Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Scene in first JP novel

Go down 
+13
owenpratt
BarrytheOnyx
SmugTheFab
Sickle_Claw
CT-1138
Raptor Blue
Spinosaur4.4
VoxelMush
Camarasaur8
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Voltage
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Voltage
Embryo
Embryo
Voltage

Favorite Scene in first JP novel Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:58 pm

What's your favorite scene from the first JP Novel? These are my top three:

1.Meeting the Apatosaurs
2.Tyrannosaur Breakout
3.Costa Rica Scenes

What are yours?

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 pm

The Tyrannosaur breakout scene, because who doesn't love that scene?
The whole thing with Muldoon, Ellie, Gennaro and co. against the raptors. Really liked that part.
Grant vs. the raptors in the Hatchery.
And probably the T-Rex in the river part aswell.

There's just so many bits about the novel that I absolutely loved, too many for me to even list here.

Last edited by Theta Rex on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Mine would have to be the bombing of the island at the end of the book. Its awesome if you ask me. But poor dinos...

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
Hatchling
Hatchling
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:19 pm

My favorite scene was the bit when Nedry dies. So delightfully gory! And also Malcolm's rants.

Camarasaur8
Embryo
Embryo
Camarasaur8

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 am

^Nedry's death is awesome. I like the raptor scenes in the shed with Arnold and Gennaro too, and Malcolm's rants are always a good read.
Back to top Go down
VoxelMush
Hatchling
Hatchling
VoxelMush

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 11:19 am

Whichever scene has the raptors, Nedry's death and Ian Malcolm's rants, which are really though-provoking.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Hard to choose.

I'll say the first time the characters see the Apatosaurus after landing on Nublar and the Dilophosaurus mating dance on the river. The island bombing is awesome too, so dark.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Favorite Scene in first JP novel LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 pm

The Tyrannosaurus river scene is one of the most memorable for me.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Agreed. The Tyrannosaurus river scene is a fantastic scene from the novel. Another one I love is when Gennaro and Muldoon are hunting Rexy in the Jeep.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Probably has to be the "living dangerously" part with Muldoon. Here we see Muldoon in his prime and drunk off his ass. And Gennaro has to sit there and watch helplessly as Muldoon shows him how its done...or not.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Tyrannosaurus river scene was epic IMO. I really hope we get to see something similar to it in JP5.

I also liked the pterosaur scene quite a lot.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 pm

The Tyrannosaurus breakout was a definite standout scene for me, as well as the reveal of the Apatosaurus herd and the "Welcome to Jurassic Park!" moment - I read that scene while listening to John Williams' score "Journey to the Island" and it still fit so well!

Other scenes strictly from the book that I love are the T.rex river attack and the climax with the team investigating the subterranean Raptor nests, that was very suspenseful and atmospheric.

Favorite Scene in first JP novel Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am

Every scene with Malcolm talking about chaos. Also, the Version 4.4 chapter was pure gold

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
FoxHound4690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 8:28 pm

The part where they find out they have Raptors breeding and Malcolm tells Ray Arnold to do a count above the expected number. that scene was so brilliantly written in the book I only wish they included it in the movie.

The T-Rex breakout scene is ten times more savage than it is in the movie. just brilliant writing by a brilliant mind.!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 12:25 am

The opening with the injured guy on the table is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 am

FoxHound4690 wrote:
The part where they find out they have Raptors breeding and Malcolm tells Ray Arnold to do a count above the expected number. that scene was so brilliantly written in the book I only wish they included it in the movie.

This was such a suspenseful moment in the book, I love it! Other favourite parts for include when Muldoon and Gennaro are hunting the Rex and when Muldoon is fighting the Raptors.
Back to top Go down
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
FoxHound4690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Bbrink1996 wrote:
FoxHound4690 wrote:

This was such a suspenseful moment in the book, I love it! Other favourite parts for include when Muldoon and Gennaro are hunting the Rex and when Muldoon is fighting the Raptors.

Yeah where Muldoon and Gennaro go out the following morning to hunt the rex and they come across Nedry's body was a cool moment as well... Gennaro asks Muldoon "What about him?" and Muldoons just like "Umm... what about him? we've got work to do" lol as if to say "Stuff Nedry, who cares!"
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:24 am

When the auxiliary power gets drained and everyone realizes that they're screwed. The suspense of that moment is palpable, even on the page. It's not my favorite part but it's pretty good.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 am

Troyal1 wrote:

I love the mystery of that part, where everybody is still trying to figure out what they are dealing with. And the dying guy trying to tell the doctor, but not quite succeeding.

Embryo
Embryo
FoxHound4690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:33 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I love the mystery of that part, where everybody is still trying to figure out what they are dealing with. And the dying guy trying to tell the doctor, but not quite succeeding.

I love that opening prologue to death! it just sets the tone for the entire book, it's very eerie how he's muttering the word "Raptor" over and over again to the doctor and she has no idea what he's talking about.... she later looks it up in the dictionary or something and it says "Raptor: Bird of Prey".

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:10 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
When the auxiliary power gets drained and everyone realizes that they're screwed. The suspense of that moment is palpable, even on the page. It's not my favorite part but it's pretty good.
100% agree. That scene is so tangibly suspenseful. It's the perfect "Oh sh*t" moment.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene in first JP novel   Favorite Scene in first JP novel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Scene in first JP novel
Page 1 of 1