Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes

Go down 
+25
Rhedosaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
dance2nite
Baryonyx111
baryonyx7
Frills n Thrills
Herrerasaurus
Gondrasia
TheDreamMaster
SmugTheFab
Meroune
Troyal1
mosasaurus
Cbaitson
Tyrant Lizard
Bbrink1996
Spinosaur4.4
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
V.a.nublarensis
owenpratt
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 1:48 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Since when do villains have to be able-bodied people?

Exhibit A for wheelchair villain:

Unbreakable.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 2:49 am

I think the reason for Justice's silly scream is because he's the comic relief. If this film is as dark as they say they may need one for the kids.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 am

I really liked the humour in JW. I actually find Justice scream hilarious. I want it to stay in the film Smile
I guess the reason I like it is because while it's funny to see, it's also an enough realistic way to react to a Baryonyx coming out of the tunnel. Especially giving how an anxious character Justice seems to be ("It's a T-Rex, it's a T-Rex!").
It's not like he sees the Baryonyx and says a joke, like "Oh, now we're in the sh**" or so. That would feel forced and an unrealistic way to react. But his scream, while hilarious, it's plausible. So I like it.

Anyway, two other screenshots (including the Baryonyx one this time):

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:24 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Bayona really seems to understand the spirit of JP more than Trevorrow did. Bayona clearly is the right choice from what I'm seeing thus far. If FK succeeds, I hope he stays on for the third. I had severe worries going into JW, and walked out still feeling uneasy about some of them. For example, the iRex "talking" to the Raptors and the whole idea of Owen successfully controlling the Raptors. This, though. Thus far I've liked everything I've seen and heard.

The script just needs to be at the same level as the directing. Hopefully, Colin and Derek have the script cleaned up.

Indeed, given how J.A. Bayona was a far more accomplished director, he had more power then what Trevorrow ever had. TBH, I honestly wish that Bayona had been the director of JW. Given what happened to Trevorrow this year, it's clear that he was pushed far too soon.

I'm hoping that since Derek and Colin are a duo, Colin just sorta went with what he wanted without any friction regarding the story. Now Bayona is involved, there's another person to please. It's not just Colin and Derek's call anymore. Hopefully, Bayona sorted out any problems with the script, I can't stand to see another Jurassic Park film trashed.
That's a good point. I remember Colin saying he designed and tailored this movie specifically for Bayona and that it is something he wouldn't necessarily direct himself. I hold this series very dear to my heart and if i have to see another thousand snarky articles bashing another Jurassic film I'm gonna flip out. I'm already arguing with strangers about this film, but besides of all that the talent involved and the footage give me a good feeling that this will be great.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Bayona really seems to understand the spirit of JP more than Trevorrow did. Bayona clearly is the right choice from what I'm seeing thus far. If FK succeeds, I hope he stays on for the third. I had severe worries going into JW, and walked out still feeling uneasy about some of them. For example, the iRex "talking" to the Raptors and the whole idea of Owen successfully controlling the Raptors. This, though. Thus far I've liked everything I've seen and heard.

The script just needs to be at the same level as the directing. Hopefully, Colin and Derek have the script cleaned up.

Indeed, given how J.A. Bayona was a far more accomplished director, he had more power then what Trevorrow ever had. TBH, I honestly wish that Bayona had been the director of JW. Given what happened to Trevorrow this year, it's clear that he was pushed far too soon.

I'm hoping that since Derek and Colin are a duo, Colin just sorta went with what he wanted without any friction regarding the story. Now Bayona is involved, there's another person to please. It's not just Colin and Derek's call anymore. Hopefully, Bayona sorted out any problems with the script, I can't stand to see another Jurassic Park film trashed.
That's a good point. I remember Colin saying he designed and tailored this movie specifically for Bayona and that it is something he wouldn't necessarily direct himself. I hold this series very dear to my heart and if i have to see another thousand snarky articles bashing another Jurassic film I'm gonna flip out. I'm already arguing with strangers about this film, but besides of all that the talent involved and the footage give me a good feeling that this will be great.

What are the strangers saying about it?
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:27 am

Troyal1 wrote:

Probably the usual tired old criticisms, "hurr durr 1993 cgi is better (ignores brachiosaurus)", "jurassic movies are all the same, now excuse me while I watch the force awakens", "it's copying the lost world, so unoriginal and tlw sucks and vince vaughn is literally hitler in that movie". Did I miss any?

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Probably the usual tired old criticisms, "hurr durr 1993 cgi is better (ignores brachiosaurus)", "jurassic movies are all the same, now excuse me while I watch the force awakens", "it's copying the lost world, so unoriginal and tlw sucks and vince vaughn is literally hitler in that movie". Did I miss any?

lol. Star Wars fans accusing other franchises of repeating themselves is painful.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
FayhdrianColonist wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

lol. Star Wars fans accusing other franchises of repeating themselves is painful.

I used to follow the Collider Videos channel on YouTube since 2015, but now their shallow and hypocritical comments about the JP franchise doing nothing original all the while Star Wars remains locked in nostalgia for its it's Episode VI-IV glory days, despite the recent evidence to the contrary, with some saying they wished they had gone the route of militarized Raptors. And I actually like The Force Awakens but found the similarities to A New Hope more obvious than the parallels between JP and JW. The point is, the pot is calling the kettle black.

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I used to follow the Collider Videos channel on YouTube since 2015, but now their shallow and hypocritical comments about the JP franchise doing nothing original all the while Star Wars remains locked in nostalgia for its it's Episode VI-IV glory days, despite the recent evidence to the contrary, with some saying they wished they had gone the route of militarized Raptors. And I actually like The Force Awakens but found the similarities to A New Hope more obvious than the parallels between JP and JW. The point is, the pot is calling the kettle black.

My sentiments exactly. For the record, I don't hate The Force Awakens nor am I an angry fan boy that thinks people who like it aren't "true fans". But as you said, the hypocrisy is mind numbing. Like with Red Letter Media, who for years trashed the prequels for not being carbon copies of the originals, then when Rogue One and The Force Awakens come out they trash them for being too similar, especially Rogue One. How was a movie that takes place days before A New Hope not going to have TIE fighters and such? I think some people are just so deep into their glory days nostalgia that they'll hate anything new that comes out, regardless of merit. For me, I'm looking forward to Fallen Kingdom, and I enjoyed Jurassic World. It was a call back nostalgia fest for sure, but it had just the right amount of differences to be refreshing, and I think while FK will have some parallels to TLW, I suspect there will be new twists and ideas that will keep the spirit alive while doing what every franchise must do to survive: evolve. It's a balance, and Bayona said it in the behind the scenes video, balancing expectation while giving the audience something new.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:22 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

My sentiments exactly. For the record, I don't hate The Force Awakens nor am I an angry fan boy that thinks people who like it aren't "true fans". But as you said, the hypocrisy is mind numbing. Like with Red Letter Media, who for years trashed the prequels for not being carbon copies of the originals, then when Rogue One and The Force Awakens come out they trash them for being too similar, especially Rogue One. How was a movie that takes place days before A New Hope not going to have TIE fighters and such? I think some people are just so deep into their glory days nostalgia that they'll hate anything new that comes out, regardless of merit. For me, I'm looking forward to Fallen Kingdom, and I enjoyed Jurassic World. It was a call back nostalgia fest for sure, but it had just the right amount of differences to be refreshing, and I think while FK will have some parallels to TLW, I suspect there will be new twists and ideas that will keep the spirit alive while doing what every franchise must do to survive: evolve. It's a balance, and Bayona said it in the behind the scenes video, balancing expectation while giving the audience something new.

I honestly find it mind boggling how Rogue One is so positively received by critics. Honestly, with JA Bayona clearly having influence over this film, it'd extremely disappointing if Fallen Kingdom doesn't get a positive reception. It feels like it actually has a style and a soul.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 pm

^^ Yeah, Bayona seems to have actually brought some atmosphere to the this one. Dinosaur attacks in dark or confined environments = intense. Dinosaurs attacks in broad daylight...not so much.

I'm still not thrilled over how much time they seem to spend on the island, and the riffing on TLW, but I'm intrigued.

I did wonder how Ted Levine/Wheaton got in the Indoraptor cage - it definitely seems like he's the Hoskins of this movie.

The DPG team seems to include Franklin, Zia, and Wheaton, the latter of whom is in military fatigues suggesting he might be security. Zia has a "sempher fi" tattoo on her neck, suggesting she might be ex-military or has a marine fetish.

Malcolm and the Carnotaurus were awesome. Cool

Off topic but on SW, I personally find Kathleen Kennedy's leadership to be very creatively bankrupt. She inherits the JP franchise from Spielberg and the end result is JP3, then she inherits the SW franchise from Lucas and the end result is TFA?! Really - I guess she gleaned nothing from decades as Spielberg's producer, then. Here's hoping that when Rian Johnson does his new trilogy, he's allowed to do something original. But it'll probably be bounty hunters fighting the First Order or some such thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Ted Levine appears to be bleeding from the gut. scratch If he is Hoskins 2.0, did they just reveal his death already? Neutral

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
Ted Levine appears to be bleeding from the gut. scratch If he is Hoskins 2.0, did they just reveal his death already? Neutral

If you look closely, that strange red thing comes from the Indoraptor mouth, not from Levine. Still trying to understand what it is.
Actually, all that scene is a mystery... like why would Levine being in that cage?

Anyway, I realized that if the dinosaurs are gonna break loose at the Mansion there in California, the dinos will have many places to run and hide in that pines forest. Such a terrifying scenario, and something really new for a Jurassic film, as far as the setting is concerned.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm

owenpratt wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:

If you look closely, that strange red thing comes from the Indoraptor mouth, not from Levine. Still trying to understand what it is.
Actually, all that scene is a mystery... like why would Levine being in that cage?

Anyway, I realized that if the dinosaurs are gonna break loose at the Mansion there in California, the dinos will have many places to run and hide in that pines forest. Such a terrifying scenario, and something really new for a Jurassic film, as far as the setting is concerned.
With the island destroyed, it sets the stakes for the 6th movie.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 pm

The indoraptor looks like it has blood on its teeth. Not sure what that means...maybe it's already eaten someone or has munched Levine's character already?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:02 pm

So there's a live band/orchestra setting up on the CCXP17 stage.

Will they play some Jurassic stuff?

Also, Chris and Bryce will be at "Good Morning Britain" tomorrow morning.

Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Anyone know what time the trailer drops? I'm having difficulty finding it online at the moment.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
Anyone know what time the trailer drops? I'm having difficulty finding it online at the moment.

I guess 8:30pm ET..?

In like 3-4 hours from now, more or less

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 am

Just realized a possible reason why Ted Levine ended up being in the Indoraptor cage.

Indoraptor must have camouflage abilities like the Indominus.

"Wait, where is the Indoraptor? She escaped!! I must enter the cage to check"

I know, reminds of Jurassic World, but it would make sense.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 am

owenpratt wrote:
Just realized a possible reason why Ted Levine ended up being in the Indoraptor cage.

Indoraptor must have camouflage abilities like the Indominus.

"Wait, where is the Indoraptor? She escaped!! I must enter the cage to check"

I know, reminds of Jurassic World, but it would make sense.
I think he entered a random cage and thought that would protect him from the Indoraptor.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I think he entered a random cage and thought that would protect him from the Indoraptor.

I like that. He hears something, knows the Indoraptor is around, so he locks himself in a cage, only for the Indoraptor to de-camouflage in the same cage, making for a truly great "...And that's when he realized he fucked up." type moment Razz

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

I like that. He hears something, knows the Indoraptor is around, so he locks himself in a cage, only for the Indoraptor to de-camouflage in the same cage, making for a truly great "...And that's when he realized he fucked up." type moment  Razz

Oh that would be terrifying! I hope they do it. I wouldn't put it past them either--Bayona is smart. He knows what he's doing. Razz

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:39 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

I like that. He hears something, knows the Indoraptor is around, so he locks himself in a cage, only for the Indoraptor to de-camouflage in the same cage, making for a truly great "...And that's when he realized he fucked up." type moment  Razz

Oh that would be terrifying! I hope they do it. I wouldn't put it past them either--Bayona is smart. He knows what he's doing. Razz

Sounds like an Aliens scene. I'm all for it. Please Bayona.

Indoraptor will be the most scary thing ever. Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Omg thats perfect! hides in what looks like an empty cage to escape other dinos only to realize that indoraptor was in there too
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Okay, I've been thinking, crazy idea but what if>

This is actually the acution scene and there's a demonstration of Indoraptor to everyone there in the event and they throw Ted Levine's character there in the cage because of something? Shocked

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

This is actually the acution scene and there's a demonstration of Indoraptor to everyone there in the event and they throw Ted Levine's character there in the cage because of something? Shocked
I get that businessmen are supposed to be A-holes in the film, but even they'd think this would be overboard. Laughing
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:16 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I get that businessmen are supposed to be A-holes in the film, but even they'd think this would be overboard. Laughing

Yeah, a bit too much lol I'm pretty sure Ted Levine ends there because of Indoraptor's intelligence somehow, like it happened in Jurassic World with the Indominus.

Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 pm

¿Does anyone though in the Alpha raptor from chaos effect watching this scene?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 am

CommanderKeller wrote:
¿Does anyone though in the Alpha raptor from chaos effect watching this scene?

Spoiler:
no, but I totally see what you mean. that toy line was foreshadowing this movie haha in all seriousness I'm really warming up to the indoraptor. Bayona could potentially pull off a really deadly and intimidating creature with the indoraptor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes   Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallen Kingdom Behind The Scenes
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5