Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Horror Movie Thread

Go down 
+22
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
doyouthinkhesaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Scott B
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Rhedosaurus
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Dr. Wu
Hellothasaurus
Spiegel
Raptor Blue
Oshronosaurus
Lost
JPMalcolmDilo
evolution_rex
Troyal1
CT-1138
Pugpunasaurus
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 7:40 pm

The ‘Extinction’ Spreads in 2018

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm

I feel as though I should read the original Stephen King book or watch the Tim Curry 1990 miniseries before taking a look at this. So far, my only exposure to it is the Nostalgia Critic review. Razz

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 pm

The novel is pretty sadistic and revolting, as one would expect from the mind of Stephen King, but the miniseries is a bit different. It's kinda goofy, but in a horrific disturbing way that could only be brought to life by the like of Tim Curry. I'll admit, Tim Curry still creeps me out today, and the miniseires scared be away from drains for a while as a child.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 3:06 pm

"Of course, this is only my opinion, ---"
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3430224/it-heres-rare-remake-actually-feels-necessary/

He's right, it really is just his opinion. The new remake looks like total unnecessary trash and the clown laughable
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Bloody Disgusting has turned into a personal blog so the writers can push their personal agendas for and against certain movies.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Opinions are fine but I think they're taking it a bit too far. There needs to be bit of objective moderation when writing in public media, they're not in discussion forum under user names like we are Smile Articles like that can also lead to corruption
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Mistral wrote:
Opinions are fine but I think they're taking it a bit too far. There needs to be bit of objective moderation when writing in public media, they're not in discussion forum under user names like we are Smile Articles like that can also lead to corruption

I agree. I generally like BD, but they really do push their own opinions sometimes. I remember there was a movie they were pushing called Mockingbird, saying it was amazing, and it was one of that year's best. Their commenters were quick to jump on it being a load of trash. Another thing that bugs me is when they talk about V/H/S/ , a movie I did enjoy, they flaunt how they were supposedly largely behind it's making, and say things like "it revolutionized found footage again". I like VHS, but it's really nothing special.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 am

They also overhyped It Follows, which ended up being overrated to high hell.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 11:59 am

Nerdist.com does similar thing, though I'm not sure for bias reasons. But I go there to get general news anyway, not their "opinions"
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Andrew Divoff Wants to Return for ‘Wishmaster 5’
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3431389/andrew-divoff-wants-return-wishmaster-5/

If anyone had a lick of sense, they'd make another. The first 2 were classics in comparison to the ones that followed.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 am

Roger Corman’s ‘Piranha’ Gets a Title We Can Sink Our Teeth Into
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3431527/roger-cormans-piranha-gets-title-can-sink-teeth/

‘Cult of Chucky’ Will Be the Goriest ‘Child’s Play’ Movie
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3431480/cult-of-chucky-goriest-of-all-childs-play-movies/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 pm

It looks like Universal's planned monsterverse will just be a series of standalone movies.

That's just as well. That idea was never going to work anyway.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 am

The fact that it hasn't crossed their minds that you're supposed to showcase the Universal Monsters together proves that they really don't understand how a cinematic universe is supposed to work. Say what you will about DC, but at least they realize that seeing their superheroes together on the big screen is appealing (and financially successful). Now execution is where it all comes apart, but at least they understand why people like the idea of a cinematic universe.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:14 pm

The director of the live action Beauty and the Beast remake wants to do another remake: The Bride Of Frankenstein.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The director of the live action Beauty and the Beast remake wants to do another remake: The Bride Of Frankenstein.

Funnily enough I'm finally seeing Beauty and the Beast today, see if its worth all the hoopla.

While I am not a huge Bill Condon fan to begin with, the man seems to attract financial success (look at the latter films of Twilight for example). Universal are no doubt going after actors and directors who can bring in crowds, especially with word that Angelina Jolie is going to be the Bride of Frankenstein, at least as far as I know.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:47 am

yeah, i could totally see Jolie as the Bride of Frankenstein--she physically matches the Bride pretty well, at least

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Bride of Frankenstein? Same old reboot crap of stuff we've seen before! Why can't they finally adapt Dean Koontz's amazing Frankenstein series and put it properly on film, or even more preferably, as TV series? It's like the best thing ever, well the first three novels anyway. There was only that mediocre made-for-TV-2004-special thing that didn't do it justice at all, Koontz even backed from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Question for you: Since we are actually talking about HORROR here, what films actually legitimately scare you still  today?

My answer is kind of interesting, because actual horror films kind of do nothing to me scares wise, and haven't done for 20 years. Most of them are just goofy, and even the ones that play it serious and which I do love (like Jaws, Alien, Blair Witch Project etc) aren't 'scary', just atmospheric and powerful for other reasons. In all honestly, the only two films that do legitimately scare me still today are not horror films at all.

First of them is the made-for-TV 1984 film Threads, you know the famous nuclear holocaust dramatization that is the most depressing thing ever put on film and makes you want to die now. Literally. Nuclear war is generally the one thing that makes me scared, because it's something that can actually still happen, and this horribly devastating thing here makes other films in that genre (like The Day After, Testament etc) look like baby food in comparison. It's just so god damn scary. I mean yes the production values aren't the greatest, and there are some so-so moments in the film in terms of dialogue and performances, but it doesn't matter because I just wanna slice my eyes out.

The other one is called Far North (2007), which is pretty average film set in artic landscape and which I don't remember much about. There's really nothing interesting about it, I mean Sean Bean is there doing something, and there's this mother-daughter relationship which is interesting I guess, but nothing memorable. Except for the finale, which has this most horrifying twist that makes makes my stomach hurt. I mean, generally that sort of body slicing shock thing does nothing for me, but WTF was that? It's so uncomfortable to watch and makes no sense whatsoever because it comes out of nowhere. Red Wedding from GoT has nothing for that when it comes to surprises lol. It's more disgusting than 'scary' as per say, I guess, and certainly not depressingly horrible as anything in Threads, but that moment is still the one thing I cannot rewatch... yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 pm

The Shining is an oldie, but it will always reduce me to paranoia and fear every time without fail. It just has that quality about it.

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 pm

There's another nuclear holocaust film that I find extremely scary and creepy by the way. Never actually watched more than segments and pieces from here and here though, because the depression levels are seriously up there (not quite to Threads levels but still). Do I really want to watch it? No. It's called When the Wind Blows. What a funny cartoon, seeing these fellas living through the hell without really comprehending everything, and finally dying of radiation. Bring your kids to see it, entertainment for the whole family!

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Hqdefault

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Whenthewindblows-05
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Watched the 2 Dead Rising films today and they're surprisingly well done, especially for ones that Crackle made. The acting was well done and the special effects resembled that of a feature film.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Insidious: Chapter 4 Release Date Changes, Half to Death Takes Its Place
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839993-insidious-chapter-4-release-date-changes-half-to-death-takes-its-place#rWptob0pF0Hw9LPr.99

UGH

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Insidious: Chapter 4 Release Date Changes, Half to Death Takes Its Place
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839993-insidious-chapter-4-release-date-changes-half-to-death-takes-its-place#rWptob0pF0Hw9LPr.99

UGH

On the plus side, the potential for one decent film in January is there in Insidious 4. Very rarely do I see anything decent, especially horror in January, it's usually really terrible stuff. *cough* The Bye Bye Man *cough* Can't say the other movie really interests me at all though.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 5:36 am

Yeah The Bye Bye Man was pretty terrible. I cringed the entire way through that one.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Yeah The Bye Bye Man was pretty terrible. I cringed the entire way through that one.
wasn't that basically a Slender Man movie with the serial numbers filed off?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Trick Or Treat Studios just released to production line pic of their new Kirk mask for Halloween 2017!
The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 C6jl3Pe

This is the most accurate Kirk you're gonna find on the market unless you go indy, and is the very same mask sculpt that, when converted into a Myers mask, will give you this, which was taken by a friend of mine and used on everything from coffee cups to T-shirts. If that doesn't display the capabilities of this mask, I don't know what will.
The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Michael-myers

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Glen/Glenda may be in Cult of Chucky

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horror Movie Thread
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next