Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?

Go down 
+3
dance2nite
Troyal1
The Malone Society
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Empty
PostSubject: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Despite being a fan favorite among fans of the franchise and having a prominent role in non-canon material, in the films the Dilophosaurus has had only one physical appearance so far. And a juvenile at that!

Is the lack of such a memorable dinosaur wasted potential? Should we have gotten more scenes with Jurassic Park's spitter beyond Nedry's death/karma? Would you have liked it if Dilophosaurs got more proper screentime?

What role could you see Dilophosaurs playing in the other movies? What scenes could we have gotten or you wish you had gotten? Share your ideas and your thoughts. How would you have liked the Dilophosaurus to be used?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 pm

YES!!!!!!

My favorite animal of the series. It’s shocking to me that an animal that had such an iconic scene from the original never got another proper scene. If it’s not in this movie(I don’t think it will be besides a statue) I might just give up hope.

I’d love to see a scene of a much bigger one, ideally in a swamp. More of a horror scene.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
YES!!!!!!

My favorite animal of the series. It’s shocking to me that an animal that had such an iconic scene from the original never got another proper scene. If it’s not in this movie(I don’t think it will be besides a statue) I might just give up hope.

I’d love to see a scene of a much bigger one, ideally in a swamp. More of a horror scene.

My biggest complaint about Jurassic World was that there was no Dilophosaurus despite the LEGO sets having one. Thanks for getting me hyped up for nothing, LEGO!
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 am

I really hope we get a surprise cameo in FK or if we don't, hopefully it will have another iconic scene in JW3/JP6!
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:38 am

Yes, they are. I don't know why, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 pm

I think "wasted" is the wrong word, more like it is underutilized in the franchise. Also, did we ever get official confirmation that it was a juvenile in the original? Chris Pugh claims that speilberg wanted dilo small to better differentiate it from the other carnivores.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 11:50 pm

It is really really strange that it has not appeared in any of the sequels considering it is arguably the third most popular dinosaur in the fanbase.

Like, is there a reason for it not being included or something?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 pm

I think saying it was wasted is off the mark, because it served it's purpose in the first film. As for the second and third films, yeah, I'm a little disappointed it didn't show up there. The Lost World I'm sor tof ok with, but with JP3, you can't even argue the Raptors and T. Rex had too much focus again, because the Rex has less than five minutes of screen time, and besides two major scenes with the Raptors, most everything else that attacks or is featured were new animals. So the Dilo could've shown up. Then again, JP3 has always rubbed me the wrong way that it only has 3 expendable characters and two are killed by the Spino within 5 minutes of each other.

JW now, yeah, that was a pretty wasted scene. Nice cameo, but there was no indication of one being in the park, or any still being alive. At least they got some decent scenes in the Telltale game.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?   Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was The Dilophosaurus Wasted?
Page 1 of 1