Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The meat-eating bull...

Go down 
+12
BoulderFaceplant
Océane
Sickle_Claw
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
Megatron
TheRexMan22
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
Saurillian
Levine
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

The meat-eating bull... Empty
PostSubject: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 7:28 pm

What do y'all think of the introduction of Carnotaurus (finally) into the films? How do you think it will be used?
I hope it has camouflage capabilities a la novel. That would make for an interesting scene, having Owen stalked by one or two Carnotaurus (like Thorne in the novel).
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 10:18 pm

I think that would be cool, but honestly I think it may just be in the scene where the T.Rex kills it after it hangs around the gyrosphere. I hope it is used more though, maybe have some buildup where the Carnotaurus is kind of the main carnivore to worry about until Rexy comes out like the Gallimimus scene from the first movie and just kills it. Something along those lines would be awesome, but so much is going on in this movie, that it may just be that 1 scene.

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

The meat-eating bull... Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 pm

I think it;ll be more than just the one scene. Something seems to distract Blue when her and Owen are having their little moment. I'm hoping that ends up being the Carno.

The meat-eating bull... Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 12:19 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I think it;ll be more than just the one scene. Something seems to distract Blue when her and Owen are having their little moment. I'm hoping that ends up being the Carno.

That'd be cool and all, but I think it'd be better if it was a Dilo. I SOOOOO want a Dilo vs Raptor fight. XD

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

The meat-eating bull... Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 12:38 am

So happy, it's in my Top 3 Fav Dinos, I really hope it has more than one scene or at least a long extended scene leading into the Gyro/Rex scene?
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 1:43 am

I think there will be more than one Carnotaurus that'll prominently appear in the film. One's in the trailer, and the other is in the BTS.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 1:54 am

I just hope that appearance in the trailer is not its only appearance in the movie.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 am

It's nice to see such a requested animal finally appear in the series even if it just has a bit part.

Last edited by Megatron on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 am

I think it's great since Carnotaurus isn't as well known as some of the other 'Jurassic Park' dinosaurs. Having it finally featured in the 'Jurassic Park' franchise will hopefully get people talking about it, particularly if it's in more than one scene.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 am

'Bout time. I can only hope that it has the chameleon ability from Crichton's novel though I doubt it. Guess it'll be nice to see it as a one offer though in any case.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 pm

I like it,that its finally in the series, not happy with how quickly it got taken down though.

Océane

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Definitely loving her so far. I imagine she's going to have a scene before being absolutely destroyed, pestering the main characters and maybe getting a kill.

BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 3:43 pm

My hope is that the T. Rex takes it down, but gets scared off by the volcano before she can finish the job. Later in the movie that exact same Carno (identifiable by its wounds) attacks them and there’s no T. Rex to save them now.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Océane wrote:
Definitely loving her so far. I imagine she's going to have a scene before being absolutely destroyed, pestering the main characters and maybe getting a kill.

I hope she does get a kill, maybe one of the random mercs that jump out of the car during the Brachiosaur scene on main street

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm

When I first saw it while watching the trailer with my family I let out an audible "woaaaaaaaahh!" Laughing Laughing

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm all for Carnotaurus finally appearing in a JP movie. But I don't like how Universal is basically saying via their Dino Protection thing "It was at Nublar the entire time, you just never saw it in JW."

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 6:11 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I think there will be more than one Carnotaurus that'll prominently appear in the film. One's in the trailer, and the other is in the BTS.

I think this is the same specimen - animatronic head from BTS clip is actually covered by CGI in gyrosphere scene.

As much as I like Carno finally being introduced in the movie, I do think it will not have his novel abilities. Something tells me, that camouflage will be utilised by Indoraptor. And also - I do hope Carnos presence will not be only the trailer scene.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 6:12 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I was wondering - is Blue using this "raptor calling for help" sound?
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I was wondering - is Blue using this "raptor calling for help" sound?
If you're referring to JP3, no. But Blue did bark, which is used as a beacon to gain the attention of other pack members. This could imply more raptors, or maybe Blue considers Owen a pack member still.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 6:24 pm

I'm loving it! I just hope it has more scenes than that in the trailer. If they put a new dinosaur just to make a Tyrannosaurus kill it, I'll get really mad...

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The meat-eating bull... LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:31 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I'm loving it! I just hope it has more scenes than that in the trailer. If they put a new dinosaur just to make a Tyrannosaurus kill it, I'll get really mad...
What was your reaction to seeing the Carno? Razz

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
What was your reaction to seeing the Carno? Razz

Oh I almost cried, it was amazing. Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The meat-eating bull... LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 7:34 pm

I love the design of her. The coloration reminds me of the toys, with that orangish-red and black color scheme. I also love the head design! It's soooo Carnotaurus. Nice and hatchet shaped, with a bucket like mouth perfect for scraping teeth away from the bone.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The meat-eating bull...   The meat-eating bull... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The meat-eating bull...
Page 1 of 1