Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Death Battle Thread

Go down 
+2
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Death Battle Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 9:51 pm

the series came up in the Video Game Thread (since the upcoming premier for the fourth season is gonna be Lara Croft vs. Nathan Drake) and, after a bit of discussion there, i put forward that we should probably have a separate thread, so here we are Razz 

for those who don't know, Death Battle is an ongoing web-series by Screw Attack which pits fictional characters against each other, namely those which have some similarity to each other--for example, the very first episode was Samus Aran vs. Boba Fett, and the most recent one (the Season 3 finale) was Deadpool vs. Pinkie Pie, of all characters (the common link being their over-the-top wackiness and complete defiance of the fourth wall's existence). the basic rules are that the two characters fight each other to the death (obviously) so any reservations that they have against killing are removed for the purposes of the show, all consistent canon sources are used as appropriate to when it came out (they actually redid the Samus vs. Boba fight to address changes to both franchises in the time since then, for example), characters are used at their oldest, and no support from others except in certain episodes (another Season 3 episode was Ratchet & Clank vs. Jak & Daxter, for example, whereas most other episodes are one-on-one) unless its integral to their character

obviously, one of the most exciting things about this series is where it could go in the future. my most-wanted for a future episode is King Kong vs. Indominus Rex Very Happy

EDIT: there's also a separate series by the same people called DBX which is just mindless entertainment: two characters fight to the death with no research attached, just creator preference Wink previously, it was One-Minute Melee (same concept) but they had to stop hosting it on Screw Attack for licensing reasons. One-Minute Melee is still ongoing, though--one of the best, in my opinion, was Superman vs. Saitama from One Punch man

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 10:03 pm

I got a good idea. Hedorah vs. Captain Planet. Yes, it would be one of the dumbest, if not THE dumbest, Death Battle in the history of Death Battle, but man, it would be really fun to watch.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 12:26 am

i'm not sure that would work out as well--would Captain Planet even stand a chance against a kaiju?

some of my own ideas for matchups include Noble Six (Halo Reach) vs. Commander Shepard, Samurai Jack vs. Kenshin Himura, Steel vs. War Machine, a Fate/stay night battle royale (possibly with a second for Fate/Zero and then a third concluding battle pitting the winner of each battle royale against the other), Daredevil vs. Zatoichi, Gigantor vs. the Iron Giant, Mumm-Ra vs. Imhotep, the Joker vs. V (V for Vendetta), and Luke vs. Anakin (not Vader--this would be Anakin in his prime at the end of the Clone Wars)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Here's the Death Battle between Lara Croft and Nathan Drake.

I agree with the outcome, but think how it ended was weak.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Deathstroke vs Deadpool would have been better than Pinkie Pie I think. Thanos and Darkseid too.

Eh, kinda lame. Of course taking all those games into account would lopside the battle. The originals weren't exactly reality-based. Indiana Jones would have lost to both basically then. Razz Bah.

Han Solo vs Indiana Jones btw. James Bond vs Jason Bourne. Hulk vs the Thing. Master Chief vs Samus Aran. Sonic vs Mario Mario. Leonardo/TMNT vs Bowser. Johnny Cage vs Guile. Or Liu Kang vs Ryu. Terminator T-101 vs Michael Myers. Then again some of these have been done, likely. like I know one of these channels did Cap vs Batman.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 10:32 pm

I know this is the Death Battle thread, but I'd like to also offer another alternative for those who love these sort of battles. Super Power Beat Down is a great series, but the analytical side means nothing, as most of their battles outcomes are based on a fan vote. Hence why, despite me loving it, the Green Power Ranger beat Ryu from Street Fighter.

Darth Maul vs. Spider-Man (plus Alternate Ending.):

Green Ranger vs. Ryu:

Darth Vader vs. Batman:

White Ranger vs. Scorpion:

And, done here first:
Lara Croft vs. Nathan Drake:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 3:27 am

i don't like Superpower Beatdown all that much, partly 'cuz it's just a popularity contest rather than having research behind it (that's part of the fun of Death Battle Smile ) or simply being author's preference and they always give in to the other side anyway. but i say go ahead for if anyone wants to discuss it Wink 

i will say that i really like how they handled the alternate end for the Batman vs. Darth Vader fight, though Very Happy i'll have to remember to watch Lara vs. Drake soon--i usually wait until i'm hanging out with a friend to do so since we're both big fans, but this time i think i'll watch it earlier just try to avoid any spoilers

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 11:11 pm

saw the season premier today--ended up watching it with friends after all Razz no spoilers, but i think this might actually be a bit of a bad sign for this season. i think the end of the fight was kinda anticlimactic. i hope i'm wrong and that Season 4 is as awesome as previous ones

the next match is gonna be Scrooge McDuck vs. Shovel Knight

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 2:35 am

a month later and this thread didn't exactly go where i was expecting Razz just watched the Scrooge McDuck vs. Shovel Knight match. no spoilers, but i'm annoyed that it ended up being anticlimactic again. that seems to happen with all the sprite-based matches lately.

the next fight's gonna be between Venom from Marvel Comics and Bane from DC Comics. tbph, it seems kinda mismatched.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 2:57 am

Seriously? I was not expecting Venom's opponent to be Bane. ._.

I'm still waiting for Sandman vs Clayface. :\

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Here's Venom vs. Bane

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 am

Dead2009 wrote:

The outcome makes sense. Durability is always the key factor for me.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:40 am

i was calling it for Megazord during the initial rundown mainly because they specifically examined its punching a giant monster (when they do that, it usually means that the character is OP'd in that regard, like in the Link vs. Cloud fight where the clincher was that the Golden Gauntlets let Link lift multiton granite slabs with ease, meaning that in conjunction with his unbreakable shield he could withstand just about anything Cloud threw at him) but knew for certain who was gonna win by the last third of the fight or so

so the next match is One Piece's Ace vs. Fairy Tail's Natsu

i hope Ace blows Natsu's head off

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Here's the Sub Zero VS. Glacius Deathbattle.

Sub Zero won due to better durability and speed.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 am

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Death Battle Thread   The Death Battle Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Death Battle Thread
Page 1 of 1