Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Name 3 good things in JP3.

Go down 
+20
Minmi
BoulderFaceplant
Aegyptiacus3
Jurassic Gabo
Gondrasia
TheRexMan22
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
KingGrimlock
Crimsonraptor
Hellothasaurus
Megatronus Rex
Sickle_Claw
Troodon_formosus
Levine
CT-1138
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
owenpratt
Rhedosaurus
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Lost wrote:
I think I'm in the extreme minority here but I actually liked how there was no explanation for the spinosaurus, it gave you this feeling of inGen being up to much more than even the characters from JP had any clue about. And when they cleared out from Sorna they left all their secret creations behind.

I still think that if another studio gets the rights, then that will be ret-conned as the original super-hybrid. Universal is too busy pretending like JP3 never happened, not to mention their-as of now-dubious caring about the canon. Another studio could conceivably pull it off. Back on JPL, I thought of ret-conning it as a T. rex/Spino hybrid and a lot of people liked that idea. After all, while there are some noticable differences between the JP T. rexes and the real-life ones, they have the basic design. The JP3 Spino looks nothing like the new real one. (The fact that it was based on poor remains and speculation didn't help.)

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Back on JPL, I thought of ret-conning it as a T. rex/Spino hybrid and a lot of people liked that idea. After all, while there are some noticable differences between the JP T. rexes and the real-life ones, they have the basic design. The JP3 Spino looks nothing like the new real one. (The fact that it was based on poor remains and speculation didn't help.)

This thing again? Ehh.

You better hope Spinosaur4.4 doesn't read it silent
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:47 am

Play nice kiddies Razz

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Here's three more:

-New "main dino"
-Dark atmosphere
-Exploring Isla Sorna
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Ever wanted to get rid of the hated dream sequence? Also Billy's lucky bag?  Laughing

More here (shameless self advertisement): https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t976-jurassic-darker-fan-edit-of-jp3#15670

Btw looking at this back I only now noticed how the helicopter filming the plane is reflected from the clouds. You still learn new things 16 years later tongue
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Mistral wrote:
Ever wanted to get rid of the hated dream sequence? Also Billy's lucky bag?  Laughing

More here (shameless self advertisement): https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t976-jurassic-darker-fan-edit-of-jp3#15670

Btw looking at this back I only now noticed how the helicopter filming the plane is reflected from the clouds. You still learn new things 16 years later tongue
Holy sh*t you're correct lol!  Any other places we see it besides just near the beginning? 

I assume you've seen the TLW CGI flub where the Trike's tail passes over the guys head wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Holy sh*t you're correct lol!  Any other places we see it besides just near the beginning? 

I assume you've seen the TLW CGI flub where the Trike's tail passes over the guys head wrong?

See what, the helicopter? Don't think so (?)

And lol haven't paid that much attention to that TLW shot, will check. I mean, until recently I hadn't even realized that after the InGen team had come to help Ian/Sarah/Nick at the cliff, they actually returned back to the ruined InGen camp. I somehow never paid attention to it and thought they were discussing about what to do next at the cliff side Razz

Oh and speaking of my actual edits here, I assume you don't approve considering you actually enjoy JP3 as it is for the most part IIRC? tongue
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 12:25 am

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

And lol haven't paid that much attention to that TLW shot, will check. I mean, until recently I hadn't even realized that after the InGen team had come to help Ian/Sarah/Nick at the cliff, they actually returned back to the ruined InGen camp. I somehow never paid attention to it and thought they were discussing about what to do next at the cliff side Razz

Oh and speaking of my actual edits here, I assume you don't approve considering you actually enjoy JP3 as it is for the most part IIRC? tongue
I haven't got a chance to watch your edit yet.

Here at 2:28 https://youtu.be/hneqbQ_AW2w

The guy on the left. If you look close the tail does not blend to go behind his head, but rather shows in the foreground.

Edit: can't find the zoomed in version
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 12:30 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I haven't got a chance to watch your edit yet.

Here at 2:28 https://youtu.be/hneqbQ_AW2w

The guy on the left. If you look close the tail does not blend to go behind his head, but rather shows in the foreground.

Oh yeah that looks terrible - now I can't watch the film without noticing it again  Laughing and it's Dieter by the way, the guy. It's weird I haven't noticed it even though I've paid attention to him standing there

And lol the actual 'edit' doesn't exist yet (except in my project files), all those 1 minute clips like the one above are just examples of it Razz
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 am

1. The return of Dr Grant
2. The return of Dr Sattler
3. The movie had quite a few moments of suspense and thrills. (Something I feel JP3 did very well that JW did not do)

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name 3 good things in JP3.   Name 3 good things in JP3. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name 3 good things in JP3.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3