Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General audiences reaction to the sequels

Go down 
+8
Troyal1
BoulderFaceplant
TheRexMan22
Aegyptiacus3
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

General audiences reaction to the sequels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General audiences reaction to the sequels   General audiences reaction to the sequels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 pm

The worst mistake they could make is having him there in the same JP leather jacket and glasses cracking jokes. That would be total ignorance of his role change in TLW as well as JW-level of Trevorrow fanservice where they'd just have him there for "remember this" references. Now, at the same time I don't want solely the TLW-Malcolm as-he-was back, because he's not what I would call particularly interesting or deep character. No, there needs to be a balance between the characterizations of those two films on top of new aspects, in other words combination of three different elements. Plus, he's older and more experienced now, that should come in to play somehow. Make the character work logically with the context of this film.

Anyway I wish mods would perform some spring cleaning here, the Malcolm discussions are all over the place now.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General audiences reaction to the sequels   General audiences reaction to the sequels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:42 pm

TLW - Most seem to dislike it, though there's a vocal minority in the fandom that has turned public opinion in the past couple years to make it into something of a cult classic.

JP/// - some enjoy it as stupid mindless fun and like that Alan Grant is back, but most you won't get an argument from if you tell them is a poorly done movie.

JW - Seems to be a 50/50 split here. Some love it, many like it, and some don't like it at all. It's going to be really dependant on who you ask and in what crowd.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General audiences reaction to the sequels   General audiences reaction to the sequels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:58 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
TLW - Most seem to dislike it, though there's a vocal minority in the fandom that has turned public opinion in the past couple years to make it into something of a cult classic.

JP/// - some enjoy it as stupid mindless fun and like that Alan Grant is back, but most you won't get an argument from if you tell them is a poorly done movie.

JW - Seems to be a 50/50 split here. Some love it, many like it, and some don't like it at all. It's going to be really dependant on who you ask and in what crowd.

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that many people still like it, but not nearly as much as when it came out. I'm one of those people, by the way.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General audiences reaction to the sequels   General audiences reaction to the sequels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 2:14 pm

From what I have seen...

The Lost World was at the very least liked by most audiences from 1997 to around 2005. But from 2006 forward (The YouTube and social media era) the internet (for whatever reason) acts like nobody likes this movie. But when you ask the hardocre fans, most of them still like it. So I would say that nowadays to the general public or casual fans, TLW is considered a dissapointment, but to the hardcore fans it is still held in high regard.

Jurassic Park 3 although it still has a reputation for being the most dissapointing sequel...A few very casual moviegoers seem to kind of like it´s simple fast pace. But among the hardcore fans it is very disliked my most hardcore fans because of the simple plot, how it broke up Alan and Ellie, the Kirbys are very unpopular and of course the idea that the franchise icon stood no chance against this new species.

With Jurassic World, I have seen harsh things said about it by the general public and casual fans who keep pointing out the high heels issue, the too much CGI issue, how the raptor for war does not work, or how the final showdown did not work and all that. Hardcore fans are that into the hybrids plot. So you could say JW is seen as a fun popcorn film by some in the general audience and hardcore fans but many others in both the general audience and hardcore fans do really hate it for many reasons

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General audiences reaction to the sequels   General audiences reaction to the sequels - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General audiences reaction to the sequels
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2