Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JPLegacy Memorial Thread

Go down 
+46
Cha0ticArch0saur
RolandEden
Mysterious Hero M
Nublar7
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
Spiegel
Levine
Monolophosaurus
evolution_rex
Lord Kristine
Clonehunter
jpsacu
Prowler
Carcharodontosaurus
JVM
Megaspino2
MissDNA
Theta Rex
CloneTrooper101
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Rex Prime
Nedryland
Lost
Raptor_Guard999
Océane
urban ratite
Katana
TRK/TrexKing
Paleoman
Metal Gear Rex
Tarbtano
Troyal1
Pugpunasaurus
Crimsonraptor
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Pokesaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:40 pm

@Mistral, I'm really not sure what you are trying to get at. We know we aren't overly active and we aren't really phased by it either. We have our core member base and that will go up and down, and that's that.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:48 pm

I already said it.

But it doesn't matter anyway, it's not like something could be done to it in any case. The developments will be whatever they will be.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see higher traffic here. I do agree with what you are saying in some cases. I just don't have any intention of aggressively pursuing it for the sake of being the best. If we get 5 new active members over 2 months? I'm personally okay with it. Don't think I don't appreciate your advice and thoughts. I love a good discussion.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:01 pm

TRK wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see higher traffic here. I do agree with what you are saying in some cases. I just don't have any intention of aggressively pursuing it for the sake of being the best. If we get 5 new active members over 2 months? I'm personally okay with it. Don't think I don't appreciate your advice and thoughts. I love a good discussion.

I don't think we should aggressively pursue like marketing it or anything lol. But it would be nice to get the site out there a bit more in terms of this being a fantastic place to discuss JP. 

Again I want emphasize I'm not asking for some contest. But I do yearn somewhat for the glory days of when we had more people to talk to. And I do realize that forums are dying which is very sad for me personally.

Anyway when was the death date exactly for JPL? I plan to write a lengthy piece of how I discovered you wonderful people and the memories I had. As someone with disabilities who can't do much in their "real life" you guys are very important to me.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:11 pm

I agree, you will see more people as more content is released, it will be very hard to get to a JPL traffic standard. I'm not sure. I'd have to check my archives.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:14 pm

@Troya1
June 11th or 12th, I believe the 12th. By my American time zone anyway.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:26 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Troya1
June 11th or 12th, I believe the 12th. By my American time zone anyway.

Thanks guy. Are you on the east coast like me? I just wanna prep for the right day Smile
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:31 pm

Mistral wrote:
You know when I look at the number of joined new members since I registered here four months ago, and see it's only 32, I would be lying if I said that's impressive or even adequate. Also despite being about the same in size, Jurassic Outpost forum still gets the #1 spot if you do a google search for "jurassic park forum". I guess because of the association of that site/brand.

But still, given that forums in 2017 are not the powerhouse they once were, like 10-15 years ago, it's not bad at all. And also, more importantly, at least the active and semi-active community that is here, is quite talkative. Maybe with JP5 the traffic will increase a bit too. Of course getting to JPL traffic levels is probably never going to happen, not here or elsewhere that's not twitter/facebook/etc, but nobody expects that anyway. I think 500-100 by JP5 would be nice, even acknowledging 75% of those accounts would be inactive/non-posting.

This isnt and never was intended to be a competition to anything. It was never a competition on JPL either. If the goal was to be the biggest Jurassic Park forum right off the bat, this place would probably cease to exist especially with social media dominating every asspect of discussion pertaining to film.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
You know when I look at the number of joined new members since I registered here four months ago, and see it's only 32, I would be lying if I said that's impressive or even adequate. Also despite being about the same in size, Jurassic Outpost forum still gets the #1 spot if you do a google search for "jurassic park forum". I guess because of the association of that site/brand.

But still, given that forums in 2017 are not the powerhouse they once were, like 10-15 years ago, it's not bad at all. And also, more importantly, at least the active and semi-active community that is here, is quite talkative. Maybe with JP5 the traffic will increase a bit too. Of course getting to JPL traffic levels is probably never going to happen, not here or elsewhere that's not twitter/facebook/etc, but nobody expects that anyway. I think 500-100 by JP5 would be nice, even acknowledging 75% of those accounts would be inactive/non-posting.

This isnt and never was intended to be a competition to anything. It was never a competition on JPL either. If the goal was to be the biggest Jurassic Park forum right off the bat, this place would probably cease to exist especially with social media dominating every asspect of discussion pertaining to film.

I already answered to this same exact argument couple of posts before. And anyway I think you are overreacting to what I said
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:35 pm

There's no overreaction, really. It's just that social media is the #1 platform when it comes to discussing film. Not sure how pointing that out was overreacting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
There's no overreaction, really. It's just that social media is the #1 platform when it comes to discussing film. Not sure how pointing that out was overreacting.

I already said this as well, very clearly too, but whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 1:26 pm

Oh and by the way, I'm bit also surprised by the way some of you are acting to my remarks considering only recently in October TRK wrote to the main page this:
https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/n846-what-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-mainframe

Quote :
-- We know that a lot of you are remnant members of JPL and do not want to see that community die, so please help!

Both Staff and Member's activity has dropped greatly over the last little while ( It has been a while since I've been around) so I personally want to find a way to reinvigorate everyone's passion once more including the staff!

I know we have a feedback thread but this is a little more dire and needs a thread of it's own. --

Was the situation in October dire or something?
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Mistral wrote:
Oh and by the way, I'm bit also surprised by the way some of you are acting to my remarks considering only recently in October TRK wrote to the main page this:
https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/n846-what-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-mainframe

Quote :
-- We know that a lot of you are remnant members of JPL and do not want to see that community die, so please help!

Both Staff and Member's activity has dropped greatly over the last little while ( It has been a while since I've been around) so I personally want to find a way to reinvigorate everyone's passion once more including the staff!

I know we have a feedback thread but this is a little more dire and needs a thread of it's own. --

Was the situation in October dire or something?

The site pretty much died in October. Now its sorta coming back thanks to the JW2 news influx.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Well, that just proves my point.

Mistral wrote:
It's a nice thought, but nice thoughts don't always reflect reality. If Jurassic Outpost (or whatever else source) gets majority of the traffic in the future, or even if no-one gets traffic, this site will continue being what it is now. Which is fine, but even bigger places have died when activity has eventually plummeted down. Active members don't stay active forever in small communities. That might take years of course, but I've seen it happen too many times.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Again, what does it matter what Jurassic Outpost does....it's not a competition...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Again, you are not reading/getting what I'm saying, only taking bits and pieces out of context.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:06 pm

If anybody is interested, I'm currently working on bringing back the Costume Guides: http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
If anybody is interested, I'm currently working on bringing back the Costume Guides: http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14

Thanks man !
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 1:26 am

Well, I just gave up on Jurassic Role Play and Live the Legend Redux officially. Overall there is lack of interest aside from a very select few. Its simply too much work for me with so little reward. I suppose its a bit selfish but the amount of time used to try to get players to join and be active just isnt paying off.

So, although many wont care much, I'm saying goodbye to LTL again. Its sad to me, it was my favorite part of JPL and I wanted it back so bad. It seems its about time to let sleeping dogs lie.

CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Just republished my personal favorite costume guide! Now even MORE accurate! Very Happy http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 5:48 am

A year on and shockingly enough we're (mostly somewhat) all still here.

Rather warms one's heart, that does.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 pm

yeah, I'm surprised that we are all still here as well. Well, Mainframe was somewhat more successful then I thought.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 12:20 pm

It is remarkable how such a fairly small group made up of old members lasted as well as it did. I was one of the more recent members of JPL back in 2015. The final full year it was around. I was planning to join a bit sooner via late 2014, but Ty threatened to shut it down it down since people were at each others throats. It wasn't until he made it a closed site, or at least 90% closed, did I become a member. While I wasn't a member until very late in JPL's lifespan, I loved that site. It was wonderful to see so many people be happy about Jurassic World. It sucks that it died, but with all the controversal stuff surrounding it-the rouge admin hijacking it, the Feather Nazis taking over the paleo-corner, and that one guy trying to take it over in March 2016-not to mention Ty's mental health, it's amazing that JPL lasted as long as it did.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:04 am

Never forget JPL. But the people made the site. And most all of you guys are still alive and going strong!!!

IMDb on the other hand? Savages. Rip
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:42 am

Yeah IMDB....So many threads lost due to that shutdown. A wealth of information gone forever to the point where it was reduced to a list of credits.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

I missed the one year?! Damn you mediocre E3!

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 5:48 pm

I really don't have much to say about JPL that you guys haven't already said. But it really is a bummer as to how much information has been lost, for example I remember a thread with scans of the Stegoceratops computer screen from the movie, and I have yet to see them ever reappear.

TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 11:44 am

Océane wrote:
I really don't have much to say about JPL that you guys haven't already said. But it really is a bummer as to how much information has been lost, for example I remember a thread with scans of the Stegoceratops computer screen from the movie, and I have yet to see them ever reappear.

As said, Jurassic-Pedia is the new home to the encyclopedia and a lot of our old content from JPL that I attempted to bring together for people to still have access to the information and use it as a veritable resource. The goal is to stay away from the community gatekeeper/engagement aspects that I once did as it frankly was what drove me further into the throws of my insanity due to my mental issues and crap genetics in this case. So it is just focus on cataloging the information present and Kristine requested a forum for fan stuff like stories, art, collection pictures, costuming, prop building and things like that. You won't find a general or even a discussion area there to talk about the media. We have kind of moved that to basically social media. Kristine runs the forum, and we have our Social media peeps running that show. I can focus on fact checking and cataloging stuff and be in relative peace.

These last couple months have been difficult due to some unforeseen circumstances. My monitor lizard of 8 years passed at the end of May and I've been battling my depression due to it on and off. Thankfully that started to break as I got a new animal friend, a black cat that I named Ravage after the Decepticon Spy Cat from Transformers.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:12 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Océane wrote:

As said, Jurassic-Pedia is the new home to the encyclopedia and a lot of our old content from JPL that I attempted to bring together for people to still have access to the information and use it as a veritable resource. The goal is to stay away from the community gatekeeper/engagement aspects that I once did as it frankly was what drove me further into the throws of my insanity due to my mental issues and crap genetics in this case. So it is just focus on cataloging the information present and Kristine requested a forum for fan stuff like stories, art, collection pictures, costuming, prop building and things like that. You won't find a general or even a discussion area there to talk about the media. We have kind of moved that to basically social media. Kristine runs the forum, and we have our Social media peeps running that show. I can focus on fact checking and cataloging stuff and be in relative peace.

These last couple months have been difficult due to some unforeseen circumstances. My monitor lizard of 8 years passed at the end of May and I've been battling my depression due to it on and off. Thankfully that started to break as I got a new animal friend, a black cat that I named Ravage after the Decepticon Spy Cat from Transformers.

Sorry about your monitor lizard. Hopefully, Ravage has helped with the healing and that things improve on Jurassic-Pedia. It's nice to know that a lot of the stuff was saved and not lost forever. Hopefully, what was lost can be found, most of it anyway.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Actually my favorite thing I did with Ravage when I got her was I acted like and tried to sound like Soundwave and said "Ravage eject! Operation: Cuddles!" and she ran up to me. It was the happiest moment I have had for a while. She is a wonderful black cat.

1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 19029610

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   1 - JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPLegacy Memorial Thread
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next