Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How would you have made Jurassic World ?

Go down 
+3
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
The Geeky Zoologist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

How would you have made Jurassic World ? Empty
PostSubject: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 6:01 am

Let's imagine that Universal asked you to write and/or direct JW but that you had to took into consideration the same three elements that constitute the core of the actual movie's plot (Open park, Hybrid or Undiscovered dinosaur species like in Jaffa and Silver's version, Relationship between raptors and humans).

How would you have made it or how would you improve the existing movie ?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:52 am

Here's my improvements.

1. More depth for the characters.

2. More tie-ins with the first 2 movies.

3. Made the Triceratops and Stegosaurus with tails high off the ground.

4. Fire Jack Horner

5. Replace him with Robert Bakker

6. Give the Gallimimus, at least the males, mostly feathered.

7. Put in one semi-fethered male that everybody thought would be incapable of breeding, but somehow regained the ability. Also, make him the boyfriend of one of the raptors and give him a rivalry with Owen. Have him survive the final battle too. Hopefully, this happens in one of the next films.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm

MORE PARK!!!!! Old and new
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

That would have been nice to see. Come to think of it, that gave 2 other good ideas.

8. Indominus attacking the park and scaring the tourists. While not much of the movie was thrown out, it would have been nice to see her do more damage to the actual park.

9. See the final battle from the visitors point of view.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

That would have been nice to see. Come to think of it, that gave 2 other good ideas.

8. Indominus attacking the park and scaring the tourists. While not much of the movie was thrown out, it would have been nice to see her do more damage to the actual park.

9. See the final battle from the visitors point of view.

Yep I remember this one gave who gave JW a super harsh review that I couldn't help but laugh at and somewhat agree with. 

He was like "the director focused on things in the jungle rather than things I actually wanted to see. Like raptors chasing tourists through the hotels, the Indominus attacking the guests etc etc". 

That would be a pretty different film but I partially agree with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 6:52 pm

I thought about it for a while. My main issue with JW in the first place was the new park rehash thing again, but since you still require it per your rules of the thread, in my version I decided to only make it part of the bigger picture. It's still there, but the main focus is moved on, with the general hybrid and raptor points still presented within the new context. So:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The parks (notice plural) are in mainland, in US cities. They are moderately bigger than Ludlow's San Diego park visions and within the realms of possibility for 2015 technology and theme park settings. They are not Disney World amusement parks but more like traditional zoos with modifications. The visitor numbers are steady but not overwhelming.

People are not bored with dinosaurs, the actual reason why the parks around the country have difficulties is because of the huge backlash and public reaction from the people who want the them down. Not only because of the circumstances that happened in San Diego, but others too. Ian Malcolm is major spokesman and public figure in fight against these parks. He's not the main character, but one of the major supporting ones. There is also a Greenpeace -like suborganization that has more radicals ideas in mind when it comes to the closing of the park system. However, as it stands at the first act of the film, the parks are still operating "just fine".

In addition to the parks, the company is also experimenting with dinosaurs. But this is not done in the actual park setting, those parks are merely the funding source and cash cow for the company. Rather this secretive testing is done in closed private facility complex in one of the major cities (like LA or something) hosting the parks, with the aid and supervision of US government. The hybrid experimentation (no I-Rex but experiments on existing dinosaur species) and raptor practices (not taming, but playing around with their intelligence and human relations) are done here. And these practices are not done for the benefit of the park system, but for more sinister motives as the government wants these experiments for their own needs as well as for the benefit of other organizations. Many of these needs actually revolve around the needs of pharmaceutic industry and private companies making money. Good portion of the film focuses here, concentrating in these practices and violations of ethics. Which the dinosaurs may or may not have.

Dr Wu is one of the scientists working at this secret facility, chosen there because of his previous experience in Jurassic Park. As time goes along along he becomes increasingly frustrated at the situation, and finally when some incidents start to happen in the lab and several dinosaurs are put down, Wu contacts Malcolm, intending to bring the experiments to public knowledge. Thus further fueling the pressure to put end to not only the parks, but the secret experiments. However, the Greenpeace-like suborganization I mentioned earlier accidentally ends up hearing about it as well. And they figure that rather than wait around with even more political agendas flying around, they should let the experimented dinosaurs free so that the whole world can see what the hell they've been doing wrong. So before Malcolm and gang actually end up reacting to the news Dr Wu told them, the Greenpeace-like members infiltrate the secret facility complex and sabotage it so that the dinosaurs go roaming free first in the immediate surroundings of the facility, and onward to the city suburbs.

When the dust finally settles and roaming hybrid and other experimental dinosaurs are demolished, not only is the secret facility permanently closed but due to the immense public pressure forces to close down all the actual parks (none of which at any point in the film actually failed, notice this). The company goes bankrupt and the government denies any involvement with it or the test facility.

Some other details:
- TLW and JP3 canon are recognized
- There is a brief dialogue line mirroring the deleted TLW board room scene, indicating that Nublar facilities and dinosaurs have been destroyed long ago
- No stupid kids
- More animatronics, less CGI
- No references and homages every minute
- Different composer

Last edited by Mistral on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Mistral wrote:

- There is a brief dialogue line mirroring the deleted TLW board room scene, indicating that Nublar facilities and dinosaurs have been destroyed long ago
- No stupid kids

I agree with the more animatronics and less CGI. That was Universal's fault for not giving Trevorrow much faith. As for the canon of TLW and JP3. The Ingen 'commando' team is the same branch of that that tried to captured the Sorna dinosaurs. As for JP3, we had the one Spinosaurus skeleton. That being said, I do agree that the movie should have had linked them much better. As for the Nublar dinosaurs being wiped out, the problem is cost. It would have cost far more to clone a new T. rex and Brachiosaurs (if those are still alive). So from a financial standpoint, that would have made little sense. As for the 'no-kids' mindset. Sorry, the kids part represent the irresistible bond that kids have with dinosaurs. You just can't yank that out. Besides, children help make up a huge part of the JP movie audience.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

I agree with the more animatronics and less CGI. That was Universal's fault for not giving Trevorrow much faith. As for the canon of TLW and JP3. The Ingen 'commando' team is the same branch of that that tried to captured the Sorna dinosaurs. As for JP3, we had the one Spinosaurus skeleton. That being said, I do agree that the movie should have had linked them much better. As for the Nublar dinosaurs being wiped out, the problem is cost. It would have cost far more to clone a new T. rex and Brachiosaurs (if those are still alive). So from a financial standpoint, that would have made little sense. As for the 'no-kids' mindset. Sorry, the kids part represent the irresistible bond that kids have with dinosaurs. You just can't yank that out. Besides, children help make up a huge part of the JP movie audience.

You didn't have anything to say about my actual premise, only the details Razz

The Nublar bombing is something I imagine would have been done in the 90's already when the idea of new parks wasn't even considered yet. Otherwise Ludlow could've just gone there instead of Sorna. And why didn't Hammond want to protect that island too, only Sorna?

These new parks (PARKS) of mine are in mainland. Transporting the T-Rex and Brachiosaurus there would've been more difficult than just making new. And in any case, if you have multiple parks you need more than one pair of animals.

And as for kids, I'm sorry to say to you too but that's just your opinion. I love Lex and Tim, they worked perfectly in JP and Crichton's novel and there's no way I would ever remove them, but I didn't necessarily "relate" to them as kid. And even if I had, that's not to say everybody else would have. But the most important thing is that they do not need to be part of every sequel automatically. They served their purpose well in JP, but TLW and JP3 and most especially JW did not require them.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:33 pm

How would I have made Jurassic World?

Probably much worse, considering that I'm not a filmmaker, now would I ever pretend to have a better understanding of filmmaking than Colin Trevorrow.

How would you have made Jurassic World ? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Well the opening post did state you could just act as writer, not director.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Mistral wrote:
Well the opening post did state you could just act as writer, not director.

Ah, well then...

Probably much worse, seeing as I'm not a screenwriter, nor would I ever pretend that I'm capable of writing a better script than Colin Trevorrow or Derek Connolly.

How would you have made Jurassic World ? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

The Nublar bombing is something I imagine would have been done in the 90's already when the idea of new parks wasn't even considered yet. Otherwise Ludlow could've just gone there instead of Sorna. And why didn't Hammond want to protect that island too, only Sorna?

These new parks (PARKS) of mine are in mainland. Transporting the T-Rex and Brachiosaurus there would've been more difficult than just making new. And in any case, if you have multiple parks you need more than one pair of animals.

And as for kids, I'm sorry to say to you too but that's just your opinion. I love Lex and Tim, they worked perfectly in JP and Crichton's novel and there's no way I would ever remove them, but I didn't necessarily "relate" to them as kid. And even if I had, that's not to say everybody else would have. But the most important thing is that they do not need to be part of every sequel automatically. They served their purpose well in JP, but TLW and JP3 and most especially JW did not require them.

But how could Hammond have told the Costa Rican government what happened without spilling the beans? Not only that, but the country doesn't have much of an air force. Most Central American nations are fairly 'localized' conflicts since they are small. If the islands were part of a South America country on the western part-Peru or Chile-then the bombing of the island might have been considered.

As the for the kids. It's not "just my opinion" but it's how it works as a whole, not to mention the majority of the fanbase. I agree that Malcolm's kid was poorly written. But I did like Eric Kirby was portrayed. He had more common sense then most of the humans combined. As for Claire's nephew's they could have been written slightly better but I can't complain too much. After all, they were supposed to show the renegade nature of boys.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

But how could Hammond have told the Costa Rican government what happened without spilling the beans? Not only that, but the country doesn't have much of an air force. Most Central American nations are fairly 'localized' conflicts since they are small. If the islands were part of a South America country on the western part-Peru or Chile-then the bombing of the island might have been considered.

As the for the kids. It's not "just my opinion" but it's how it works as a whole, not to mention the majority of the fanbase. I agree that Malcolm's kid was poorly written. But I did like Eric Kirby was portrayed. He had more common sense then most of the humans combined. As for Claire's nephew's they could have been written slightly better but I can't complain too much. After all, they were supposed to show the renegade nature of boys.

The Costa Rica government likely would have known about the park eventually anyway as there were deaths involved and when the island suddenly became inactive with InGen again. And in any case we don't know how much Costa Rica knew, maybe quite a bit? All we know for sure is that the island was leased, but maybe they too had NDAs?

The actual bombardment might have been aided by external party, rather than just Costa Rica forces. The biggest issue would have been money. As the deleted TLW board room scene indicated, the destruction of Nublar organic and inorganic materials cost "126 million dollars", so quite a bit for InGen. But it is likely what realistically would have happened, whether or not there were future plans.

I really wish Spielberg would've gone ahead and kept that scene in TLW (albeit with less boring camera angles and pacing).

I have never, ever seen praise or pleads for the kids to be present in sequels. And while no direct hatred either (other than the obvious gymnastics scene etc), what it indicates to me is that they are not required part of JP sequel by the masses.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:54 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

The Costa Rica government likely would have known about the park eventually anyway as there were deaths involved and when the island suddenly became inactive with InGen again. And in any case we don't know how much Costa Rica knew, maybe quite a bit? All we know for sure is that the island was leased, but maybe they too had NDAs?

The actual bombardment might have been aided by external party, rather than just Costa Rica forces. The biggest issue would have been money. As the deleted TLW board room scene indicated, the destruction of Nublar organic and inorganic materials cost "126 million dollars", so quite a bit for InGen. But it is likely what realistically would have happened, whether or not there were future plans.

But Ingen was too busy bribing off surviviors and the families of the those who were dead. Besides, given the unstable nature of most Central American/South American governments it would have been easy to bribe off that of Costa Rica. To be fair, Costa Rica has been far, far, far more stable then all of the others, but even so I find it hard to think that it would have been hard to bribe off the government. That and Ingen didn't kill off all the dinosaurs which cost a fortune. Ludlow's plan of Jurassic Park 2.0 would have worked, but only if he made it an all-herbivore park, only without thr Triceratops.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

But Ingen was too busy bribing off surviviors and the families of the those who were dead. Besides, given the unstable nature of most Central American/South American governments it would have been easy to bribe off that of Costa Rica. To be fair, Costa Rica has been far, far, far more stable then all of the others, but even so I find it hard to think that it would have been hard to bribe off the government. That and Ingen didn't kill off all the dinosaurs which cost a fortune. Ludlow's plan of Jurassic Park 2.0 would have worked, but only if he made it an all-herbivore park, only without thr Triceratops.

Well you say it yourself, if they can bribe and settle in court dozens of people, then they can probably do same with local authorities on site particularly if there's tendency for corruption anyway tongue

We don't know when the hurricane hit Sorna, it might've been after Nublar was already (in this context) bombed, and they didn't want to spend more money on destroying something almost zero outsider knew existed anyway.

When Malcolm comes to visit Hammond, he clearly has expected the dinosaurs to be gone and done at this point, because he is surprised at hearing they are still around and beat lysine dependency. And why doesn't Hammond send Malcolm's gang to Nublar instead, if it's supposedly still untouched? Then they wouldn't have to meddle with the InGen retrieval squads and could just stroll around free. Why is Hammond protecting only one island, but not two?

Even furthermore, in JP3 it's indicated that Sorna is the only dinosaur island left, because the students in the auditorium ask Grant why doesn't he go to Isla Sorna - island he's never visited - to study them. They must know Nublar exists since Grant at that point has shared his story, written a book and is kind of celebrity for it. Even Billy knows about Nublar.

As for Ludlow's park, it might have worked with carnivores if he didn't try to transport full on adults via ship, but with more long term plan like with the juvenile T-Rex.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

Well you say it yourself, if they can bribe and settle in court dozens of people, then they can probably do same with local authorities on site particularly if there's tendency for corruption anyway tongue

We don't know when the hurricane hit Sorna, it might've been after Nublar was already (in this context) bombed, and they didn't want to spend more money on destroying something almost zero outsider knew existed anyway.

When Malcolm comes to visit Hammond, he clearly has expected the dinosaurs to be gone and done at this point, because he is surprised at hearing they are still around and beat lysine dependency. And why doesn't Hammond send Malcolm's gang to Nublar instead, if it's supposedly still untouched? Then they wouldn't have to meddle with the InGen retrieval squads and could just stroll around free.

Even furthermore, in JP3 it's indicated that Sorna is the only dinosaur island left, because the students in the auditorium ask Grant why doesn't he go to Isla Sorna - island he's never visited - to study them. They must know Nublar exists since Grant at that point has shared his story, written a book and is kind of celebrity for it. Even Billy knows about Nublar.

As for Ludlow's park, it might have worked with carnivores if he didn't try to transport full on adults via ship, but with more long term plan like with the juvenile T-Rex.

Except that Costa Rica doesn't have much of a military. What little planes they have don't have enough range to bomb an island. And even then, I did mention that Costa Rica has historically had a far more stable government so bribery might not have worked. Hammond most likely wanted the park to be another natural preserve like he did with Sorna. Not only that, but it wasn't until that girl got attacked did he show concern for Sorna. The reason Grant didn't go to Sorna was because in that dream scene, it was implied that he still had PTSD.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

- No stupid kids

When Malcolm comes to visit Hammond, he clearly has expected the dinosaurs to be gone and done at this point, because he is surprised at hearing they are still around and beat lysine dependency. And why doesn't Hammond send Malcolm's gang to Nublar instead, if it's supposedly still untouched? Then they wouldn't have to meddle with the InGen retrieval squads and could just stroll around free.

Except that Costa Rica doesn't have much of a military. What little planes they have don't have enough range to bomb an island. And even then, I did mention that Costa Rica has historically had a far more stable government so bribery might not have worked.  Hammond most likely wanted the park to be another natural preserve like he did with Sorna. Not only that, but it wasn't until that girl got attacked did he show concern for Sorna. The reason Grant didn't go to Sorna was because in that dream scene, it was implied that he still had PTSD.

Costa Rica doesn't have much of a military today, but they did all the way up to 1996 with Civil Guard. That would have made bombardment at least somewhat feasible, especially if aided by outside sources.

At the time of the first film, the president of the country was Rafael Ángel Calderón Fournier, who in his later years was sentenced for corruption. So his government would've likely been easy target for it.

The reason Hammond had to act after the girl attack was that the InGen board had taken power out of him, so it was now or never. But still, Malcolm doesn't even once mention Nublar in the scene with Hammond. Only that Sorna needs to be quaranteed. If the other island is still around, you know the one that actually could be checked upon if someone broke his NDA (you know, like Ian himself), why doesn't that need to be quaranteed? In Crichton's TLW they at least state that Baselton visited the island and said there was nothing resembling the animals, to ease off rumors. Something like that might've been in danger of happening in movie universe too.

The supposed Grant PTSD thing has nothing to do with what I was arguing for JP3.
Back to top Go down
conchoraptor
Embryo
Embryo
conchoraptor

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:45 pm

As Tyrant Lizard said, as a non-professional I definitely couldn't have made a better film or written a better script. I really enjoyed Jurassic World. However there are a few things I would amend:

-Have the first pan over the lagoon feature prehistoric attractions in some way, or perhaps Zach and Grey see a bunch of attractions from the monorail before culminating in the lagoon scene, somewhat akin to the early story boards but stripped down majorly and from their POV only. I.e. seeing the herd of hadrosaurs beneath the cable car, the cretaceous cruise etc. Think it would really strengthen the feeling of an operating park and the JP vibe, even though I thought that was achieved well enough in the movie.

-Give Owen a bit more of a animal behaviourist background. He can still be from the Navy, but that was his career before becoming a big cat expert or something. This would be a good opportunity to flesh out his character - he prefers animals over people, and that's why he has a hard time with Claire and connecting on their date. They'd be two sides of the same coin - one an animal person, one a numbers person, - they're both outsiders, and have that the main source of their clash and eventual relationship. It would make their characters much richer and less "Romancing the stone". I'd also have their kiss on main street interrupted just as it's about to happen by Zach and Grey as it's pretty lame and that would still achieve the same ends. Have Claire put on some boots before the switch to the third act, and have her punch Hoskins instead of Owen.

-Inclusion of some of the deleted jungle treck scenes featuring Zack and Grey, perhaps showing the necks of brachiosaurs over the restricted area. This could have been planned, as there is a shot overlooking this area, but was left on the cutting room floor before they inserted the VFX. Would also help explain how we heard them by Owen's cabin, and it would be make sense for them to be kept alive if the Rex was. Never was on board with the wild raptors/dilophosaurus idea, too much of a safety hazard to build a park with those out there, they definitely would have been exterminated by InGen if any even survived that long- but Brachiosaurs make sense.

-Have Microceratus scampering about in the background of some jungle-based scenes. It was a shame they didn't make it into the movie itself, even as a cameo as in the first novel.

-Intercom dialogue in the t. rex kingdom scene explaining that she is the original animal from JP.

-Dialogue justifying the use of the raptors to hunt the Indominus relating to her heat masking and camouflaging abilities, felt these were shown once and then forgotten about. It would also be cool if when they found her she was camouflaged rather than just emerging from the forest.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

- More screentime and development for Dr. Wu.
- More inteligent dialogues and not just random moralist rants by Owen.
- Raptors aren't friendly to humans and turn wild against Owen.
- Show Dilophosaurus in the old park.
- More of the old park.
- Show more atractions of JW, with new dinosaurs such as Baryonyx.
- Make Hoskins less cartoonistic and better writen.
- Give more deph to characters like Owen.
- Cut Zach from the movie.
- Cut annoying and useless divorce/family problems.
- Develop I.rex less of a monster and more of a tragedy.
- Biosyn instead of InGen. Introducing Biosyn in JW would make things better IMO.

And the last, but not less important:
- I.rex kills Rexy, Blue and makes an apocalipse on Nublar.  Cool ( Just kidding guys) 

I think, that's it.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

How would you have made Jurassic World ? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:53 am

I'm actually writing my own version as I told you in an earlier topic in the Fanfiction section and therefore some chapters are ready (only in french however).

Here's my main changes :

- Longer Story (there would have been nearly three hours of runtime)

- A darker and more mature tone. (implies quite a lot of strong language, explicit references and gore).

- Given the two previous points, my version is more like an epic drama than a fun action movie like the actual JW.

- The story is set over the course of four days : The boys land in Costa Rica the first day, they arrives at JW the following morning and visit the park for the rest of the day, the Indominus escapes in the morning of the third day and is only defeated and the dawn of the fourth day.

- The species introduced in this movie are scientifically accurate and Owen's raptors are feathered.

- The Indominus has a different design.

and some details :

- The prologue is focused in the capture of rexy and the construction of Jurassic World.

- The scene at Mitchell's house in Wisconsin is deleted and we see Zach and Gray for the first time as they land in Costa Rica. Their family background is modified and adressed through dialogue (their parents are divorced since two years and while Zach went to live with his father, Gray stayed with his mother) and therefore the monorail scene where Gray cries about his parents divorcing has no reason to exist.

- Claire reveals the Indominus existence during a press conference where she also show how InGen's animals have been banalized.

- We get to see more of the park's attraction as Masrani's helicopter is flying over the island.

- Hoskins is less cliché and despite being an antagonist, he has a point several times over the course of the story.

- Masrani invites Wu at his residence for Tea time and Wu take this occasion to tell Masrani of his wish of replacing the older versions of animals by more accurate ones. Masrani is not thrilled as he only allows accurate animals in his park if he feels that the visitors are gonna like them and due to the fact that he thinks that the old versions shown in the park have grown in the visitor's hearts, he fears backlash if they are removed.

I will reveal more details later.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 7:08 am

Absolutely loved your suggestion about version 4.4 chapter being in the movie. Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

How would you have made Jurassic World ? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 am

With the exception of some of the most grandest general concepts like animals on mainland and human-influenced extinction of the dinosaurs, I personally don't think they should use Crichton's direct source material ever again. I love the books, but they should be left alone at this point almost 25 years later and start coming up with original ideas. The little bits that were recycled for TLW/JP3/JW mostly felt out of place anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 2:09 pm

The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
- The species introduced in this movie are scientifically accurate and Owen's raptors are feathered.

I'm not against feathered dinosaurs per se, but having feathered raptors in JW, which was the first JP movie in a long time would have been too much of a shock to the GA. You could get away with that by making the Gallimimus all feathered, but that's only because they're not as iconic. I'm not saying that feathered raptors couldn't work, but chances are that you'd have to make the males semi-feathered and the females all scaled. Kind of like how in JP3 that the other raptor species how the males had the quills on the back of their heads that looked like a spiked mohawk while the females didn't have any. That and the different color schemes as well.

Personally, if it were me, I'd introduce Blue's semi-feathered (golden eagle or harpy eagle DNA) brother who was exiled to Sorna because Owen couldn't control him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 pm

"John Hammond didn't want reality, not after he first saw his creations in InGen cloning test phases. No, he wanted what people expected them to see. And that was, featherless dinosaurs, as well as certain genetic modifications to numerous species to further meet those expectations. But here in Jurassic World, we have, at least for the most part, removed those artificial barriers and made the park as authentic as possible."

That's all you really would have needed for explanation, although obviously deeper dialogue would've strengthened the illusion for feathers now
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:48 pm

First of all, I'd want all the dinosaurs to be life-size. Yes, that means the raptors would be small and feathered (Rhedosaurus, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed the male raptors in JP3 had feathers). Also, no hybrids! I want see dinosaurs that actually existed! If they wanted some new never-seen-before dinosaurs in this movie, they had thousands to choose from (eg: Baryonyx, Pachyrhinosaurus, Allosaurus, Deinocheirus, etc.). They didn't have to go and create something that never really existed.

As for the human characters, especially those working at the Park, I'd be wanting to see that, when it comes to dinosaurs, these people know what they're talking about. Imagine if visitors to the Park asked the staff questions about the dinosaurs. They'd expect that the people they're talking to would at least have a basic understanding of the Park's inhabitants.

PostSubject: Re: How would you have made Jurassic World ?   How would you have made Jurassic World ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you have made Jurassic World ?
Page 1 of 1