Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.

Go down 
+19
Dead2009
V.a.nublarensis
Amanasaur Rex
Sickle_Claw
Dr. Wu
The Geeky Zoologist
Rhedosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
Tyrant Lizard
GwrChurchward
TheDreamMaster
TyrantGojira
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
CT-1138
Levine
Spinosaur4.4
Megaspino2
TRK/TrexKing
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Social media is very often a great tool to discover the truths that we might not be aware of in everyday life.

Maybe that's why some have doubts about how big this topic is. Back in 2001 we only had like 1 or 2 Jurassic Park forums so some might not remember the long threads of outrage at the though of the Spinosaurus species being established as the T Rex humilliating machines. But now that we have so many more social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, can you imagine if the fight had taken place in 2017? The outrage would have been like 10 times much more visible in an in your face kind of way and the hashtag would spread like wildfire.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm pretty sure a rematch could indeed be so out of tone with the rest of the movie that critics and audiences could view it as going too far or being too forced. Many already viewed the Indominus vs T-Rex fight to be like a superhero movie scene and too over-the-top.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 pm

I can't help but wonder if it's possible to ret-con that one fight in JP3 as a modified rematch. Let me explain what I mean by that.

For some time, I've been advocating that the JP3 Spino to be ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid. This would not only explain the result, but would also explain the origin, why it looks so different then the new/modern Spinosaurus, and would connect the original trilogy with this new one.

My idea would have the 'normal' Spinos live in Sorna, but almost get wiped out by the T. rex population. Have a fight/curbstomp battls between a T. rex and 'proper' Spino with the Rex defeating the Spino handily. Then it's explained that JP3 Spino was a hybrid made to serve as a form of deterrence/counter to the native Rex population. The alpha male/grand protector of the Spino population, if you may.

In this scenario, we'd not only explain the origin but would get-sort of-a rematch. I honestly think at this point it would be the best compromise.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 7:30 pm

We dont need a rematch because a vocal minority says so, and before anyone brings up the dude who spammed Trevorrow's twitter the first time around, he didnt have many signatures like he claimed to have.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 1:13 am

Dead2009 wrote:
We dont need a rematch because a vocal minority says so, and before anyone brings up the dude who spammed Trevorrow's twitter the first time around, he didnt have many signatures like he claimed to have.

Even if he did it would be the equivalent of a drop of water in a pool as far as the general public is concerned.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject:    T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am

No one can know for sure exactly how many fans are asking for a rematch unless someone literaly asked the millions of Jurassic Park fans around the world.

I can not tell you exact total of fans that want the rematch but what I can do is provide evidence that suggests that the topic is definetly not as insignificant as some of you might believe. For example, why would a well known website like scified.com (among others that I posted on page 2) write an entire article about Colin taking note of the desire for the rematch recognizing how big this issue was if this really is a non issue?

That's why I ask all of you to dig a litte deeper into this. Don't just go by personal experience or what you believe. For example, from 1999 untill around 2005 i thought the Star Wars prequels were as respected as the originals since I never met anyone who hated them in person. But when I decided to dig deeper on the internet I was shocked at how many disliked them. Same thing here. Many of you firmly believed that nobody wanted a rematch untill the evidence that I posted here. Same thing is is happening with this firm belif that those who want the rematch are a tiny minority. I am not suggesting we are a majority but I can provide more evidence that this is not as small as some of you might believe.

And even if we really were a minority, being a member of a minority does not make that person's wish or an argument invalid. Here are a few new videos wich explain the subject of the rematch more in depth. Just try to watch them with an open mind.

This one made by the Iceman explains very well the why behind it

https://youtu.be/_Z3btTtk48Q

This one is from Klayton Fiorini. One of the best videos you will find explaining the history of the situation and he gets why fans wanting a rematch is very valid better than anyone. (Also, notice that almost nobody is against the idea on the comments section).

https://youtu.be/oXiA2bBxkFs

This one is from Cretaceous The Hunted. A well known JP youtuber. Notice that in all of the videos that I post, the user does recognize that a lot of people still want a rematch.

https://youtu.be/kclR3NCrkNg

This italian article literaly calls the rematch "The fans deepest desire"

https://monstermovieitalia.com/2017/06/27/t-rex-contro-spinosauro-possibile-re-match-in-fallen-kingdom/

This one is from Hybrid Dinosaur. The tag team of JW was very Avengers like, I agree. A rematch if anything would be more "normal" since it would just be 2 predators fighting each other like lions and hyenas.

https://youtu.be/mjr5uUcjwSg
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 4:01 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
No one can know for sure exactly how many fans are asking for a rematch unless someone literaly asked the millions of Jurassic Park fans around the world.

I can not tell you exact total of fans that want the rematch but what I can do is provide evidence that suggests that the topic is definetly not as insignificant as some of you might believe. For example, why would a well known website like scified.com (among others that I posted on page 2) write an entire article about Colin taking note of the desire for the rematch recognizing how big this issue was if this really is a non issue?

That's why I ask all of you to dig a litte deeper into this. Don't just go by personal experience or what you believe. For example, from 1999 untill around 2005 i thought the Star Wars prequels were as respected as the originals since I never met anyone who hated them in person. But when I decided to dig deeper on the internet I was shocked at how many disliked them. Same thing here. Many of you firmly believed that nobody wanted a rematch untill the evidence that I posted here. Same thing is is happening with this firm belif that those who want the rematch are a tiny minority. I am not suggesting we are a majority but I can provide more evidence that this is not as small as some of you might believe.

And even if we really were a minority, being a member of a minority does not make that person's wish or an argument invalid. Here are a few new videos wich explain the subject of the rematch more in depth. Just try to watch them with an open mind.

This one made by the Iceman explains very well the why behind it

https://youtu.be/_Z3btTtk48Q

This one is from Klayton Fiorini. One of the best videos you will find explaining the history of the situation and he gets why fans wanting a rematch is very valid better than anyone. (Also, notice that almost nobody is against the idea on the comments section).

https://youtu.be/oXiA2bBxkFs

This one is from Cretaceous The Hunted. A well known JP youtuber. Notice that in all of the videos that I post, the user does recognize that a lot of people still want a rematch.

https://youtu.be/kclR3NCrkNg

This italian article literaly calls the rematch "The fans deepest desire"

https://monstermovieitalia.com/2017/06/27/t-rex-contro-spinosauro-possibile-re-match-in-fallen-kingdom/

This one is from Hybrid Dinosaur. The tag team of JW was very Avengers like, I agree. A rematch if anything would be more "normal" since it would just be 2 predators fighting each other like lions and hyenas.

https://youtu.be/mjr5uUcjwSg

It doesn't matter if they're the minority, but if it has no other reason to be part of the story then there's no point. I still haven't heard one convincing scenario where it would fit with the tone of the movie. The story sounds like it plays out as a Dinosaur rescue mission and then an illegal auction. Where does a Spinosaurus v T-Rex fight fit into this story without being completely forced? It doesn't really.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie. That idea was included in the movie however and most audiences seemed to be ok with it. Usually when TLW is hated on is because of the gymnastics scene or because of it not having that "awe" factor of the first.

Same thing could very well happen with a rematch in Fallen Kingdom. We should not be so sure that an idea will be bad just because of how it looks on paper or based on speculation. What if the rematch is just an opening scene? We find out that the JP3 Spino was indeed brought to Nublar for Jurassic World and it clashes with Rexy (Or any other T Rex) and then boom! We move on to the characters.

Or what about if a Spino was on the auction on the mainland. At some point the dinosaurs break lose right? (Like on every JP film). Spino is chasing the humans and runs into other dinosaurs that also escaped. Why not a T rex?

By the way here is yet another video by Vversion8. He literaly says "everyone has been wanting a rematch ever since "JP3"

https://youtu.be/uJ7xRc64EeY
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 12:14 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  

And she was absolutely right.

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  

I love TLW and I don’t hate the end by any means.

But growing up and seeing the film so many times it really is a jarring transition. I actually think it could have worked a lot better if the Rex hadn’t acted like Godzilla in some of the scenes. Some of it really feels like that type of movie imo.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 5:57 am

I love the end of TLW. I never felt like "Oh this is so different that it takes me out of the movie" at all.

Yeah the San Diego sequence is a nod to King Kong and Godzilla and that is not a coincidence. People praise the first Jurassic Park so much for it's intelectual science talk that they forget it also had many giant monster movie elements because Spielberg wanted the series to have a big King Kongesque feel to it. That's why I argue that it is not that un Jurassic Park like to have 2 giant therapods fighting again. The series has alwas been a balance between the science talk and Godzillaesque elements.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 8:13 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I love TLW and I don’t hate the end by any means.

But growing up and seeing the film so many times it really is a jarring transition. I actually think it could have worked a lot better if the Rex hadn’t acted like Godzilla in some of the scenes. Some of it really feels like that type of movie imo.

IF the Rex was truly acting like Godzilla, we would have seen more smashed buildings and a sense of godlike indifference to humans, rather than a crazed mix of starvation, parental instinct and "locomotive" energy as Sarah put it. It was behaving as a lost animal would out of its environment, looking for food and water, and interacting with the metallic and concrete environment.

Also in humorous contrast to the other "Godzilla" film that came out the next year, the T. rex actually does LESS running away from humans than the creature many thousand times its own size!

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 2:23 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  That idea was included in the movie however and most audiences seemed to be ok with it. Usually when TLW  is hated on is because of the gymnastics scene or because of it not having that "awe" factor of the first.

Same thing could very well happen with a rematch in Fallen Kingdom. We should not be so sure that an idea will be bad just because of how it looks on paper or based on speculation. What if the rematch is just an opening scene? We find out that the JP3 Spino was indeed brought to Nublar for Jurassic World and it clashes with Rexy (Or any other T Rex) and then boom! We move on to the characters.

Or what about if a Spino was on the auction on the mainland. At some point the dinosaurs break lose right? (Like on every JP film). Spino is chasing the humans and runs into other dinosaurs that also escaped. Why not a T rex?

By the way here is yet another video by Vversion8. He  literaly says "everyone has been wanting a rematch ever since "JP3"

https://youtu.be/uJ7xRc64EeY

Bringing Dinosaurs back to the mainland was the intention of Ludlow throughout the movie, it made sense that he tried to bring back a prize Dinosaur to put into his theme park. It completely fit with the tone of the movie. I just can't say the same for the rematch, it's too random.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 1:22 am

This is why art so relative and subjective some feel think the end of TLW was way out of tone with the movie while others think it was right in tone with it. Nobody is right or wrong. Same thing with how the rematch would fit into the movie.

But if it is of any comfort, remember when Jurassic World's ideas were starting to be revealed on mid 2014. I remember there were fans who were legit worried about how the idea of a mutant dinosaur sounded on paper not to mention there were some straight up mad at the thought of the raptors being turned into superheroish "pets". Some fans were like "There goes the series"

In fact, let's imagine it's 2014 for a second. If I told you for the first time that in the next Jurassic sequel there will be a raptor squad who are sideckicks to the good guy who as soon as they talk go the mutant dinosaur they swich sides and turn "evil" only to later turn "good" once again when they see how "evil" their new master is...

I am sure many of you would be like "Wait what!? That sounds so ridiculous and so un JP like!!"

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 am

I am sorry buddy but the mainland sequence had plot significance, how would another duel that isn't a copy of JW have the same plot significance?

You cannot escape that third act and have the same movie but you can avoid a fight and have the same movie.

We are talking apples and oranges on this.

And I happen to still that way for your last three paragraphs. Because those aren't elements fit for JP and they did sound and were bad. ;P

But I suppose it fits for JW, since it isn't JP anymore.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:17 am

A rematch could be written to have plot significance.

My point with my other examples is that it often happens with movies that when fans read about an idea on paper many are worried about how it will look or feel when they actually see it but once they actually see it they realize it was not as bad as they thought.

Like I said before, wich elements are the correct ones for a JP sequel is a very subjective thing. Some might prefer something similar to the original while others might want to push for something very different.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Scott B wrote:
I am sorry buddy but the mainland sequence had plot significance, how would another duel that isn't a copy of JW have the same plot significance?

You cannot escape that third act and have the same movie but you can avoid a fight and have the same movie.

We are talking apples and oranges on this.

And I happen to still that way for your last three paragraphs. Because those aren't elements fit for JP and they did sound and were bad. ;P

But I suppose it fits for JW, since it isn't JP anymore.

Holy shit i just noticed that you are Scott. Yeah I read your name but then I saw the captain America and I knew you were THE Scott. It took me a bit to put that together and I didn’t notice.

Welcome back man good to see you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Yeah. I'll defend TLW to my dying breathe, but the extended Worker Village chase and the ending that we got in the earlier script would have been far more interesting to me.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:14 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Yeah. I'll defend TLW to my dying breathe, but the extended Worker Village chase and the ending that we got in the earlier script would have been far more interesting to me.

Worker Village chase and an 'original' ending? I never heard about either of those before. I know this is going off topic, but can you tell me more about those things? This is new to me.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Worker Village chase and an 'original' ending? I never heard about either of those before. I know this is going off topic, but can you tell me more about those things? This is new to me.

I think it might've been the ending that was basically the scene in Jurassic World where the Pteranodons attacked the helicopter?
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Then if the movie had ended on the island then many would be like "It's trying too hard to be like the first!". At least it gave us a different ending while keeping that JP feel.

And to me that's what's so great about TLW. It gave added great new things to the series while keeping that JP feel more than JP3 and JW combined.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 9:14 pm

The impression that I get from many people was that the Trex in san diego scene was dumb and ruined the movie. I think it would have worked better if the events that lead to that moment didn't feel rushed and confusing. In the end, it felt tacked on but I think it is a cool scene.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
The impression that I get from many people was that the Trex in san diego scene was dumb and ruined the movie.

I never heard that one before. I get that when they talk about how Malcolm's daughter mortally wounds that one raptor via her gymnastics, but never about the Bull T. rex rampage in San Diego.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 5:16 am

I think most people liked the end of TLW. The problem is that ever since the youtube era (2006 - present) the internet for whatever reason has told us that it is one of those movies that it is "cool" to hate. So people nitpick it just for the sake of being "correct".

I have seen people who hate on it for being waaay to different to JP and I have also seen others hate on it for trying too hard to re create scenes from JP.

Makes you wonder... I think very few people actually hate TLW. Most of the critics directed at it online seem to be just people trying to go with the flow.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm

It'd be interesting to make a poll on here just to see how many people actually want this rematch to happen.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

It was this...
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I think it might've been the ending that was basically the scene in Jurassic World where the Pteranodons attacked the helicopter?

PLUS in the original script the run for the helicopter was a bit more climactic and intense, where everybody had to leap from the rooftops to avoid the raptors. Meanwhile, Roland goes to finish off the male T. rex, but the male gets the jump on them and Roland admits defeat by a superior predator. Ludlow, unwilling to admit defeat, grabs Roland's gun to shoot the Rex, but misses. The Rex then grabs Ludlow, who dies at the teeth of the baby in the nest, a lot like Dodgson's death from the novel. In the end is Hammond's funeral, but that's where we get the Lex and Tim cameo, where Lex says she's planning on taking over InGen in Hammond's place.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 6:13 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

It was this...
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

PLUS in the original script the run for the helicopter was a bit more climactic and intense, where everybody had to leap from the rooftops to avoid the raptors. Meanwhile, Roland goes to finish off the male T. rex, but the male gets the jump on them and Roland admits defeat by a superior predator. Ludlow, unwilling to admit defeat, grabs Roland's gun to shoot the Rex, but misses. The Rex then grabs Ludlow, who dies at the teeth of the baby in the nest, a lot like Dodgson's death from the novel. In the end is Hammond's funeral, but that's where we get the Lex and Tim cameo, where Lex says she's planning on taking over InGen in Hammond's place.

Didn't hear the entire ending, but that sounds really good. Would like to have seen that.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

It was this...
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Say...That does sound pretty awesome. I do like the end of the rescue from the raptors scene, the San Diego scene and the ending we got, but I do like the sound of this a bit better overall.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Didn't hear the entire ending, but that sounds really good. Would like to have seen that.
I kind of wish they made it anyway, just so as to put it in via the alternate ending scene in the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 12:22 am

@Six foot turkey,

To make a fair poll on how many want the rematch you would have to make it for all JP fans. Because (no offense intended) but only like 15 or 20 fans post here on a regular basis. So it would be unfair to draw a conclusion of what an entire fanbase wants based on the opinion of 15 or 20 people.

This is a cool forum don't get me wrong. But my point is , you can't just go by fan forums only as the main source of info because context. Look at what happened with JP Legacy. They were the main JP fan forum for over 10 years and banned the topic so it was impossible for everyone to see anyone talking about the rematch there. That's why some here don't believe that the support for the rematch is that great. It's like trying to find out how everyone actually feels about TLW by only looking at the forum of Jurassic Outpost wich (no offense to them either but) only has like 12 active members posting on a regular basis. If you based you conclusions on just that you would think nobody cares for TLW. But when you take into account other sources like,videos, articles, blogs, reviews you find out that the movie is actually liked by many despite some trying to click bait you into thinking the consensus is that nobody cares for it.

And that's why I posted all those videos, articles, blogs, pics, and links about the rematch on pages 2 and 3 of this thread. Because they paint a very different picture than the one you would see if you only based your opinion on just one fan forum. That has been my point through this thread, one should not draw a conclusion based on just one fan forum because that could be very misleading, but rather dig deeper and open themselves up to look at all of the evidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5