Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.

Go down 
+2
Dilophosaurus
jamie_tid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie_tid
Embryo
Embryo
jamie_tid

JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Empty
PostSubject: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 am

As the subject say... which species are compatible within your enclosures?

I don't know if there are any other factors that affect the outcome ie enclosure size, forest to hide in, number of dinosaurs within or their gene splicing etc..

Currently having 0 issues with mixing herbivores. Is there any known problems mixing any species?

I tried various herbivores and carnivores with my Ceratosaurus but he killed them all apart from other Ceratosaurus. Haven't tried with Sauropods because its cruel. haha.

My T-Rex has lived peacefully with Raptors and Dilo's, but no herbivores. Even in a huge enclosure.

Raptors will not tolerate Dilos.

I know its half the fun to find out yourself... but something to refer too would be nice, we need a list! Smile

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 4:04 pm

I think it's best to isolate all carnivore species as from my experience they will just attack anything that moves.

Then I have large enclosures for dinosaurs that can tolerate many other species like sauropods, hadrosaurids and ornithomimids.

Then I have another enclosure for herbivores that can only tolerate a small number of dinos like stegasaurids, ceratopsids, ankylosaurids and pachycephalasaurids with 1 or 2 of each species.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 pm

It seems to me that small carnivores can live with medium and large carnivores relatively easily. I do think they spend a lot of time avoiding the larger carnivores but basically they cant be caught so they are free to live a rather stressful life of avoiding the larger predator.

I generally just segergate each species though, its just easier. Herbivores I'll mix but generally do it by continent when possible.

Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 10:20 pm

I like to mix my dinosaurs by their family group, because typically dinosaurs within the same family have similar needs and wants when it comes to environment, population counts, etc. For example, I stick all the hadrosaurs together (edmontosaurus, parasaurolophus, corythosaurus, etc) because typically they have 20-25 population tolerance and 1-4 social requirement. This helps me build an enclosure to their liking since they are so similar.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 1:26 am

Here's my Population count by islands (Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, and Isla Tacaño)

Isla Matanceros:

Spoiler:

Isla Muerta:

Spoiler:

Isla Tacaño:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:31 am

1morey wrote:
Here's my Population count by islands (Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, and Isla Tacaño)

Isla Matanceros:

Spoiler:

Isla Muerta:

Spoiler:

Isla Tacaño:
Spoiler:

Is it just me or are Brachiosaurus one of the worst species to keep contained? Mine has broken out more times than my T-Rex. Luckily it doesn't kill anyone when it escapes.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
1morey wrote:

Isla Matanceros:

Spoiler:

Isla Muerta:

Spoiler:

Isla Tacaño:
Spoiler:

Is it just me or are Brachiosaurus one of the worst species to keep contained? Mine has broken out more times than my T-Rex. Luckily it doesn't kill anyone when it escapes.

They're really particular about making sure they have adequate forest space, so I just spam-grow forests till they are satisfied, luckily, the other herbivores I keep with them don't seem to mind.

So far, it seems that Brachiosaurs and the Indominus rex are the most picky about their environment. (Though I don't know if this is the issue that Frontier said they would fix in regards to how their comfort levels work.)

However, my biggest issues are my raptors and Dilophosaurs on Isla Muerta because they freak out during storms, and I have to tranq them before they try to escape (luckily I built barriers around the walls they try to break through the most).

The following are just some general tips for people new to the game, or are struggling in certain areas.

Parasaurs and Maiasaurs absolutely must be in groups of 4 at the minimum (and need to be replaced ASAP if one dies), and Chungkingosaurs and Dracorex need to have at least two individuals in a paddock. Dracorex are better being either in a seperate paddock, or in a low population paddock, put them in a big group paddock, and they panic.

Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, Crichtonsaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, Diplodocus, and Edmontosaurus all are rather fine being the sole representative when grouped with other dinosaurs.

Ceratosaurs are fine in groups of two. On Isla Muerta, I had two in a paddock (before I sold them and replaced with an I. rex), with the lowest level fencing (the left paddock in the bowtie design when facing towards the mountains from the ocean), and I never had to worry about them at all, aside from refilling their feeders, and medicating them.

Struthiomimus are fine in small groups (I never really kept them, same with Gallis, except for mission objectives, and then I just sold them.)

Herbivore feeders need to be refilled on a very regular basis in large groups. (On Tacaño, my big herbivore paddock has like 3 tree feeders, and like 4/5 bush feeders. I'm constantly sending rangers over to refill them.)

Don't know much about the other dinosaurs, as I'm currently on Pena, trying to build up money. My starting dinosaur was a T. rex (less finicky than the Indominus which will try to break out of the pre-built paddock). And I'm just letting money build up right now.

It is really tiny FYI, and you're only going to have room for three paddocks (including the pre-built one), the rest of the park just kinda snakes around to the entrance, and there's not much room for else but guest facilities, a ranger station, and an ACU station (besides the pre-built buildings), maybe an extra power station (I tore down the starting one and replaced it with a medium power station).

Also, dinosaur genome settings carry over from park to park, so if you're going to dedicate a park to having color variants (Tacaño is suited for that to get a five star rating), you're going to have to constantly switch them on and off in the Hammond Labs when going between parks. (Luckily you can select the dinosaur out in the field and it will tell you what genomes it is using, so you won't have to worry about forgetting which genome is which.)

Also, another tip, build monorails around the border of the park, and put stations near paddock attractions, and place shops and hotels around them. You'll have 100% satisfaction in transport permanently, and food/drink/shop/fun satisfaction will dance around the mid to high 90s. Also put down emergency shelters in those areas which will boost their coverage to about 94%. Monorails also help with dinosaur visibility, and for my parks they go from around 74% to 90-ish% visibility. (It fluctuates because the monorails move)

Don't worry about storm defense stations except for Isla Muerta and Isla Pena. (Don't know about Sorna, since I haven't unlocked it yet), as they are useless on the other islands.

For Ranger and ACU stations, put two upgrade slots each for accuracy and reload speed, and one for task scheduling. When you manually control them, they shoot practically straight as an arrow.

Tranq'd dinosaurs are pretty much in a "cryostasis" effect, and their health, food, and water will not go down (at least last time I checked), so if you are trying to do a certain mission, and don't want to have to worry about a objective dinosaur dying, any threats can be halted till the mission is over.

Sell all security contract dinosaurs with modified genomes (unless you want to keep them), you'll get a nice amount of money from them.

If you are struggling with power, a substation can use power from two separate stations when connected to their pylons. Also throw on the power load upgrades, and reduced upkeep until you are making good money (as in, you're finances are 100 mil+), then replace reduced upkeep with the upgrade that reduces power outages. At that point, the upkeep isn't going to put any major dent in your finances.

Keep checking your shops/restaurants, as guests will fill them quickly when you have a good size/popular park.

At 1 staff, just sell the first option, 2-3 staff, sell option 2, and at 4-5 staff, sell item 3. (Also applies to the Gyrosphere Station as that has three different options as well.)

More staff means more guests can access that particular facility.

Since guests won't complain about prices, just set the sell price at double what its expense takes. (For example, Barbasol costs 10 dollars, so sell it for twenty).
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:03 am

1morey wrote:

Keep checking your shops/restaurants, as guests will fill them quickly when you have a good size/popular park.

At 1 staff, just sell the first option, 2-3 staff, sell option 2, and at 4-5 staff, sell item 3. (Also applies to the Gyrosphere Station as that has three different options as well.)

More staff means more guests can access that particular facility.

Since guests won't complain about prices, just set the sell price at double what its expense takes. (For example, Barbasol costs 10 dollars, so sell it for twenty).

Oh, I didn't realize we had to monitor the staff level. Maybe that's why I had to build like 5 fast food places in the same small area next to my hotels to get 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Just to add some more:

Stegosaurs are also really picky about the group size, much like Para and Mia. I believe I needed 5 Stegos at any given time to keep their social needs met.

Cerato, Metria, Sucho, and Mujanga can all live in groups of two. I believe the same is possible for Spinosaurs, but dont quote me.

Mamenchi is just like Brachiosaurus, really picky about forest and grassland proportions.

Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:06 pm

So has anyone worked out any carnivore/herbivore combos that work yet?
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Oh, I didn't realize we had to monitor the staff level. Maybe that's why I had to build like 5 fast food places in the same small area next to my hotels to get 5 stars.

Actually the staff size increases the area of effect it seems; when you only have 1 staff the building will only help things immediately around it. However, if you put the max amount of staff then it can satisfy attractions further away. This is quite helpful since it can really save you space from needing to keep building guest services.

As for dinosaurs, any raptors you make must be followed up in quick succession by others or else they will quickly stress and go for the fences. My advice is to incubate 2 or 3 together and release them one after the other.

Most herbivores tend to get along well with each other, however some are picky. The anky in particular has a low tolerance for a large group of dinos so make sure if you have them in a mixed group that it's rather small.

I think carnivores and herbivores together might be a no go in this game, because most carnivores seem to just go on a killing spree even when they aren't hungry and thus will deplete your entire stock of herbivores.

Brachios are probably the most picky dinosaurs in the game so far (have't gotten I.rex so I can't comment on her yet); You seem to need a very wide/deep paddock with lots of forest to keep them happy. I had a brachio/diplodocus paddock on Tacano and every time the brachios would wander to the skinny part of the paddock they would say there wasn't enough trees or grassland.

What Morey said about having around 4 paddocks is true. On Tacano I had 5 paddocks because I planned carefully, but I had to constantly watch the sauropod paddock because the brachios would freak out.

Also as a general tip try not to keep the paddock gates close to each other; if your park is sabotaged your dinos can wander into other enclosures and wreck havoc. Case in point, my raptors were across from my hadrosaur paddock and when my park was sabotaged they walked in and killed off half of the herd.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:53 pm

I was messing around today and discovered that dilophosaurus, T-Rex, brachiosaurus and apatosaurus can all live in the same enclosure without killing each other. The sauropods are too big to attack, and the rex can't catch the dilo, although the dilo occasionally spits at the rex which is fun to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.    JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JWE - Species enclosure compatibility.
Page 1 of 1