Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Passings Thread

Go down 
+24
C-Rex
Spinosaur4.4
BarrytheOnyx
Theta Rex
smaugtheterrible
TyrantGojira
Minmi
Tyrant Lizard
Scott B
TheRexMan22
V.a.nublarensis
Troyal1
Oshronosaurus
Océane
evolution_rex
Crimsonraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
CloneTrooper101
Caudipteryx
Mysterious Hero M
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Passings Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
As Dead2009 just posted in the Star Wars thread, Carrie Fisher has died at just 60 years old via her heart attack from a few days ago. RIP Princess Leia.

God damn it.

This year can seriously bite my ass.
f*ck everything--literally EVERYTHING--about this year

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 pm

I can't wait for this sh*t year to be over. I really thought she'd make it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 2:38 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I can't wait for this sh*t year to be over. I really thought she'd make it. Crying or Very sad

We all did man. Apparently "stable" in medical terms can be quite different than most of us usually understand it.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 10:13 am

We're still not done yet.....

Ricky Harris, comedian and actor from "Everybody Hates Chris" has died at 54. We don't know the cause, but he did suffer a heart attack 2 years ago.

I can't link to the Yahoo site since I'm not using my computer. (I'm on break right now and I'm on a demonstrator laptop.) Just type in Ricky Harris+death on a search engine site and you'll find articles.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 11:56 am

The worst part is that 2017 has a decent shot at being even worse than 2016.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 6:22 pm

I'm part of a Metal Gear Solid group on Facebook, and one of the admins posted a picture that summed things up perfectly when it came to celebrity deaths.

The Passings Thread - Page 3 2016_d10

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Debbie Reynolds rushed to hospital after possible stroke. I know this isn't a passing as of writing this, but with this year i'm putting it here just in case. Poor woman, i can not imagine the heart break of losing her daughter. Wouldn't be surprised if the extreme stress did it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38455653

Edit: she passed away:(
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 am

I feel angry right now. Death has a sick sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:11 am

Just found out that Debbie Reynolds was Charlotte in the OG Charlotte's web movie and I loved her in Halloween town. So that makes two beloved roles I knew her from in my childhood.

Damn it.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 5:39 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Debbie Reynolds rushed to hospital after possible stroke. I know this isn't a passing as of writing this, but with this year i'm putting it here just in case. Poor woman, i can not imagine the heart break of losing her daughter. Wouldn't be surprised if the extreme stress did it.

Christ... now her mother too?

Bloody hell, it never ends.

Can't imagine what Billie Lourd's going through right now.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 6:31 am

At this rate, 2017 could be another dire 12 months but it would still be less upsetting than this wretched garbage fire of a year!

The Passings Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 am

The Grim Reaper sure knows how to save the worst for last.

This is gonna sound mean, but I have to ask...

Couldn't it have been one of the Kardashians or Lena Dunham instead?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

or better yet, trump? that means alot coming from me--to the best of my ability, i try not to wish death on anyone. i have more sympathy for frickin' Castro than i do for the bigot that somehow got elected.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Christ... now her mother too?

Bloody hell, it never ends.

Can't imagine what Billie Lourd's going through right now.

Yea I feel terrible for her children. They are seriously having the worst week possible right now.

And I don't mean any offense by saying this but here is atleast one bright spot to the situation. Debbie cared about her daughter a lot obviously. From what I've read that were pretty inseparable. And now she is at peace and won't have to grieve over losing her child if that makes sense. Whether you believe in an afterlife or not atleast her suffering has ended. I hope what I just said didn't come off as rude or disrespectful.

But I feel oh so terrible for the other family members. I hope they can somehow find the right footing and strength to carry on, and carry on their wonderful family legacy of talent and good character. My thoughts are with them. Sad
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

or better yet, trump? that means alot coming from me--to the best of my ability, i try not to wish death on anyone. i have more sympathy for frickin' Castro than i do for the bigot that somehow got elected.

Castro, for all his faults and atrocities, worked and suffered far more in barely half his lifetime than Trump could ever dream of doing by the time he's gone.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

To be fair, even though I don't have that much faith in Trump, I still think that corrupt old Hillary would have been 10 times worse. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes next year given all her health problems that she and her gang tried to hide.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

To be fair, even though I don't have that much faith in Trump, I still think that corrupt old Hillary would have been 10 times worse. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes next year given all her health problems that she and her gang tried to hide.

I honestly pity anyone who still has even an ounce of faith in that orange lunatic.

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Bye, Carrie and Debbie. Rest peacefully. . .

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 am

Rhedosaurus

just about anything Clinton would've done will almost certainly pale in comparison to what trump will probably do. with Clinton, at least, alot of problems would hopefully have just stagnated and gradually approved, but now they're probably just gonna get worse, on top of whole new problems like all kinds of bigots now being emboldened because one of their own will be in the White House

with that said, we should probably take this to a different thread or stop altogether--i'm not trying to end the discussion to make it look like i won, it's just that this isn't the thread for such a discussion and i think we should avoid politics in general here as much as possible (it's too polarizing to let it become a major factor of a JP site)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Osh, we can agree to disagree and let it end on a respectable note.

The Grim Reaper still isn't done yet...

Pan Pan, the world's oldest panda bear who breed a lot of domestic panda population, has died at the age of 31, which is 100 in panda years.

Yesterday, it was announced that Robert Hulseman, the man who invented that iconic Red Solo Cup, died at the age of 84 last Wednesday.

Vera Rubin, the female astronomer who did pioneering research on Dark Matter, which was eventually confirmed, died on Christmas Day at the age of 88.

Richard Adams, the author of the novel Watership Down, died Tuesday at the age of 97.

You know, I have never heard of it until I heard Doug Walker talk about the animated movie version via his 'movies I'll never review' video. I heard that it's quite dark, but pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 11:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Osh, we can agree to disagree and let it end on a respectable note.
agreed. it's important to be able to know when a discussion has run it's course and when to just avoid a subject. i try not to talk politics with friends and family because of that.

i saw that video, too. i haven't seen the movie myself, but i got the book last year (it was a Christmas present, iirc) though have yet to start reading it. i've heard good things about it but, yes, that it's also extremely dark, with horror and violence abounding. sad to hear that the author passed.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 am

Our first major loss of 2017.

Legendary hockey player, Milt Schmidt, as died at the age of 98.

He won 4 Stanley Cups for the Boston Bruins and he was the only person in Bruins franchise history to serve as on-ice captain, coach and general manager. 2 Cups as captain and the other 2 as general manager.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Tilikum, the captive Orca, has died at the age of 36 via bacterial lung infection.

Also, prayers go out to the 5 killed at the Fort Lauderdale, Florida airport today.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:36 pm

William Peter Blatty, the horror writer that penned 'The Exocist' died yesterday at the age of 89.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Pro Wrestler Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka has died due to cancer at the age of 73.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Gene Cernan, the last man to walk on the Moon, has died at the age of 82.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 7:22 am

Miguel Ferrer, from NCIS LA and Crossing Jordan has died at 61 due to cancer.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Mary Tyler Moore Passes Away

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Mary Tyler Moore Passes Away

She was 80 years old too. We don't know the cause but she's had bad health problems for some time now.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 am

Butch Tricks, the drummer from the Allman Brothers Band, has died at the age of 69.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Passings Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next