Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?

Go down 
+8
Troyal1
brunofernando
Dilophosaurus
Spiegel
CT-1138
dance2nite
owenpratt
#TRexSpinorematch
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:32 am

owenpratt wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I like dinosaur VS dinosaur fights but no more Blue fighting in a heroic way for me. Same goes for Rexy, let another T Rex shine. If they once again do the Rexy and Blue on the side of the good guys then they might as well rename the series Jurassic Avengers: The Adventures of Rexy and Blue.

Yeah, I mean something more like a random fight more than a heroic one. A bit like Carnotaurus vs Sinoceratops, and less like Blue saving the day heroically.

cheers

That I am on board with, many fans want to go back to Raptors and T Rexes being dangerous.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 am

I completely agree on both points. And the fact that the carno actually gets owned during that fight is making it even better haha.
I also want to see some feral raptors and rexes again. Though the FK opening scene got pretty close to that, I admit. Seeing rexy ferociously shaking the ladder in order to make Unlucky Bastard 2.0 fall was fantastic lol.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:20 am

Found the article about Derek Conolly...

http://screencrush.com/jurassic-world-screenwriter-hadnt-seen-jurassic-park/

All I have to say is....whoa... I have to correct myself...He had not seen Jurasic Park, The Lost World, or Jurassic Park 3 before writing Jurassic World....

So that might explain why Jurassic World (and Fallen Kingdom might have felt like just another popcorn summer movie. That might explain why some hardcore fans felt it did not have that Jurassic Park feel to it. That might explain why so many wishes the hardcore fans had were ignored in favor of their ideas, they just had no idea what the fans wanted and less of an idea about what fans love about the franchise and what's controversial about it.

Now we know for a fact that director J.A. Bayona and writer Derek Connolly are not really fans of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:47 am

The Director and writers don't have to be fans of this franchise to make a good movie.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:52 am

But it really helps, even more so when it is sequels of really famous franchises. It's like when you get a new job. You will do much better of you really know a lot about what you are working.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 am

Well tbh I don't really think that you have to be an uber fan of a franchise/property in order to make a good movie. The same thing can be said the other way around tho- the more knowledge you have about the franchise, the better. Bayona seems to be more of a Spielberg fan than specifically a JP fan, while Trevorrow is definitely a fan- albeit, more of a casual one. In my opinion, the combination of both of those delivered a movie that captures the JP feel and adds great directing/cinematogrophy to it (again, this is my opinion- which just shows how divisive the movie is lol).

I do agree that bit about Derek Conolly is pretty stupid- you don't have to be a fan, but atleast WATCH the movies to understand it. This is probably the main reason for Sornagate (Trevorrow's casualness also plays a factor), and I hope Emilly's involvment in the next one sorts things out.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 am

I do agree they need to watch the films at least once before they make their film.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:47 am

^I agree. In fact, in almost all of his interviews Conolly, unlike Trevorrow and Bayona, gives off a "i don't care" vibe, and constantly acts arrogant and full of himself.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
^I agree. In fact, in almost all of his interviews Conolly, unlike Trevorrow and Bayona,  gives off a "i don't care" vibe, and constantly acts arrogant and full of himself.

Somebody needs to fire this man. Not only that, but he's supposed to be the main writer of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid movie. Unless a Metal Gear Solid movie was made like the Burton/Keaton Batman movies where it's strays from the source yet keeps the basics/fundamentals in place, I have no faith how such a live-action movie based on the games can work. Not unless it's the very first 2 games, the one that came before MGS.

Having Conolly as the writer really ensures my hopelessness for such a project.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:45 pm

I don't wish for anyone to be fired but I do still believe that the voice of a very hardcore fan is needed in the creative team. Let's look at the current state of the franchise shall we?

Not only did we have questionable retcons like Spino Skeletongate and Sornagate...but there has been no word on longtime fan wishes like the very popular Dilophosaurus returning and on top of that while Jurassic World made a ton of money it wasn't exactly praised and Fallen Kingdom gets called "worse than JP3" every day....

So my point still stands, in this case in particular you can't just go with writers and directors who aren't really fans.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 2:27 pm

In any other real world job you'd prefer someone that has an interest or knowledge of their job. I prefer a heart surgeon does my heart surgery and not a pediatrician.

You dont have to be a hardcore fan but a semi devoted fan would be far better.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
The Director and writers don't have to be fans of this franchise to make a good movie.

This. 100% this. If all films were made by hardcore fans, they'd be terrible. If hardcore fans wrote the next JP/JW film, we'd get pointless crap like dino rematches.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 3:15 pm

^WUt!? U don want 2 see da ultimat bests batl behtwin da tea wrecks, giantozaurusu, spnasaurio, and charakadonkosaurf?! waT kiEND iF FaN R U!!1!

(I agree with you lol. Although some passion is required, being a big fan of a franchie =/=making a good movie).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 3:52 pm

I think we all agree that passion is definitely needed when making a film. You need to understand the source material while preparing to continue it in your image. However, does it need to be someone who devotes their time to Reddit and Twitter talking about how this and that needs to be changed to make a film good? No.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 8:08 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

This. 100% this. If all films were made by hardcore fans, they'd be terrible. If hardcore fans wrote the next JP/JW film, we'd get pointless crap like dino rematches.

Not really... If we go by that logic then The Force Awakens should have been one of the worst films of all time because it was made by a hardcore fan who grew up on Star Wars. And TFA is not hated or considered pointless. The only thing people say about it is that it was similar to the original. Imput from a hardcore fan does not equal terrible all the time at all.

And look at the current state of the franchise it is far from being great or respected. The current professional writers who are not really fans of the franchise have put some terrible ideas into the most recent 2 films, raptors working for the military? a raptor riding a T Rex Avengers style? Sornagate? The spino skeleton retcon even though it looks nothing like the one in JP3?  And neither Jurassic World nor Fallen Kingdom are exactly praised movies. Jurassic World is mostly seen as a popcorn movie that got some hate due to some questionable things and Fallen Kingdom is quickly becoming the most unpopular film in the franchise because everyone is starting to see that it has too many things in it that make no sense. It is getting called the worst since JP3 way too often now...

But oh boy do not let any hardcore fan anywhere near those scripts because it will ruin that greatness.

I apologize for the sarcasm but my point is still very valid.The professional writers have done some very questionable and unpopular things with those films and some seem to be ok with that while also thinking that input from a hardcore fan (who might know and understand the franchise better) is a huge red alert? How exactly is a terrible idea from professional writers ok, but a terrible idea from a hardcore fan is a big no no? it´s not like both JW and JWFK were Oscar winning praised for being incredibly well thought and logical and a hardcore fan would put that at risk. How exactly would a hardcore fan all of the sudden ruin everything when literally the last 3 sequels have had plenty of terrible ideas put into them already by the profesional writers?

And of course having imput from a hardcore fan does not equal perfection and not every hardcore fan is like the other but most hardcore fans are at least aware of what is and is not popular about the franchise and none of those questionable retcons from those websites would have happened. So I insist, it is wise to sometimes listen to hardcore fans instead of saying everything they think is invalid (See Rian Johnson and The Last Jedi).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2