Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Velocicoaster coming soon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Velocicoaster coming soon? Empty
PostSubject: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 am

Came across this on Twitter and it's surrounding the supposed Jurassic World coaster that's coming to IOA
https://twitter.com/uoapb/status/1156114765124685824

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 pm

I wonder how the theme'll tie in with it. Not entirely a fan of roller coasters myself, but I know when I rode the dueling dragons the tie-in was primarily in the queue for it.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:26 pm

There was a rumor a while back that claimed the queue would be themed to the Raptor enclosure from the first Jurassic Park.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
There was a rumor a while back that claimed the queue would be themed to the Raptor enclosure from the first Jurassic Park.

Well if they are keeping the JP motif instead of going with the JW one I'm on board. I really hope the JP motif stays around forever personally. Not that I dislike the JW one, but I think the JP is more aesthetically pleasing to me. Razz

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 10:35 am

Someone did a POV on YouTube

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Quote :
Universal Orlando Resort has been constructing a new Jurassic World-themed roller coaster for many, many months, but has remained mum on what, exactly, it is. Until today. Universal Orlando has confirmed the existence of the Jurassic World VelociCoaster and released some images as well as a teaser trailer for Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster, which will officially open in Summer 2021. And it looks incredible.

Described as a “new species of coaster,” the VelociCoaster will be the world’s first coaster based on the Jurassic franchise and touts a series of intense maneuvers that will send guests catapulting up to 70 mph and more than 150 feet in the air. The attraction was created by the award-winning Universal Creative team in partnership with the filmmakers from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, and it will thrust guests into the middle of a Jurassic World adventure.

Original cast members Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and B.D. Wong will join guests as Jurassic World unveils the next evolution of its “carnivore expansion”: the VelociCoaster, where riders embark on  high-speed chase and feel the rush of the hunt while racing alongside a nimble velociraptor pack.

It sounds like the idea behind the VelociCoaster is that it exists within an operational Jurassic World as an attraction that lets guests race raptors, so there’s a heavy meta-textual component to this newest roller coaster. The VelociCoaster is located at Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park in the Jurassic Park island, where it wraps around the iconic Visitor’s Center and sits across the way from the Jurassic Park River Adventure, a raft ride where everything that can go wrong does go wrong.

According to a press release from Universal Orlando, the VelociCoaster spans more than 4,700 feet of track and reaches as high as 155 feet, twisting and soaring above land and water and speeding through near-misses and launches within the paddock. As you can see in the video below, it’s an incredibly intense coaster and is highly themed like Universal Orlando’s other recent coaster addition, the incredible Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Here are some VelociCoaster facts provided by Universal Orlando Resort:

Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds

Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon

Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind

Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80 degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet

Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure

This all sounds incredible, and I honestly can’t wait to check this thing out next summer.

The Velocicoaster coming soon? Universal-orlando-velocicoaster

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-velocicoaster-ride-details-teaser-video-universal-orlando/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Love that they're allowing both the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World aesthetic to coexist. I may never be able to get to Florida again, but I would definitely be interested in giving the Velocicoaster a try. Though I don't know if medically I should after my surgery in 2015.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 3:23 pm

So, the VelociCoaster is opening June 10th and they've already opened a "Jurassic World Tribute Store" (what used to be called a gift shop). This actually seems really cool, kind-of half store/half themed attraction, with both a high-tech "JW Control Room" and a separate oldish "JP Visitor Center", with the shop featuring full-sized dinosaurs and a lot of movie props, active screens and stuff throughout. In addition to a Raptor pack and a Triceratops, there are some sweet details scattered around such as Nedry's "Panic Pete" toy and actual documents such as the "John Hammond Dismissal Letter" from TLW.

I certainly hope they're prepared to let fans live there for a reasonable rent.

https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/theme-park-news/jurassic-world-tribute-store-open-at-universal-studios-florida-full-tour-photos-video/

https://www.micechat.com/292042-attraction-or-shop-incredible-jurassic-world-tribute-store-opens-at-universal-orlando/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm

Ride opens next week!

Back to top Go down
Jurassic89
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic89

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 8:18 pm

I know the original soundtrack is iconic, but I wish they also used The Lost World theme at the theme parks. It’s so adventurous and exciting.
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Jurassic89 wrote:
I know the original soundtrack is iconic, but I wish they also used The Lost World theme at the theme parks. It’s so adventurous and exciting.

The Lost World soundtrack has to be one of Williams' most underrated scores in his catalogue. He dared to leave his comfort zone and gave us something really unique not just to Jurassic Park soundtracks but even film scores in general. No soundtrack out there sounds like The Lost World.
Back to top Go down
Jurassic89
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic89

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 9:17 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
Jurassic89 wrote:

The Lost World soundtrack has to be one of Williams' most underrated scores in his catalogue. He dared to leave his comfort zone and gave us something really unique not just to Jurassic Park soundtracks but even film scores in general. No soundtrack out there sounds like The Lost World.
Unpopular opinion maybe, but outside of the great Main Theme and Journey to the Island, on the whole I prefer The Lost World soundtrack. John Williams did so much to create the atmosphere of this series. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say I wouldn’t be the fan I am today if his music was absent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Velocicoaster coming soon?   The Velocicoaster coming soon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Velocicoaster coming soon?
Page 1 of 1