Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4

Go down 
+47
Megatron
Island Queen
JettRyu
JP_Korea
scoobysaurus
mosasaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
K_Ozz92
Pokesaurus
LostWorld
CommanderKeller
iuJacob
Dead2009
HoldOntoYourButts
Lythronax
NolaJP
Bbrink1996
SmugTheFab
deinocoop
baryonyx7
TRK/TrexKing
Baryonyx111
Gondrasia
BoulderFaceplant
Saurillian
CT-1138
Océane
brunofernando
IllOrfanato
bammc
FayhdrianColonist
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
dance2nite
The Beeg One
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
Levine
Rhedosaurus
Robotpo
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:00 pm

I feel like I'm reading articles related to Transformers. They bash them all the same.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
So far, the reaction to the basic plot of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has been all over the place. Naturally, not everyone was going to gravitate towards the basic plot that's been described, even more so if they were not fans of JW. Comparisons to The Lost World have been drawn, most unfavorably and citing laziness. Many questioning why there is an animal rights angle, especially with Claire being the one to lead it, for a group of animals that were artificially procured. Then there's the often intense knee-jerk negativity to the fact that the characters are going to a now volcanic island and have written off the film as some kind of disaster before its even landed. And these two articles below typify that.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/12/the-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-plot-sounds-like.html

In this first link, it's at least humourous for how much the writer misses the mark and assumes so much from so little. For example, losing it over the fact that the park was built on top of an island in the Pacific whereupon the volcano is becoming active again, even though volcanic activity in the Hawaiian islands is nothing unheard of. Then he claims "This is literally a film about volcanoes and dinosaur-shipping logistics." That's to say nothing of the mental gynmastics involved on how Ian Malcolm's involved in the film, facetiously saying aloud: "Did they knock him unconscious and just transport him there against his will?"

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/heres-the-baffling-synopsis-for-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom/

But this one takes the cow pie for sheer disdain and condescension. I've forced myself through videos and articles that have railed against not just Jurassic World but the franchise at large besides the only truly beloved first film. But the article tosses its own article out of the window by painting ALL the dinosaurs (herbivores and carnivores) in the same brush as "vicious killers", having clearly not paid ANY modicum of attention to the scenes involving the Brachiosaurus, the Triceratops, the Stegosaurus, the dying Apatosaurus and pretty much any scene with the herbivores in their element. Even the carnivores are not just mindless beasts. And he thinks that they're not worth saving. Larry Taylor also seems to think genetic engineering is as easy as waving a magic wand: "Also, since they were created in a lab why not.. oh I don’t know… make more?" So he concludes that the film is nothing more than a "soulless cash grab" that doesn't care about its audience "because dinosaurs!"

Mr Larry Taylor, on behalf of my sanity and love of dinosaurs, FUCK YOU.

Bary i definitely understand why that annoyed you.

I have no problem with different opinions. But information that is blatantly and objectively wrong, literally swimming in ignorance makes me really annoyed too. Especially when it's passed off as if the person knows what they are talking about. It's so arrogant.

It shouldn't bother me but i can relate.

I can't help but wonder if these people are trolling JP fans on purpose.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
My favorite is the "Why not just make more dinosaurs?" stuff xD

Hmmm. What do you think would be easier/cheaper/less time consuming. Purchasing/finding intact dinosaur DNA, hiring scientists to turn that DNA into living, breathing animals, raising them (including providing a place for them to live, medical care, and feeding them on a regular basis), and somehow keeping all of this under wraps for how ever many years it would take until the dinosaurs are grown to a point where you can conceivably sell them, or just simply swiping the already made dinosaurs off of of Nublar?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... confused

It's almost like these people don't realize that we are watching a MOVIE.

Their idea for a movie: Clone more of them. A 2 hour movie watching them grow...

the real movie: Owen and Claire lead a heroic rescue effort on Nublar to save the animals from the impending doom of a volcano. Awe inspiring and epic set pieces that are emotionally gripping happen, all the while Dr Wu and Lockwood lurk in the shadows with far darker plans.

Which do they think people would rather watch?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Hmmm. What do you think would be easier/cheaper/less time consuming. Purchasing/finding intact dinosaur DNA, hiring scientists to turn that DNA into living, breathing animals, raising them (including providing a place for them to live, medical care, and feeding them on a regular basis), and somehow keeping all of this under wraps for how ever many years it would take until the dinosaurs are grown to a point where you can conceivably sell them, or just simply swiping the already made dinosaurs off of of Nublar?

Their idea for a movie: Clone more of them. A 2 hour movie watching them grow...

the real movie: Owen and Claire lead a heroic rescue effort on Nublar to save the animals from the impending doom of a volcano. Awe inspiring and epic set pieces that are emotionally gripping happen, all the while Dr Wu and Lockwood lurk in the shadows with far darker plans.

They don't go to watch movies, they go to get quick context for their shitty articles xD
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I love how people are like completely unrelentingly bashing the plot without having seen the full trailer. such idiocy.
Haters Sickle, they are called haters. Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

For sure, but even in-universe, if you were looking to obtain dinosaurs for the purposes of selling them, which route would you take? Which do you think would be cheaper?

Hell, Lockwood would be losing money if he made dinosaurs from scratch just to sell them off to the highest bidder.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 pm

God, I hope the trailer gives clear context to the plot. these idiots clearly need it. Otherwise, a bandwagon will form and we'll see hundreds of articles shredding it, claiming the sole purpose of returning to the island was to retrieve DNA.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
God, I hope the trailer gives clear context to the plot. these idiots clearly need it. Otherwise, a bandwagon will form and we'll see hundreds of articles shredding it, claiming the sole purpose of returning to the island was to retrieve DNA.

It won't do any good anyway. You know how much of the population is nowadays: Some people will complain about anything for the sake of complaining about something. This will be no different.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

For sure, but even in-universe, if you were looking to obtain dinosaurs for the purposes of selling them, which route would you take? Which do you think would be cheaper?

Hell, Lockwood would be losing money if he made dinosaurs from scratch just to sell them off to the highest bidder.
Makes sense for Lockwood to get finished "products" to sell than spend money to make more of them. I'm sure with the money he get's selling the dinosaurs, he puts on genetics and Wu to make new dinosaurs, such as cof cof Indoraptor cof cof

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Makes sense for Lockwood to get finished "products" to sell than spend money to make more of them. I'm sure with the money he get's selling the dinosaurs, he puts on genetics and Wu to make new dinosaurs, such as cof cof Indoraptor cof cof

Not to mention that Lockwood probably feels as though he owns some of them......Rexy at least, considering that Rexy is a remnant of the old park that he funded.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Of course.

These are literally million dollar assets that are just a boat ride away from getting auctioned for god knows how much more than they take to make. Why waste them when they can be easily captured? Terrible article.

Lockwood is a much smarter businessman than the writer for sure.

Edit: also great point about owning them. What sounds better to a buyer. A rex? Or THE Rex that escaped in the original park and fought indominus in JW?

That's a selling point.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Not to mention that Lockwood probably feels as though he owns some of them......Rexy at least, considering that Rexy is a remnant of the old park that he funded.

Don't forget the Parasaurolophus. They seems to be the direct descendants of the originals. You know, that one herd that showed up briefly alongside the Brachiosaurus herd in JP.

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:56 pm

I hate how people are comparing Fallen Kingdom to The Lost World, when The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are basically A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back...and nobody's complaining about that!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:04 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
I hate how people are comparing Fallen Kingdom to The Lost World, when The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are basically A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back...and nobody's complaining about that!

To be fair, I have heard from many sources that TLJ is supposed to be different then Empire Strikes Back since the director isn't taking as much basis from that movie like J.J Abrams did with TFA and A New Hope.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:

THAT'S what bugs me. The hypocrisy of some people who call for Jurassic Park to end whilst simultaneously oozing at the mouth at every Star Wars or Marvel Cinematic Universe release. "Jurassic is rinse and repeat, but can't wait to see the rebels to destroy the Death Star for the fourth time"
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey guys. It looks like the Blue baby was an animatronic/puppet after all.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Spoiler:

Where did they say that?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 24837694_1972388633044552_6718341171582597748_o

Where did they say that?

If you look behind Blue, you can see what looks like an elbow or shoulder.

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 24837694_1972388633044552_6718341171582597748_o

Where did they say that?

Those just look like toys for Baby Blue to play with, not an arm. It's too far away from Blue

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Where did they say that?

I don't see it :O Do you mean that orange coloured thing? I think that's just some object in the background
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 pm

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Baby_b10

Although, this alternate shot makes it really hard to tell if she is CGI or animatronic?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Where did they say that?

I don't see it :O Do you mean that orange coloured thing? I think that's just some object in the background.

Although, this alternate shot makes it really hard to tell if she is CGI or animatronic?

Yes. It looks like an elbow to me. Although, that sightly different shot of it does give me some pause. As for baby Blue, it could be both animatronic that's CGI enhanced.

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not an elbow. It's in the same exact place in both shots, and it's in the background.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 am

That definitely looks like a human arm. You can see the fingers.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 am

wait are people thinking that tan ball is an elbow?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 am

https://twitter.com/Jurassic_Fun/status/938323909799276546

Fallen Kingdom promotional campaign is being HUGE.

Btw, those criticism about the plot are hilariously stupid.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 am

owenpratt wrote:

Btw, those criticism about the plot are hilariously stupid.
I'd love to know every place that Batman signal thing is happening. Shocked
Back to top Go down
baryonyx7
Hatchling
Hatchling
baryonyx7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 am

Can we expect something today?
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:29 am

baryonyx7 wrote:
Can we expect something today?

I'd bet on a couple of images and one more tease. I don't mind not even getting something today, since the full trailer drops tomorrow.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 am

owenpratt wrote:

Taking a leaf out of Warner Bros' Batman promo campaigns with a JP bat-signal: Glorious!! Very Happy

Steven Spielberg: "I never said thank you!"

J.A. Bayona/Colin Trevorrow: "And you never have to."

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4
Page 17 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next