Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

"Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker Empty
PostSubject: "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker   "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 am

I consider Robert Bakker's book "Raptor Red" to be the best dinosaur-related novel I've ever read. It tells the story of a year in the life of a female Utahraptor.

The story has a rather sad beginning. Raptor Red and her mate are stalking a Sauropod herd. They attack with deadly force, but at the moment of triumph something goes terribly wrong and Raptor Red's mate is killed. Raptor Red strikes out on her own and eventually re-joins one of her sisters, however, at the same time, she must obey nature's command to find a new mate.

If you've never read this book, I suggest you have a look and see if it's available at your local library.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker   "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:11 am

I remember reading this back in 2002 or 2003. It was a great read. I hope my library still has it. If not, I'll get it via Amazon.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker   "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Read this one as a kid. Amazing book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker   "Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Raptor Red" by Robert Bakker
Page 1 of 1