Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 1:11 pm

JA Bayonna has announced that the world premiere of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom will be in Spain, at Madrid's WiZink Center, on 21st May.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 6:38 pm

I still think FK will do TLJ numbers at around $1.3B WW. Cannot see it going any lower than $1B at all.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 6:49 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I'm not so sure the "divided fanbase" aspect probably doesn't factor that much into box office projections the way it would for Star Wars, wherein the division among fans is drastic and noticeable and could adversely affect Solo and Episode IX moving forward. Our hardcore fanbase is relatively small by comparison. A Facebook group of a few tens of thousands probably doesn't match the arena of hundreds of thousands, like an Avengers or Star Wars fandom. But what will definitely make the film sink or swim are the critical reviews and word of mouth.

And I hope, more than anything, that the reviews end up being extremely positive!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Sticklers for continuity will be happy to know that Colin has confirmed that the tower that was destroyed in the Rexy/Indominus fight that made in appearance in the latest trailer will be removed.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/991927654176772097

Also, Fallen Kingdom doesn't take place 4 years after the events of JW like we originally though, it takes place 3 years after JW.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/991924917993078784

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sticklers for continuity will be happy to know that Colin has confirmed that the tower that was destroyed in the Rexy/Indominus fight that made in appearance in the latest trailer will be removed.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/991927654176772097

Also, Fallen Kingdom doesn't take place 4 years after the events of JW like we originally though, it takes place 3 years after JW.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/991924917993078784

I heard from one place that it was supposed to be 9 years after JW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 2:11 am

Glad it's 3, not 4 keeping the theme that all the film's events happen in real time.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I heard from one place that it was supposed to be 9 years after JW.

Where'd you hear THAT from, cause wow, that is way off the mark.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 2:56 pm

So apparently in a Turkish trailer for the film the practical T.rex eye has been replaced by an entirely CGI one, and people aren't happy.

https://twitter.com/ChrisLikesDinos/status/993192412657979392

Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So apparently in a Turkish trailer for the film the practical T.rex eye has been replaced by an entirely CGI one, and people aren't happy.

Colin Trevorrow has confirmed that the original animatronic eye is going to remain in the film.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Whew. Thank god for that. In Colin we trust.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Colin Trevorrow has confirmed that the original animatronic eye is going to remain in the film.

That's a HUGE relief! And I cannot imagine either Colin or J.A. sanctioning a CGI shot like that in the finished product, so I wonder how much of an influence the marketing has on what special effects shots are revealed in the TV spots.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:32 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Gondrasia wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

That's a HUGE relief! And I cannot imagine either Colin or J.A. sanctioning a CGI shot like that in the finished product, so I wonder how much of an influence the marketing has on what special effects shots are revealed in the TV spots.
I bet that was a very early special effects shot that was left in for some reason. Prob because of the other animals running around in that spot in front of the title cards.(this may not make sense if you haven't seen the spot)

It looked like a damn ps2 game. Thank god we are not getting that.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 11:40 pm

I went in thinking "How bad can it possibly be?" As it turns out, it looked way worse than what I imagined. Getting that would've been a nightmare, especially for such a heavily promoted scene.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:14 am

SNL had a pretty good skit regarding JW this weekend.

My only complaint: Donald Glover keeps flip-flopping between Jurassic Park and World lol.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:40 pm

When do you reckon we'll get to hear tracks from Michael Giacchino's score? We were able to hear three tracks last time before the score was released.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 1:43 pm

I think they might be withholding the online release of Giacchino's new score until we're well into June, especially due to the staggered release pattern and relative ease in which people can listen to the score and figure out plot beats from it.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:16 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think they might be withholding the online release of Giacchino's new score until we're well into June, especially due to the staggered release pattern and relative ease in which people can listen to the score and figure out plot beats from it.

do you remember who actually released those three tracks last time? Was it official or a leak? I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

do you remember who actually released those three tracks last time? Was it official or a leak? I can't remember.
I remember Giacchino being on some kind of podcast or interview where they played three tracks but I don't know if that is what you were referring to.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I remember Giacchino being on some kind of podcast or interview where they played three tracks but I don't know if that is what you were referring to.

Perhaps that's where they came from then. I just remember 2 or 3 tracks going around on the web before the film or soundtrack were released. I think it was Dimorphodon Shuffle and As the Jurassic World Turns.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Forbes: How 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Became A Summer Movie Underdog

So while a writer on Forbes issued an article in the past decrying Fallen Kingdom, Scott Mendelson appears to be on the defence. And it's honestly gratifying to see someone iterate some aspects of what I actually feel: that this film has been unfairly beset before its release, and is in an underdog position insofar as not everyone is going gaga for it despite the high caliber director, attached to it.

In particular, this closing sentence sums it up for me:

So Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom finds itself in an odd contradiction. It is expected to be one of the summer’s biggest movies, yet it has been written about as if it were a grave mistake from inception and is expected to be an artistic whiff from the outset... This puts the Bryce Dallas Howard/Chris Pratt action-adventure flick, from the guy who directed A Monster Calls, in the position of being both a preemptive summer champion and a summer underdog.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:32 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

So while a writer on Forbes issued an article in the past decrying Fallen Kingdom, Scott Mendelson appears to be on the defence. And it's honestly gratifying to see someone iterate some aspects of what I actually feel: that this film has been unfairly beset before its release, and is in an underdog position insofar as not everyone is going gaga for it despite the high caliber director, attached to it.

So Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom finds itself in an odd contradiction. It is expected to be one of the summer’s biggest movies, yet it has been written about as if it were a grave mistake from inception and is expected to be an artistic whiff from the outset... This puts the Bryce Dallas Howard/Chris Pratt action-adventure flick, from the guy who directed A Monster Calls, in the position of being both a preemptive summer champion and a summer underdog.
That was beautifully said. The constant pessimism surrounding this film irks me so much [looking at you screenrant]. So seeing this article was a nice change of pace. I really hope this movie does well financially and critically so that it can shut those haters up.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:51 pm

We should be getting Giacchino's FK OST Tracklist very soon so that should have quiet a few spoilers like how the film's structure plays out etc.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:52 pm

dance2nite wrote:
We should be getting Giacchino's FK OST Tracklist very soon so that should have quiet a few spoilers like how the film's structure plays out etc.

Should be good. I'm as excited about his score as I am for the movie! Big fan of MG.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

That was beautifully said. The constant pessimism surrounding this film irks me so much [looking at you screenrant]. So seeing this article was a nice change of pace. I really hope this movie does well financially and critically so that it can shut those haters up.

Well said! Honestly at this point I’m hoping it’ll be a good movie for fans and the GA.

I think the critics egos are too big to admit it if the film is actually really good.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:49 pm

I may have soured a bit myself on JW, but I barely take critics at face value anymore. I mean the early critic reviews for JW were not great, and yet that movie exploded on release.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 6:19 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I may have soured a bit myself on JW, but I barely take critics at face value anymore. I mean the early critic reviews for JW were not great, and yet that movie exploded on release.

If Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle can get really positive reviews, so can Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 8:56 pm

So a recent trailer gave away a MASSIVE spoiler regarding the fate of Rexy.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Universal has lost their damn minds in my opinion.

Holy shit I hope this movie has like 15 minutes at the end that are purely unexpected and “holy shit”.

Hell at this point I hope there’s 15 minutes we haven’t seen.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Jurassic World did a pretty excellent job at hiding the entire end of the film, despite the fact we all knew it was coming. Hopefully they're hiding something this time around as well, because it seems like the fate of almost every dinosaur has been spoiled (with the exception of Blue).

That being said, the scene itself looks absolutely incredible.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Jurassic World did a pretty excellent job at hiding the entire end of the film, despite the fact we all knew it was coming. Hopefully they're hiding something this time around as well, because it seems like the fate of almost every dinosaur has been spoiled (with the exception of Blue).

That being said, the scene itself looks absolutely incredible.

I agree,

But I would have rather have them spoiled “you know what” than this if it’s truly an ending part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 14 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next