Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

News thread. - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 1:15 pm

I honestly don't buy the story that North Korea has a hydrogen device. I think they stockpiled a shitton of explosives out in some remote field, detonated it and are claiming it was a nuclear test.
Failed after failed ICBM launches that either detonated on launchpad or fall apart over Waters and they somehow managed to get a device 6 times more powerful then the Little Boy/Fat Man devices working 'perfectly'? Nah.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Antifa got labeled a terrorist group!

Im dying of laughter right now, finally justice is being done.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
I honestly don't buy the story that North Korea has a hydrogen device. I think they stockpiled a shitton of explosives out in some remote field, detonated it and are claiming it was a nuclear test.
Failed after failed ICBM launches that either detonated on launchpad or fall apart over Waters and they somehow managed to get a device 6 times more powerful then the Little Boy/Fat Man devices working 'perfectly'? Nah.

Except that they've already tested one last year. My guess is that it worked, but not as good as it was hoped and that this one was much better. Not only that, but recent long range missile tests have shown that North Korea's ICBM's have improved in quality.

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Antifa got labeled a terrorist group!

Im dying of laughter right now, finally justice is being done.

About time, too.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 11:16 am

But do you guys realize what that would do to the global economy? That would stop our trade with China for one, and we're like their number 1 customer. It would plunge the world into a depression, putting billions of people out of work. I think it would be better just to make South Korea an island. Buh-bye North Korea.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 12:16 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
But do you guys realize what that would do to the global economy? That would stop our trade with China for one, and we're like their number 1 customer. It would plunge the world into a depression, putting billions of people out of work. I think it would be better just to make South Korea an island. Buh-bye North Korea.

Yep I saw the perfect comment on Reddit. Obviously China likes their buffer state but I doubt they are appreciative of them making threats to one of their biggest economic ties. And I doubt they'd rather go to war for NK and completely lose that tie.

The post

Quote :
Let me put it to you this way. There are plenty of billionaires living the good life in China right now. They own houses in the US, they vacation all over NATO countries. They have the Chinese government in their pocket. They aren't willing to lose a dime so lil' Kim can live out his fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Yep I saw the perfect comment on Reddit. Obviously China likes their buffer state but I doubt they are appreciative of them making threats to one of their biggest economic ties. And I doubt they'd rather go to war for NK and completely lose that tie.

The post

Quote :
Let me put it to you this way. There are plenty of billionaires living the good life in China right now. They own houses in the US, they vacation all over NATO countries. They have the Chinese government in their pocket. They aren't willing to lose a dime so lil' Kim can live out his fantasy.

Kim Jong Un has really pissed off China ever since he took power. He has no diplomatic influence like his father and grandfather had and quite frankly, he doesn't care.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 7:48 am

7 year old girl finds 4 ft long sword in a lake.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
7 year old girl finds 4 ft long sword in a lake.

I love this bit of news, its like a modern day real life actualization of the Lady of the Lake/Excalibur myth. Also, Matilda Jones is one of the most quintessentially English names you could find, making it all the more fitting that she would follow in the footsteps of a British mythological hero!

What I really wonder is who originally bought the sword and then decided to throw it in the lake Sir Bedivere style??

News thread. - Page 16 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:58 pm

It looks like Kim Jong Un alienated China worse then we thought.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Giant saltwater crocodile that's somewhere between 16.11 ft to 19 ft long captured alive in the Philippines.

I can already tell you that this crocodile is a male, since they grow much larger then females do. And it's more then big enough to kill and eat a man.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 pm

It looks like the Saudis were FAR more responsible for 9/11 then we thought.

We really need to cut off diplomatic relations with those inbreds that run the country.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Toys 'R' Us will file for bankruptcy soon.

This is sad. I still miss KB Toys...

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm

goddamn....i remember going to Toys 'R Us as a kid. i'll have to remember to go check it out soon, maybe reminisce a bit.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
goddamn....i remember going to Toys 'R Us as a kid. i'll have to remember to go check it out soon, maybe reminisce a bit.

What happened is that the supermarkets began to get more and more toys in order to compete with Amazon, Ebay, and other online marketplaces. It's basically the same problem that most large bookstores have. The problem is that while retail markets are doing this, they cheapen out on customer service and things that would improve how their employees work. This in turn leads to that same advantage being overridden. I work in retail and I can tell you that corporate really has no clue what they are doing/is too oblivious to know.

Russia unveils a 30 foot tall statue of Mikhail Kalashnikov, the inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

OMG! No
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 5:47 pm

I should warn you. Reading this isn't for the faint of heart.

A defector from North Korea describes how the government oppresses its people.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

And people got mad at Trump for calling him 'Rocket Man' in the UN....No I think he was on point there and good on him for not holding back.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

And people got mad at Trump for calling him 'Rocket Man' in the UN....No I think he was on point there and good on him for not holding back.

Agreed. People need to know what we are really dealing with. A psychopathic spoiled brat who obsessed with atomic weapons and doesn't know his boundaries. Even China doesn't think that they can reel him in. It's not like where his father and grandfather where they played both sides and sided who they thought was stronger at the time. Now, this guy pissed off China to the point where they thinking off abandoning North Korea altogether.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

A shame, but I can see why brick and mortar retail stores a disappearing. I went to TRU earlier last week and they didn't have any of the Commander Gree figure I wanted even AFTER I checked the website to confirm that my local TRU had it in stock AND after I called ahead to double check before going go the store. I'm going to have to order the figure online now, when I wanted to buy in store so that I could ensure I purchased the figure with the best paint apps. If I was TRU I'd switch to online only, it's where retail is all going anyway. The thing is, the system TRU uses is so outdated that you can't find anything you want even as an employee.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Jesus Shocked

It's really no wonder people haven't overthrown him when he puts on his displays like this to scare people. Hopefully one day that will be the tipping point and someone up high can cause an "accident" for Kim. But honestly what he reportedly did to kill his uncle scared me the most. There have been conflicting reports on whether this is completely fabricated or not, but I wouldn't put it past Kim considering he seems to take pride in brutality.

NSFW(no pictures just execution method)
Spoiler:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/23/north-koreas-kim-jong-un-uses-terrifyingly-creative-methods-to-kill-enemies.html
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Jesus Shocked

It's really no wonder people haven't overthrown him when he puts on his displays like this to scare people. Hopefully one day that will be the tipping point and someone up high can cause an "accident" for Kim. But honestly what he reportedly did to kill his uncle scared me the most. There have been conflicting reports on whether this is completely fabricated or not, but I wouldn't put it past Kim considering he seems to take pride in brutality.

NSFW(no pictures just execution method)
Spoiler:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/23/north-koreas-kim-jong-un-uses-terrifyingly-creative-methods-to-kill-enemies.html

Not only that, but keep 2 other things in mind.

1. The North Korean propaganda machine has mastered the art of brainwashing so that most of the population is loyal to the Kim dynasty no matter what.

2. North Korea is a very small country. Unlike Soviet Russia, or to a lesser degree, Maoist China, where they were large countries with little populated areas-Russia the Eastern parts and China the Western part-where one could survive by yourself without being spotted, North Korea has no such hinterlands. It's surrounded by the ocean to its left and right, the southern border is heavily militarized and has a lot of landmines, and the northern one is very heavily guarded as well.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 3:57 pm

SJW comic book writers were caught conspiring to harass You Tube critic, Diversity and Comics.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:02 pm

The Iraqi Kurds are voting to see if they want an independent Kurdishstan.

If they want an independent Kurdishstan, then I hope American supports them. The Kurds are far more tolerent of other race and religions. If Turkey doesn't like this, then too bad.

#ISTANDWITHTHEKURDS.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

If they want an independent Kurdishstan, then I hope American supports them. The Kurds are far more tolerent of other race and religions. If Turkey doesn't like this, then too bad.

#ISTANDWITHTHEKURDS.

Catalonia is also voting on independence but it has zero change literally because Spain is cracking down on Catalonia over this.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

#ISTANDWITHTHEKURDS.

Catalonia is also voting on independence but it has zero change literally because Spain is cracking down on Catalonia over this.

That's because Spain is still a nation-state with a working civil system. Iraq, for all intents and purposes, is basically dead or at best, semi-existent.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 7:49 am

The Kurds have voted for independence from Iraq.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:23 am

Suspected terror attack in Edmonton, Alberta. A man reportedly stabbed a police officer and then ran a few people down with a U-Haul cube van before being apprehended. An ISIS flag was found in the front seat of the van. Nobody dead so far as I know. Authorities have a 30 year old man in custody. They believe he acted alone.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4586556/edmonton-attack-canada-car-cop-injured/

News thread. - Page 16 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:01 am

My God. 50 killed, over 400 injured in Vegas shooting. ISIS now claiming responsibility.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

Speechless.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:09 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
My God. 50 killed, over 400 injured in Vegas shooting. ISIS now claiming responsibility.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

Speechless.

My god. The evil won't end will it? So many people dead... and for what?

Saw several people jumping on this to try to get a ban on every gun, some people even using australias 'gun seizure' thing as a positive thing.

Although thats not the solution I feel. Americas gun culture is different from australis and I am certain that the criminals won't be giving up their guns even if the government tries to seize it all.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Speechless.

My god. The evil won't end will it? So many people dead... and for what?

Saw several people jumping on this to try to get a ban on every gun, some people even using australias 'gun seizure' thing as a positive thing.

Although thats not the solution I feel. Americas gun culture is different from australis and I am certain that the criminals won't be giving up their guns even if the government tries to seize it all.

Honestly, at this point I might be all for that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next