Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Empty
PostSubject: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 2:23 am

This is not a "How hyped were you for each film?" type of thread but rather about how much hype and anticipation did you notice before each and every one of the Jurassic films.

While I was too young to remember the hype surrounding the original Jurassic Park, I do remember very clearly that the hype surrounding The Lost World was really big. People forget it was supposed to be THE film of 1997. There was TLW merchandise everywhere and the dinosaur fever reached even those who were not that into dinosaurs. Everyone seemed pumped to see the first sequel. (Wich is why I hate the internet myth that nobody ever cared for TLW). Jurassic fever was arguably at it's peak during this time.

The hype for Jurassic Park 3 however was not as big as TLW. People in 2001 still seemed interested in the franchise but the breakthrough factor was not there.

Fast forward to Jurassic World in 2015 and the hype for it was really big because of the huge 14 year gap between JP3 and this one. The nostalgia factor alone made the anticpation for it an event for both the hardcore fans and general public However, I feel it did not bring back dinosaur fever as much as TLW.

Now we are in 2018 with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but... Is it just me or does this seem like the Jurassic sequel with the least amount of hype? Even with social media on it's side and all that. I just don't see almost any hype for this sequel outside of a few hardcore fans on forums or stuff like that. Almost everybody else that I talk to from the casual audience seems to have no clue that another Jurassic sequel was made.
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 4:31 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
This is not a "How hyped were you for each film?" type of thread but rather about how much hype and anticipation did you notice before each and every one of the Jurassic films.

While I was too young to remember the hype surrounding the original Jurassic Park, I do remember very clearly that the hype surrounding The Lost World was really big. People forget it was supposed to be THE film of 1997. There was TLW merchandise everywhere and the dinosaur fever reached even those who were not that into dinosaurs. Everyone seemed pumped to see the first sequel. (Wich is why I hate the internet myth that nobody ever cared for TLW). Jurassic fever was arguably at it's peak during this time.

The hype for Jurassic Park 3 however was not as big as TLW. People in 2001 still seemed interested in the franchise but the breakthrough factor was not there.

Fast forward to Jurassic World in 2015 and the hype for it was  really big because of the huge 14 year gap between JP3 and this one. The nostalgia factor alone made the anticpation for it an event for both the hardcore fans and general public  However, I feel it did not bring back dinosaur fever as much as TLW.

Now we are in 2018 with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but... Is it just me or does this seem like the Jurassic sequel with the least amount of hype? Even with social media on it's side and all that. I just don't see almost any hype for this sequel outside of a few hardcore fans on forums or stuff like that. Almost everybody else that I talk to from the casual audience seems to have no clue that another Jurassic sequel was made.

I have the feeling that this movie is definetely more hyped than Jurassic World. In my opinion JW is the least hyped movie of the franchise, despite it's financial sucess. It had no toys were effort was put in, despite Lego there was nothing to it. The only Video game came from Lego, too.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Yeah, Universal did seem to play it a little safe with Jurassic World in terms of merchandise and tie in material because they were not sure if the film was going to be succesful. But in terms of the attitude of the general public, most people seemed to really anticipate it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
doyouthinkhesaurus
Embryo
Embryo
doyouthinkhesaurus

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 pm

I don't remember the hype for any of the movies. Considering I was born after the first two and barely alive long enough to form memories of the third. But understanding how I felt about these films I'd say the hype for Jurassic World blew me away. It was interesting to see considering where I grew up almost nobody cared about these movies, or hell even movies in general. But seeing how many people actually cared about the franchise and all that blew me away. So if the hype was less for JW I couldn't tell. Though it seems from my perspective that there is less hype for Fallen Kingdom than JW. Perhaps due to the somewhat divisive nature of JW, but who knows.

PM me and we'll talk about vidya and movies.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:31 am

Yeah even if I did not like many things in JW it did show that even after the unpopular JP3 and 14 year wait, the Jurassic hardcore fanbase is indeed very big and that the Jurassic franchise is one of the most famous in history.

I say that because some believe that the Jurassic harcore fans are a very tiny group.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 10:45 am

I remember the hype at JPL for JW was pretty damn reserved. Everyone expected this moderate hit, maybe even a flop, and suddenly there was this huge response, and it was kind of awesome.

I don’t remember anything other than the merchandise for the first two films, which was significant. Meanwhile JP3 was super hyped up in my eyes because I was at Universal Orlando when the film opened. Saw it at the City Walk theater opening day.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 2:08 pm

That's right, the hype among some hardcore fans for JW was not that optimistic because some did not like the Raptors being turned into pets and others did not like the hybrids thing.  Plus, this was a new director  trying to revive a franchise that even over a decade still had the memory of JP3 fresh in everyones mind.

But among the general public or very casual moviegoers there was hype. For them it was the first major thing Jurassic in 14 years.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...   The hype and anticipation leading up to each film... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The hype and anticipation leading up to each film...
Page 1 of 1