Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 pm

The boat containing the unconscious doctor Gustavus and his "rescuers" sped further and further away from shore. While the rest of the men slapped each other on the back for a job well done, one man, Devon, didn't feel so elated. He stared out over the railing, at the receding form of the island. Artie had been his friend. And he was dead. Of course, Devon knew that risks were involved in this kind of business- that was just a fact you had to accept sooner or later- but it didn't help to dull the ache in his heart.
"What's the matter, Devon?" That was Jason. The younger man slapped Devon on the back. "That was quite the adventure, eh?"
Devon shook him off. "Leave me alone, man," he growled.
"Woah, woah," Jason said, holding his arms up. "What's the matter with you?"
"What's the matter with me?!" Devon repeated, his voice giving to anger, "my friend is dead, that's what's wrong!"
Before Jason could answer, Kevin, who was steering the boat, called out, "Boys, I just got word from Sorkin. It's almost time for the fireworks."

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Trey rushed into the control room. He was greeted by the bodies of several technicians. Several monitors were destroyed, a bullet having cracked the screen. A wounded Atherton rested in a corner. Trey ran over to him.

"Dr. Atherton! What happened in here?"

"It was Ms. Powers," Atherton managed to say weakly. "She had a gun... shot almost everyone and took Ludlow hostage. I... I have no idea where she went after that."

"Jane Powers did this?" Trey asked, looking around at the body-filled room.

"Stop her," Atherton begged. "You have to stop her."

Dr. Caldwell came in to treat Atherton. Trusting the doctor, Trey sped off to the garage. That's the only way Jane could get Ludlow away from everyone.

By the time Trey got there, it was too late. He could make out the back lights of a jeep heading away from him. However, Trey was determined not to lose them. Eyes searching around the garage, Trey spotted a functioning motorcycle.

Trey quickly got off and sped after Jane's jeep. One way or another, she was not getting away from him.

Ludlow looked back and saw Trey. He felt relieved and hopeful, but then Jane increased their speed and Ludlow was fearful again. What did Jane want with him?
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Arnold both felt and heard the tremendous booms as the tyrannosaur moved about, undoubtedly drawn by the commotion there.
Arnold looked at his companions and saw the fear in their eyes. Without saying anything, he turned and jumped off the edge of the dock. In his moment of panic, that was the only safe place he could think of. He regretted his decision as soon as he hit the water; it was ice-cold. He swam to the surface, coughing up water. Noah was in the water beside him, as was Reynolds. Reynolds’ teeth were chattering.
“Maybe we could have hid somewhere else,” Arnold remarked. It was only then that he realized he’d forgotten something. “Artie!” He exclaimed. The man was still up there, unconscious on the dock.
“Just leave him,” Noah said coldly. He added, “It’s no more than he deserves.”
But Arnold wasn’t going to just leave Artie to die. He grabbed onto the ladder and hauled himself back onto the dock.
“Ray, don’t be stupid!” Noah told him.
Dripping wet, Arnold walked over to Artie’s unconscious form. As he began to speculate ways to get the man to safety, he looked up. The tyrannosaur was looking right at him.
“Oh no.”

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm

The tyrannosaur didn't move, he just stood there and looked down on the humans that he now towered above. Arnold froze, too terrified to do anything. He doubted that anything he did would spare him or Artie from the predator's jaws.

Suddenly, the ground shook once again. And not because of the rex. The sun was only just beginning to rise when an explosion could be heard. The rex, distracted, turned away from Arnold to look upon the nearby explosion. Arnold didn't know what the cause of the blast was, but he took advantage of the rex's diverted attention by dragging Artie's body over the dock's edge, keeping Artie's head above the water as he rejoined Noah and Reynolds.

The rex roared and Arnold heard heavy footsteps as the dinosaur walked off, likely to investigate the new commotion.

"What was that sound?" Noah asked.

"An explosion," Arnold answered. "Luckily, the rex is more interested in it than us."

"But what caused the explosion."

Arnold didn't answer. He had a suspicion, but he hoped that he was wrong. What he didn't know was that other explosions were being set off around the island.

The fireworks had begun.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Derrick stopped where he was when he felt the tremor. What was that? A tyrannosaur? If it was a tyrannosaur, it was close. Derrick decided to find out for sure. He made his way outside, and had a look around. The night was waning. He could see more clearly now. He spotted a man walking down the road. He began to call out a greeting, when the explosion sent him flying through the air. The last thing he saw was the ground rushing up to meet him.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Wu felt the ground shake. This awoke Ruso and Abby.

"What the hell was that?" Abby asked. "Was it a rex?"

Wu shook his head. "No... that was something else."

-

The nursery lights flickered as explosive charges went off nearby.

"Was that an explosion?" Jess asked, shaking.

"Might be," Harding admitted grimly. "Stay here with Kathy. If anyone's hurt, they might need my help. Besides Dr. Caldwell, I'm the closest we got to an actual doctor."

"You're leaving us?" Atlanta asked in disbelief. "Why am I not surprised."

"I'm sorry," Harding apologized. "I want to be with you girls, but I can't always. I have a duty to you two, but also everyone else on the island. If I have the chance to save a life, I have to take it. If I don't do anything, I could be responsible for their deaths. Understand?"

Atlanta nodded. "Yeah... I'm sorry. You're right. Just be careful, please?"

Atlanta hugged Harding tightly and Jess joined her. Harding hugged back. "We're going to be fine," he promised. "If there's anything Nublar taught me, it's that Harding's are tough. And you're a Harding now, Atlanta. Nothing is going to stop me from coming back to you.

Atlanta smiled and she reluctantly let go of Harding. "Good luck."

Harding gave an appreciative nod and ran off. Jess hugged Atlanta.

"What was that for?" Atlanta asked.

"To remind you that as long as you're my sister, you won't be alone."

"Thanks, Jess. Really."
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Derrick opened his eyes. He was aware of a steady throbbing in his head. He reached up and touched his forehead. He felt something wet and looked at his fingers. Blood.
His senses gradually returned to him and he realized he was lying face-down on the gravel path. Everything hurt. His head especially. He tried lifting his head to no avail. His ears were ringing. What had happened? He couldn't form a single thought. All matter of sense and logic were out of his grasp. He was aware of one thing and one thing only: pain.
He tried to call for help, but no words came out of his cracked lips. Panic rose up inside him as he considered the possibility that he may have lost his voice permanently. He moved his arm, and grabbed a handful of gravel. He moved his head slightly, toward the treeline. It was still dark out, but was growing lighter by the minute. Derrick groaned when he saw the shape of a dinosaur at the treeline. It was a raptor. The nine-foot-long carnivore didn't resemble the raptors he'd seen earlier. This one was white and had tiger stripes running down its back. Again Derrick tried to scream for help, and this time a small croak escaped his lips. He tried again, and this time was able to choke out a quiet help.
For whatever reason the raptor didn't come any closer. It stayed at the treeline and waved its arm in the air in irritation. What was it doing? Derrick clearly didn't pose any threat to it, so what was the raptor waiting for? Was it scared? Then realization caved in on Derrick. The raptor was afraid because the building behind Derrick was on fire. Suddenly it all came back to Derrick. The building had blown up, the shockwave sent him flying across the road, he hit his head and was knocked out. And the building was still on fire. Surely, someone would come soon and see him there. Someone would rescue him. Derrick hoped it was soon, because the raptor was looking more hungry by the minute.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Trey heard an explosion behind him and he looked back over his shoulder to see what had happened. His motorcycle struck something on the road while his eyes weren't looking in front of him and Trey was thrown off his vehicle into the air. He gasped and struck the dirt road, groaning in pain as his body collided with the ground.

He started to get up, moving weakly. Jane's jeep was getting farther away with each second. Trey could see smoke over the trees in the early daylight. He wondered what had happened, but right now he had to focus on saving Ludlow. He managed to recover his motorcycle and he got on, hoping that this slip-up hadn't cost him.

-

Atherton had been taken into the medbay. Dr. Caldwell was treating the gunshot wounds when the ground rumbled and the lights flickered.

"What the hell?" Caldwell asked, pausing briefly. He looked at Levine, as if expecting an answer from the paleontologist. When Levine didn't respond, he went back to performing on Atherton. Luckily, the scientist hadn't been shot in the vital areas and was going to live. Which was more than could be said about the other technicians who had been in the control room...

Levine decided that he had to find out what happened. He got out of his cot and passed the unaware Caldwell, leaving the infirmary. The hallways were filled with workers and employees trying to figure out what had caused the explosion and what they could do about it. Without Ludlow, Atherton, or Ruso, nobody knew who to turn to. Panic was beginning to set in.

Levine found a spare labcoat in an unlocked room and he put it on, hoping to blend in better while searching for answers. He passed the control room and he was shocked by the sight of it, dead bodies scattered across the floor in dying positions. Looking around, Levine found a functioning monitor that was flashing red.

The screen read: HURRICANE WARNING

Well, this can't be good, Levine decided. He quickly left the control room before anyone saw him. He had to get to the bottom of this crisis before it completely destroyed operations on the island.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm

The raptor perked its head up, suddenly attentive. It sniffed the air several times, then let out a hiss and fled into the foliage. Derrick watched it go, an odd sense of dread washing through him. He remembered back to the incident with the Edmontosaurus. The herbivores had all fled in a sudden panic.
Derrick tried to move. He started by simply moving his arms into a position where he could then push himself off the ground. That in itself was quite the task, given how slow and uncooperative his limbs were.
Then Derrick heard a sound. At first he thought it was just wind blowing through the trees. Then he realized what it actually was, and a chill crept down his spine. Breathing.
Derrick turned his head in time to see a massive foot step down two inches away from his head. A three-toed foot. Derrick knew it was over. There wasn't even any point in trying to run. But nonetheless, he began to cry for help. His voice had returned to him and he just let off the first cry when the Carnotaur clamped its jaws around his neck and hoisted him into the air. The teeth ripped through the skin on Derrick's neck. Derrick was able to formulate one final thought- one of abject terror- before his attacker bit down, severing his head from his shoulders. And Derrick thought nothing more from then on.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Through a pair of binoculars Laura Sorkin watched InGen succumb to chaos. Everything was going according to plan. With their facilities damaged, their assets free, and their staff without leadership, Site B would soon be shut down permanently and InGen would be in its dying moments. What had begun on Nublar was finally going to end.

"Appreciating our handiwork?" Lewis Dodgson asked Sorkin as she lowered the binoculars. "I think it's a spectacular way to begin a new day."

"If only it could be perfect," Sorkin sighed. "Wu is still out there. He was part of our agreement."

"We'll get him," Dodgson insisted. "It's only a matter of time. Everything's worked out so far. This time, it's InGen that's going extinct."

"I got a call from Ms. Powers," Howard King announced. "She's got Ludlow and she's coming our way."

"It is about time I meet Hammond's successor," Dodgson nodded. "I want him to know who is responsible for his downfall."

"I'm sure you two would get along nicely," Sorkin commented. "Considering your motivations."

"At least I'm more agreeable," Dodgson shrugged. "I was willing to forget what happened on Nublar and work with you to finally defeat our common enemy."

"And then we'll go our separate ways," Sorkin finished. "Just keep your end of the deal and leave the islands alone, since you got what you wanted."

"We already have what we need," Dodgson reminded.

Sorkin nodded. "Soon what InGen did here will be forgotten. Only the creatures they spawned for profit will be left. It'll be a lost world."

"Fine by me," Dodgson said as he turned away. "Let InGen fade away from memory."

Sorkin could hear the cry of Site B's dinosaurs in the distance. Soon this island would belong to them, not Ludlow. Soon the dinosaurs would be left in peace, free to live out their lives as they please.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Wu was awakened by a distant boom. He jerked into consciousness and quickly looked around to ensure there was no immediate danger. None that he could see. Then what was that noise?
Boom! There it was again. It sounded like thunder, almost. Or perhaps a Tyrannosaur walking around its pen. But this sounded slightly different, though he couldn't place what it was...
"Henry?" He turned to see Lori Ruso, her dark eyes filled with confusion. "What is that?"
"I don't know," Wu answered truthfully.
Abby stirred and opened her eyes. She bolted upright and stared at Wu. "What's going on?" she yelled. "What-"
Wu slapped a hand over her mouth. "It's O.K, Abby. Everything's fine," he soothed.
"Well, I wouldn't be so sure about that," Ruso said as she stood up. Wu quickly stood up as well.
"Does that sound like a T-rex to you?" he asked.
"Maybe," Ruso said. Her eyebrows were knitted with concentration. "But it could be something else."
Wu looked out the window and saw that it was early morning. It was still dark out, but less so than it had been last night. "Still no-one has come for us," he said. The fact that nobody had come looking after all this time, troubled him greatly. "Something must have happened, something that's keeping everyone busy."
"Maybe it has to do with that booming sound," Ruso speculated. "Should we see if we can get out of here?"
"Fine with me. Abby? Are you ready to go home?"
Abby stood up. She looked more focused, more sane than she had last night. "Is Lori's arm O.K?" she asked.
Wu looked questioningly to Ruso, but she waved him off. "I'm fine. Come on, let's find a way out of here."
The three of them went outside and walked around the lab. They found a van used for transporting animals. Wu quickly checked inside to make sure there were no occupants, then he, Ruso and Abby got in.
Wu checked for keys but couldn't find any. "I can hotwire it for you," Abby offered. Wu cast a questioning glance at her. "Don't ask me how I know," she quickly told him.
Abby hotwired the vehicle, and soon three of them were off.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Something large stepped onto the road and Wu hit the breaks. A Stegosaurus was in front of them. The dinosaur lazily gazed at the van and Wu honked the horn at the herbivore, which refused to move.

"What's the Stegosaurus doing out of his enclosure?" Ruso asked worriedly.

"And how many more dinosaurs are running amok?" Wu realized. This was even worse than he thought.

"Was it sabotage?" Abby asked. "Like what happened at Jurassic Park."

Wu angrily punched the van's ceiling. "Dodgson! It has to be Dodgson! That bastard must be behind this!"

Slowly the Stegosaurus boredly walked into the jungle, not giving the people any notice. Wu swore in frustration.

"Not again," he said softly to himself. "Not again..."

Abby put a sympathetic hand on Wu's shoulder. She wanted to say something comforting, but she didn't know what. Wu had been through so much more than she had.

"We have to get back as soon as possible," Ruso told them. "It's worse out there then we thought. This is all my fault."

"What?" Wu asked, surprised that she was blaming herself.

"I'm the supervisor," Ruso explained. "Site B was my responsibility and it's falling to pieces."

"You're not to blame," Wu insisted. "You couldn't have possibly expected sabotage, especially since Ludlow had you worked so hard. You did the best you could."

"Those lives are still on me," Ruso said, shaking her head. "They are my staff."

Wu sighed. Ruso reminded him of how he blamed himself for the Nublar expedition after the Incident, which had also gone horribly wrong. Hopefully, the results wouldn't be as bad this time. He started driving forward and he wished that he wasn't too late, though he already feared the worse.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 7:22 pm

"Jane, this is crazy. Let me go!" Ludlow said, ashamed that his voice trembled a little.
"Shut up, please. I'm trying to concentrate," Jane replied tartly. She kept her eyes focused on the road, and her gun rested on Ludlow.
"I can't believe you j-just killed those people," Ludlow stammered.
"No?" Jane said. She took a turn. "I can't believe it, either."
"You're a psychopath," Ludlow accused.
"Keep it up and I'll knock you out. I told you I have to conce-"
Whatever she was saying died on her lips as the imposing form of a tyrannosaurus rex stepped into the road. The gargantuan predator opened its jaws and let loose a terrifying below that defened Ludlow's ears.
"Those idiots!" Jane screamed. "I told them not to free the Rexes."
The T-Rex took one lurching step toward their vehicle.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Jane struck the brakes and tried to turn around before the dinosaur was on them. With her attention on the rex, Ludlow acted. He grabbed Jane's arm and twisted it out of her grasp. Before she could fight back, Ludlow struck her on the forehead and stunned her. He then leaped out of the vehicle and started to run.

Jane realized that she wouldn't be able to turn around in time so she tried to leap out of the jeep as well. But the rex was already too close. In a few steps he was already over Jane and he scooped the woman up in his jaws. Jane screamed and kicked, but only succeeding in annoying the predator. Jaws snapped shut and Jane was silenced forever, her final movements ceasing.

Ludlow didn't dare look back. He saw Trey up ahead and he desperately waved his arms at the maintenance worker. Trey saw the rex and his eyes widened in horror. "Get on!" he screamed.

Ludlow obeyed and jumped onto the motorcycle behind Trey. The rex finished swallowing Jane's lifeless body and he noticed the two men trying to get away. He roared and started making his way toward them.

Ludlow held on tight as Trey furiously drove his motorcycle in an attempt to outrun the pursuing rex. Another terrifying bellow shook Ludlow's ears. He shouted at Trey to go faster, swearing that he could feel the dinosaur's hot breath on his back. Ludlow shut his eyes tight, praying for it to be over. He wished that he could be back in San Diego.

Trey focused on the road ahead and refused to let panic sink in. Their lives were on the line and he was not going to get them both killed.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 2:29 pm

The headlight was damaged, making it difficult for Trey to see the road ahead. But he was pretty sure he was going the right way.
A sharp turn came up. Trey swerved to stay on the road, but the tires slipped on mud. The bike fell over, and Trey found himself falling, and landing in the ditch. He screamed in pain. In the darkness, he looked down at his leg, the source of the pain. He tried to move it, but it wouldn't budge. Must be broken, he thought through gritted teeth. Overwhelmed by pain and terror, he began to cry. The Rex roared in the distance and Trey felt the vibrations in the earth as the predator walked.
"Ludlow," he gasped.
He saw a body lying beside him and crawled over to it. It was Ludlow. The man was knocked out.
"Ludlow" Trey shook him.
Ludlow's eyes opened. He groaned and put a hand to his head. "What happened?" he asked, his voice slurred.
"We fell," Trey told him. "My leg is broken. You have to help me."

[color=#33ccff]

Last edited by TheRexMan22 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Trey heard bursts of gunfire and the rex bellowed in pain. Then the vibrations of earth got fainter and fainter as the rex walked away. Trey sighed in relief. Somebody had come to help them. Thank God.

His relief vanished once he saw the people standing over them at the top of the ditch. In the faint light it was hard to make them out, but their faces were masked and they were well armed. Whoever they were, they didn't work for InGen.

Ludlow surrendered as their "rescuers" kept their guns trained on them. The leader stepped forward.

"Where's Jane?" he asked.

"Inside that rex," Ludlow answered and the leader swore under his breath.

"Shit. Well, the plan is still the same. Mr. Ludlow, you're coming with us."

"Who the hell are you people?" Ludlow demanded. "Who do you work-"

The man smacked the side of Ludlow's head with his gun. "Shut up."

Ludlow nodded fearfully and didn't say another word. Several of the masked people began escorting Ludlow out of the ditch, while the leader looked over Trey.

"Are you going to kill me?" Trey asked, trying to sound brave.

"Nah," the leader decided. "With that broken leg you'll be going nowhere. I have a job to do."

Then Trey was left alone in the ditch. He heard an engine and then there was silence. Trey could now only wait for someone or something to find him. He considered calling for help, which could easily attract a predator. But he had very few options. He shouted, hoping that whoever answered would be human and not dinosaur.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Noah and Arnold had Artie propped up between them. Doing this, they were able to make good time walking along the shore. Reynolds walked ahead of them and kept his eyes out for any danger.
They eventually made it back to the dock. The T-Rex had left long ago; it had also devoured the body of the man Noah shot. The three men made their way back to the car, which was battered and riddled with bullet holes. The windshield was smashed and glass lay on the seats, but Arnold quickly brushed it off.
"Put Artie in the back," he told Noah.
Noah growled and through much trial and error, eventually managed to maneuver the unconscious man into the back seat. Then he took his place in the passenger seat. Reynolds sat in the back with Artie.
"If he wakes up, hit him," Arnold instructed Reynolds. The younger man nodded.
"Now let's get back to the others," Arnold continued. He started the engine, and they drove out of there.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Trey kept calling out, praying for somebody to hear him. Then he was answered, but it was not the reply he was hoping for. It was a hooting sound... the hoot of a Dilophosaurus.

Trey saw the juvenile dinosaur come out of the jungle and begin stalking its prey. Trey tried desperately to crawl away, ignoring the pain in his broken leg. But the Dilophosaurus was slowly getting closer, almost teasing its prey with its deliberate casualness.

Trey was about ready to give up hope, but then he noticed something in the dark ditch... his gun. He reached for it and his guns closed around the weapon. The Dilophosaurus was almost on him when he turned the gun on the predator. The dinosaur hissed and flared its colorful frill. Trey squeezed the trigger. Both human and Dilophosaur fired at the same time.

One missed, the other struck.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm

A wet glob of poison stuck Trey on the lower portion of his face - right into his mouth. He spat furiously, trying desperately to rid his mouth of the vile, vomit-tasting excretion. Heavens, it was bad. He heard another click, and another glob of spit hit the ground next to him. He looked up and re-trained his gun on the Dilophosaurus. He fired six times. The Dilophosaur fled, perhaps wounded, perhaps not. Didn't matter, it was gone.
Trey collapsed to the ground, panting and whimpering. His heart was thrumming in his chest. He thought he might pass out from fear. But he couldn't, or he'd die for sure.
He began to crawl up the ditch, painful though it was. He just had to get to the road; someone would be able to spot him more easily from up there.
It was then, that he heard the sound of a car engine.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Wu saw a body at the side of the road and he hit the breaks.

"What is it?" Ruso asked. "Another dinosaur?"

"No, it's a man," Wu explained, getting out of the van. He ran over to the body, which was barely moving.

The wounded man looked up and Wu recognized that it was Trey Roland. "Wu..."

Wu saw the crashed motorcycle laying in the ditch. He checked Trey's leg and confirmed that it was indeed broken. He also noticed something on Trey's face, definitely Dilophosaurus spit.

"Who is he?" Abby asked, getting out of the van as well.

"His name is Trey Roland," Wu answered. "He's a maintenance worker and he was on Nublar during the Incident. I have no idea what he's doing out here though. Looks like he was attacked by a Dilophosaurus. Help me get him into the van."

"Wu," Trey managed to say, fighting to stay conscious long enough. "T-they have him."

"Have who?" Wu wanted to know.

"Ludlow," Trey barely stated. "Those bastards have Ludlow..."

Trey then passed out from the pain.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Ruso helped Wu carry the unconscious Trey into the van.
"This is out of our hands now," Wu said to Ruso. "We're going to have to call for aid."
Ruso frowned. Some part of her still held out hope that this situation could be rectified. But now that Ludlow was in foreign hands, she had no choice but to acknowledge the severity of the situation. "Alright," she sighed. "we'll make the call as soon as we get back."
Wu's face softened. "I was like you, when things went to hell back on Nublar. I trusted the system. I trusted that it could eventually be straightened out. But I was fooling myself. My refusal to acknowledge that cost people their lives. I'm glad to see that you're not following in my footsteps."
Ruso was touched by his sentimentalism, but they didn't have time for sob-stories right now. "Save it for later," she told him. "Right now we have to get this man to safety."
Wu nodded. Then he and Ruso clambered back into the van, and they drove off into the night.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Ludlow stayed silent as he was forced onto a jeep by his captors. He knew better than to give them a reason to get physical, so he cooperated without offering resistance.

The drive was tense and though Ludlow tried to stay calm, he was fearing for his life. These people seemed to want him alive for now, but that could easily change.

Eventually, the jeep stopped and Ludlow was told to get out. He didn't need to be told twice.

"Where's Jane?" a woman's voice asked.

"A rex got her," the leader of Wu's captors responded.

"An unfortunate loss," the woman's voice said regretfully. She came into Ludlow's view. She wore camouflaged gear and glasses. Her face was tired, but determined. And she was armed. Ludlow's eyes widened in surprise. His mouth dropped open.

"S-sorkin! You're alive! But Wu said you had been killed!"

"That wasn't the first time Wu was wrong," Sorkin said with a smile. She enjoyed seeing Ludlow in this position. "It's been a long time, Peter. And this is long overdue."

She struck Ludlow with her weapon and everything went black.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm

"Has Dr. Wu returned yet?" Norman Atherton asked. His eyes were barely open; he was drifting in and out of consciousness.
Dr. Caldwell shook his head. "I don't think so, Mr. Atherton."
Atherton sighed. "Be sure to let me know once you hear word..."
A guard came into the infirmary, a grim look on his face. Caldwell braced himself for more bad news.
"I found something," the guard said. He walked into the room, and placed a bag on the table. Caldwell noticed a sickly-sweet smell. He walked over to the table to see what was in the bag.
It was a severed human hand, and a name tag. The guard pulled the name tag out and read it aloud.
"Derrick Hoyle."
Caldwell paused. "Derrick Hoyle? He was one of the newbies."
"Looks like the raptors got him," the guard said grimly.
There was a brief pause.
"Where did you find these?" Caldwell asked.
"On the road out back. Someone blew up the maintenance shed too," he informed.
Caldwell nodded. He was aware of the explosions that had gone off all over the island.
"We should preserve his remains," Caldwell said. "Can you do that for me, please? I have to keep an eye on Mr. Atherton."
The guard grimaced. "Sure."
He left, and Caldwell returned to the barely-awake Atherton. "What's this about me?" he asked.
"Nothing, doctor. Don't worry about it."
"What did that guard want to show you?" Atherton waned to know.
Caldwell hesitated before answering. "He just informed me of an attack," he said.
"Another attack? Was anyone killed?"
"No, doctor," Caldwell lied.
"That's good." Atherton relaxed into a light sleep. Caldwell wasn't sure why he had lied to him about Derrick's fate. Maybe he just wanted to spare the older man the grief. He would find out one way or another; why cause him for pain than necessary?

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 am

The Sorna facilities eventually came into view. Wu sighed, relieved to have finally returned to the operations center. The relief vanished when he saw smoke rising into the morning sky. Were the buildings damaged? Had there been some sort of attack?

He parked the van and got out. A worker immediately rushed over.

"Dr. Wu! Supervisor Ruso! Thank God you're both okay!"

"What the hell happened here?" Ruso demanded.

"Nobody's completely sure," the worker admitted. "There was an explosion. Not just here either. Some sort of sabotage, most likely."

"Goddammit," Ruso swore. "I should have never left. Everything's gone to hell. Where's Ludlow?"

"Gone," the worker answered. "The head of public relations, Jane Powers, went rogue. She killed several technicians, wounded Dr. Atherton, and took Ludlow hostage. They drove off in a jeep."

Ruso couldn't believe how downhill things had spiraled. "We have a wounded man. Take him to the infirmary and have Dr. Caldwell treat him."

The worker nodded and he helped Abby with the unconsious Trey.

"This is not your fault," Wu tried to reassure. "Nobody could have predicted this."

"Now's not the time," Ruso told Wu. "Right now I need to focus on restoring order. You should check on Atherton."

Wu nodded and he ran to check on his mentor. He worried about the state of the island. Was history really going to repeat itself? No, that was just Malcolm's rants on chaod getting to him. Right?
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Ruso found the control room empty. Where had everyone gone? She noticed blood stains on the floor. She grimaced; Powers had done more damage than she initially thought. That would have to be dealt with later. For now, she had an announcement to make. She walked to the central computer and got on the intercom. "Attention, all staff and visitors." Her voice trembled slightly; she took a moment to compose herself. Then, she continued: "As you are most likely aware, we are having a crisis. I would advise all of you to return to the facilities at once. If you are unable, sit tight- someone will be along to help you right away. If you are injured... wait for rescue to come to you. Do not approach any dinosaurs. If you see one outside of its confines, leave it. Thank you for your cooperation."
Then she sat heavily in a chair, completely drained. She rubbed her forehead in defeat. What a mess this turned out to be.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Trey was taken into the infirmary, which was reaching its full capacity by now. Dr. Caldwell had his hands full, but luckily Harding had volunteered to help. Wu was relieved to see that Harding was alright.

"Harding!" Wu said. "It's such a relief to see you. How are your daughters?"

"Scared, but unhurt," Harding answered. "They're in the nursery with Kathy. Thanks for asking."

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this," Wu apologized.

"It wasn't your choice," Harding told Wu. "It was Ludlow and Atherton. I won't hold this against you."

Wu remembered that he came here to check on Atherton. "Where is Norman?"

Harding pointed to one of the many occupied beds and Wu went over to check on Atherton.

Abby was asking Dr. Caldwell if he knew what happened to Derek.

"I'm sorry," Caldwell apologized. "His remains were found. We believe he was killed by a raptor."

Abby gasped in shock and covered her mouth. Tears going down her face, she fled the infirmary.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Arnold stopped the Jeep on the side of the road. He let out a sigh of relief; they’d made it. They were alive. “Come on,” he said to Noah and Reynolds; “let’s get Artie inside.”
He, Noah and Reynolds worked together to get the unconscious man indoors. They brought him to the infirmary. Arnold was surprised at how many injured people there were. There was Trey, a maintenance worker; Chris and Mille; and Ruso. Arnold was glad to see Ruso was alive.
Dr. Caldwell instructed them to put Artie on the table. After a quick examination of the injury, he said, “He’ll be fine. The bullet went through clean. Thank goodness. I have too much on my hands. Luckily, that other doctor should be here soon.”
Arnold walker over to Ruso. “Good to see you, ma’am. Is Wu alright?”
“Yes,” Ruso told him.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Wu was talking to Atherton. When he saw Arnold, he smiled.

"You look like hell," Wu told Arnold.

"Been through it too," Arnold responded, returning the smile. "Where have you been?"

"Long story," Wu answered. He noticed Artie's unconscious form. "Looks like you caught that bastard."

"What do you mean?" Arnold asked.

"Like I said, long story. Artie wanted Gustavus and he took him, leaving the rest of us to be killed by raptors. Did you get Gustavus as well?"

Arnold shook his head. "I had no idea Bridges had him. But he was not working alone. Bridges had several accomplices."

"When he wakes up, we'll have answers," Wu decided. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Want to raid a vending machine and catch up?"

Arnold nodded. "Yeah, that sounds nice."

They left the infirmary together.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 pm

"Levine," Doctor Caldwell said. He didn't look at the scientist; his focus was on an injured workman.
Levine stood up and walked over to him. "Yes?"
"I have a job for you," Caldwell said. He slipped a couple of quarters into Levine's palm. "Go get me a Coke, please."
Levine frowned, indignant. "I thought it would be something important."
"It is important," Caldwell said. "I haven't eaten anything for hours. My blood sugar is way down."
"Fine," Levine sighed. He took the coins and left the infirmary. He looked around for a vending machine, but didn't see one anywhere. He wandered around for a while, looking for one. This is stupid, he thought. I don't work here. How am I supposed to find a stupid vending machine? Why couldn't he have sent someone else?
Then he noticed a soft crying coming from the room to his left. Curious, he turned into the room and looked in. There was a woman there - she sat against one of the shelves, her head in her hands. Her long dark hair fell over her face. She looked up when he entered, and quickly wiped her eyes. Now that he could see her face more clearly, Levine saw that she was young - maybe 23. Her appearance was youthful; she had exquisite dark eyes. All in all, she wasn't bad to look at.
"Sorry," Levine said. "I was looking for a vending machine and... I heard you."
"Sorry," the woman said. She wiped her nose.
"No, that's OK. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Levine prompted, taking another step into the room.
"My... my friend. He got eaten," the woman told him.
Levine winced. "Wow, that's awful. I'm sorry... um... what's your name?"
"Abbie," she told him. "Who are you?"
"Richard Levine."
"Doctor Richard Levine?"
Levine nodded, swelling with pride, as he always did whenever someone recognized his name.
"What are you doing here?" Abbie asked. "On the island, I mean."
"Uh... well, that's a good question," Levine said, scratching the back of his neck. "I sort of, erm, snuck aboard a ship and... well, you know the rest."
Abbie's eyes widened. "You mean, you weren't invited here? You came on your own accord?"
"It seemed a good idea at the time," Levine said.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wu was talking to Arnold when Ruso ran up to them. "Wu, we got a problem!"

"What is it?" Wu asked, wondering how things could have possibly gotten worse.

"Monitors are tracking a hurricane heading our way," Ruso explained. "I'm evacuating Site B. I don't want to risk any more lives."

"That's wise," Wu agreed. Ruso was better than Hammond. Better than him, honestly.

"I don't care if the board fires me for this and I don't care if we lose the island, but I am not getting all my staff killed."

"What about Ludlow?" Arnold asked.

"I don't know," Ruso admitted. "I-I'm in over my head. But there are children on this island. The safety of my people and Harding's daughters is top priority. The helicopters will be here in a few hours. I pray to God that they'll beat the hurricane."

"I think this is the right choice," Wu comforted. "And I'll help in any way that I can."

"Me too," Arnold agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next