Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm

What about Guillermo del Toro?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:39 am

Dead2009 wrote:
We got noticed by the official Ninja Warrior account earlier

https://twitter.com/ninjawarrior/status/1004517794061287424

That's awesome!

Sadly I missed the Ninja Warrior episode.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
doyouthinkhesaurus
Embryo
Embryo
doyouthinkhesaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:52 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
I think we just need to have horror directors take over the Jurassic franchise. Let James Wan handle a film, I say.

I'd be for that. Or Fede Alvarez

Andy Muschietti? I thought IT was pretty good.

How about Sam Raimi? He started out as a horror director, but can handle big budget fare as well.

Yeah IT was really good actually. Sam Raimi would bring in a lot more cheese haha

It would be kind of cheesy, but Raimi is a great horror director. I could see him giving it a much darker tone, maybe with some dark humor or splatstick, but who knows. A man can dream.

PM me and we'll talk about vidya and movies.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 am

doyouthinkhesaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
I think we just need to have horror directors take over the Jurassic franchise. Let James Wan handle a film, I say.

I'd be for that. Or Fede Alvarez

Andy Muschietti? I thought IT was pretty good.

How about Sam Raimi? He started out as a horror director, but can handle big budget fare as well.

Yeah IT was really good actually. Sam Raimi would bring in a lot more cheese haha

It would be kind of cheesy, but Raimi is a great horror director. I could see him giving it a much darker tone, maybe with some dark humor or splatstick, but who knows. A man can dream.

If it got me Bruce Campbell in a JP movie, even in a cameo, I'd take it.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

ScreenJunkies posted their review and while it's negative (they didn't say it was terrible they just didn't like it) they did acknowledge the people in their theatre loved it.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:27 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
ScreenJunkies posted their review and while it's negative (they didn't say it was terrible they just didn't like it) they did acknowledge the people in their theatre loved it.

So this thing might end up being the mirror Last Jedi, with it getting mediocre reviews but regular people loving it?

Interestingly enough, I find it funny that Screen Rant has been shitting on Fallen Kingdom ever since the first trailer, then they proceed to give it a glowing review upon release.

Looks like this thing is going to be pretty polarizing. I've seen a bunch of reviews and reactions and still can't make heads or tails of whether the first or second half is better, whether the characters are weak or strong, whether the tonal shifts are jarring or not.

The only real consistent things I'm reading are that hardcore fans, especially fans of the Crichton novels, will probably enjoy it more than the average moviegoer.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am

Dr. Wu wrote:

A surprisingly fair review considering how insanely negative Dan Murrell was towards the film before it released.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 am

Jurassic World fallen kingdom is censored is some countries! Got the info per Sickleclaw and I saw it with my own eyes...

Nobody on this board has anything to worry about( unless you live farther than I think) but it sucks some moments got snuffed out. The only country I can name for sure is Turkey that has stuff censored per a angry Reddit viewer.
Back to top Go down
jamie_tid
Embryo
Embryo
jamie_tid

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

So this thing might end up being the mirror Last Jedi, with it getting mediocre reviews but regular people loving it?

Interestingly enough, I find it funny that Screen Rant has been shitting on Fallen Kingdom ever since the first trailer, then they proceed to give it a glowing review upon release.

Looks like this thing is going to be pretty polarizing. I've seen a bunch of reviews and reactions and still can't make heads or tails of whether the first or second half is better, whether the characters are weak or strong, whether the tonal shifts are jarring or not.

The only real consistent things I'm reading are that hardcore fans, especially fans of the Crichton novels, will probably enjoy it more than the average moviegoer.

Really, which half is better? That's daft, they are both awesome parts. I loved being on the island, and i loved it at the mansion. They both worked with each other.
Back to top Go down
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantKing4Ever

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 2:00 pm

So parts of Europe has censored the movie, apparently. I don’t know what all got censored over there but some people saw
Spoiler:
while others did not.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 3:04 pm

I feel bad for those who wanted the movie to have good reviews. But what some posters here are saying here is very true...

It seems like to internet critics any sequel that does not equal that exact same "Awe" factor that the original had is considered "not that good" just because of that.

That is arguably the biggest reason why The Lost World get's such a horrible reputation on the internet. TLW did not do anything "wrong" it did not do anything to piss of the fanbase or the general audience it's only sin is having the misfortune of being a sequel and therefore it had the impossible task of once again trying to provide that almost religious experience of watching a dinosaur for the first time.

Now Fallen Kingdom is getting not so great reviews in part for that reason. Critics who are only very casual Jurassic Park fans expect every sequel to give them that religious experience.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 3:52 pm

What's interesting is that a lot of the mixed or negative reviews have called the film out for setting "multiple sequels" in the same vein of a cinematic universe starter and exists merely as a setup film, you'd swear they were talking about Batman v Superman, which was also darker than its immediate Superman predecessor.

Now I'm not saying that BvS and Fallen Kingdom are comparable in quality (at least in my opinion) but these particular critiques really stood out to me. Last I checked, they weren't planning a Jurassic Cinematic Universe, and pretty much anyone who isn't Marvel gets slated for doing just that deservedly or less so.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Well, we already know that, barring something unforeseen, there will be a Jurassic World 3, so I wouldn't exactly blame the crew of Fallen Kingdom for wanting to set that up.

But yeah, other than that, I can't think of anything else that this film could possibly be setting up, so it seems pretty weird to me that anyone would criticize it for trying to set up some sort of universe.

On a side note, Giacchino has finally released a full track from the Fallen Kingdom score.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/07/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-theme-michael-giacchino/

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Boone54
Embryo
Embryo
Boone54

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Hello guys, I'm reading you for long and I'm just coming here because I've seen a lot of you being worried about the bad reviews and the movie's quality.

I've seen the movie and honestly I found most of those bad reviews and hard tweets quite not fair.
The movie has its flaws of course (like all movies to be honest). Though it is very very enjoyable ! A lot more than JW and JP3 in my opinion. My friends and my parents who are fans of JP agree on this too.

So for those who still haven't see it, don't let those bad reviews waste your excitement. The movie worth it !
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Now that I watched it, I can say most of the critics are full of bullshit.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
What's interesting is that a lot of the mixed or negative reviews have called the film out for setting "multiple sequels" in the same vein of a cinematic universe starter and exists merely as a setup film, you'd swear they were talking about Batman v Superman, which was also darker than its immediate Superman predecessor.

Now I'm not saying that BvS and Fallen Kingdom are comparable in quality (at least in my opinion) but these particular critiques really stood out to me. Last I checked, they weren't planning a Jurassic Cinematic Universe, and pretty much anyone who isn't Marvel gets slated for doing just that deservedly or less so.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Well, we already know that, barring something unforeseen, there will be a Jurassic World 3, so I wouldn't exactly blame the crew of Fallen Kingdom for wanting to set that up.

But yeah, other than that, I can't think of anything else that this film could possibly be setting up, so it seems pretty weird to me that anyone would criticize it for trying to set up some sort of universe.

On a side note, Giacchino has finally released a full track from the Fallen Kingdom score.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/07/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-theme-michael-giacchino/

I guess those people don't know about how Universal loses the rights to Jurassic Park after the 6th movie. Not only that, but nobody wants a JPCU. I want this franchise to get bigger and better, but even I don't that.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I mentioned that on Twitter and was told I was being salty.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I mentioned that on Twitter and was told I was being salty.

Being told you was salty means you got a point and just oppened their wounds again.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 6:37 pm

I am neither a D.C. nor a Marvel fan but I agree... It seems like no matter what Iron Man does both critics and the general audience do seem to see no wrong in it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Agreed. Some of these people are insane.

That’s like complaining about empire strikes back because it sets up the finale. Sounds like another complaint from someone who probably praises other setup movie years round.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Okay, soooo...I saw it. And I liked it quite a bit. A big improvement over JW, and probably my third favorite of the franchise (after JP & TLW). So yeah, a lot of this bad reviews are just daft IMO.

BTW, are we going to have a review/discussion thread at some point?
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 pm

I am so sad I have to wait another 12 days to see it Sad , dying to see it now but still staying away from spoilers...
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Okay, soooo...I saw it. And I liked it quite a bit. A big improvement over JW, and probably my third favorite of the franchise (after JP & TLW). So yeah, a lot of this bad reviews are just daft IMO.

BTW, are we going to have a review/discussion thread at some point?

Yeah, I also want a review thread to discuss some stuff with you guys. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Another online reviewer I follow, Matthew Buck a.k.a. Film Brain, said that he was baffled by the fact that The Lost World was still canon to the new movies and thinks that JW was supposed to be a soft reboot. That isn't to say he didn't find other things to be critical about (e.g. saying that JW got worse the more he thought about it and yet it was still marginally "better" than FK), but I'm honestly tired of people being shocked when they find out that JW wasn't a reboot but a sequel.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Another online reviewer I follow, Matthew Buck a.k.a. Film Brain, said that he was baffled by the fact that The Lost World was still canon to the new movies and thinks that JW was supposed to be a soft reboot. That isn't to say he didn't find other things to be critical about (e.g. saying that JW got worse the more he thought about it and yet it was still marginally "better" than FK), but I'm honestly tired of people being shocked when they find out that JW wasn't a reboot but a sequel.

Some of these 'film critics' that can't even be bothered to pay attention to the lore shouldn't be reviewing the film. Just shows their ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm

I'm curious to hear what Chris Stuckmann thinks because he's a big fan of Jurassic Park and likes both TLW and JW.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 4:51 am

I still have not seen the movie and I have a Problem in determining when I will see it (I am Polish, living in Germany and leaving into remote area this Weekend - I Need to do some extra gymnastics to see the movie in fully understandable language Very Happy).

However as far as I browse the Reviews and opinions I see, that what James Cromwell told in the interview months before is in fact true - script does not impress. And I still wonder if Colin Trevorrow Kind of forced some of his ideas onto Bayona.

Nevertheless, I am eager to see it, because I have anticipated this movie. Also, I will see Chris Stuckmann Review later on - I really like his channel and his Jurassic Reviews were the Thing that got me interested in his work Smile

Wish me luck and forgetting all of the Spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 6:30 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I guess those people don't know about how Universal loses the rights to Jurassic Park after the 6th movie. Not only that, but nobody wants a JPCU. I want this franchise to get bigger and better, but even I don't that.

What's the source of the info that Universal loses the rights after the 6th movie?
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:02 am

I became a Chris Stuckmann fan the day that I saw that he is one of the few internet critics that holds TLW in high regard.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

What's the source of the info that Universal loses the rights after the 6th movie?

It's mentioned in the 32:30 mark in this video.

I first heard about that on JPL from a long time member.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 28 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next