Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/398763-jurassic-world-2-colin-trevorrow#/slide/1

Colin talks a bit here about his work for JW2

I can't help but wonder how much of his more involvement was due to Bayona holding his ground against Universal and how it somehow gave Trevorrow more room then he did in JW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Sounds exciting
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
I don't get something. If Masrani owns Ingen and thus the islands. How does Lockwood fit in to all of this? Does he become the new head of Masrani?

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but couldn't/wouldn't Masrani/Ingen just be leasing the islands from Costa Rica?

I could see them buying the islands. I mean, I don't see what the Costa Rican government would want with them. And given how they barely have a military, it wouldn't be enough to protect the other islands, which IIRC, are being protected by the U.S. Military.

Come to think of it, Hammond did say he "owned" Nublar in JP...

Not sure where Sorna stands though. I got the impression from JP3 that Sorna was being protected by the Costa Rican government.

Is it possible that Hammond bought Nublar, but was just leasing Sorna because he planned to eventually transfer all of the animals from Sorna to Nublar, but when the park failed, Ingen gave up their lease on Sorna to cover some of the cost?

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
I don't get something. If Masrani owns Ingen and thus the islands. How does Lockwood fit in to all of this? Does he become the new head of Masrani?

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but couldn't/wouldn't Masrani/Ingen just be leasing the islands from Costa Rica?

I could see them buying the islands. I mean, I don't see what the Costa Rican government would want with them. And given how they barely have a military, it wouldn't be enough to protect the other islands, which IIRC, are being protected by the U.S. Military.

Not sure where Sorna stands though. I got the impression from JP3 that Sorna was being protected by the Costa Rican government.

Is it possible that Hammond bought Nublar, but was just leasing Sorna because he planned to eventually transfer all of the animals from Sorna to Nublar, but when the park failed, Ingen gave up their lease on Sorna to cover some of the cost?

No, the American military protects it. I remember how at the end, how the Marines stormed the beaches in order to get ready in case a large meat-eating dinosaur or a raptor pack attacked. The only thing missing were AH-1 King Cobra gunships, F/A 18 Hornets and F-14 Tomcats flying overhead, and an Iowa class battleship with it's main armament ( 9 16 inch guns) pointed toward the island. Really, it was a few explosions away from being a WW2 Pacific island landing re-enactment.

As for that scenario. It's possible, but I think that Ingen/Masrani would give up one of the mush smaller islands. Sorna was the original site where the dinosaurs were made and it meant a lot to Hammond. So from that standpoint, I still see Sorna being in Masrani/Ingen's hands.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

No, the American military protects it. I remember how at the end, how the Marines stormed the beaches in order to get ready in case a large meat-eating dinosaur or a raptor pack attacked. The only thing missing were AH-1 King Cobra gunships, F/A 18 Hornets and F-14 Tomcats flying overhead, and an Iowa class battleship with it's main armament ( 9  16 inch guns) pointed toward the island. Really, it was a few explosions away from being a WW2 Pacific island landing re-enactment.

As for that scenario. It's possible, but I think that Ingen/Masrani would give up one of the mush smaller islands. Sorna was the original site where the dinosaurs were made and it meant a lot to Hammond. So from that standpoint, I still see Sorna being in Masrani/Ingen's hands.

Right, right. Forgot about the US military showing up at the end of JP3 XD

I do wonder whether or not Masrani used Sorna to develop any of the animals in JW.

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Today was Bryce's last day shooting in the UK.
I though they'd be already shooting in the Hawaii, but apparently not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVHb1Wsgrvx/?taken-by=brycedhoward
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 pm

brunofernando wrote:
Today was Bryce's last day shooting in the UK.
I though they'd be already shooting in the Hawaii, but apparently not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVHb1Wsgrvx/?taken-by=brycedhoward

Yeah, so i guess next week or so

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Hawaii must be small part then.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Hawaii must be small part then.

Well I mean according to RTH the scene that they will do when shooting start involves gyro spheres so I'm wondering if they stick to the valley with brief shots through main street

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Oahu filming is set to begin next week & finish around July 15, so about 4/5 weeks vs JW's 7 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

You know how they say there is going to be an auction? Maybe this little expedition isn't legal at all and Lockwood is simply tricking people into thinking it is?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

You know how they say there is going to be an auction? Maybe this little expedition isn't legal at all and Lockwood is simply tricking people into thinking it is?

(my shitty rendition of how this could go down)
Maybe this ties in with the volcano that everyone is saying?

"Oh no, the dinos will die unless we get them off!"

*Dinos get taken off...Owen goes. This volcano is dormant, my dudes.*

Saboteours in the team "you don't say, my dude"..

*someone tosses c4 in the geothermal power plant/sabotoges radio towers to cut off connection from mainland.

*Volcano starts after explosion* "oh sh*t, told you it was gonna blow!"

some dinos then get dumped on sorna, but then team member makes shitty excuse to go back on one of the other boats and hijacks it and hoofs it to mainland.

Owen/team then realize Lockwood played them for fools and resolve to crash the party.

Thoughts?

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 1:03 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

(my shitty rendition of how this could go down)
Maybe this ties in with the volcano that everyone is saying?

"Oh no, the dinos will die unless we get them off!"

*Dinos get taken off...Owen goes. This volcano is dormant, my dudes.*

Saboteours in the team "you don't say, my dude"..

*someone tosses c4 in the geothermal power plant/sabotoges radio towers to cut off connection from mainland.

*Volcano starts after explosion* "oh sh*t, told you it was gonna blow!"

some dinos then get dumped on sorna, but then team member makes shitty excuse to go back on one of the other boats and hijacks it and hoofs it to mainland.

Owen/team then realize Lockwood played them for fools and resolve to crash the party.

Thoughts?

My plot senses are tingling.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 3:36 pm

https://twitter.com/Maniella/status/873623628427927552

Daniella is heading to the hawaii shoot with Ted levine on the same plane!

So the 'extraction team' is likely

Owen
Claire
Ted Levine
Daniella
Justice

Idk but so far thats what it looks like as I think goldblum isn't returning to the island.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Yay I'm so hyped.  bounce

Can't wait to get more set pics and news!!

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Jeff posted a pic on Instagram, in London, with the hashtag #JurassicPark5.
I like how he calls the film Jurassic Park 5 and not Jurassic World 2.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 4:51 pm

JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 18948267_1239278476199083_6065678270853021696_n

^^ Either he's in costume or he's rocking the Malcolm outfit just because.

Regarding Ted Levine - I originally had him pegged for a Dodgson(ish) role, but he might actually fit a Jack Thorne-esque character as well.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Now if he posts a trash bin with "Malcolm" writen in it everyone will loose their minds.   Laughing

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Reel Tours Hawaii has posted some more pix from the sets on Oahu :

https://www.facebook.com/ReelNewsHawaii/

One of the bunkers now looks like the Bunker that Ellie & Muldoon emerge from to go & turn the power back on! Shocked
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
https://twitter.com/Maniella/status/873623628427927552

Daniella is heading to the hawaii shoot with Ted levine on the same plane!

So the 'extraction team' is likely

Owen
Claire
Ted Levine
Daniella
Justice

Idk but so far thats what it looks like as I think goldblum isn't returning to the island.

Since Ted Levine is going to Hawaii I think he will be a Dino wrangler type character who is working for Lockwood & helps capture the Dinosaurs & gets them to his property.

Wonder if BD Wong, Toby Jones or Rafe Spall will have scenes in Hawaii? Very doubtful Cromwell or Goldblum will.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 pm

dance2nite wrote:

One of the bunkers now looks like the Bunker that Ellie & Muldoon emerge from to go & turn the power back on! Shocked

Didn't the Clint audition mention something about tunnels? Maybe this is a tunnel entrance on Isla Nublar?

BTW, does anyone remember how much of JP3 Reel Tours Hawaii spoiled? Ah, the good ole' days. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Robotpo wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Didn't the Clint audition mention something about tunnels? Maybe this is a tunnel entrance on Isla Nublar?

BTW, does anyone remember how much of JP3 Reel Tours Hawaii spoiled? Ah, the good ole' days. cheers

Hmm yeah I was thinking tunnels similar to Jurassic Park the game, or could be entrance to a geothermal plant (i.e. how you trigger the volcano)

Also I think Toby and Wu will stay on the mainland and maybe Rafe goes to the island. I see Rafe/Ted as being island cannon fodder most likely

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 8:34 pm

I've been wondering something. I know that this movie is going to ensure that the first 2 sequels are still canon, so we know it will be referenced. But will we actually see Sorna?

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Hope BD Wong has scenes there too. The more scenes Wu have, the better. Cool

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 pm

dance2nite wrote:

It would be kind of hilarious if JW2 had better old park scenes than JW.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I've been wondering something. I know that this movie is going to ensure that the first 2 sequels are still canon, so we know it will be referenced. But will we actually see Sorna?

If that leak is true, I don't know. Maybe we will get it referenced and act like we're going there but get faked out at the last second and go somewhere else

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Hmm yeah I was thinking tunnels similar to Jurassic Park the game, or could be entrance to a geothermal plant (i.e. how you trigger the volcano)

Also I think Toby and Wu will stay on the mainland and maybe Rafe goes to the island. I see Rafe/Ted as being island cannon fodder most likely

BD & Toby may have some sort of Hawaii scenes going by some of spoilers/leaks...
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 2:53 am

dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

BD & Toby may have some sort of Hawaii scenes going by some of spoilers/leaks...

if we're referring to the same leaks, it was my thought that the mention of -that- thing may refer to the mainland, not some secret secret lab on the island. And possibly that -that thing- may remain a surprise until the back half of the movie, being held back for longer screen time then the Indominus was in the film itself.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 am

I haven't been watching for leaks lately so which one are you referring to involving Wu and "that thing"?

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 9:34 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

if we're referring to the same leaks, it was my thought that the mention of -that- thing may refer to the mainland, not some secret secret lab on the island. And possibly that -that thing- may remain a surprise until the back half of the movie, being held back for longer screen time then the Indominus was in the film itself.

It wouldn't shock me if -that thing- remained a surprise until the end, which is understandable, but I don't like the idea of -that thing- completely taking over the film for the second half.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   JurassicPark5 - General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next