Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 1:47 pm

owenpratt wrote:
New "A Monster Calls" trailer, directed by J A Bayona:

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2016/07/13/87024604/

Looks great to me Smile
Me too!

Makes even more excited for JW2 TBH
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:10 pm

A Monster Calls looks stunningly beautiful & sad, cannot wait to watch it, so happy Bayona is doing JP5!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Pokemon craze will continue on the big screen!

Quote :

Legendary Pictures, home of “Warcraft”, are looking to bring “Pokemon” to the big screen.

Following the instant success of “Pokemon Go”, the studio – who has been interested before in doing a film adaptation of the Japanese game – has reportedly initiated talks with Nintendo to finally get the curious critters in theaters.

Numerous studios have been interested in bringing “Pokemon” to the big screen over the years. At one stage “Chronicle” writer Max Landis was even said to have written a screenplay for a prospective film.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Okay seriously. That monster calls trailer is just amazing. I hope our director can make a JP movie that feels very emotional and beautiful.

On a side note. Can someone please tell me what the soundtrack for the trailer is. The very first part?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:30 am

Our Chris Pratt and Vincent D'Onofrio in the new Magnificent Seven trailer

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 6:39 pm

The Divergent series will end as a TV Movie and a spinoff series.

I know that it's a Hunger Games ripoff, but I never thought that it would sink as low as this.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Holy shit that's hilarious.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 5:36 pm

owenpratt wrote:
New "A Monster Calls" trailer, directed by J A Bayona:

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2016/07/13/87024604/

Looks great to me Smile

I really like the look of the creature in "A Monster Calls"; he's kind of like Treebeard mixed with Megatron (especially with those glowing red eyes) and for a trailer the effects shots are very impressive! I hope this is one of those sleeper hit films, something that gains momentum over time and winds up a decent success thanks to great word of mouth and reviews. This only bodes well for the Jurassic World sequel.

And the Magnificent Seven trailer looks fun; I don't know what to expect from it and I don't think it will necessarily top the original classic western. Chris Pratt looks like he's having a ball in the film, but I had hoped he would sound more like he had "blended in" to his surroundings. There were still shades of Owen Grady and Starlord in his performance; not that's a major turnoff for me, but I would like to see more variety from him.

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Ice Age 5 bombs here in the U.S.A. with just slightly over $27 million. Oversees, it made $183 million.

I'm very surprised this movie bombed so badly. I always thought that the Ice Age movies were well thought of with children/teenagers.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:45 pm

It's pretty much strictly for children now, anyone else who followed the series is probably just tired of them.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:54 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
It's pretty much strictly for children now, anyone else who followed the series is probably just tired of them.

Even so, I never thought the movie would do this poorly. I always thought it had a huge fan base.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Ice Age 5 bombs here in the U.S.A. with just slightly over $27 million. Oversees, it made $183 million.

I'm very surprised this movie bombed so badly. I always thought that the Ice Age movies were well thought of with children/teenagers.

It's made 317 million worldwide, and since the budget was a little over 100 mil, it's essentially a box office success.

David Yates to direct Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2

Quote :

Warner Bros has a sequel to this year’s highly anticipated “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” in the works, and has officially set David Yates to direct.

JK Rowling wrote the script for Part 2 which, according to Yates, “takes the story in a whole new direction” and “introduces new characters”.

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2” is slated for release on November 16 2018, with a third installment scheduled for November 20, 2020.

Yates, who helmed this year’s November 18 release, also directed the final four “Harry Potter” films.

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” stars Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Dan Fogler, Colin Farrell, Jenn Murray, Jon Voight, Carmen Ejogo, Gemma Chan and Faith Wood-Blagrove.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Willam Dafoe has been cast as Ryuk in Netflix's Death Note production.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm pretty excited for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I know the HP hype right now is that new play script "sequel" book to the series, but I'm more interested in the movie. It explores a different place and time in the wizarding world, and for me, that's more intriguing than a regular sequel.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 11:47 am

I too am also excited for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and am planning on buying the short stories book on which it's based on to brush up on my Wizarding World lore. This year has been quite a boon in terms of fantasy movies. There have been many I've enjoyed such as Warcract (despite a number of my friends disliking it) and The BFG, and others that I've avoided like Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Huntsman: Winter's War, and then there are promising looking ones like Pete's Dragon, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and J.A. Bayona's very own A Monster Calls which definitely excites me the most.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It's made 317 million worldwide, and since the budget was a little over 100 mil, it's essentially a box office success.

But most of that was overseas. Here in the U.S.A. it was a bomb.

Speaking of which, this article talks about how the rules of summer for Hollywood are the same despite this summer being a step below last year. (I could even make the argument it was a step below 2014 as well.)
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 5:27 am

In general though if we're looking at the overall numbers, the international box office saved it so technically it didnt flop.

Jonah Hill Thinks MiB/Jump Street Crossover Unlikely

Welp

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Thank god.

Honestly, though, I'm surprised Sony never chose to do a Ghostbusters/Men in Black crossover. Those two series are much closer in terms of humor and tone.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:41 am

evolution_rex wrote:
Thank god.

Honestly, though, I'm surprised Sony never chose to do a Ghostbusters/Men in Black crossover. Those two series are much closer in terms of humor and tone.

I think that would have been better off it it was done in the late 90's via the MIB and Ghostbusters: Extreme cartoon shows.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 9:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
evolution_rex wrote:
Thank god.

I think that would have been better off it it was done in the late 90's via the MIB and Ghostbusters: Extreme cartoon shows.

I came up with a whole idea for this concepts. 100% agree those cartoons would've been a great crossover.

The ideas I had were firstly, the MIB were responsible for Ghostbusters II. Not the story, but the fact the public and the general population sort of ignore the Stay Puft incident and call the guys frauds.

The second was linking the reboot universe to the original, by saying the original films happened, but in a decision to silence the public (not due to not being able to handle ghosts, but actually due alien outcry regarding humans handling ghosts well, and aliens no longer wanting to hide), they neuralized everyone including the Ghostbusters after the events of the video game in 1992, going so far as to give them completely different identities (except Ray, and potentially Egon.) Egon dies in the intervening years, and Ray becomes a cab driver, unable to publicly work with the paranormal anymore (hence his dialogue in the cameo in GB 2016). That also explains certain repressed memories (as MIBII, for better or worse, shows neuralized memories can be restored), like the guy that makes the logo in the subway.

Does it all hold up? Hell no, but I tried.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 5:26 pm

According to this article, the animators of Sausage Party were treated very poorly. Around half of them were not even credited in the movie.

That's a shame. I was seriously thinking of seeing this movie, but reading this changed my mind.

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Not surprising really. VFX teams in general are treated really shitty in Hollywood. Hell, the special effects company doing the effects for the Life of Pi went bankrupt around the release of the film. Here's hoping some kind of union for them will form, but they don't have enough money to risk their jobs like that. It's just disgusting.

I'll probably still see the movie though.

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:12 pm

MissDNA wrote:
Not surprising really. VFX teams in general are treated really shitty in Hollywood. Hell, the special effects company doing the effects for the Life of Pi went bankrupt around the release of the film. Here's hoping some kind of union for them will form, but they don't have enough money to risk their jobs like that. It's just disgusting.

I'll probably still see the movie though.

It wouldn't matter. Most unions nowadays are either too weak to be effective or too corrupt. I'm part of a union where I work and it does very little, if anything, for me.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 6:43 pm

It looks great, glad that guy is doing Blade Runner 2.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dwayne Johnson, AKA The Rock, says that the new Jumanji movie is not a reboot.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 10:09 am

With this recent Jumanji announcement, this is a clear case of Sony chickening out about the whole Ghostbusters remake/reboot debacle and now they think they can claim that this new Jumanji is a "sequel" despite not featuring ANY of the old cast members. Granted, it's better than straight up remaking the original but everyone will still go in knowing that it was originally a remake and it will likely be judged on those grounds. All these other studios seem to be learning the wrong lessons from Star Wars' and Jurassic Park's comeback success.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 11:28 am

Part of me wonders if Sony thinks this can work simply because they have The Rock in it. Granted, he's become one the best actors in Hollywood so far. Far more then Hogan ever could been. But he can only do so much for a sequel that, lets face it, looks like it's going to be a semi-reboot like Jurassic World and Star Wars were.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Mel Brooks says that Blazing Saddles could never get made today.

The Ben-Hur reboot bombs big time.

Mission Impossible 6 is on hold for a while due to money issues.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 10:04 am

I feel like that Mel Brooks article is sort of stating the obvious. Besides the fact the comedy landscape has changed, even in the context of the film using the n-word so freely in a film just won't fly today.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next