Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

News thread. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Rhedo, did you deliberately misspell "rogue" again? XDDDDD

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedo, did you deliberately misspell "rogue" again? XDDDDD

I do seem to have a problem with spelling that word, don't I? Razz And I'm a pretty good speller too. I guess it's just that word.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 11:03 am

Cannibal 'T. Rex' Ants Seen Live for 1st Time Ever

I think I'm terrified...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 12:08 pm

50,000 year old 'Atlantis Of The South' discovered in Australia.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Breaking News.

19 dead during an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester, England.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:16 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Breaking News.

19 dead during an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester, England.

The death toll has now risen to 22.

Such a terrible night...

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm

The Greek bailout talks have ended in failure.

In other words, no bailout for Greece.

The same North Korean hackers that ruined Sony were also responsible for the Ransomware attacks.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:27 pm

So the G7 had a meeting today in Italy.
I don't get why we still do these meetings. Nothing gets done and the only thing that comes as a result is that anarchists trash cites to protest...something. I still remember how when Canada hosted a G7 meeting back in 2009 or 2010 how anarchists did $1 billion dollars worth of damages.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 10:32 am

Scientists have discovered that the Cuban boa hunts fruit bats in packs.

The Quagga has been brought back from extinction.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 1:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scientists have discovered that the Cuban boa hunts fruit bats in packs.
News thread. - Page 12 Clvrgrl
Rhedosaurus wrote:
"It all began with something called the Quagga." - Dr. Ian Malcolm, "The Lost World" (1995)

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I followed the link, excited as you would expect, and what struck me is that the ones in the photos had very obvious Zebra qualities to them. I know that's part of the selective breeding process, but they don't resemble the Quaggas seen in black & white photos or paintings. They are at best a reasonable facsimile of the Quagga, rather than the real animal brought back.

News thread. - Page 12 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Five generations of successful breeding has accomplished just that — herds of animals with very similar characteristics to the original Quagga, including limited striping and darkening brown background color.

In other words, another hyperbole sensationalist article, just like the one on that same site about "alien DNA" supposedly in octopus. Yeah right, clickbaiting anyone? What a load of rubbish :gun1:
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 3:39 pm

yeah, this "revived quagga" i'd say is more in line with the Heck cattle and Heck horse--a modern facsimile rather than Jurassic Park-style cloning. it's still very interesting and i applaud them on their efforts Smile besides, if it looks like a quagga, walks like a quagga, acts like a quagga, sounds like a quagga, and fills the previously vacant ecological niche of a quagga, then who's to say it's not a quagga?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
besides, if it looks like a quagga, walks like a quagga, acts like a quagga, sounds like a quagga, and fills the previously vacant ecological niche of a quagga, then who's to say it's not a quagga?

Science? tongue

There are countless number species that look and sound dead identical to layman, but that doesn't mean they actually are.

To layman, all flying reptiles are basically Pterodactyl, all large sized theropods are T-Rex, all small sized theropods are Velociraptor, all sauropods are Brontosaurus, all cats with big teeth are Saber Tooth Cats, etc etc
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Keep something in mind: The Quagga was a member of the zebra family, it wouldn't be that hard to mix it's DNA and that of other zebra's to bring it back.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 12:08 am

Here's MisterMetokur's expose on Spoony. I didn't know he was that much of a db.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 12:39 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's MisterMetokur's expose on Spoony. I didn't know he was that much of a db.

I don't even have to watch the video to say Spoony went far off the deep end. Used to like his content, but after his split with the site, he just kept crashing lower and lower. What baffles me is he puts out like a D&D video once a month, and a review every two or three months, and he was still getting like over a thousand dollars in Patreon support. I think it's dropped since I last looked, but the fact he's even bring in any money for basically doing nothing anymore shocks me.

EDIT: Might be a good idea to start a YouTube/videos thread. While informative, I don't know I'd qualify this as news.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 4:45 pm

I started watching him in 2008, and it was pretty good - it really peaked circa Phantasmagoria 2 - but it went heavily downhill by 2009 already. Couple of years after I'd say some of the content was still semi-watchable, especially when he had someone other to talk to, but I think I finally stopped watching the little there was in 2012. It was just a sorry state, as pathetic as with Doug Walker and the rest of CA. I don't even need to watch that vid lol

Will there be a vid of Cinemasnob revealing how everyone of those friends either fights, screws or betrays each other Laughing we already know most of it of course but still

Nowadays of these 'critics' I only watch RLM, their brilliance outshines all the rest.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Mistral wrote:
Nowadays of these 'critics' I only watch RLM, their brilliance outshines all the rest.

I don't like them at all. They just come across as too snotty, too elitist, and too sarcastic. They rip on movies just to rip on them and come across as people who complain and nitpick about stuff for the sake of it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I don't like them at all. They just come across as too snotty, too elitist, and too sarcastic. They rip on movies just to rip on them and come across as people who complain and nitpick about stuff for the sake of it.

Can't agree with a single word with that, but I won't try to change your opinion.

Anyhow, although I don't particularly like their sister channel Pre-Rec, you get glimpse of how honest they actually are when Jay occasionally joins Rich and Jack for a very informal and unscripted chat + Q&A in those Pre-Rec Twitch streams. Josh is also there like once a year but never Mike (not since Jessi vanished anyway)
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I really fund RLM extremely grating and one note nowadays. I used to enjoy their Star Wars, Star Trek and Indiana Jones reviews, but even then that's a brand of humour I'm not exactly used to and only took it for (some of) the films they reviewed because I had similar views, especially on the SW Prequels. So the word "brilliance" is frankly stretching it, in my view, if I want an insightful critic and reviewer I'd defer to the late Roger Ebert, Mark Kermode, or even Doug Walker.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Angela Merkel, the leader of Germany says that Western Europe can no longer count on the U.S.A. as much as it did in the past.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Roger Ebert, I never really agreed with anything on, on bar with Leonard Maltin

Mark Kermode, no idea who that is

Doug Walker lol. There was a time and place where I watched him, but dear god. The funniest thing is that despite all his complaining, his own 'films' were the absolute worst things on planet, you know the crossovers like 'Kickassia'. God the writing and dialogue and directing was horrendous, makes Space Cop and Brad Jones films look like Casablanca

But again, I'm not robbing away whatever you believe.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Mistral wrote:

Doug Walker lol. There was a time and place where I watched him, but dear god. The funniest thing is that despite all his complaining, his own 'films' were the absolute worst things on planet, you know the crossovers like 'Kickassia'. God the writing and dialogue and directing was horrendous, makes Space Cop and Brad Jones films look like Casablanca.

His "films" are not exactly what I watch him for. I've seen a couple of them, and have no desire to see them again. But what I meant by that earlier statement was that he can actually be very insightful when it comes to film as an art. Obviously I don't agree with everything he says about certain films, but as a guy who likes to study movies and has seen a vast array of them he is able to demonstrate this insight in his editorial videos. And to be honest, I prefer his editorials over many of his recent reviews.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 11:51 pm

North Korea launched a Scud tactical ballistic missile that flew for 280 miles.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:09 pm

An ultra tough antibiotic has been made to kill superbugs.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
An ultra tough antibiotic has been made to kill superbugs.

Until that becomes resistant to that antibiotic then we're really screwed.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:16 am

The United States has officially announced their withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement.

Oh well... never liked this planet anyway.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 9:05 am

Theta Rex wrote:
The United States has officially announced their withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement.

Oh well... never liked this planet anyway.

God, I hate this United States president...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 10:13 am

To be fair, I should point out that the United States isn't the main cause of pollution. China is. Not only that, but the EPA has been making overwhelming regulations that has been killing jobs. The last thing that is needed international treaties making things worse.

While I agree that mankind has been a factor in climate change, I don't think it's as big like many people say it is. Not only that, but I don't think that America should bear the burden of leading the world in trying to curb global warming unless China is willing to pay up just as much. If they want to be a global superpower, then they should pay just as much.

Besides, I just think we should be more focused on protecting endangered species and trying to bring back their populations back to normal. It's a far more worthy goal and something that can't be debated nearly as much.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next