Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?

Go down 
+4
Jurassic Fan 1994
Dead2009
The Malone Society
#TRexSpinorematch
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 2:49 am

While it is true that there are many fans that were thrilled with the Jurassic World trilogy, it is also not a secret that there are also plenty of fans who were massively disappointed by it given the huge amount of things it drastically altered from the original trilogy (especially the first 2 films)...

It is a very similar situation to what happened with Star Wars, George Lucas made it clear that there was his canon wich was his 6 films and the Clone Wars series, but also allowed for an Expanded Universe of comics and novels to exist as a parallel universe according to other authors, but then Disney declared de Expanded Universe non canon and made the new Disney canon wich was the George Lucas canon plus every movie, book, and comic made by Disney since 2014.

This of course was a huge disappointment for those who for 30 years loved the Expanded Universe stories as an addition to the Lucas canon and of course, an even bigger number of fans all around the world hated how much the Disney movies altered the 6 Lucas canon films.

But at least George Lucas has said that he does not consider what Disney has done to be his canon. Wich in turn gave many fans a more official greenlight to do the same and downright reject the Disney canon and just consider it high budget fan fiction. Many fans had already done this before Lucas saying anything (because it was the only way to save the Lucas story from the plot holes of Disney). But Lucas, the creator saying so gave fans a more official greenlight to do so so to speak.

So fans can pick and choose what canon to like. Some only like the Lucas canon, others like the Lucas canon plus the Expanded Universe canon, others like the Disney canon and dislike the Expanded Universe canon and you get the point.

Would you like Steven Spielberg to just downright say "My canon is just the first 2 films" the rest is the Johnston, Trevorrow canon or something like that? It would be a way to keep most fans happy given how much they have altered the story since Jurassic Park 3 and given how divisive the Jurassic World trilogy has been among fans.

(And yeah I know he probably will never do that since Spielberg is not a franchise man like Lucas but still...)

Thoughts?

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 9:49 pm

My thoughts is that this is just an incredibly toxic mindset.

If Spielberg was to come out and say that his canon is just the first two films, it would completely alienate the fans of the other films by making it feel like those films are inconsequential.

It's like if Disney chose to make the prequels non-canon just because there are plenty of films who don't like the prequels. If you don't like the Jurassic World films, then you can choose to enjoy the films you do like. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

You don't have to make it official and alienate the fans just so you can feel better.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 11:45 pm

The Malone Society wrote:
My thoughts is that this is just an incredibly toxic mindset.

If Spielberg was to come out and say that his canon is just the first two films, it would completely alienate the fans of the other films by making it feel like those films are inconsequential.

It's like if Disney chose to make the prequels non-canon just because there are plenty of films who don't like the prequels. If you don't like the Jurassic World films, then you can choose to enjoy the films you do like. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

You don't have to make it official and alienate the fans just so you can feel better.

Bro I think you really misunderstood my post.

The Colin Trevorrow canon would still include the first 2 films plus JP3 and of course his 3 Jurassic World films.

But wait...You rabidly praise and defend the Disney Star Wars canon when they did just that, alienate Expanded Universe fans by declaring the Expanded Universe non canon, but when I suggest the idea of multiple canons you call me "incredibly toxic" for "alienating" fans.

Sorry but that just seems hypocritical. Calling me "incredibly toxic" for suggesting multiple canons because you are concerned that would alienate fans when you have a history of loving and defending Disney when they did just that, declare the Expanded Universe non canon, alienating the Expanded Universe fans, and not to mention Kathleen kennedy, Rian Johnson, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Pablo Hidalgo who have a history of attacking fans overall (not just EU fans but fans in general). Please explain that one.

And also please, ease out on throwing that word "toxic" around so much, so often and so loosely.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 12:02 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
The Malone Society wrote:
My thoughts is that this is just an incredibly toxic mindset.

If Spielberg was to come out and say that his canon is just the first two films, it would completely alienate the fans of the other films by making it feel like those films are inconsequential.

It's like if Disney chose to make the prequels non-canon just because there are plenty of films who don't like the prequels. If you don't like the Jurassic World films, then you can choose to enjoy the films you do like. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

You don't have to make it official and alienate the fans just so you can feel better.

Bro I think you really misunderstood my post.

The Colin Trevorrow canon would still include the first 2 films plus JP3 and of course his 3 Jurassic World films.

But wait...You rabidly praise and defend the Disney Star Wars canon when they did just that, alienate Expanded Universe fans by declaring the Expanded Universe non canon, but when I suggest the idea of multiple canons you call me "incredibly toxic" for "alienating" fans.

Sorry but that just seems hypocritical. Calling me "incredibly toxic" for suggesting multiple canons because you are concerned that would alienate fans when you have a history of loving and defending Disney when they did just that, declare the Expanded Universe non canon, alienating the Expanded Universe fans, and not to mention Kathleen kennedy, Rian Johnson, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Pablo Hidalgo who have a history of attacking fans overall (not just EU fans but fans in general). Please explain that one.

And also please, ease out on throwing that word "toxic" around so much, so often and so loosely.

I didn't call you "incredibly toxic." I said that the mindset was "incredibly toxic." So great job misquoting me.

And I'm not being hypocritical. I can still enjoy new Star Wars stories while both understanding the decision to make the EU non-canon and the reasons that alienated a lot of people. I enjoy both the old canon and the new canon, I think they both have value. I do think the decision could have been handled better to reach a middle ground, but that alienation of Star Wars fans is part of where I am coming from for this. So once again great job misquoting me.

This is also the reason why I'm against a Rex/Spino rematch that is solely there for the Spinosaurus to get killed. Because it would alienate fans who do like Jurassic Park III and the Spinosaurus, fans who wouldn't be happy to see the Spino return only to be killed to please the Rex fans. Some of these fans might have been introduced to the franchise through Jurassic Park III and thus the Spino holds a special place in their hears. Their experiences and opinions are just as valid.

So no, I did not misunderstand your post. You clearly want the sequels you don't like to not be part of the "official canon" so that you can feel more validated at the expense of other fans who went into these films treating them like they were an official continuation of the same story. There is no reason for this to be done other than to pander to the haters who weren't going to treat these films as canon anyway.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 1:13 am

The Malone Society wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
The Malone Society wrote:
My thoughts is that this is just an incredibly toxic mindset.

If Spielberg was to come out and say that his canon is just the first two films, it would completely alienate the fans of the other films by making it feel like those films are inconsequential.

It's like if Disney chose to make the prequels non-canon just because there are plenty of films who don't like the prequels. If you don't like the Jurassic World films, then you can choose to enjoy the films you do like. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

You don't have to make it official and alienate the fans just so you can feel better.

Bro I think you really misunderstood my post.

The Colin Trevorrow canon would still include the first 2 films plus JP3 and of course his 3 Jurassic World films.

But wait...You rabidly praise and defend the Disney Star Wars canon when they did just that, alienate Expanded Universe fans by declaring the Expanded Universe non canon, but when I suggest the idea of multiple canons you call me "incredibly toxic" for "alienating" fans.

Sorry but that just seems hypocritical. Calling me "incredibly toxic" for suggesting multiple canons because you are concerned that would alienate fans when you have a history of loving and defending Disney when they did just that, declare the Expanded Universe non canon, alienating the Expanded Universe fans, and not to mention Kathleen kennedy, Rian Johnson, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Pablo Hidalgo who have a history of attacking fans overall (not just EU fans but fans in general). Please explain that one.

And also please, ease out on throwing that word "toxic" around so much, so often and so loosely.

I didn't call you "incredibly toxic." I said that the mindset was "incredibly toxic." So great job misquoting me.

And I'm not being hypocritical. I can still enjoy new Star Wars stories while both understanding the decision to make the EU non-canon and the reasons that alienated a lot of people. I enjoy both the old canon and the new canon, I think they both have value. I do think the decision could have been handled better to reach a middle ground, but that alienation of Star Wars fans is part of where I am coming from for this. So once again great job misquoting me.

This is also the reason why I'm against a Rex/Spino rematch that is solely there for the Spinosaurus to get killed. Because it would alienate fans who do like Jurassic Park III and the Spinosaurus, fans who wouldn't be happy to see the Spino return only to be killed to please the Rex fans. Some of these fans might have been introduced to the franchise through Jurassic Park III and thus the Spino holds a special place in their hears. Their experiences and opinions are just as valid.

So no, I did not misunderstand your post. You clearly want the sequels you don't like to not be part of the "official canon" so that you can feel more validated at the expense of other fans who went into these films treating them like they were an official continuation of the same story. There is no reason for this to be done other than to pander to the haters who weren't going to treat these films as canon anyway.

And nice job of you deflecting the validity of what I am saying on a small semantic. You did not call me "Incredibly toxic", just the mindset I was presenting. Ok.... I did not "misquote" you. I meant to say that by making such a overly harsh comment on another person's idea, you are also by extention calling into question their character. The "mindset" is being put forward by a person.

And my other point still stands. Yes you misunderstood everything I said, not only that but due to your attitude what I get is the vibe that you are responding out of bitterness. Wich is something that I have seen you do before when you see someone not be positive about Disney Star Wars.

My point was declaring multiple canons, Spielberg canon, Trevorrow canon and even Jurassic Expanded Universe canon (those comics from 1995). So that they are ALL VALID and fans can pick and choose. My point was not declaring anything not JP or TLW as non canon but rather a different canon. George Lucas already did this before, he did not consider the Expanded Universe to really his canon but allowed it to exist as a valid parallel canon to his story. Same thing I am suggesting. But you are misrepresenting and misinterpreting what I said in the worst way when I was trying to suggest something that might make opposing sides happy.

What you do is called fallacy of the straw man, assuming a lot of negative things about the other person and mixing them up with what the other person is actually arguing in order for you to make your attack easier. You also use the ad hominem fallacy, making the other person look bad instead of adressing the argument.

And for all your talk of me "misquoting" you I am going to quote you exactly. Your quote:

"If Spielberg was to come out and say that his canon is just the first two films, it would completely alienate the fans of the other films by making it feel like those films are inconsequential.

It's like if Disney chose to make the prequels non-canon just because there are plenty of films who don't like the prequels. If you don't like the Jurassic World films, then you can choose to enjoy the films you do like. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

You don't have to make it official and alienate the fans just so you can feel better."

Your argument seems to be that you do not see in a positive light the whole declaring something non canon because you are concerned that fans might feel alienated. Yet you do not seem to see that what I proposed was MULTIPLE CANONS. not non canons.

Yet you were also ok with Disney declaring the EU not canon and overwriting it completely. Your exact quote:

"I can still enjoy new Star Wars stories while both understanding the decision to make the EU non-canon and the reasons that alienated a lot of people. I enjoy both the old canon and the new canon, I think they both have value. I do think the decision could have been handled better to reach a middle ground, but that alienation of Star Wars fans is part of where I am coming from for this"

You are essentially saying you dislike the idea of multiple canons or non canons in Jurassic because it would "alienate fans" while also saying that you like the multiple canons and non canons of Star Wars despite knowing it alienated fans.

You also have to understand that you have a history of defending Disney Star Wars, whose employees Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Pablo Hidalgo have a history of attacking and alienating fans, wich is why I felt it was hypocritical of you to now be preaching against alienating fans. I just brought that up for you to clarify because I was perplexed by it.


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 1:33 am

I was not deflecting. That was literally what I said and you intentionally misquoted me.

And no, you are not suggesting something to make opposing sides happy. You are doing something to make YOU happy while alienating the fans of the newer fans by declaring those movies "unworthy" of being part of the same "official canon" as the first two films.

And I did in fact address your argument. You did the fallacy of the straw man, assuming negative things about me while bringing up stuff from other threads just to attack me and make me look bad. That is what you are doing.

And here's the thing about Disney declaring the EU non-canon. They actually had a reason to do that. With establishing their new continuity they were able to tell stories that they wouldn't have been able to in the EU, not to mention that the EU had already been overwritten countless times. My main issue is them discontinuing the old EU with the exception of the Old Republic. I feel like they could have still continued the EU while developing their own universe. One did not have to cancel the other.

But with Spielberg declaring only the first two films his official canon... there is no reason for that. It's not to tell more stories, it's not because Spielberg has given any indication that he is bothered by what the new films are doing. The only reason you want Spielberg to do this is because you want your dismissal of the World trilogy to be validated.

I never said that I was okay with Disney completely overwriting the EU. That's a misquote.

And once again it's not hypocritical of me. Defending stories I like has nothing to do with defending people who are attacking and alienating fans.

HighsoarQuetz likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 2:29 am

The Malone Society wrote:
I was not deflecting. That was literally what I said and you intentionally misquoted me.

And no, you are not suggesting something to make opposing sides happy. You are doing something to make YOU happy while alienating the fans of the newer fans by declaring those movies "unworthy" of being part of the same "official canon" as the first two films.

And I did in fact address your argument. You did the fallacy of the straw man, assuming negative things about me while bringing up stuff from other threads just to attack me and make me look bad. That is what you are doing.

And here's the thing about Disney declaring the EU non-canon. They actually had a reason to do that. With establishing their new continuity they were able to tell stories that they wouldn't have been able to in the EU, not to mention that the EU had already been overwritten countless times. My main issue is them discontinuing the old EU with the exception of the Old Republic. I feel like they could have still continued the EU while developing their own universe. One did not have to cancel the other.

But with Spielberg declaring only the first two films his official canon... there is no reason for that. It's not to tell more stories, it's not because Spielberg has given any indication that he is bothered by what the new films are doing. The only reason you want Spielberg to do this is because you want your dismissal of the World trilogy to be validated.

I never said that I was okay with Disney completely overwriting the EU. That's a misquote.

And once again it's not hypocritical of me. Defending stories I like has nothing to do with defending people who are attacking and alienating fans.

Again fallacy of the straw man...Where exactly did I "misquote" you? If so, how can you be so sure that I did it "intentionally" ? I did not "misquote" you "intentionally", what I meant to say is that when you make such a overly negative remark on an idea, you are also calling into question the other person overall. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

But it seems to me that you are now just throwing dirt just for the sake of throwing dirt out of bitterness.

In fact did you even really read my first post? Read it again and then respond. Notice how my first post talks about declaring multiple canons, not non canons. And yet you insist on saying I just want everything not JP and TLW to be non canon. No, I said multiple canons not non canon. That was the title of the damn post! MULTIPLE canons. The title was not "Hey, take out of the official canon anything not JP or TLW". (Fallacy of the Straw Man).

I very clearly stated that this could be a way to make opposing sides happier because both sides could pick what canon they liked best and both still be official. You like the Jurassic World trilogy? You follow the Trevorrow canon wich is all 6 films. You hate JP3 and the JW Trilogy you follow the Spielberg canon. That was my suggestion. But you took it in the worst way possible and mis represented what I was trying to say.

And you seem to be missing the point about the EU. Yes, I am aware of the reason WHY Disney declared it non canon. That is not the point. The point is not the reasons why Disney made the EU non canon, the point is that your argument is that things can not be declared non canon or multiple canon in Jurassic because they would "alienate fans" yet at you were also ok with Disney doing just that despite you knowing it alienated fans. That was my point, your contradicition. Yes I did read that you were aware that declaring the EU not canon did alienate fans. I know you are aware of that. But in spite of knowing that you still found a way to defend the decision despite knowing it alienated fans and yet you are here now arguing that the same can not be done with Jurassic because it would alienate fans. I get that your point is that you do not want the same thing to happen to Jurassic but it is still hypocritical because you still found a way to defend it and justify it despite being aware that it goes agains with your "But the fans!" rethoric that you are using here.

(Not to mention you do not use the "But the fans!" argument when it comes to how bad this Jurassic World Trilogy been towards T Rex fans).

But back on topic, you essentially said, despite knowing and understanding that declaring the EU non canon alienated fans, you still defended that decision because they had reasons to do it but that you are also against all forms of multiple canons in Jurassic because It could alienate fans.

And no I am not assuming anything about you. You do have a well documented tendency on this forum to demean, deprecate, diminish, disparage and vilify any critic of both Disney Star Wars and the Jurassic World trilogy. That is not my personal opinion but your history (of wich there is factual proof I might add).

Try not to always think the other person is this horrible person is what I am saying.


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 2:45 am

I pointed out how you misquoted me and I know it is intentional because of how you try to deflect it when I do point it out.

And once again, you are doing everything you claim I am doing by saying that I am "just throwing dirt just for the sake of throwing dirt out of bitterness."

As for what you're suggesting... what's stopping fans from doing it now? What's stopping them from considering some films canon and some not? Why does it have to be official when fans can just do it anyway? If anything, it will just give some fans an excuse to invalidate others because the JW films aren't part of the "official Spielberg canon." You already see it in the Star Wars fandom, where fans of the newer films are belittled by the older fans because they consider the Disney canon to be just "fanfiction." Which you even pointed out in the original post: "Wich in turn gave many fans a more official greenlight to do the same and downright reject the Disney canon and just consider it high budget fan fiction."

And once again, I did not say that I was okay with Disney declaring the EU non-canon. I just said that I understood both sides and recognized the nuance. You are continuing to misquote me in order to portray me as a hypocrite. And like I said, Disney had their reasons even if those reasons alienated fans. There is no reason for splitting the film continuity into several canons other than the fact you are bitter that the new films are canon to the old ones.

You even acknowledge that Spielberg would never do this. This isn't about "his" canon.

"You do have a well documented tendency on this forum to demean, deprecate, diminish, disparage and vilify any critic of both Disney Star Wars and the Jurassic World trilogy. That is not my personal opinion but your history."

No, no I don't. All I've done is defend movies I enjoy, point out that toxicity exists, and say that people have a right to their opinions.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 3:35 am

The Malone Society wrote:
I pointed out how you misquoted me and I know it is intentional because of how you try to deflect it when I do point it out.

And once again, you are doing everything you claim I am doing by saying that I am "just throwing dirt just for the sake of throwing dirt out of bitterness."

As for what you're suggesting... what's stopping fans from doing it now? What's stopping them from considering some films canon and some not? Why does it have to be official when fans can just do it anyway? If anything, it will just give some fans an excuse to invalidate others because the JW films aren't part of the "official Spielberg canon." You already see it in the Star Wars fandom, where fans of the newer films are belittled by the older fans because they consider the Disney canon to be just "fanfiction." Which you even pointed out in the original post: "Wich in turn gave many fans a more official greenlight to do the same and downright reject the Disney canon and just consider it high budget fan fiction."

And once again, I did not say that I was okay with Disney declaring the EU non-canon. I just said that I understood both sides and recognized the nuance. You are continuing to misquote me in order to portray me as a hypocrite. And like I said, Disney had their reasons even if those reasons alienated fans. There is no reason for splitting the film continuity into several canons other than the fact you are bitter that the new films are canon to the old ones.

You even acknowledge that Spielberg would never do this. This isn't about "his" canon.

"You do have a well documented tendency on this forum to demean, deprecate, diminish, disparage and vilify any critic of both Disney Star Wars and the Jurassic World trilogy. That is not my personal opinion but your history."

No, no I don't. All I've done is defend movies I enjoy, point out that toxicity exists, and say that people have a right to their opinions.

What? Now you are not even making any sense. I did tell you to tell me where exactly was I misquoting you. How is that "deflecting" ?

I did yell you that I was aware that you recognized that declaring the EU not canon alienated fans, I did tell you that I knew you were aware of that. But you still found a way to defend the decision to declare it not canon by arguing they had valid reaons to do it in spite of how how fans felt, that is still hypocritical because you are also arguing that no canon alterations should happen in Jurassic...because of how fans feel. That is not me misquoting you. That is me repeating what you are saying and calling out that there is still a contradiction there.

And no, you don't simply "defend movies" and "point out that toxicity exists" you do indeed have a bitter and scornful attitude on these topics, you do have a very particular tendency to always dismiss naysayers of both Disney Star Wars and Jurassic World Trilogy as invalid. Heck your posts do come across as if you are salivating to get at Jurassic World or The Last Jedi critics. You also do indeed use the Ad Hominem Fallacy. Thinking that anything done by The Last Jedi critics or Jurassic World critics was motivated by a very evil motive just because they are The Last Jedi critics or Jurassic World critics. Or overall just assuming that every The Last Jedi critic and Jurassic World critic is incorrect and THAT very particular weasel like style of debating that you have is the real toxic thing here.

Just look at your first post here for evidence, I present an idea, you call it "incredibly toxic" and then when I tell you to ease out on always thinking the worst of people you weasel your way out by saying that you were not saying that I was "Incredibly toxic" just my "mindset" and then (with attitude might I add) you tell me that I am somehow misinterpreting you. Ok, so the person is not "incredibly toxic" but the mindset of the person is incredibly toxic? Oooookaaaayyy..... That is a weasel like approach to a debate, like me saying you have the mindset of a theif and then when you reply that you are no theif I just tell you "Nice Job of misquoting me, I did not say you were a theif". Ok...Just your ideas... The idea was put forward by a person. Saying that an idea is so bad is by extention calling into question the character of an individual. So it is wesel like for you to go down the route of painting it as if the other person is wrong for not understanding that you were simply going after the idea and not the person. If I go around telling everyone that your idea is incredibly evil, you will feel your character as a person is being called out and people will indeed be calling into question your character if I went around telling people your idea is incredibly evil.

And go look at our Star Wars thread, go look at our Disney thread. Go look at the "Jurassic World 5 years later thread", Go look at your posts in the "Unpopular film opinions thread". Yes, in all of them you do have a very clear tendency to demean, deprecate, diminish, disparage and vilify any critic of both Disney Star Wars and the Jurassic World trilogy. You do not simply "defend" those movies, you dismiss naysayers of them implying that they are mindless haters with nothing valid to say and you would rather have them all vanish.

Just try to be more mature in a debate and try to be open to the possibility that there might be validity behind what the other person is saying. That is what you do not seem to be able to grasp.


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 3:58 am

I don't dismiss naysayers. I literally looked back at my reply history. I literally said nothing about those who criticize the Jurassic World trilogy in those old posts. Not ONCE. The closest I got was saying that I didn't feel like we need a Rex/Spino rematch. That's it.

And I literally said that it was fine for people to dislike the new Star Wars films. I even said that I wasn't a fan of Episode 9. All I said was that I was exhausted of The Last Jedi hate that I have had to put up with for years, that I was sick of having unrelated conversations having to be turned into debates about why Disney Star Wars sucks, and that I didn't like being belittled and bullied by the haters who attack those that disagree with them, something that I have had to put up with for YEARS now. I wasn't villifying the critics. I was commenting on the haters, because there are haters and they can make fandoms incredibly frustrating to be a part of. I wasn't lumping in every critic with those people, because once again I said it was fine for people to dislike them.

I mean, I did criticize Doomcock. But that's not because he dislikes or criticizes Disney Star Wars. That's because he is a proven liar that spreads disinformation and should not be taken seriously.

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 5:26 am

The Malone Society wrote:
I don't dismiss naysayers. I literally looked back at my reply history. I literally said nothing about those who criticize the Jurassic World trilogy in those old posts. Not ONCE. The closest I got was saying that I didn't feel like we need a Rex/Spino rematch. That's it.

And I literally said that it was fine for people to dislike the new Star Wars films. I even said that I wasn't a fan of Episode 9. All I said was that I was exhausted of The Last Jedi hate that I have had to put up with for years, that I was sick of having unrelated conversations having to be turned into debates about why Disney Star Wars sucks, and that I didn't like being belittled and bullied by the haters who attack those that disagree with them, something that I have had to put up with for YEARS now. I wasn't villifying the critics. I was commenting on the haters, because there are haters and they can make fandoms incredibly frustrating to be a part of. I wasn't lumping in every critic with those people, because once again I said it was fine for people to dislike them.

I mean, I did criticize Doomcock. But that's not because he dislikes or criticizes Disney Star Wars. That's because he is a proven liar that spreads disinformation and should not be taken seriously.

There is factual proof that you not only dismiss naysayers but also demean and vilify them. And I was also talking about your attitude, you do indeed have a bit of an attitude when you debate those kinds of topics (critics of Disney Star Wars and critics of the Jurassic World trilogy). For someone who always talking about toxicity this toxicity that, you do debate with critics of The Last Jedi and critics of the Jurassic World trilogy with quite an attitude thus making debates toxic. The evidence is in this very thread. Right from the get go you had an attitude of scorn and by your second post you were all sarcastic towards me and then you were assuming I was trying to maliciously misinterpret you and overall used the Ad Hominem Fallacy (me being a TLJ critic and thus you thinking the very worst of me or assuming that I must always have some evil intent towards you due to the fact that I am a TLJ and JW critic). That does indeed seem to be your attitude, you do have this "JW trilogy and TLJ critics are nothing but evil so it is my job to put them in their place" attitude.

And if you actually read the "Jurassic World 5 years later" thread you would see that yes, you did imply that there were no valid arguments against The Last Jedi. You were given many valid arguments (that were not simply hate for the sake of hating) in a respectful way and you brushed them all off then treated me like I was just writing mindless hate and yes, you did indeed lump every critic of The Last Jedi as people "one can not win with" (your words). Then you went on a bitter rant on the "Unpopular film opinions" thread once again about how bitter you are about the hate The Last Jedi gets and then on the Disney Thread you trashed Doomcock as a liar (even though he clearly states in his videos that what he reports are just rumors). The point is, you are not as chill as you think you are, you do treat both critics of The Last Jedi and critics of the Jurassic World Trilogy with scorn, bitternes, disdain and disparage.

Your behaviour is much more that of someone who is out for vengance rather than someone willing to have a conversation.

But whatever, this is going nowhere since you never admit that could be wrong nor you see any validity in what others are telling you. So whatever bro, you always do everything right, people are just talking out of their asses and inventing stuff up. Just leave it there, I do not want this thread to be closed because I wanted to see what other fans thought of the original topic.


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2364
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 6:55 am

Okay, I made it clear many months ago that we were going to keep it civil. This is the only warning. Also, stop abusing the upvote/downvote system on posts you dont like. If it continues, im taking it away.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994


Posts : 40
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2021-12-06

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 12:30 pm

We already have multiple canons with the books and comics. I think the films are going to stay as one canon though.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 2:52 am

Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:
We already have multiple canons with the books and comics. I think the films are going to stay as one canon though.

I know we already had multiple canons, I just wish they would make them more clear and more formal (Like Star Wars did).

Like there was the Topps comics canon wich would include the original film plus the Topps comics from 1993 to 1997 wich had Muldoon survive, so The Lost World would not be included in that canon.

We also had the IDW comics from 2010 to 2012 wich I was very fond of but of course they do not line up with the Jurassic World movies beacause of the drug lord in Nublar thing. So their canon would be something like the first 3 films plus the IDW comics.

And of course we have the books canon wich is just the first 2 books.

Then of course the Spielberg canon (only his 2 films) and the Trevorrow canon (the 6 films). I could Include the Johnston canon also (just the first 3 films).

The idea is not to declare something invalid or non canon but rather to allow people to pick and choose from all different canons.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 3:54 am

Apologies. Tried to delete this post but couldnt


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 5:04 am

I sincerely apologize for the double post but I just wanted to say....

If the most recent Jurassic World Dominion leaks are true...Then oh man... Now more than ever do we need Spielberg to come out and say that his canon is just the first 2 films...

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994


Posts : 40
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2021-12-06

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 11:08 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I sincerely apologize for the double post but I just wanted to say....

If the most recent Jurassic World Dominion leaks are true...Then oh man... Now more than ever do we need Spielberg to come out and say that his canon is just the first 2 films...

Why? Because of no Spino vs. T. Rex rematch? As someone who likes the Jurassic World films please explain.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I sincerely apologize for the double post but I just wanted to say....

If the most recent Jurassic World Dominion leaks are true...Then oh man... Now more than ever do we need Spielberg to come out and say that his canon is just the first 2 films...

Why? Because of no Spino vs. T. Rex rematch? As someone who likes the Jurassic World films please explain.

Can't get into detail about the plot leaks for obvious reasons.

But one does not have to dislike the Jurassic World films to understand the many reasons why they have pissed off many fans. They are very obvious and easy to see.

I will say this though...The only way to fix what they have done with Jurassic World Dominion is for Spielberg to just come out and say that his canon is the first 2 films and making it clear that the 6 films are the canon according to Colin Trevorrow. It's the only way to save the first 2 films similar to how many Star Wars fans (and George Lucas himself) only consider the first 6 films (and Clone Wars) to be canon. It's the only way to save them from the hundreds of plot holes the Disney canon created.

And I will also say this again...IF the Jurassic World Dominion leaks are all true, then without a doubt that film will indeed piss off many many fans. Calling it now. You heard it here first. It's over 25 years of experience as a Jurassic fan spesking here.
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994


Posts : 40
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2021-12-06

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 3:20 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I sincerely apologize for the double post but I just wanted to say....

If the most recent Jurassic World Dominion leaks are true...Then oh man... Now more than ever do we need Spielberg to come out and say that his canon is just the first 2 films...

Why? Because of no Spino vs. T. Rex rematch? As someone who likes the Jurassic World films please explain.

Can't get into detail about the plot leaks for obvious reasons.

But one does not have to dislike the Jurassic World films to understand the many reasons why they have pissed off many fans. They are very obvious and easy to see.

I will say this though...The only way to fix what they have done with Jurassic World Dominion is for Spielberg to just come out and say that his canon is the first 2 films and making it clear that the 6 films are the canon according to Colin Trevorrow. It's the only way to save the first 2 films similar to how many Star Wars fans (and George Lucas himself) only consider the first 6 films (and Clone Wars) to be canon. It's the only way to save them from the hundreds of plot holes the Disney canon created.

And I will also say this again...IF the Jurassic World Dominion leaks are all true, then without a doubt that film will indeed piss off many many fans. Calling it now. You heard it here first. It's over 25 years of experience as a Jurassic fan spesking here.

Please DM me and give me all the details on the leaks and why it'll piss fans off.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing


Posts : 566
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Sydney, Australia

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 6:38 pm

You literally cannot compare the the JP/JW Canon to Star Wars Alternate canons. The Legends continuity had literally 35 years plus of content to try and piece together. We are talking 6 movies a few games and a book here and there. Baby sized in comparison and honestly too much of a stretch to even big to be reasonable.

_______________
"Through Victory, My chains are broken"

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4928
Reputation : 139
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 10:24 pm

TRK/TrexKing wrote:
You literally cannot compare the the JP/JW Canon to Star Wars Alternate canons. The Legends continuity had literally 35 years plus of content to try and piece together. We are talking 6 movies a few games and a book here and there. Baby sized in comparison and honestly too much of a stretch to even big to be reasonable.

Officially, no. But at the same time, I can't help but wonder how many people-fans, movie buffs, and sci-fi fans-have already segregated the first two movies from all the others including this one. Case in point, look at how people look at the Burton/Keaton Batman movies as separate from the Schumacher movies. And let's not forget how people consider the first two Terminatior movies as canon while ignoring everything else.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing


Posts : 566
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Sydney, Australia

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 10:31 pm

People segregated JP from TLW, more so in the GA but still it happens. Every individual has their own head canons now. That is where any franchise is at.

_______________
"Through Victory, My chains are broken"

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite


Posts : 702
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 2:38 am

I don't see why fans cannot just have their own canons for any franchise including Jurassic, if you only like the first 2 films, that can be your personal canon & exclude everything else that came after but if you enjoy all 6 films then that's your canon too...

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
Tyrant Lizard


Posts : 1460
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 2:54 am

Why? The World films haven't done anything as drastically franchise altering as destroying Luke's character, blowing up Romulus or changing the origin of The Doctor. Literally no point in decanonizing anything, except to appease bitter fans. If you want better films, I would suggest redirecting your efforts towards pushing for that.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Jpbann10

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 4:43 am

TRK/TrexKing wrote:
You literally cannot compare the the JP/JW Canon to Star Wars Alternate canons. The Legends continuity had literally 35 years plus of content to try and piece together. We are talking 6 movies a few games and a book here and there. Baby sized in comparison and honestly too much of a stretch to even big to be reasonable.

They have one thing in common, different people behind the different canons.

Like the 6 films (and Clone Wars) were Star Wars according to George Lucas, the EU was Star Wars according to Timothy Zhan and other authors, the Disney canon is Star Wars according to Disney.

Similar thing with Jurassic, the first 2 films were Jurassic according to Spielberg, the third was Jurassic according to Johnston and 4, 5 and 6 were Jurassic according to Colin. Heck even the 1990s comics were Jurassic according to Topps, the 2010s comics were Jurassic according to IDW.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Why? The World films haven't done anything as drastically franchise altering as destroying Luke's character, blowing up Romulus or changing the origin of The Doctor. Literally no point in decanonizing anything, except to appease bitter fans. If you want better films, I would suggest redirecting your efforts towards pushing for that.

Come on man...I get that you like the Jurassic World trilogy...But to suggest they have done nothing significant to alter the first 2 films is not only straight up disingenuous but also factually incorrect.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh by saying that but I was just shocked to see you seemingly not being aware of the many things this Jurassic World trilogy has altered when we have explained them here on so many posts and threads.

By the way...Everyone here confused what I was trying to say, I did not say "declare the Jurassic World trilogy non canon" I said "Make multiple different canons so fans can pick and choose.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
Tyrant Lizard


Posts : 1460
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 6:32 am

Nah, the JW franchise hasn't done anything nearly as franchise altering as other franchises mentioned. No sense in wiping out a continuity to appease butthurt "fans" when it would have almost no effect on future media if the creators of said media didn't want it to, aside from Masrani Global acting as the stand in for Ingen and Nublar being gone, which if you decanonize the JW trilogy, that potentially recanonizes the boardroom scene from TLW, which means Nublar is toast anyways. Sorna can easily be repopulated with the dinos from the mainland and BOOM. Back to post TLW status quo without wiping 4 films out of existence.

And why even include JP3? It in particular was a self contained story.

Unless of course it's because you want to retcon a particular dinosaur battle out of existence.

Since we're bringing up Masrani Global, I'll also add that wiping Simon Masrani out of continuity seems in very bad taste to me, considering we're not very far removed from Irrfan Khan's death. I would like his legacy to live on in this franchise.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Jpbann10

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 8:17 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Nah, the JW franchise hasn't done anything nearly as franchise altering as other franchises mentioned. No sense in wiping out a continuity to appease butthurt "fans" when it would have almost no effect on future media if the creators of said media didn't want it to, aside from Masrani Global acting as the stand in for Ingen and Nublar being gone, which if you decanonize the JW trilogy, that potentially recanonizes the boardroom scene from TLW, which means Nublar is toast anyways. Sorna can easily be repopulated with the dinos from the mainland and BOOM. Back to post TLW status quo without wiping 4 films out of existence.

And why even include JP3? It in particular was a self contained story.

Unless of course it's because you want to retcon a particular dinosaur battle out of existence.

Since we're bringing up Masrani Global, I'll also add that wiping Simon Masrani out of continuity seems in very bad taste to me, considering we're not very far removed from Irrfan Khan's death. I would like his legacy to live on in this franchise.

Destroying Nublar in the most literal sense.

Turning Sorna into nothing.

Turning the series from serious, scientific smart and suspensful into super bombastic mindless Fast and the Furious like mixed with Marvel.

Turning T Rexes (the most iconic and fan favorite species) into the therapods that always get absolutely wrecked in very few seconds everytime they face other therapods (if thats not ruining an iconic species then I do not know what is, I am baffled that everytime I bring up this valid point, I get brushed off as if Im saying something that has no validity whatsoever when it is actually the truth). Like making a film about how powerful Godzilla is only to make 4 subsequent sequels and having each and every single one of them be about how Godzilla always gets wrecked by other Godzilla like opponents. I just can not fathom how some people are not able to see something so obvious and blatant.

Turning wild predators into pets and superhero like characters.

Very VERY dumb ideas by villians. Raptors on a war? really? (Compare that to the villians in the first 2 films).

Continuing to make hybrid mutant freak dinosaurs wich can be a wild card in terms of danger and no one would know how to handle them since they are a completely new species.

Gigantic plot holes like having the Mosasaurus being able to get out into Main Street so easily (like that would represent it being able to kill hundreds of people in the park).

Among many others...

Again, I get that you are ok with all of that but to suggest that the first 2 films have not been at least altered is just not that way. It is ok to be ok with the changes, but to suggest no significant changes have been made...Well the evidence very clearly shows otherwise.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4928
Reputation : 139
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 9:05 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Nah, the JW franchise hasn't done anything nearly as franchise altering as other franchises mentioned. No sense in wiping out a continuity to appease butthurt "fans" when it would have almost no effect on future media if the creators of said media didn't want it to, aside from Masrani Global acting as the stand in for Ingen and Nublar being gone, which if you decanonize the JW trilogy, that potentially recanonizes the boardroom scene from TLW, which means Nublar is toast anyways. Sorna can easily be repopulated with the dinos from the mainland and BOOM. Back to post TLW status quo without wiping 4 films out of existence.

And why even include JP3? It in particular was a self contained story.

Unless of course it's because you want to retcon a particular dinosaur battle out of existence.

Since we're bringing up Masrani Global, I'll also add that wiping Simon Masrani out of continuity seems in very bad taste to me, considering we're not very far removed from Irrfan Khan's death. I would like his legacy to live on in this franchise.

Destroying Nublar in the most literal sense.

Turning Sorna into nothing.

Turning the series from serious, scientific smart and suspensful into super bombastic mindless Fast and the Furious like mixed with Marvel.

Turning T Rexes (the most iconic and fan favorite species) into the therapods that always get absolutely wrecked in very few seconds everytime they face other therapods (if thats not ruining an iconic species then I do not know what is, I am baffled that everytime I bring up this valid point, I get brushed off as if Im saying something that has no validity whatsoever when it is actually the truth). Like making a film about how powerful Godzilla is only to make 4 subsequent sequels and having each and every single one of them be about how Godzilla always gets wrecked by other Godzilla like opponents. I just can not fathom how some people are not able to see something so obvious and blatant.

Turning wild predators into pets and superhero like characters.

Very VERY dumb ideas by villians. Raptors on a war? really? (Compare that to the villians in the first 2 films).

Continuing to make hybrid mutant freak dinosaurs wich can be a wild card in terms of danger and no one would know how to handle them since they are a completely new species.

Gigantic plot holes like having the Mosasaurus being able to get out into Main Street so easily (like that would represent it being able to kill hundreds of people in the park).

Among many others...

Again, I get that you are ok with all of that but to suggest that the first 2 films have not been at least altered is just not that way. It is ok to be ok with the changes, but to suggest no significant changes have been made...Well the evidence very clearly shows otherwise.

This is what I meant by saying that people have already begun to separate the first two movies from all the others. You can try and say that they're in the same continuity, but with so many differences, it makes it hard for people to believe that.

For the record, I consider offically ret-conning the rest of movies as simply to impractical at this point. Too little too late. What I am for is this franchise ending with this movie, waiting 7-8 years and starting all over again with new people with fresh ideas who also understands what made this franchise special to begin with.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
Tyrant Lizard


Posts : 1460
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 10:28 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:


Destroying Nublar in the most literal sense.

Turning Sorna into nothing.

Turning the series from serious, scientific smart and suspensful into super bombastic mindless Fast and the Furious like mixed with Marvel.

Turning T Rexes (the most iconic and fan favorite species) into the therapods that always get absolutely wrecked in very few seconds everytime they face other therapods (if thats not ruining an iconic species then I do not know what is, I am baffled that everytime I bring up this valid point, I get brushed off as if Im saying something that has no validity whatsoever when it is actually the truth). Like making a film about how powerful Godzilla is only to make 4 subsequent sequels and having each and every single one of them be about how Godzilla always gets wrecked by other Godzilla like opponents. I just can not fathom how some people are not able to see something so obvious and blatant.

Turning wild predators into pets and superhero like characters.

Very VERY dumb ideas by villians. Raptors on a war? really? (Compare that to the villians in the first 2 films).

Continuing to make hybrid mutant freak dinosaurs wich can be a wild card in terms of danger and no one would know how to handle them since they are a completely new species.

Gigantic plot holes like having the Mosasaurus being able to get out into Main Street so easily (like that would represent it being able to kill hundreds of people in the park).

Among many others...

Again, I get that you are ok with all of that but to suggest that the first 2 films have not been at least altered is just not that way. It is ok to be ok with the changes, but to suggest no significant changes have been made...Well the evidence very clearly shows otherwise.

Dude, you just want to retcon the movies that you don't like. You can justify it however you want, but at the end of the day it's just you being petty.

Believe it or not, I don't care for most of what's come out after TLW either. I liked JW, but I can admit that it was dumb as hell. FK was a train wreck, and JP3 killed the franchise for over a decade. Hell, my 11 year old self cried in the theater when the Rex was taken out by the Spino in JP3, and I was teased unmercifully for it afterwards. You have no idea how bad it got.
Then you know what happened?

I grew up and I got over it.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Jpbann10

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 11:18 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:


Destroying Nublar in the most literal sense.

Turning Sorna into nothing.

Turning the series from serious, scientific smart and suspensful into super bombastic mindless Fast and the Furious like mixed with Marvel.

Turning T Rexes (the most iconic and fan favorite species) into the therapods that always get absolutely wrecked in very few seconds everytime they face other therapods (if thats not ruining an iconic species then I do not know what is, I am baffled that everytime I bring up this valid point, I get brushed off as if Im saying something that has no validity whatsoever when it is actually the truth). Like making a film about how powerful Godzilla is only to make 4 subsequent sequels and having each and every single one of them be about how Godzilla always gets wrecked by other Godzilla like opponents. I just can not fathom how some people are not able to see something so obvious and blatant.

Turning wild predators into pets and superhero like characters.

Very VERY dumb ideas by villians. Raptors on a war? really? (Compare that to the villians in the first 2 films).

Continuing to make hybrid mutant freak dinosaurs wich can be a wild card in terms of danger and no one would know how to handle them since they are a completely new species.

Gigantic plot holes like having the Mosasaurus being able to get out into Main Street so easily (like that would represent it being able to kill hundreds of people in the park).

Among many others...

Again, I get that you are ok with all of that but to suggest that the first 2 films have not been at least altered is just not that way. It is ok to be ok with the changes, but to suggest no significant changes have been made...Well the evidence very clearly shows otherwise.

Dude, you just want to retcon the movies that you don't like. You can justify it however you want, but at the end of the day it's just you being petty.

Believe it or not, I don't care for most of what's come out after TLW either. I liked JW, but I can admit that it was dumb as hell. FK was a train wreck, and JP3 killed the franchise for over a decade. Hell, my 11 year old self cried in the theater when the Rex was taken out by the Spino in JP3, and I was teased unmercifully for it afterwards. You have no idea how bad it got.
Then you know what happened?

I grew up and I got over it.

Not going to lie, I am glad to hear that you at least saw some validity about what I was saying.

I often got the vibe that you never saw any validity in what I was saying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?   Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Anybody else wishes this franchise had multiple canons like Star Wars?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Star Wars vs Star Trek
» The Star Wars thread
» Favorite Star Wars Movie
» This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...
» Head Canons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: