Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!

Go down 
+4
Rhedosaurus
Sickle_Claw
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Empty
PostSubject: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:01 pm

A prequel novel that talks about Claire getting involved in the park and how she became the woman we saw in Jurassic World.
Coming May 2018.

http://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-get-expanded-universe-upcoming-prequel-novel/

To be considered in canon, which means Jurassic Expanded Universe! Very Happy

https://twitter.com/ChrisLikesDinos/status/941382287609954305

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Very pleased and excited for this!! An actual piece of expanded lore canon! Just hope there isn't too much irreverent retconning.

New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Interesting to see what the incident was that caused Claire to change her mind about dinosaurs and make her into the person she was at the beginning of JW.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 5:42 pm

I actually like this news. I'm willing to trust this as canon FAR more then any of the JW sites that Universal has made, is making, and ever will make. While I do have some concerns about having things be ret-conned in a sloppy way. I do have optimism for this. Smile

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Yay!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Well they could do this without tripping over canon I feel. Go over Owen and Claire's first date, as well as Zara getting hired and all that.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Well they could do this without tripping over canon I feel. Go over Owen and Claire's first date, as well as Zara getting hired and all that.

That and talk about how the second park-third if you count the canceled San Diego park Ludlow made as the second park-was made. We could even get a Sorna reference.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Nice. Always thought JP/JW should have had more of an expanded universe. Aside from the occasional comics, there really hasn't been much of one thus far.

On a side note, 2017 has come and gone and still nothing from IDW. Figures, given how well they treated their JP series for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Hopefully we’ll get to see how the Jurassic World park is constructed and changed during the events of the novel.
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Let's not get too excited, I read plenty of young adult books as a kid and the synopsis makes it seem like it'll just be an adaptation of Jurassic World through Claire's perspective.

Yes, we'll likely get a bunch of details that happened before Jurassic World but it's not going to be specifically a prequel JW novel. I remember reading books like these from Luke Skywalker's and other characters perspectives and while it is cool just set your expectations, it's also being written for kids, "Young Adults" books are for tweens at most, you can still enjoy them but don't go expecting something too different than the Junior Novelizations.

Anywho, now that I was a party pooper, I have to say I'm pretty excited, even if it's not a full blown prequel at least it's something extra which we don't normally get and didn't get for JW.

http://miscrave.com
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 pm

sdp wrote:
Let's not get too excited, I read plenty of young adult books as a kid and the synopsis makes it seem like it'll just be an adaptation of Jurassic World through Claire's perspective.

Yes, we'll likely get a bunch of details that happened before Jurassic World but it's not going to be specifically a prequel JW novel. I remember reading books like these from Luke Skywalker's and other characters perspectives and while it is cool just set your expectations, it's also being written for kids, "Young Adults" books are for tweens at most, you can still enjoy them but don't go expecting something too different than the Junior Novelizations.

Anywho, now that I was a party pooper, I have to say I'm pretty excited, even if it's not a full blown prequel at least it's something extra which we don't normally get and didn't get for JW.

Good point, I think there might be a large chance this may still be a flashback POV novel, but with some random flashbacks.

Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 am

These are the ones I was talking about:
New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! 71%2BfbninLzL._SX463_

The synopsis of these don't mention that it's basically A New Hope through their perspective but it's what it actually is. It still has a bunch of events pre-A New Hope and extra stuff that doesn't happen in the film that fills the gaps but it's essentially A New Hope.

So yeah, I think this will start from when she gets hired to work on Jurassic World and also go through the movie through her perspective, we'll get a ton of extra stuff not in the movie but it'll tell the story of how she changed her view on dinosaurs after the events of Jurassic World which is the key of the book.

I'm excited and while I doubt it'll be able to be considered film canon, it'll still help fill a few gaps. I also wonder if they'll use any of the information from the viral marketing websites or if they'll just come up with new stuff for the pre-JW events.

Hope they have more of these planned, usually we only get one batch of these like Jurassic Park /// did, so the more we get in the beginning the better since they usually don't make more after the movie is out.

http://miscrave.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!   New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Prequel Novel about Claire's backstory coming!
Page 1 of 1