Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4

Go down 
+47
Megatron
Island Queen
JettRyu
JP_Korea
scoobysaurus
mosasaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
K_Ozz92
Pokesaurus
LostWorld
CommanderKeller
iuJacob
Dead2009
HoldOntoYourButts
Lythronax
NolaJP
Bbrink1996
SmugTheFab
deinocoop
baryonyx7
TRK/TrexKing
Baryonyx111
Gondrasia
BoulderFaceplant
Saurillian
CT-1138
Océane
brunofernando
IllOrfanato
bammc
FayhdrianColonist
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
dance2nite
The Beeg One
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
Levine
Rhedosaurus
Robotpo
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:51 pm

The people getting pissed about Goldblum only having a small role? have to ask themselves if they really thought he would be a main character lol.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 12:51 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
In an interview, Jeff Goldblum said he had a small part in fallen kingdom (which is to be expected). Some folks on Jurassic outpost are having a fit about it, but small is a relative term and i expect him to be in it than longer than people expect like around the length that hammand had in the tlw

I'm surprised anyone thought he'd have anything larger than a small cameo role.
Same here. Thank god he’s not running around the island with our main protagonists. Look I love the character. Absolutely love him. But it’s hard to write a character back into a island when he’s been there once and almost died. Went to Sorna and almost died.

It would feel really forced for him to have a MAJOR role I think. I’m really glad and thankful we’re getting him at all. As long as the scene or scenes with him are memorable and make sense.

More screen time does not = better.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
The people getting pissed about Goldblum only having a small role? have to ask themselves if they really thought he would be a main character lol.

Honestly I am not frustrated at all. But maybe it would have been more fun for everyone to try and keep his role secret?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 1:39 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Honestly I am not frustrated at all. But maybe it would have been more fun for everyone to try and keep his role secret?
Its kind of ridiculous to me to see people crying and saying they have no interest in seeing Fallen Kingdom now lol.

Anyway the smart thing to do would have not announced his role at all. Idk if that would've been better. So that we would all have been surprised at the theater and not have expected anything.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 3:14 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Its kind of ridiculous to me to see people crying and saying they have no interest in seeing Fallen Kingdom now lol.

Anyway the smart thing to do would have not announced his role at all. Idk if that would've been better. So that we would all have been surprised at the theater and not have expected anything.
I know right! I love the character of Ian Malcolm but some of the fan boys are overreacting. The main stars are the dinosaurs and arguably the director. I'm glad that they announced Goldblum, helps increase hype for fallen kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 11:01 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

So they were exited about JW2 before Jeff was even announced but now that he has a small role that say “screw JW2?”. Where are you actually seeing this man. If that’s true that’s pathetic and I hope thy don’t mean it.

As someone who is a Dilophosaurus fan I’d kill for a “small” role lol.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

So they were exited about JW2 before Jeff was even announced but now that he has a small role that say “screw JW2?”. Where are you actually seeing this man. If that’s true that’s pathetic and I hope thy don’t mean it.

Oh, just a prominent person in the fandom, name rhymes with 'pandhu' who tweeted and deleted a statement saying something of the extent that "he has a small role in the film and just like that I have no interest in seeing fallen kingdom"

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Provided that Jeff isn't just being coy or elusive with the information he's given out, and lets remember that Hammond had one key scene in the beginning and only showed up at the very end afterwards. Now the big item of speculation is whether or not Malcolm actually gets killed off in this film, and can you imagine how much people would hate that? If killing the T. rex in an ungainly and stupid way was bad, what about the death of the franchise's (arguably) most beloved human character?

He ain't dying.

If anything else, I see Dr. Grant being the one to get killed off. Sam Neil wasn't happy about JP3 and wanted nothing else with the franchise since. We could very well see him getting killed off because of how he wants it to happen the way Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to get killed off in ROTJ and how J.J. Abrams finally made it happen in TFA.

If that's the case, don't have him return at all, I say. Just leave his character alone. TFA was horrible, killing Han and nullifying the previous trilogy's efforts killed Star Wars for me.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Provided that Jeff isn't just being coy or elusive with the information he's given out, and lets remember that Hammond had one key scene in the beginning and only showed up at the very end afterwards. Now the big item of speculation is whether or not Malcolm actually gets killed off in this film, and can you imagine how much people would hate that? If killing the T. rex in an ungainly and stupid way was bad, what about the death of the franchise's (arguably) most beloved human character?

He ain't dying.

If anything else, I see Dr. Grant being the one to get killed off. Sam Neil wasn't happy about JP3 and wanted nothing else with the franchise since. We could very well see him getting killed off because of how he wants it to happen the way Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to get killed off in ROTJ and how J.J. Abrams finally made it happen in TFA.

If that's the case, don't have him return at all, I say. Just leave his character alone. TFA was horrible, killing Han and nullifying the previous trilogy's efforts killed Star Wars for me.
I think its been said, but the rumor is that Malcolm is returning for a short scene, like having to testify about something. If I had to guess, it would be about either Lockwood trying to get legal justification for rescuing the dinosaurs, or Ingen getting sued for the JW incident.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 1:51 pm

I will say I don't want a "short" scene. The comparisons made are to Laura Dern's cameo in JP3 which took a day to film, and most fans agree was very disappointing. Jeff was on set for either a week or two (if someone could clarify for me, that would be great), so that means he must have more than just a short scene but he isn't in the film long enough to be considered a lead or a recurring supporting character.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

I think its been said, but the rumor is that Malcolm is returning for a short scene, like having to testify about something. If I had to guess, it would be about either Lockwood trying to get legal justification for rescuing the dinosaurs, or Ingen getting sued for the JW incident.

That's the kind of role I was expecting. Which would be good enough, I reckon!
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Oh, just a prominent person in the fandom, name rhymes with 'pandhu' who tweeted and deleted a statement saying something of the extent that "he has a small role in the film and just like that I have no interest in seeing fallen kingdom"
I knew exactly who you were talking about before you gave the hint. His comment was pretty childish in my opinion. As for the whole "small role" bit, i think people need to realize how relative that is. Tony Stark had a small role in Homecoming and I think Goldblum filmed longer than Robert downing Jr did in that movie.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Jeff filmed in the UK for one week. He is said to have a scene in a courtroom setting.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Hopefully, he says something that ensures that the Sorna movies are still canon like how TFA did with the Star Wars prequels via Kylo Ren saying how a clone army would have been superior then how The First Order raised troops to be killing machines from birth.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Hopefully, he says something that ensures that the Sorna movies are still canon like how TFA did with the Star Wars prequels via Kylo Ren saying how a clone army would have been superior then how The First Order raised troops to be killing machines from birth.
Like I said before all he would need to say for this would be like "I ran from dinosaurs twice"

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 12:06 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Like I said before all he would need to say for this would be like "I ran from dinosaurs twice"

Yeah... I’m gonna be crazy disappointed if they can’t even do something as SIMPLE as that.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 1:34 am

Yeah, I'd say if Malcolm said nothing about Sorna, San Diego incident or running from Dinos twice in his scenes + if the Dinos are not being originally said to be transported from Nublar to Sorna via the rescue mission before Lockwood takes hold that TLW & JP3 have secretly being de-canonised by the film makers.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 3:22 am

Anyone else see that Bayona interview? he said he saw the trailer. I guess its ready to drop but they are waiting for the right time
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 9:20 am

The films are canon. They never said they weren't
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

This x10000. 

Anyway the theatrical release of the trailer will be with last jedi, but the online release Idk when thats gonna be.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Yeah... I’m gonna be crazy disappointed if they can’t even do something as SIMPLE as that.

I think he has to be a little more specific then that. With Ren's line about the clone army being more reliable then the current method The First Order used, we all knew what he was talking about. Saying he ran from the dinosaurs twice is a little too vague. And he actually ran from them 3 times: Nublar, Sorna, and the Bull T. rex in San Diego.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

In an interview a few months before JW came out, Trevorrow implied that they weren't, but he had to backtrack a few days later. So we are not sure if they are or not.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

I think he has to be a little more specific then that. With Ren's line about the clone army being more reliable then the current method The First Order used, we all knew what he was talking about. Saying he ran from the dinosaurs twice is a little too vague. And he actually ran from them 3 times: Nublar, Sorna, and the Bull T. rex in San Diego.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

In an interview a few months before JW came out, Trevorrow implied that they weren't, but he had to backtrack a few days later. So we are not sure if they are or not.

He needs to say I ran from them on two different islands
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

He needs to say I ran from them on two different islands

Don't forget about San Diego. Razz

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

I would be shocked if Malcolm didn't at least mention the events of TLW.

That being said, I'd just like to point out that even if he doesn't, that still doesn't necessarily mean the events of TLW (and JP3 by extension) aren't canon.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

We do, they confirmed in the marketing when they mentioned the Pteranodons from Jurassic Park 3. Part of Hoskin's backstory on one of the websites. I remember reading it when the film came out.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 5:39 pm

As long as Sorna is mentioned once by somebody in FK then TLW & JP3 are still canon 100%, end of story! Razz
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

We do, they confirmed in the marketing when they mentioned the Pteranodons from Jurassic Park 3. Part of Hoskin's backstory on one of the websites. I remember reading it when the film came out.

Some people debate whether that’s actually going to be taken as canon. The marketing also says the Spino in JW is the same from JP3. And we hope that’s nonsense.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 8:14 am

Troyal1 wrote:

Some people debate whether that’s actually going to be taken as canon. The marketing also says the Spino in JW is the same from JP3. And we hope that’s nonsense.  
One is part of a website created by fans and edited by Trevorrow himself. The other is a short video made by some PR guy who likely didn't have any contact with any of the higher-ups. I think we know what could be taken as canon and what can't.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

He ain't dying.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I think people have misunderstood Universal when they say that's the Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3. What they meant was that the skeleton was the same Dinosaur that featured in Jurassic Park 3, not the exact same individual Spinosaurus from the film.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Universal Studios Japan new parade shows some JW:FK renders here:

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next