Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!

Go down 
+5
Rhedosaurus
Troyal1
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Empty
PostSubject: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 pm

In the near future, computers rise above their fleshy masters and takeover the world! Let's talk about it to prevent that!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Don't worry, Terminator Genesys did that on it's own. Razz

I watched T3 the other day, and honestly, I don't find it that bad. It's not on the level of the first two, but it's really not on the level of some of the really bad films I've seen.

Also, anyone see the T2 Easter egg in the new Doom game?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 4:34 pm

T1, one of my favorite films ever, the perfect 80's action presentation with surprisingly dark tones
T2, pretty good even though that metrosexual kid and his relationship with goodguy-Arnie is annoying
T3, bland, unoriginal, unnecessary sequel that wasn't needed, but I guess I don't "hate"-hate it like most people do, it's just there
T4, never bothered seeing and don't intend to
T5, never bothered seeing and don't intend to
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Since Mistral revived the Terminator topic, I thought I'd give my two cents.

The Terminator - Abosolute classic, love this film.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Same as above, with the extra bonus of it being my favourite of the two Cameron films.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - Haven't seen it, and likely won't due to all the stupid scenes that get referenced.
Terminator Salvation - The first, and so far only, Terminator film I've seen on the big screen, I don't hate it as much as others but it's not a good film.
Terminator Genisys - Yeah, not interested. They started a trilogy and failed to finish it, that tells you all you need to know.

Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Even though I haven't seen the fourth film and don't ever want to because I simply don't care, at least they tried something new-ish with it by the looks of the premise and from what I've heard from others. Every other Terminator sequel has constructed been more or less the same with mildest modifications. In T2 it still worked because Cameron knew what he was doing but that was the final borderline. T5 in particular looks like the most ridiculous thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:16 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Terminator Genisys - Yeah, not interested. They started a trilogy and failed to finish it, that tells you all you need to know.

I still think that we'll get a sequel if Cameron gets the rights back, but it will be the final Terminator movie for a long time. It will be rebooted 20-30 years later, but I honestly think that Cameron will finish the movie franchise on a good note like it should have ended with T2.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I still think that we'll get a sequel if Cameron gets the rights back, but it will be the final Terminator movie for a long time. It will be rebooted 20-30 years later, but I honestly think that Cameron will finish the movie franchise on a good note like it should have ended with T2.

While that is a distinct possibility, I think that by the time a James Cameron directed Terminator movie ever happens, Cameron won't be the same director that he was back in 1991, and the audience will probably avoid the film and no amount of positive anticipation will be enough and it could end up to be a money-loser for the studio and a dent on Cameron's career. The damage done by T3, Salvation and Genisys has been done, and all three were attempts to launch a trilogy rather than tell a complete story in one film like the first two. To use a sports analogy, three strikes and you're out.

Sure, there could be a straight up reboot in 20-30 years time, but I doubt I'd be interested in it by then.

Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:18 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

While that is a distinct possibility, I think that by the time a James Cameron directed Terminator movie ever happens, Cameron won't be the same director that he was back in 1991, and the audience will probably avoid the film and no amount of positive anticipation will be enough and it could end up to be a money-loser for the studio and a dent on Cameron's career. The damage done by T3, Salvation and Genisys has been done, and all three were attempts to launch a trilogy rather than tell a complete story in one film like the first two. To use a sports analogy, three strikes and you're out.

Sure, there could be a straight up reboot in 20-30 years time, but I doubt I'd be interested in it by then.

I admit that all that might be true. But at this point, James Cameron is the only visible hope the movie franchise has. Besides, the man can still make good movies and Terminator fans would rather have a man who they are familiar with end it on a high note rather then have the movie series end in mediocrity via the 2015 movie. That and Cameron still has brand power. He directed Titanic and Avatar, both of which were huge money makers and he still directing movies. He's not like Steven Spielberg who's been in a weird de facto semi-retirement the past 17 years where he only directed a few movies, but been an Executive Producer which, with the exception of JW, has done nothing but let sit and lets things run their course via the director.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 10:35 am

James Cameron and Tim Miller Teaming on a New Terminator Movie!

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

With the rights reverting back to James Cameron in a few years time, that isn't too surprising. But for me, personally, its too little too late. After three failed trilogy starters that were varying degrees of bad, most fans are not clamouring for another one and just want it to die.

Had this news dropped after Rise of the Machines or Salvation, we'd be laughing and leaping for joy, but Genisys I think was bad enough to kill any remaining interest. Tim Miller is certainly a better director than Jonathon Mostow, McG and Alan Taylor, but is he the one to put Terminator back into fans' good graces after so many missteps? I doubt it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 2:29 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

With the rights reverting back to James Cameron in a few years time, that isn't too surprising. But for me, personally, its too little too late. After three failed trilogy starters that were varying degrees of bad, most fans are not clamouring for another one and just want it to die.

Had this news dropped after Rise of the Machines or Salvation, we'd be laughing and leaping for joy, but Genisys I think was bad enough to kill any remaining interest. Tim Miller is certainly a better director than Jonathon Mostow, McG and Alan Taylor, but is he the one to put Terminator back into fans' good graces after so many missteps? I doubt it.

I disagree. Most fans don't want the movie series to end on such a poor note like us JP didn't want JP3 to end the JP movie series on a poor note. I do think it will be longer then what most think, but I do think that Cameron's name is enough to get most people on board. He's basically the T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Hopefully they can try to ret-con the last 3 movies out of existence and start from where T2 left off. That should go a long way in getting the fans good will back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 2:46 pm

There isn't going to be ending, good or bad, as long as they keep making cash. And even after the cash stops flowing and they stop making them, it will just be rebooted later years later. Just as has already happened. So for it to end on X note is impossible.

I'm one of those people who prefer quality over quantity. Sometimes one just has to say to him/herself, even if you hope for more, you better not. No sequel is better than mediocre sequel, or god forbid turd of a sequel. Terminator should've ended after T2 and never been resurrected again just as SW should've ended at Jedi and Indy at Crusade and so forth, but obviously money and brand identification mean it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Mistral wrote:
There isn't going to be ending, good or bad, as long as they keep making cash. And even after the cash stops flowing and they stop making them, it will just be rebooted later years later. Just as has already happened. So for it to end on X note is impossible.

I'm one of those people who prefer quality over quantity. Sometimes one just has to say to him/herself, even if you hope for more, you better not. No sequel is better than mediocre sequel, or god forbid turd of a sequel. Terminator should've ended after T2 and never been resurrected again just as SW should've ended at Jedi and Indy at Crusade and so forth, but obviously money and brand identification mean it's not going to happen.

You'd be surprised about how fan outrage has forced movie studios to ret-con mediocre-bad movies out of existence. FOX had to ret-con Deadpool from X-Men: Wolverine Origins out of existence with the 2016 Deadpool movie and they are still ret-conning X3 out of existance. Not only that, but all corporate greed via Hollywood studios has to end sometime. Al la: The outrage of 2015's Fantastic 4.

I don't disagree that Terminator 2 should have ended the movie franchise but I do think that if movie studios had managed to get people who had made sequels with the same faith vision that Cameron had, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 4:51 pm

They need William Wisher not Tim Miller.

Cameron will probably find a way to end it. He was annoyed by all the sequels and he is busy with Avatar for the next decade or so so he will want it off his plate. Plus since he will own it and not a studio he can keep it in his back pocket it if he wishes.

Terminator: Decent. But feels really dated and the acting is less stellar than T2. Michael Biehn was the best part.
T2: Even with Squeaky, punk Edward Furlong the best one by far. AND it accomplishes the goal Cameron originally wanted of a nondescript, everyman Terminator. And the symbolism that the one dressed as a cop is bad is great too. Joe Morton. Only flaw is that they wasted all that time destroying files and things individually rather than just taking the chip and arm, setting up the C4 and blowing it all to hell in the 7 minutes it should have. You don't need to destroy paper and plastic files when you have half a ton of Freakin C4!
T3: Safe and mediocre are its best/worst traits. And the John in this one is a handsome fellow. Handsome but familiar looking...XD
T4:Worthington and Moon are annoying. Otherwise ok. Bryce and Common were useless. Yelchin and Bale were good though and that buoys the film.
T5: Just idk...should have chosen a better story. Wasted Schwarzy and Game of Thrones chick and they were great in it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Scott B wrote:
They need William Wisher not Tim Miller.

Cameron will probably find a way to end it. He was annoyed by all the sequels and he is busy with Avatar for the next decade or so so he will want it off his plate. Plus since he will own it and not a studio he can keep it in his back pocket it if he wishes.

Not only that, but it's going to be a long time before he/his estate is willing to give another studio a chance with the franchise. We might see another TV show, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 3:46 pm

I just realized this but.....why is Connor misspelled in the thread title? LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 4:32 pm

However this new Terminator movie happens, I hope they don't make it just the previous three films, since they tried to one-up Judgement Day. I would be more open to seeing something horror based, like the first one, with greater emphasis on the science fiction and exploration of the human condition through cybernetics. Or if it is indeed an action film, they don't need a budget upwards of $150 million to pull it off, since Tim Miller was able to do a lot more on a smaller budget than Alan Taylor was with his.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Well, even T2 is basically Cameron trying to remake T1 again as something grander. The plot and structure is almost the same, and some elements that actually are new were cut from T1 because of original budget and schedule restraints.

The reason I love T1 so much is indeed the bleakness and scifi elements of it, rather than corny one-liners and comedy and action shlock from T2 (which is still pretty good stuff but IMO not nearly as good). And T1 is one of the most 80's things in existence.  If Miami Vice was the most 80's thing on TV, then Terminator was pretty much same in the film world.

Arnold even has the legendary Gargoyles on him! Too bad you can't buy the true original Classic models anymore, except in ebay in hefty prices. I had to settle with Gargoyles Novus glasses... which are still pretty cool to wear though.

The soundtrack is amazing, not only the original score but the music that plays in Tech Noir (Tahnee Cain & Tryanglz). Below with timestamp: epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic - best moment in franchise  cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDS9D2wRDk0&t=0m37s
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 7:06 pm

James Cameron still believes that 'Relevant' Terminator movie can be made.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 pm

It looks like ‘Terminator Genisys’ series is officially dead.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:58 pm

It's kind of ironic that the same exact thing happened with T4, attempt of trilogy. But I'm sure they'll try rebooting it again in 5-10 years time, and fail at it
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Mistral wrote:
It's kind of ironic that the same exact thing happened with T4, attempt of trilogy. But I'm sure they'll try rebooting it again in 5-10 years time, and fail at it

I still think that it's possible that James Cameron, who will get the rights back soon, will make one more Terminator movie, but only to end the series once and for all and do it on a high note.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 pm

HUGE NEWS!

The 6th Terminator movie will be a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

In other words, all of the other Terminator movies after T2 will be non-canon.

YES! There is still hope left. cheers

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:42 pm

This really is the BEST news the Terminator franchise has gotten since... well... the Academy Award wins of Terminator 2 now that I think about it... man that was a long time ago.

Certainly discounting all the failed sequels, prequels and reboots is the best option, and who better to finish it off than the man who created the thing in the first place. Still, I have to wonder: just how do they continue the story when T2 ended on such a conclusive and effective note?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:52 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
This really is the BEST news the Terminator franchise has gotten since... well... the Academy Award wins of Terminator 2 now that I think about it... man that was a long time ago.

Certainly discounting all the failed sequels, prequels and reboots is the best option, and who better to finish it off than the man who created the thing in the first place. Still, I have to wonder: just how do they continue the story when T2 ended on such a conclusive and effective note?

I think it's possible for T4 to still be canon, but I really don't think many people would get upset if it also gets ret-conned out of existence.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Crappy and worthless sequel/prequel/reboots they may all be, but I despise retconning something out of existence and pretending they didn't happen just as much.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Mistral wrote:
Crappy and worthless sequel/prequel/reboots they may all be, but I despise retconning something out of existence and pretending they didn't happen just as much.

Why is that?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Why is that?

It's cheap and lazy way of swiping something under the carpet

I don't wish to over spam these guys too much again, and I also wish to stress out that even though I love the channel I don't even agree with them half of the time when it comes to film opinions, but I think what applies here is valid in this discussion as well (from 0:13 onwards)
Spoiler:

Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter to me since I haven't actually watched T4, T5, and don't intend to bother with this either because the point of caring is way past for me. T1 is amazing classic that will be forever with me and no-one can take it away, with good solid sequel in T2 as well.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Why is that?

It's cheap and lazy way of swiping something under the carpet.

But isn't this one of the rare occasions where they have to do all that? Not only that, but there are other movie franchise that I can say the same thing. Look at Ghostbusters. Considering how Amy Pascal dashed the hopes of GB3 and, along with Paul Feig, tried to shove GB2016 down the throats of fans and the GA and smeared those who had legitimate criticisms with the movie, wouldn't it be best for the franchise to just make GB3 anyway and just pretend GB2016 never happened?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Arnie is back for the new James Cameron produced Terminator movie.

Remember, this one is going to be a direct sequel to T2 and will ret-con all the other movies made after T2 out of the canon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!    Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come with me if you want to live: Terminators, Cyborgs, and Conners! Oh My!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next