Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Alonso14
Embryo
Embryo
Alonso14

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 pm

British press are destroying it. Saw one comment saying it makes Jurassic Park 3 look like The Godfather. Can see the Rotten % plummeting.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Well in regards to everyone freaking out I guess we can get Meta here for a second

Welcome to Jurassic world.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Jesus, a lot of those reviews are kind of spoilery. At least two of them describe a specific scene I would rather have seen at the theater (that is not in any of the trailers or spots, mind you).

Also, I'm getting kind of worried about the music. More than one review mentions that Giacchino's score is kind of lackluster, and that it frequently teases the Jurassic Park fanfare, but never actually uses it. I had mixed feelings about Giacchino's score for the first Jurassic World - namely, the way he barely used the original themes and preferred to use his own new pieces - and hoped he would deliver something better in the sequel, but from those reviews it appears he's doing more of the same.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Alonso14 wrote:
British press are destroying it. Saw one comment saying it makes Jurassic Park 3 look like The Godfather. Can see the Rotten % plummeting.

Now, that's an unfair low blow. Mad

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Incidentally, looks like the gamble Universal took on releasing it in America a full 2 weeks after the UK release isn't going to pay off, considering the lukewarm reaction so far.

Down to 67% now.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Incidentally, looks like the gamble Universal took on releasing it in America a full 2 weeks after the UK release isn't going to pay off, considering the lukewarm reaction so far.

I can't help but wonder how long before it even reaches $1. At first I thought it was a given, but considering all the latest controversies-mainly how they treated Sorna-, how many old school fans were turned off by JW, and finally these reviews, which in turn are going to turn off even more, not to mention the stronger competition this movie has when compared to JW, I can't help but wonder just how possible it is that this movie falls short of that goal.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm

I swear this franchise is cursed. JA BAYONA pulling mediocre reviews? THE FUCK.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Even Kong Skull Island managed to pull a certified fresh. FFS.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Side note: I actually quite enjoyed Skull Island Razz

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Calm down a bit man. Who cares how the reviews are as long as we the fans like the film.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Calm down a bit man. Who cares how the reviews are as long as we the fans like the film.

I care. Sorry, I can't help it, the negativity gets to me.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm

But why? If you like the film yourself shouldn't that only matter? Don't let reviews cloud your judgement.

Not all of my favorite films are critical success.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
But why? If you like the film yourself shouldn't that only matter? Don't let reviews cloud your judgement.

The reviews won't cloud my judgement. I know I'll like it, it just sucks when your favourite movie/franchise is looked down at by majority of people.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Agreed. I have been looking forward to this movie for three years. I am not about to let negative press sully that for me.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

The reviews won't cloud my judgement. I know I'll like it, it just sucks when your favourite movie/franchise is looked down at by the majority of people.
I'm in the same boat. I will prob like the movie but the negativity is really hitting me hard. Kind of ruined my day if I am being honest.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

The reviews won't cloud my judgement. I know I'll like it, it just sucks when your favourite movie/franchise is looked down at by the majority of people.
I'm in the same boat. I will prob like the movie but the negativity is really hitting me hard. Kind of ruined my day if I am being honest.

Right? I'm not saying these things to be a dick, but this negativity hits me like it's my own creation. I can't really explain why it just does.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

Yeah, I honestly couldn't sleep because I'm thinking about the movie's ratings.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Even though I am not that into the movie, If I can offer some help to those who are sad because of the negative reviews...

Remember critics loved The Last Jedi and it is by far the most hated Star Wars movie.

Critics and reviews are not the Sacred Gospel. Art is relative and subjective.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:32 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Even though I am not that into the movie,  If I can offer some help to those who are sad because of the negative reviews...

Remember critics loved The Last Jedi and it is by far the most hated Star Wars movie.

True, although, I kinda liked TLJ more than TFA haha
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:34 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Even though I am not that into the movie,  If I can offer some help to those who are sad because of the negative reviews...

That's true. And don't forget that TLW has a 53% rating on RT, yet fans generally like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Yeah The Lost World is actually liked by most hardcore and casual fans and yet internet critics keep acting like nobody has ever liked this movie.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:44 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Yeah The Lost World is actually liked by most hardcore and casual fans and yet internet critics keep acting like nobody has ever liked this movie.

Never understood that myself. It's a great sequel!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:45 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Actually, the older I get, the more I appreciate JP3, too. It's nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I saw so many bullshit reviews already, mostly because they are blind by NOSTALGIA factor and just JP is good and no other movie of the franchise is, how dare they not bring Ian Malcolm and Alan and Ellie, they actually want a JP remake with the same old stuff. That's it. They don't want the franchise to explore other paths.

I already logged on many of these reviews and called a lot of them out. I'm super mad at this.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:57 pm

What matters the most to the movie's success is how the general audience rates it. If they find it to be a fun and thrilling experience, what the critics say won't impact the movie that much.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Supposedly they've gone a bit topical and have Wheatley call Zia a "nasty woman." Remember where that's from?

Several reviews have said Wheatley IS insane, so I guess it fits. Razz

Anyway, Solo is 4 points higher than JW: FK, so at least there's not much of a disparity there. But yeah, critics do seem predisposed to dismiss the JP franchise for some reason.

I know there have only been 19 reviews counted, but how is Fallen Kingdom being received worse than Jurassic World with Bayona directing?!?! How?????!!
Even the negative reviews praise his directing but most of the hate seems to be towards the dialogue and story. The reviews are stressing me out...

Basically everything that was on Trevorrow's hands...If only Bayona wrote the script too.

PS: Sorry the double post I just couldn't find the multiple quotes tab.

Oh and by the way, I read a review calling the movie sexist because Wheatley is basically the "SUPER WHITE HUNTER" that calls Zia a "nasty woman" Laughing

What makes me mad is that these same people call JP a dumb franchise and dumb movies and that dinosaur movies are boring while they all praise shitty movies made by Marvel and other trendy super hero movies. It makes my blood boil at their hipocrisy.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 pm

A totally off-topic aside: does Franklin remind anyone else of a grown-up Arby Benton? Like, if Arby went back to the island ten years after TLW?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Never understood that myself. It's a great sequel!
It's because people think, mostly due to the first film, that JP movies are supposed to have this element of joy and wonder. The problem is that people completely forget the fact that before there were movies, there were the books, and both of them lack awe of any kind and go right for the sci-fi horror. The awe is something unique from Spielberg. There's a fault in pining for it: it's not supposed to be there in the first place. The books are very terrifying and dark, and like the books both TLW and I'd wager FK as well, there's a lack of awe and joy. They go right for the same tone of the books: scary and violent. The fans can appreciate the dark and terror because that's from the novels, the heart of the franchise. General audiences don't necessarily read the source material if they're even aware of its existence. Heck, there's plenty of fans out there who haven't even read the novels.

Robotpo wrote:
A totally off-topic aside: does Franklin remind anyone else of a grown-up Arby Benton? Like, if Arby went back to the island ten years after TLW?
I've been wondering if he was partially inspired by the character since I first saw him.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 pm

at this point, I just want it to stay fresh.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Yeah I was shocked when Internet critics started saying nobody likes TLW. From around 1997 to 2005 I thought it was considered a classic like JP.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 24 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next