Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Suffice it to say, GH2016 was a hideous SJW propaganda balloon that needed popping soon, and that leak certainly did its job in spilling the beans before Sony could sucker more people in.

I don't think that we'll be seeing any live action GB movie for a long time. The only way how I see another GB movie get made is if the Sony mother company merges the film division with the gaming branch, which would also result in Rothman getting the ax, and the new guy tells Reitman to make GB3 and make GB2016 non-canon. Not unlike how Fox ret-conned X3 and much/most of Wolverine Origins out of existence with Days Of Future Past. And given Pascal's demotion to a movie producer, she'd most likely be fired alongside Rothman as well, or at least have most of her power reduced to the point where she wouldn't cause any damage.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:06 am

Henry Cavill will be in Mission: Impossible 6.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 am

I must wonder, will Mission: Impossible 6 be a better showcase of Henry Cavill's abilities as an actor, and will he be playing an agent or a villain?

Its also quite ironic, Tom Cruise was originally suppose to star in The Man From U.N.C.L.E but dropped out to film MI 5 instead. Henry Cavill was the one to take his place, both came out the same summer just two weeks apart from each other. You can probably recall the box office results. Now Cavill will be working with him in MI 6. Hollywood is weird...

1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 12:56 pm

The new Transformers trailer looked beyond terrible. Like I don't really care for the series but I actually kinda enjoy watching them once. But the Trailer didnt really feel like a trailer at all, the way the girl kept talking to the Camera.

And I'll just come out and say it. It felt like I was watching a transformers commercial that was made to play at a feminist event. So bizarre and forced. Pheraps the strangest trailer I've seen in some time. Even the editing was really bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm

The best thing about the said franchise was the bizarre Rainbow Dash cameo with the guy from Mitchell and Webb in the fourth (?) film. And I only saw that in a youtube clip, as I've never actually watched a Transformers film and never intend to. You know because I'm not a sadist and don't want brain tumor, everything in them looks terrible. And I never even cared for the cartoon series. However, I do hope the new one to be complete garbage so that we'll get funny Half in the Bag out of it. The one episode where they watch first three films simultaneously is still one of their best.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Screenwriter Zak Penn says that the new Matrix movie won't be a reboot.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Robert Downey Jr. will star in 'The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle'.

It's hard to get a better pick then this.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm

It was kinda humorous to read the reactions to this bit of news, with the Eddie Murphy versions of Doctor Doolittle still, apparently, fresh in a lot of people's minds. But honestly, based on what I've read about that film and it's sequel, I might have to confront that wall of nostalgia sooner rather than later. I remember being entertained by it as a kid, but finding Eddie's character very unlikable (even back before I had faculties to judge movies as a reviewer), and I doubt it should be worth the rose tinted nostalgia goggles.

Not a lot of people know that there was a HUGE musical version of Doctor Doolittle featuring our very own Richard Attenborough that was a huge bomb for 20th Century Fox. I've not seen it, but it might at least be worth checking out. And if there's anyone who could provide a straight, earnest adaptation of the original material with a strong A-list presence, it's Robert Downey Jr.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Embarrassing fact: I just watched the original Robocop for the first time. I'm not sure why I've hold out for so long. Anyway it wasn't exactly to the level of Terminator, and there were faults in it, but it was still pretty great. The bizarre level of horrifying violence was downright amazing. Also the typical 80's characters were great and theme song was damn addictive.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:52 pm

The Robocop trilogy was amazing, and the remake was...alright but that felt more like a Judge Dredd movie than it did Robocop.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 5:06 pm

I've heard that the two sequels are garbage and the remake unneeded/worthless, so I'm not sure I want to venture into those. Might be better just to have good memories of it with the original. I've done the same with series such as Blair Witch Project, Poltergeist, Conan, Tremors, Matrix, Pumpkinhead etc
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Back at the imploding trainwreck known as Sony Pictures...

Amy Schumer has dropped out from the Barbie movie, which is also STILL without a director.

If this movie even comes out-which at this point, is highly unlikely given all the problems Sony has-then it was only going to get destroyed by JW2/JP5. It took Inside Out-Pixar's big comeback movie-3 weeks to overthrow JW as the top movie at the box office and even then it was only by $1 million dollars or so. If it took a Disney movie that long to take JW by such a small margin, then the Barbie movie had no shot at all. Besides, if anything else, Amy's big mouth would have sabotaged the Barbie movie anyway.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Is anyone planning to see "life"? If anyone does please tell me if you think it's worth going to see after you watch it.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Is anyone planning to see "life"? If anyone does please tell me if you think it's worth going to see after you watch it.

I'm planning on seeing it based on decent word of mouth, despite my initial badmouthing of the film earlier. As an original film (overwhelming similarities to Alien aside), it certainly deserves more support than it might be getting at present.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 11:33 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I'm planning on seeing it based on decent word of mouth, despite my initial badmouthing of the film earlier. As an original film (overwhelming similarities to Alien aside), it certainly deserves more support than it might be getting at present.
Thanks. Please  tell me what you think. When are you going ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 5:17 am

I will see it. Probably in few months
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 am

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I'm not sure when I'll get around to see it, my hope is to see it in about two weeks time because by then I will be back home and closer to a cinema with a variety of releases. The one I have here is weird in that they only show ONE film for a week with no other options.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I'm not sure when I'll get around to see it, my hope is to see it in about two weeks time because by then I will be back home and closer to a cinema with a variety of releases. The one I have here is weird in that they only show ONE film for a week with no other options.

I lived the first 19 years of my life in a town with single movie theater, with 0-3 screenings per week of single movie. Before it was digitalized, you had to wait up to 6 months of film to arrive all the way from south to Lapland. For example I think I saw Phantom Menace around October or November of 1999 because of that. Additionally, the projector broke in regular intervals and often times the sound cut off. Those were the times.

The other closest theater was 160km away and was equally as crappy. The third closest 300km away
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 4:56 pm

I myself live only a 5-7 minute drive away from a small two-movie theater. It's basic but it's really all that I need. Simplicity is the best thing sometimes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Speaking of theater alternatives
https://hardforum.com/threads/studios-flirt-with-offering-movies-early-in-home-for-30.1928039/unread

As high as this hypothetical fee would be, I maybe would be willing to pay euro equivalent of 30 USD on release day of those rare new films I do care about IF they gave 1080p copy of it I could replay... If everything you got was grainy SD mess of a stream, or even borderline 720p, you might just as well watch it free via putlocker or whatever pirate cam source. I mean some of them are even quite good quality if you're lucky to find decent source. That is, if going to theater ain't option and/or you don't wanna wait till blu/dvd source, legal or illegal

Anyway the flip side (or up side depending on one's viewpoint) of this idea is that it would lead up to pirated HD version finding it's way to the "market" immediately, rather than months later. And for many that would decline the step to pay for premiere even more, unless they really want that theater experience, or specifically want the legal route of on demand purchase. Which I guess most people still would for variety of reasons

Lol writing the second paragraph kinda made me realize how some of the first became immediately redundant, but oh well...
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Robert Rodriguez will direct the remake of 'Escape From New York'.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 1:49 am

Dead2009 wrote:
The Robocop trilogy was amazing, and the remake was...alright but that felt more like a Judge Dredd movie than it did Robocop.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
personally, my headcanon on that is that the story of the original Robocop is how it happened but the visuals and release date of the remake are how it looks and when it takes place (since 2014 is the near-future relative to when the original film was made, to say nothing of the steady and unfortunate deterioration of Detroit in the years between them)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Uwe Boll, who retired from making movies last year, is now running a restaurant in Vancouver, Canada.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Saw it, and surprised to say I really enjoyed it. Probably the most I've enjoyed a movie so far in 2017. 

Don't get me wrong the movie breaks no new ground at all. The characters do some dumb things, and it's fairly predictable over all(a few nice surprises). 

But the characters were actually pretty well developed. And there is one character in particular that has a specific trait that I thought was brilliantly and beautifully put into the movie. They did an extremely good job of making space and the Alien scary. One scene in particular was quite disturbing in the way it mixed space with the life form. And I felt for every character that died or got hurt.   The film was gorgeously shot and the special effects were fantastic. Although I do wish the Alien wasn't 100% CGI. There were moments when I was thinking they could have made some really cool practical effects. 

You guys might not like it as much as I did. But basically I thought it was an Alien ripoff that was mixed with Gravity. But it did both well enough and kept me engaged that I didn't care.

Edit: also I'm 99% sure that the reused spider man 3 footage wasn't even in the movie.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Saw it, and surprised to say I really enjoyed it. Probably the most I've enjoyed a movie so far in 2017. 

Don't get me wrong the movie breaks no new ground at all. The characters do some dumb things, and it's fairly predictable over all(a few nice surprises). 

But the characters were actually pretty well developed. And there is one character in particular that has a specific trait that I thought was brilliantly and beautifully put into the movie. They did an extremely good job of making space and the Alien scary. One scene in particular was quite disturbing in the way it mixed space with the life form. And I felt for every character that died or got hurt.   The film was gorgeously shot and the special effects were fantastic. Although I do wish the Alien wasn't 100% CGI. There were moments when I was thinking they could have made some really cool practical effects. 

You guys might not like it as much as I did. But basically I thought it was an Alien ripoff that was mixed with Gravity. But it did both well enough and kept me engaged that I didn't care.

You're one of the few that liked it. From what I've heard, it bombed pretty hard.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

You're one of the few that liked it. From what I've heard, it bombed pretty hard.

Box office wise it has. The budget was kinda high but it does show. The general consensus I'm getting is a lot of people on other forums atleast liked it. The discussion thread on Reddit is mostly positive. The 4-5 YouTube critics I personally watch gave it pretty good reviews which is what pushed me to see it. Although I gotta say my opinions generally just rarely line up with the critics now a days(Kong skull island). I think the WOM over all has been okay. 

I feel it was really released at the wrong time though, and I thought the way they marketed it sucked. The actual movie feels very different from the trailers(some of which seemed to give it a more up beat tone).

And then I went in expecting to be disappointed which always helps. And many people will be annoyed by it borrowing so much from Alien and the cliches and all that. It just didn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 am

Anyone seen Beauty and the beast? Is it good?
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 2:16 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Anyone seen Beauty and the beast? Is it good?
I've heard plenty good about it from friends, and I believe it. But don't tell Lord Kristine I said that Razz .

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 6:20 pm

In the Jumanji sequel, Jumanji will be a video game instead of a board game.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
In the Jumanji sequel, Jumanji will be a video game instead of a board game.

I remember hearing about that a few months ago, at first I was very annoyed by the changes made (the whole concept of a Jumanji sequel/reboot has never really sat well with me) but in the end it's probably not going to leave a lasting impact. At least they aren't remaking it as in casting The Rock as Alan Parrish, or something like that. The decision to take us into the world of Jumanji does remind me of the Jumanji animated series, and there's a chance the upcoming film could be a fun basic jungle action film. I admit to have a soft spot for those kinds of films.

I'm sure The Rock is sincere in his desire to commemorate Robin Williams and not simply cash in on one of his most famous films, but its fair to say that to most people it just looks like Sony are on a desperate hunt for a franchise. I suppose once we see the trailers, we'll be able to gauge it properly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next