Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.

Go down 
+2
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
6 posters

Pick which movie company you want to get the JP rights after JP6/JW3.
Disney
Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Vote_lcap43%Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Warner Bros.
Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Vote_lcap29%Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
20th Century Fox
Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Vote_lcap28%Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Vote_rcap
 28% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Back

AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Empty
PostSubject: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm

After the 6th movie is made, the rights to Jurassic Park go back to the Crichton estate. From there, the rights are up for grabs. I didn't add Universal simply because I don't see them getting another shot at it, nor do I see them having enough money. You know the deal. The name says it all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:40 pm

I want the 6th one to be the final film, never to be rebooted again. Who do I vote for that?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 pm

I would prefer the 6th one be the last one. However, playing by the rules of this poll, I would actually cast my vote towards Warner Bros on the stipulation that the rights get transferred to HBO and adapted in a fashion that's closer to the book, taking cues from Westworld. But I would also add that I would be more comfortable with the Universal JP franchise being allowed to lay fallow after the 6th film, and that studios don't try to reboot it sooner than 6 years after the final film.

Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 pm

None of the above, all of them I have trepidations about for different reasons. Fox, I have the least hang ups about, though, as many of their films give me the impression they'd understand the basic principles of what this franchise is about. The new Planet of the Apes movies, for example, are essentially what the JP movies would be had they been PotA movies. But, their timeline nightmare regarding the X-Men movies do give me some trepidations. However, that seems to be a Singer problem, rather than a producer problem. If the JP movies HAD to go to someone other than Universal, I'd pick Fox.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 11:22 am

CT-1138 wrote:
None of the above, all of them I have trepidations about for different reasons. Fox, I have the least hang ups about, though, as many of their films give me the impression they'd understand the basic principles of what this franchise is about. The new Planet of the Apes movies, for example, are essentially what the JP movies would be had they been PotA movies. But, their timeline nightmare regarding the X-Men movies do give me some trepidations. However, that seems to be a Singer problem, rather than a producer problem. If the JP movies HAD to go to someone other than Universal, I'd pick Fox.

To be fair, it's mostly Tom Rothman's fault for the timelines. Rothman basically chased out Singer after X-Men 2. After he chased out Singer, X3 and Wolverine: Origins were made and were utterly hated by the fanbase. One of the main reasons why Singer did all that was to undo the damage done by Rothman and the fans LOVED it. Even the recent Deadpool movie was made to ret-con the Deadpool from Origins out of existance.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Mistral wrote:
I want the 6th one to be the final film, never to be rebooted again. Who do I vote for that?
I can agree

But if I had to choose another film studio to get the rights that would not be Disney in any way. Mad

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want the 6th to be the final film. 

But really not Disney. I don't want one every year.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I don't want the 6th film to be the final movie either. If anything else, I want to see movie that come in between JP3 and JW in order to link the two trilogies together. Right now, they're semi-connected at best. Having another movie studio make those kinds of movies would do wonders. After all, your have plenty of time space to do so.

This is why I want Disney to get the rights. They would do something like that while I truly believe that Universal just doesn't really care about the canon anymore and would just reboot the thing while leaving the old one hanging in limbo forever.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm

I don't get why "in between movies" have to exist. And Disney is the last party I want to have rights to anything.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Like many I'd rather see the 6th movie be the last JP movie for a long time. It's better to go out on a high-note than a low one, and some many franchises seemingly have gone out on low ones (Terminator, Aliens, Jaws, and the original PotA are examples.) But since Hollywood is obsessed with remakes and sequels it's only a matter of time before someone scoops it up. Warner Bros. wouldn't be too bad but I'm hesitant to give them the nod because of the mishaps and wrong turns their DC Universe is taking. For me, Disney is out of the question; they milk franchises dry (by the time the final installment of the new Star Wars trilogy comes out people will be sick of Star Wars.) Disney is essentially the Genghis Khan of movie companies, they'll take you over but let you do your own thing as long as you pay tribute to them with sequels.

So that leaves Fox; they have impressed me with how they are handling the PotA reboot and if the new Alien movie is good then it would give me confidence that they can handle JP.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Mistral wrote:
I don't get why "in between movies" have to exist.

As I said, they would connect the two trilogies together while ensuring the first 2 sequels are still canon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Less is more.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Mistral wrote:
Less is more.

I don't totally disagree, but if the rest of the JW movies are going to ignore Sorna, then having some in between movies are the only way how to establish/make sure the first 2 sequels are canon.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I don't want the 6th film to be the final movie either. If anything else, I want to see movie that come in between JP3 and JW in order to link the two trilogies together. Right now, they're semi-connected at best. Having another movie studio make those kinds of movies would do wonders. After all, your have plenty of time space to do so.

This is why I want Disney to get the rights. They would do something like that while I truly believe that Universal just doesn't really care about the canon anymore and would just reboot the thing while leaving the old one hanging in limbo forever.

I don't agree with the Disney part but I absolutely agree that there is so much more universe that could be explored in side films. Even a TV show. 

I think I will reserve my judgment for the canon until after I see this next film. If they don't mention Sorna or other things I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Also Mistral other side films could give those old characters a good reason to appear, which I know is something you are desiring. 

I just think JP has a rich enough universe that is being wasted. 

Disclaimer: I don't want bad JP films for the sake of more. I just feel like in the right hands JP could be a gold mine for expanded ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm

There is relevant information, and irrelevant information. I agree that things like Sorna canon + San Diego incident etc actually are relevant information, for which I've argued for many times here. They are not totally irrelevant trivia like "how were the Death Star plans stolen" or "from where did Han Solo acquire those boots" or "how does the Boba Fett jett pack actually work". Those are just cheap fan service ploys to make more conveyor belt products for constant cash revenue flow.

HOWEVER, the failure of providing basic exposition and other things is the fault of the films then. Just because they messed it up shouldn't mean it'd have to be fixed/expanded/whatever later on with convoluted means. There should be some responsibility taken for mistakes, instead of endless loop of trying to tie loose ends. I'm sure the fans of Lost can agree...

The other cheap route to take is of course to ignore everything and take the planned Terminator 6 + Alien 5 approach, where everything that failed or is seemed unpopular with audiences is retconned and rebooted... and that is equally as lame. Learn to live with your mistakes.

Make JP5 and JP6 the best possible products, that can actually still be celebrated in 20 years time. That's all I ask. I'm sure many SW fans would trade all the upcoming 167 mediocre sequel-prequel-remake-reboot-standalone films for just single film that was as good as Empire.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Mistral wrote:
HOWEVER, the failure of providing basic exposition and other things is the fault of the films then. Just because they messed it up shouldn't mean it'd have to be fixed/expanded/whatever later on with convoluted means. There should be some responsibility taken for mistakes, instead of endless loop of trying to tie loose ends. I'm sure the fans of Lost can agree...

The other cheap route to take is of course to ignore everything and take the planned Terminator 6 + Alien 5 approach, where everything that failed or is seemed unpopular with audiences is retconned and rebooted... and that is equally as lame. Learn to live with your mistakes.

That's not how relationships with fanbases, movie franchises, and movie studios work. Just look at how Fox let Singer ret-conned X3 and most of Wolverine: Origins out of existence after Tom Rothman the head of Fox movie studios at that time, almost destroyed it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

That's not how relationships with fanbases, movie franchises, and movie studios work. Just look at how Fox let Singer ret-conned X3 and most of Wolverine: Origins out of existence after Tom Rothman the head of Fox movie studios at that time, almost destroyed it.

I don't know what X3 is and I don't care of comic book films, but

A) Just bringing out few examples doesn't prove necessarily prove a point
B) Even if it does, just because that's the way things generally work, shouldn't mean it's the right way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.   Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of the following movie compaines, pick which one that you want the JP rights the most.
Page 1 of 1