paddock (I.B.R.I.S program)
F : Ferry Terminal
G : Geothermal Power Plant
H : Waterfall helipad
Q : Quarantine Paddocks
V : Employee Village

Sector IV
4.1 : Jungle Cruise
4.2 : Safari Village
4.3 : Safari Lodges
4.4 : Expedition : Lost World
4.5 : Giants Grove

Sector V
5.1 : Trading Post
5.2 : Gondola lift
5.3 : Lost Trails
5.4 : Gorges Aviary

Sector VII
7.1 : Hot Springs Resort
7.2 : Quetzalcoatlus Aviary
7.3 : I.rex Coliseum

Additional notes :

Burroughs is the name of the Jurassic World’s main hub, where the lagoon, the largest hotels, the Discovery Centre and the Administration building are located.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 3:44 am

Chapter IX : On The Tracks

Going To the Field

Spoiler:

Owen’s Help
Spoiler:

Safari Village
Spoiler:

The Wreckage
Spoiler:

Spectre
Spoiler:

Control
Spoiler:

The Giant’s Fist
Spoiler:

Across The Valley
Spoiler:

Control
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:52 am

Chapter X : A Feast for Vultures

The Hunt

Spoiler:

The Dreadful Lake

Spoiler:

Ambush

Spoiler:

Wu

Spoiler:

Hamada

Spoiler:

Killings

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 3:23 am

Greetings,

Today, I put here the summary of the eleventh chapter. It is the last I wrote so the others will come later.
Said chapter also marks the end of the first half of the story and I would really like to know what you think of the story so far.

Chapter XI : The Ride of the Pegasus

Barracks

Spoiler:

Anzu

Spoiler:

The Old Visitors Centre

Spoiler:

A Dragon's sleep

Spoiler:

The Ride

Spoiler:

Trapped

Spoiler:

The Moment when the Earth shook

Spoiler:

Confrontation at the Aviary

Spoiler:

Goodbye Blue Sky

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 7:44 am

I recently began to translate this fic in English and as for now the content of chapters 1 to 3 are on fanfiction.net :

I wish you a good read.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 12:10 pm

The scenes of chapters 4 and 5 have been put on fanfiction.net .

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 4:19 pm

The content of chapter 6 along with the Code 19 scene are now on fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 2:34 am

The scenes of chapter 7 along with the first three of chapter 8 are now on fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 10:25 am

All the scenes of chapter 8 are now on fanfiction.net .

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 3:57 am

All the scenes of chapter 9 are now on fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 4:47 am

All the scenes of chapter 10 are now on fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 5:33 am

All scenes of chapter 11 are now on fanfiction.net

I shared a link to the PDF version of the story so far on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/e639re/proud_to_share_the_first_half_of_my_jurassic/

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 am

All scenes of chapter 12 are now on fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 2:50 am

All scenes of chapter 13 are now on fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World - An alternative Vision   Jurassic World - An alternative Vision Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World - An alternative Vision
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next