Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Unpopular Movie Opinions

Go down 
+18
newLEGACYinc
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
HennexForest
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantGojira
Troyal1
K_Ozz92
V.a.nublarensis
Aegyptiacus3
smaugtheterrible
TheRexMan22
Rhedosaurus
TheDreamMaster
Océane
BarrytheOnyx
Dead2009
The Geeky Zoologist
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:59 am

Meet the Parents is pretty funny.

Meet the Fockers isn't THAT bad.

Dante's Peak is kind of fun and rewatchable.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
- Jurassic World is the best JP sequel.

But isn't this what most of the GA thinks anyway? So does it qualify for this thread? (not that there is a definition for that)

This forum isn't the GA, isn't it? Wink

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' sucks balls.

Funny story about this. I kept hearing such good things about this movie, when the sequel released, I decided to grab both on Blu Ray, expecting to have a great time with them, because I'm generally picky with my comedies but these were so highly rated. I ended up more bored than anything, and then the second one was just a slog to get through. I still have them on a shelf somewhere because I haven't traded or sold off movies in a long time, but they've probably collected a lot of dust by now.

I went into it expecting somewhat good things too, you know with all the constant praise in the air, however I was vary knowing the actors involved.

Needless to say, I did not bother with the second one Razz

Trash like that makes me appreciate good actual comedy, like in the Being John Malkovich I watched recently. Or of course The Big Lebowski.

You ever look up The Big Lebowski edited for American TV? It makes no sense, but for an unpopular opinion, I kind of love the edited version as much as the regular because the edited dialogue is beyond nonsensical.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:38 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Funny story about this. I kept hearing such good things about this movie, when the sequel released, I decided to grab both on Blu Ray, expecting to have a great time with them, because I'm generally picky with my comedies but these were so highly rated. I ended up more bored than anything, and then the second one was just a slog to get through. I still have them on a shelf somewhere because I haven't traded or sold off movies in a long time, but they've probably collected a lot of dust by now.

I went into it expecting somewhat good things too, you know with all the constant praise in the air, however I was vary knowing the actors involved.

Trash like that makes me appreciate good actual comedy, like in the Being John Malkovich I watched recently. Or of course The Big Lebowski.

You ever look up The Big Lebowski edited for American TV? It makes no sense, but for an unpopular opinion, I kind of love the edited version as much as the regular because the edited dialogue is beyond nonsensical.

See what happens Larry!? Do you see what happens when you FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:43 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Never heard of this cut, now I've gotta see it!

Does it remove all the constant cursing btw?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It removes the worst of the words. Here's a taste:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:50 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It removes the worst of the words. Here's a taste:

Lol that's amazing Razz

I'm sure the Dude appreciated this cut. So much that he just poured down straight vodka down the throat instead of mixing up white russian.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm

The Lost World is as amazing as the original Jurassic Park.
The characters of The Lost World are just as memorable.
It has the most Jurassic Park feel out of any of the sequels.
And it is the best Jurassic sequel by far.
And I do not understand what is so horrible about the gymnastics scene

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Wonder Woman is a good movie but no the masterpiece that many people say it is.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am

I wanted to add a few...

The Star Wars prequels are all awesome. There is nothing wrong with them. I would not change a thing about them. I Love Jar Jar Binks. Never unterstood what makes him so horribe.

I did not mind at all that The Force Awakens was similar to A New Hope.

And I also disagree with those who say that the Empire Strikes Back is the clear best Star Wars movie by far. I really like it do not get me wrong but I do not see it as being far above the others as many do.

Both Space Jam and Kazaam are among the best movies in the 1990s for me.

And the first 2 Power Ranger Movies (MMPR 1995 and Turbo 1997) are both classics.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:54 am

I don't like The Godfather; I found it slow and boring.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Some of the MCU is extremely overrated.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Here is a few more.

I have no problems with the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi. To me it is the best Star Wars film overall.

Rouge One does not feel like Star Wars to me. The only time It felt like Star Wars was when Darth Vader was on screen. And I am also not a fan of how it tried to explain certain things that IMO ruin A New Hope.

There is no way to fix how The Last Jedi altered so many things in Star Wars (although I think half of the Star Wars fanbase is also aware of that).

I hated the fact that the 2017 Power Rangers movie was a remake of the 1993 original season. I never wanted other actors to play Jason, Zack, Kim, Billy, and Trini. I am not a fan of remakes wich is why I am not a fan of D.C. or Marvel wich seem to remake everything every day.

And please do not downvote me for this but I believe Fallen Kingdom was the JP film with the least buzz or hype. Even JP3 seemed to have more of a presence in stores and all that. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Sun May 02, 2021 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
newLEGACYinc
Embryo
Embryo
newLEGACYinc

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Ready to Rumble is not that bad.
Back to top Go down
JQuinzelle
Embryo
Embryo
JQuinzelle

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 am

-Dolittle was superior to Dr. Dolittle in every way.
-The Witch had a terrible ending.
-Justice League was fun to watch.
-Silent Hill had great direction and production and acting. It was hurt by a terrible script.
-Eva Mendes can't act.
-Lolita had terrible characters with half-assed motivations.
-Being a Marvel cinematic universe fan does not instantly make you a nerd or geek.
-Inside Out was better than all the Toy Story movies.
-The A Nightmare On Elm Street remake was a worthy addition to the franchise.
-Super Mario Bros. was not a terrible adaptation of the video game. It had many redeeming qualities.

My Website
My FanFiction
My Twitch Channel
Back to top Go down
http://www.ShyOfInterruption.com
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 6:37 am

-I don't like Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Endgame, and Far From Home. I think Thanos is a terrible villain with inconsistent writing, bad motivations, and a plan that makes no damn sense. He only wins because the writers want him to win. He's only right because the writers want him to be right. They try too hard to make him sympathetic in Infinity War, only to do nothing with it in Endgame. The final battle in Endgame is underwhelming for me because the Thanos the characters are fighting is a stranger who has no history with the heroes, which makes the conflict feel hollow.
-I love The Last Jedi and I'm tired of the hate it gets. I'm tired of being called a "shrill" and being treated like I'm not a real fan, like it's wrong to like The Last Jedi. I also love Rogue One, it and The Last Jedi are in my top three favorite Star Wars movies. I like the Disney canon, but I feel like I can't escape the haters who use every opportunity to remind me of how they think that Legends is better and how Disney ruined Star Wars. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only fan of The Last Jedi. I know that I'm not and I know that there are lots of intelligent people who love the movie as well. But within the Star Wars fandom I often feel alone because of how universal the haters try to make their opinions seem.
-I like all the Jurassic Park sequels. Fallen Kingdom is my second favorite film in the franchise. And I've become more fond of Jurassic Park III over the years because of its great special effects, fun action scenes, the return of Alan Grant, and new elements such as the Spinosaurus, the raptors, and the birdcage. It has dumb scenes, but I see the movie as an enjoyable ride and special effects showcase. I also don't feel the need to have a rematch between the T-Rex and the Spinosaurus.
-I don't like the Nolan Batman movies. To me they just seem too afraid to be comic book movies and I can't take Christian Bale's Batman voice seriously. I will always prefer the Burton/Keaton movies. I also like the Suicide Squad movie and the theatrical cut of Justice League, seeing them both as flawed but fun due to some really enjoyable casting.
-I like all the Indiana Jones movies. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is my least favorite... mostly because of the CGI, which I think takes away some of the charm of Indiana Jones. But I still think Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a lot of fun and I like how it reflects the 50s. Temple of Doom is vastly underrated in my opinion. I love Short Round, I like Willie Scott because of her character arc, I appreciate how they tried to do something different instead of copying the Raiders formula, and I really like how Indiana Jones himself is given a character arc. Temple of Doom has some moments that really get to me and I actually tear up when the children are reunited with their parents at the end. Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie of all time, but I think both Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade are fantastic films in their own right.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 3:35 pm

The Malone Society wrote:

-I love The Last Jedi and I'm tired of the hate it gets. I'm tired of being called a "shrill" and being treated like I'm not a real fan, like it's wrong to like The Last Jedi. I also love Rogue One, it and The Last Jedi are in my top three favorite Star Wars movies. I like the Disney canon, but I feel like I can't escape the haters who use every opportunity to remind me of how they think that Legends is better and how Disney ruined Star Wars. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only fan of The Last Jedi. I know that I'm not and I know that there are lots of intelligent people who love the movie as well. But within the Star Wars fandom I often feel alone because of how universal the haters try to make their opinions seem.

Shill not "shrill". And no, the term does not apply to you. Because shill means when someone works for a company and makes them look good without people knowing he or she works for that company. You do not work for Disney or Lucasfilm therefore you are not a shill.

Again no one is telling you you can not like a film. Of course you are free to like something. But you are placing the blame on the wrong people. Imagine if a restaurant had a very popular dish and everyone has loved it for years. People expect to go to that restaurant to order the dish they have loved for years. Then one day there is a new manager who cancels that dish from the menu and changes it to something that is nothing like the dish everyone loved for reasons that just flat out make no sense and when the clients react to that the manager and his people just call the clients "haters".

It is not that "haters" are wanting to make their "opinions" "universal". It is more like, the director just flat out did a lot of things that make no sense and even when those things that make no sense are explained to the The Last Jedi lovers they are still all like "Nope, everything is perfect". If you do that you are going to get a negative reaction. You just can not refuse to acknowledge the validity of what others are saying and expect them to really like you.

By the way there is no such thing as a "real fan" it is a very relative and subjective concept.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 5:45 pm

I don't think the 1998 Godzilla film deserves all the hate that it gets. At least not now. It's certainly a bad Godzilla film, though still not the worst (that honor goes to Godzilla's Revenge). But if you look at it as its own monster movie, it's alright. The creature in the film is not Godzilla, since it's since been renamed just Zilla. And Zilla has his fans thanks to his portrayal in the IDW comics, the animated series, and just being treated as its own creature and not Godzilla. I'm honestly glad that the 1998 film exists, because a lot of good did come from it. We might not have the Monsterverse without the 1998 film. The 1998 film is a part of Godzilla's history and I'm glad that it exists. Good can always come from something bad or disappointing, just look at all the material that came from the Star Wars prequels. The 1998 film is far from perfect, but you can say that about a lot of Godzilla and kaiju films.
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 am

I don't think the 1998 Godzilla film deserves all the hate that it gets. At least not now. It's certainly a bad Godzilla film, though still not the worst (that honor goes to Godzilla's Revenge). But if you look at it as its own monster movie, it's alright. The creature in the film is not Godzilla, since it's since been renamed just Zilla. And Zilla has his fans thanks to his portrayal in the IDW comics, the animated series, and just being treated as its own creature and not Godzilla. I'm honestly glad that the 1998 film exists, because a lot of good did come from it. We might not have the Monsterverse without the 1998 film. The 1998 film is a part of Godzilla's history and I'm glad that it exists. Good can always come from something bad or disappointing, just look at all the material that came from the Star Wars prequels. The 1998 film is far from perfect, but you can say that about a lot of Godzilla and kaiju films.

Godzilla 1998's soundtrack is phenomenal. Not only are the bombastic pieces a delightful, energetic romp from another era, but its soft moments are lovely. Take the last track from the film, which you can listen to below. You just don't hear soundtracks like that too often these days, save for Michael Giacchino's work.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 pm

I have a few more...

I think 2 Fast 2 Furious is the best Fast and Furious movie. (But yeah I am biased because I love Evos).

And I think the Austin Powers trilogy is one of the most iconic films in history and one of the biggest phenomenons in pop culture.

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 3:51 pm

I think the 2005 War of the Worlds movie is better than the 1953 film. I feel like the 2005 film sticks closer to the book than the 1953 film. The 2005 film still has problems (like the design of the aliens which I'm not a fan of), but I really like the film's atmosphere and how it updates the story for a post 9/11 setting. Plus the 2005 film shows both the worst of humanity (how the panic and fear causes people to turn against each other) and the best of humanity (soldiers sacrificing themselves to buy time for refugees and people working together to save the main character from being taken from the cage by the aliens). Too often I hear people complaining about how annoying the characters in the 2005 film are or how dumb the ending where bacteria kills the aliens is. Neither bothered me, since the ending isn't anything new and I personally feel sympathetic for the characters. It's not like the little girl's screams aren't justified in a terrifying situation like that and she's just a kid. In general I don't think kid characters bother me as much as they do for other people, since I think it's easy to feel sorry for child characters and they can bring out a different side of the main characters. That's another reason why I prefer the 2005 film to the 1953 film, since the heart of the story is about a blue collar worker realizing his shortcomings as a father and trying to overcome them while the 1953 film is more about the standard romance between the female and male lead.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 5:56 pm

I think the 2005 War of the Worlds movie is better than the 1953 film. I feel like the 2005 film sticks closer to the book than the 1953 film. The 2005 film still has problems (like the design of the aliens which I'm not a fan of), but I really like the film's atmosphere and how it updates the story for a post 9/11 setting. Plus the 2005 film shows both the worst of humanity (how the panic and fear causes people to turn against each other) and the best of humanity (soldiers sacrificing themselves to buy time for refugees and people working together to save the main character from being taken from the cage by the aliens). Too often I hear people complaining about how annoying the characters in the 2005 film are or how dumb the ending where bacteria kills the aliens is. Neither bothered me, since the ending isn't anything new and I personally feel sympathetic for the characters. It's not like the little girl's screams aren't justified in a terrifying situation like that and she's just a kid. In general I don't think kid characters bother me as much as they do for other people, since I think it's easy to feel sorry for child characters and they can bring out a different side of the main characters. That's another reason why I prefer the 2005 film to the 1953 film, since the heart of the story is about a blue collar worker realizing his shortcomings as a father and trying to overcome them while the 1953 film is more about the standard romance between the female and male lead.

Tbh I think Wells was a bit ahead of his time in being someone to consider how completely alien the biology of an other world must be to an alien who landed on Earth. The diseases killing them is actually semi plausible, although idk if in that short a span of time.

Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tbh I think Wells was a bit ahead of his time in being someone to consider how completely alien the biology of an other world must be to an alien who landed on Earth. The diseases killing them is actually semi plausible, although idk if in that short a span of time.

Wells was actually inspired by stories of imperialism, including how the invaders succumbed to new diseases. It made the War of the Worlds an interesting and subtle commentary on imperialism, though he avoided the idea of Martians bringing their own diseases that will kill us like many natives who were killed by diseases brought by Europeans. He stated that his Martians had eradicated bacteria on their planet long ago, which also justified how unprepared the Martians were for something they no longer had. There is also foreshadowing of how the Martians would be defeated, with allusions being made to bacteria from the very beginning of the story. Basically, I am annoyed by the complaints about bacteria killing the Martians in War of the Worlds and its adaptations. There are worst weaknesses for aliens... like water.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 pm

The Jurassic World movies arent bad

*runs*

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 3:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
- Jurassic World is the best JP sequel.

But isn't this what most of the GA thinks anyway? So does it qualify for this thread? (not that there is a definition for that)

The general audience (like the hardcore fanbase) is more like split in half about Jurassic World. Many really hate it for many reasons but others see it as a fun popcorn film. But there is no general consensus among the general audiences about Jurassic World being the best sequel.

If anything after Jurassic World the general public realize that The Lost World was indeed the best sequel all along. It was more realistic, less bombastic, more Malcolm, the only sequel that did not attempt to one up T Rexes and so on...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Movie Opinions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3