Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!

Go down 
+14
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
CommanderKeller
Gondrasia
Tyrant Lizard
Pokesaurus
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
Sickle_Claw
SmugTheFab
Dead2009
Levine
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 8:34 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Rhedo, you aren't wrong to think that. I find myself feeling the same and relatively annoyed myself. We do need to accept that like in life the JP universe has unknowns in it and unclear answers. One cannot profess to ultimately know everything as there is always something new to learn. That is how I reconcile my feelings on this and remain open on new media.

TBH, the only reasons why I still care anymore is because of the following:

1. My childhood love of dinosaurs and the JP franchise, or at least the first it 2 movies, are too intertwined.

2. While I'm an MCU fan, I don't want it to simply dominate Hollywood and pop culture to the point where all other genres simply can't compete. (Although, it kind of has happened already.)

3. I honestly want to give J.A. Bayona a fair chance. I don't want to swat this new movie down because of Universal's botching of the franchise, it wouldn't be fair on my part.

4. Unless you count Godzilla, how many good dinosaur movie have been released lately besides JW? None that I can think of.

5. Seeing other people, mainly children get into dinosaurs like we all did.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:36 pm

And everything you say has merit and I feel the same about it all (except I'm not too much a fan of the MCU, I am with Star Wars though). My driving point as long as we can tolerate the unknowns and be welcoming of it that gives Universal (or whoever gets the property) much needed encouragement and support to continue telling compelling, inclusive, and sensical stories for the fans hopefully.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 am

That's nice, I wish I could enter twitter to keep up with the news but that place is giving me nightmares plus people stalking me it's not nice. Crying or Very sad

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Bumping this thread because Jack Ewins is asking for feedback on the viral marketing via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1119940503099850753

If you do choose to leave a comment, please be respectful.

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Also adding onto that, if you do comment, do not constantly ask why this and that was considered canon.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:04 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Bumping this thread because Jack Ewins is asking for feedback on the viral marketing via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1119940503099850753

If you do choose to leave a comment, please be respectful.

I really do feel that him asking for feedback is a good thing. I know looking at it though I don't have much to offer that I haven't already did regarding the series. I think more of a film tie-in would be nicer as well as the questions regarding Sorna and the dinosaurs there, but that might be outside of his scope a bit. A stronger film tie-in might not be. I saw a post or two mentioning these things.

Dead2009 wrote:
Also adding onto that, if you do comment, do not constantly ask why this and that was considered canon.

Yeah, questions on what is/isn't canon shouldn't be continually asked here because they could get old quick. The waters there are extremely muddy anyways because of the whole "soft-canon" statements in the past. Some aspects of things are, while other aspects of things aren't. They are going to cherry-pick the aspects of things for inclusion and story depth for the viral marketing. We just don't know what those aspects potentially are.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2