Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Cher will be part of the Mamma Mia sequel.

Really Universal? This and continuing to pump money into your crippled Dark Universe is what you call a 'good investment'? You don't ensure that the JP franchise is better and larger, you don't try and make your animation departments better quality wise, but instead you do...this?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 pm

A Mamma Mia sequel will be cheap as chips, unlike the Dark Universe Mummy or any of Universal's other established IPs, however you slice it. So while it's likely to suck it still has enough of a fanbase to come out and see it so that it's likely to make its money back. A sad, naked cash grab if ever there was one.

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:49 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
A Mamma Mia sequel will be cheap as chips, unlike the Dark Universe Mummy or any of Universal's other established IPs, however you slice it. So while it's likely to suck it still has enough of a fanbase to come out and see it so that it's likely to make its money back. A sad, naked cash grab if ever there was one.

Did the last one even make a profit? If so, why did it even take so long for a sequel to be made?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Did the last one even make a profit? If so, why did it even take so long for a sequel to be made?

Yes, the last one made over $609 million worldwide on a budget of $52 million; so it was very profitable indeed. As for why they're making a sequel now? It's nostalgia. that's the only reason I can see them doing for this. From what I've observed, fans of the movie are legitimately interested. But as someone who hasn't seen the film (and been somewhat tainted by the NC review), I don't care what happens to it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Yes, the last one made over $609 million worldwide on a budget of $52 million; so it was very profitable indeed. As for why they're making a sequel now? It's nostalgia. that's the only reason I can see them doing for this. From what I've observed, fans of the movie are legitimately interested. But as someone who hasn't seen the film (and been somewhat tainted by the NC review), I don't care what happens to it.

Hopefully, this one won't make as much money. I've noticed that people have wised up when it comes to taste in movies.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Quentin Tarantino on Weinstein: 'I knew enough to do more than I did'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/19/quentin-tarantino-on-weinstein-i-knew-enough-to-do-more-than-i-did

Welp. This is upsetting. But it fuels my personal belief that most people know about really dark things in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Quentin Tarantino on Weinstein: 'I knew enough to do more than I did'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/19/quentin-tarantino-on-weinstein-i-knew-enough-to-do-more-than-i-did

Welp. This is upsetting. But it fuels my personal belief that most people know about really dark things in Hollywood.

It makes you wonder how much his career will suffer. Those 2 were basically big brother and younger brother. That and Tarantino's last movie, The Hateful 8, underperformed since it was released the same week that TFA did.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 pm

It looks like Geostorm sucks.

G.I. Joe has been cancelled and Hasbro is planning-what else-a reboot.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 3:54 pm

News about Geostorm

It's only going to make $10 million in it's debut.

Brad Jones and his friend Brian tore it apart. Brad himself called it 'The Highlander 2: The Quickening of disaster movies' Ouch!

Appearently, Corey Feldman has had enough of waiting and will do something to being more Hollywood abusers (which include all those pedos) to justice.

Given how Hollywood has been so weak via fewer people seeing movie that are not MCU or Disney-the Godzillaverse, the revived Jurassic park/World franchise, and a few others being exceptions-he knows that this is the best time to do all this.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 pm

"Geostorm sucks"

Also, water is wet and snow is cold. Razz

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Damn, was actually looking forward to Geostorm (I love Day After Tomorrow and was hoping this would be the modern-day remake).
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Michael Bay, along with Andrew Form and Brad Fuller will help produce a Dora The Explorer movie.

If this was an early 2000's Tomb Raider movie, it would be one thing. But this......yeah. With our luck, Dora will get blown up by Megatron. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Rob Zombie will make a sequel to "The Devil's Rejects".

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 10:56 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Michael Bay, along with Andrew Form and Brad Fuller will help produce a Dora The Explorer movie.

If this was an early 2000's Tomb Raider movie, it would be one thing. But this......yeah. With our luck, Dora will get blown up by Megatron. Razz

I really don't get this... why Michael Bay of all people?? Is he getting soft in his old age?

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I really don't get this... why Michael Bay of all people?? Is he getting soft in his old age?
Apparently this has been somewhat misreported.

Quote :
“Update: Paramount has clarified that, while Bay’s production company Platinum Dunes is producing the project, Bay himself is not involved. His production partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller will produce the Dora the Explorer movie. The original story follows.”
http://collider.com/dora-the-explorer-movie-michael-bay/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Lethal Weapon 5 Back on the Table with Gibson, Glover & Donner
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/898925-lethal-weapon-5-back-on-the-table-with-gibson-glover-donner

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Corey Feldman says that he gave the names of child molesters to the LAPD years ago.

I honestly think that the only way this will end is if the FBI conducts a sting operation.

Suburbicon is Paramount's worst world wide debut of all time.

If 2019 isn't their saving grace year, bye-bye Paramount.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 7:33 pm

MGM is ramping up on it's major comeback.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Looks like our days of constantly counting on China to save an underperforming blockbuster are starting to come into question. Even before 2017, not every American film got a release there. The MLP movie of all things isn't even getting a Chinese release.

With MGM and Annapurna being as connected as they are, this could be interesting to see MGM succeed and maybe start to climb up to regain their former glory. Lord knows I'd rather they'd gain a place in the top six major film studios and get Sony out of there. As for Paramount... well, they better have a contingency plan otherwise, as Rhedo said, they'll be down and out.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 7:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Looks like our days of constantly counting on China to save an underperforming blockbuster are starting to come into question. Even before 2017, not every American film got a release there. The MLP movie of all things isn't even getting a Chinese release.

With MGM and Annapurna being as connected as they are, this could be interesting to see MGM succeed and maybe start to climb up to regain their former glory. Lord knows I'd rather they'd gain a place in the top six major film studios and get Sony out of there. As for Paramount... well, they better have a contingency plan otherwise, as Rhedo said, they'll be down and out.

It serves Hollywood right for overlooking all the atrocities that the Chinese government has/still is committing. Richard Gere said that his anti-China stance has crippled his career and I believe him. The big wigs in Hollywood sold their souls to the devil, and they got cheated. Good.

As for MGM, I do see them regaining ground. While I see the new 'proper' T3 movie being a pretty good movie, I don't think it will be enough to save Paramount. Maybe postpone it for a while, but not save it. And , unless Sony Pictures get fused with the game branch to make one giant entertainment branch-with all the current people running the movie branch being purged, of course-I'm thinking that they'll go down with 7-10 years too.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Blockbuster Video has one last store that's active in the U.S.A. and it's in Alaska.

Here's an article that talks about the dark side of Hollywood via sexual harassment and how much of a douchebag Harvey Weinstein was.

Corey Feldman names that actor who molested him, Jon Grissom.

Byran Singer is facing sexual assault accusations again.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 am

I miss video stores Sad

9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I miss video stores Sad

Same. Pretty creepy when you think about huge stores with living people got replaced by Redbox.

Literally a little red box that sits outside another store with a screen on it No

We still have a local video store about 30 min away. I have no hate for Redbox or NETFLIX but i try to give this store as much business as possible.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I miss video stores Sad

Same. Pretty creepy when you think about huge stores with living people got replaced by Redbox.  

Literally a little red box that sits outside another store with a screen on it No

We still have a local video store about 30 min away. I have no hate for Redbox or NETFLIX but i try to give this store as much business as possible.

We also have a few video stores that are locally owned, but they are a few small cites away.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Paramount and Hasbro made a new deal to produce and distribute Hasbro properties.

One of Paramount's last stands. At this point, they really can't do much else.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 pm

The Silver Chair to be Joe Johnston’s Last Film, Shooting Starts Next Winter
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/900813-the-silver-chair-to-be-joe-johnstons-last-film-shooting-starts-next-winter#6oUuTjdiC0BMYGS4.99

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 1:30 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/900813-the-silver-chair-to-be-joe-johnstons-last-film-shooting-starts-next-winter#6oUuTjdiC0BMYGS4.99

Thank God, that rules out him directing JP6/JW3! Razz
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Thank God, that rules out him directing JP6/JW3! Razz

I hope this means Joe gets to go out on a high note, and this proves to be as good as the first Narnia film from Disney, at least!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Netflix has cut all ties to Kevin Spacey.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 29 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next