Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Empty
PostSubject: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

**Updated Compy.nwt 2/09/17**

Compsognathus - a new species that has been created and made available by various modders and not a developer original. Meaning - no original .INI, Tclass, .NWT, or any other traits designed for Compy-specific behavior in the game. A demand for this tiny guy is there especially now that it can be - on a superficial level - included in a film canon inspired pack. Looks alright when put into the safety of an enclosure in your park - but what about in the primal setting that is Site B? What can these tiny animals do to sustain themselves? There are no insects or small vertebrates for them to pick off. Their only option in JPOG is to scavenge from leftovers, most likely.

I have been working on a formula in an attempt to make Compy life a little more believable (still with obvious game limitations). Compies are very tiny compared to anything else in JPOG. Why would a large carn care to be bothered with them as a food source? Why would a Parasauralophus feel that it and its herd are threatened when in close proximity? Why would Compy attack Triceratops?

Some previous issues with Compy in the JPOG wild:   

Medium herbivores such as Stegosaurus panic while Compy wanders around
    Compies repeatedly attempt to take down herbivores - the herbivores just kind of let them without much resistance.
    Velociraptors and other small carns buddy up with Compy. Compy tolerated them without any fear.
    Large carns hunted Compy as if they were a main food source    
    Compy had to be isolated with food source (goat/cow/meat) in its own area of the island to sustain itself long term.

What to expect now:   

Compy no longer attacks any herbivores - just goat/cow/human/meat
    Small and Medium Carns will go after Compy as a food source if nothing else is available.
    Compy will stay near large carns for scavenging and will not flee. Will flee from Small/Medium carns.
    Large carns do not actively hunt Compy as a food source.

I tweaked several values using Dilopho.nwt as the base, and edited many values in the Compy.ini to achieve this result - just copy/paste both of these:

Compy.ini

Spoiler:

Compy.nwt

Spoiler:

*Note: I have Unit flags/Id set under Alberto's, since Alberto is not usable in the main game of the mod that was used. Whatever Unit flags/Id the Compy is borrowing from will cause them to flock with that same Unit (ex. Dilopho). They still display the same behavior that I selected for them though.

I'm satisfied with this formula for the most part. It would be better improved if there was a [Hide] and [Keep Distance when not hungry] behavior option. I may look into possibly disabling Visitors panicking when a Compy is sighted, but that's minor.

Mod used: JPBrasil's Jurassic World Collection Pack w/PMEP. I restored all species to their original classes (this pack has Compy listed as Large Herbivore and their programming was confused)

Thanks to: Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Pachy, Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, JP3 Velociraptors, Ceratosaurus, T.rex Doe, Spiny, and some frightened visitors for volunteering their services to this program.

Special Thanks: The JPBrasil Team for JW Collection Pack!

This edit has been thoroughly tested and no issues were found, but if any problems are encountered, let me know. Enjoy

Last edited by LostWorld on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:19 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Already made one :p

Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] 16003210

Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

The aim of this Compy edit is based around behaviors, and acclimating them as naturally as possible into the environment while having minimal impact.

I'm anxious to see a true to scale Compy in JPOG soon though. Smile
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Compies are on the loose. First post has been updated.

Edit: 2/09/17 -- Encountered 3 oversights:   

Large carn territory battle winner caused Compies to flee (Spino in this case)
    Large carns with Perception Input Speed at 0.6 caused Compies to flee (Spino (0.5) was my primary large carn tester during this process)
    Flocking (with crown) between Compies is currently disabled - when I enable them to flock, they want to be tough guys and attack all herbivores

The first 2 issues have been fixed and is reflected in the updated Compy.nwt in the first post. The third (minor) issue I haven't gotten to yet.
Back to top Go down
fdinick
Hatchling
Hatchling
fdinick

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 10:20 pm

I want you to make a download of the new version of COLLECTION and INGEN2, i re-edit the compys behavior and animations, now wen they are hungry they attack like raptor, jumping in your preys, check it out, bought available in Moddb.com

Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Image38
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 11:56 am

Make a download?

I've installed and tried out the more recent version of JW Fallen Kingdom pack about a week ago, but haven't had time to see how it all works yet. Good work though!

I have gone back a few weeks ago and attempted to make an improvement over the original Compy behavior edit (as well as T.rex "inter-species" behavior), but I was unable to come up with the results that I was looking for. Right now, the Compies still don't pack or it will affect their overall behavior tendencies (they will attempt to take down large herbs, raptors,etc. and even attack each other). They also flee from all vehicles, which is another thing that I attempted to fix. So, this edit is still very much flawed because the values in the files are so touchy (Sad). At least the perceptions are mostly where I'd like them to be.

I need someone from Blue Tongue to distribute out a manual for us. Razz
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 pm

I have some compys in my game as well and would really like to have these behavior edits! I wanted them to act like their movie counterparts. Unfortunately, I can't see the info on my computer, as it shows  in the screenshot below. Any way you could PM me them?Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Untitl10

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:32 am

FayhdrianColonist: That's odd that those didn't show up. Anyway, I've now marked them under [spoiler], so they should show up now.

Keep in mind that there are so many limitations to this game, so the behaviors are a ways from being perfect -- it's pretty much all perception editing. Also to assign Compy its own Unit ID/Flags, check out the Unit ID thread to see which numbers are not in use by another species.

To get them to flock, change the .nwt line W133 value to -3 or higher. However, when they flock they will attack almost anything when hungry, so flocking not recommended for Site B. I tried several times to fix this issue, but... Sad
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 pm

LostWorld wrote:
FayhdrianColonist: That's odd that those didn't show up. Anyway, I've now marked them under [spoiler], so they should show up now.

Thanks so much! My compys are currently behaving more like compys! I've been trying to tweak them for a while now, but this seems to be the most comprehensive fix.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 3:31 pm

i love it, turn ntw file layer 133 to something so compys can flock then turn the nwt file into for a raptor, and then raptors will dual rexes, awsome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]   Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compsognathus Behavior Edit [Updated 2/09/17]
Page 1 of 1