Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...

Go down 
+8
Tyrant Lizard
deinocoop
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Troyal1
dance2nite
#TRexSpinorematch
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:
mmmmm...not really.

Was that to me or what has gone on before? I'm presuming before, but I wanted to check.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
What the heck Tyrannosaur TJ...Seriously what? Your post is so wrong I don't even know where to begin...

In was actually hoping to have a nice conversation untill you went on a power trip with threats and personal attacks...Like really a beatdown of a lifetime simply because one person would like to see something on a movie? Like seriously? Ok tough guy.

First of all I have not refused to see any facts. I will be the first to admit that the chances of a rematch are slim to none.

I have never stated that the chances for a rematch are high, just that the support for it is not as tiny as you make it out to be. 2 different things. Read.

And yet here you are telling me that I am refusing to see facts?

Delusional?  I was actually in agreement of many of the things you were saying untill you started with the threats.

I actualy (like you) fully recognize that Universal is trying to sweep the Spino under the rug . I have never stated otherwise.

Talking to me is like talking to a brick wall? Did you even read the link I gave you?  I was among the first posters to recognize that a rematch was very unlikely. And I did not rage or attack anyone on a personal level (only you are doing that).

Seriously SMDH... Next time actually wait to hear what the other person has to say instead of going on a rant with uncalled for shots simply because you believe a person is a certain way.

*pained sigh of exhaustion* Honestly I was speaking in jest with beating you with your own petition. Hence the emoticon at the end with the tongue sticking out. To put it bluntly, you've been very annoying and irritating with it in the past. It is merely just beyond simply being frustrating.

As for everything else you've said I'm just going to not really do anything with your responses. Why? Well, you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to my own no matter how misguided either of those opinions may in fact be. That said, I really don't see anything changing my opinion about you and your petition unless you stop the self-promotion and actually start posting in a way that shows humility instead of your excessive inflated sense of over-entitlement. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, I'm merely saying people would probably be more willing for discourse or discussion with you if you weren't so...wound up?

Case in point, there was this thread expressed by Rhedo with the same exact subject and discussion going on in it before you opted to create your own for your own reasons I'm sure. What that looks like is entitlement and a desire to be the center focus of discussion and that's just plain ol' needy and beyond problematic. Not only are you kicking Rhedo in the teeth, but you're just doing it to everybody else too because you want to be the one embraced. So the others here, aside from myself, sees that as some serious entitlement issues as well as a serious case of wanting people to place you on the pedestal of relevance to what you have to say because it is relevant on the subject.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be relevant, but the problem here is how you went about it. You want to matter without taking the time to make what you have to say or want to say to matter basically. Honestly I'm not saying this to be an ass entirely. It isn't really entirely amusing to me to point this out to you. Truthfully, the reason I'm saying this is not only because no one else is really going to verbalize it to you, but I want you to turn it around and do better for yourself in the future. That's all. Everybody has potential until they altogether don't because they squander it away. While you, meaning well, can and do have good points, those are bogged down with how you are with wanting to be the center of attention and relevant. Basically let what will happen, happen. If not brush yourself off and continue posting for you instead of posting to generate support for what you believe and want others to believe.
well said. Nice to see someone i agree with put to words what i have been thinking about the fan base so clearly

The thing is, TyrannosaurTJ is very wrong about what he is saying. I only created this thread because I wanted to share some thoughts about the Jurassic franchise and Star Wars franchise being similar. Nothing more and nothing less.

This thread was not done with the intention to rally support for any cause, or for me to stay relevant or for me to outshine other posters, much less to bring attention to myself in order to be put on a pedestal. Only to share thoughts with fellow Jurassic Park fans. Anything else is just baseless assumptions based on preconcieved notions.

Remember guys, just because TyrannosaurTJ is a longtime member of the community does not mean he is right about everything. And in this case he is very very wrong by saying that I am some sort of a lunatic that is only here to fish for complements while being unaware of everyone else.

He is also very wrong in that this and the thread made by Rhedo are not the same thing. This thread is about how similar the Jurassic franchise is to the Star Wars franchise, his thread was about why the Jurassic franchise has not been bigger and how it could be bigger. Nothing more and nothing less.

And I am sorry but I have to stress this again just so everybody is clear; What TyrannosaurTJ has said about me on this thread is just his preconcieved notions and things that are just flat out not true. He is not saying the truth much less facts about me. Just what he believes me to be and saying he dislikes that. That's why his rant about me is so uncalled for, he is taking shots left and right without even bothering to know the full context and based on he believes that I am doing, not what I am actually doing. He dislikes what he believes me to be, not what I actually am. I have to say that just in case his opinion is taken as the gospel when his opinion is actually full of preconcieved notions, prejudice and a personal resentment based on asumptions that are not supported by reality.

Now that this is out of the way... Can we get back on the subject?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Dude, you’re going to have to understand that TJ is right in a lot of what he is saying. Yes there are people out there who want the fight(among other things).

But you have to understand that the JP fanboy community (us) makes up such a small portion of the actual audience who goes to these movies that we are microscopic by comparison. They aren’t going to put things in a film just to please JP mainframe and Reddit. If we all died tomorrow fallen kingdom would be a huge success.

It sucks, but the JP fandom just isn’t as prevalent or large as the vocal Star Wars one. Universal is selling these movies to people who want to go see some Dinosaurs. Most people couldn’t tell you what Sorna is or that there are different islands.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 pm

He is right in that the hardcore fans are not that large compared to the general audience. And he is right in that Universal does seem to brush under the rug things that fans want.

In fact I told him he was right about that, myself.

But he is flat out wrong about every single thing he Is saying about me as a person/poster/fan. He is not only wrong but not even close to reality when he more or less says that I am this "brick wall that is unwilling to see facts, shows no humility and is only looking to be the center of attention all the time while not being aware of what he's doing".

If anyone pays a lot attention to the facts of this topic for over 17 years it's me. If anyone knows a lot the facts of this topic it's me, but yet TyrannosaurTJ says (without any real proof) that I "avoid facts" and many believe him.

TyrannosaurTJ is just a fan, not a messiah of the fanbase. While I do recognize that he does know some stuff on certain topics, I am not taking that away from him, at the same time he is not correct about everything he says on every topic or everyone. I say that because in this thread it is clear that he is speaking out of a personal resentment that he has over something that he has no context and yet I see posters who fully agree with him. He is only a longtime fan just like I am also a longtime fan who also knows a lot. He is not the Pope of the fandom, I say that because I see posters who take everything he says to be true without second guessing it.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 1:51 am

Just thought I'd point out, but you literally came here ripping open wounds most of us consider long healed. Your whole schtick was pushing a petition most of the fandom does not want. Most people would consider that trolling. I get you're a dedicated fan, but your entire premise calls most of your opinions into question. You can't blame a guy who has seen first hand what Spino VS T. rex arguments have done to this fandom for waiving you off.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 am

I am honestly not trying to troll anybody. Neither have I said that everyone has to support the petition. If they don't my respect to them.In fact I raerly talk about the topic anymore considering it is clear that Universal simply does not care about the issue and will not do anything about it probably. If you look at my posts I don't even bring it up anymore untill Tyrannosaur felt the need to derail the thread to that subject due to personal reasons.

I however have to point out that 2 of the things you said are not quite like that. First, I came here with as much respect as possible despite knowing it is a controversial topic, and second like I said before, the only place where there I encounter significant opposition to the idea of a rematch is on 1 or 2 fan forums. That's about it. Everywhere else where I see the topic being discussed most people at the very least seem to understand. Facebook, Youtube, blogs you name it, most people seem chill about it over there. Wich is why I dispute this notion that the vast majority of people is really against it. It is not because I am unwilling to see reality but rather because that is not quite reality.

Also keep in mind that most of you are JPLegacy veterans right? If you remember the topic of the rematch was banned there for over a decade I believe. If the topic of the rematch was banned on what was the biggest JP fan forum at the time, then that is going to lead many to believe that nobody has any interest whatsoever in a rematch. That's why a few posterd here have a hard time accepting the fact that the support for the rematch is not as microsopic as they thought.

And while I can and do understand that the topic did cause arguments on forums and that can be hard for a mod, at the same time, that kind of happens with many topics on many fandoms. You look at Star Wars fans for example and for over a decade original trilogy fans have argued with prequel trilogy fans like cats and dogs. Those discussions can and do get uglier than anything Rex Spino related. It's something that happens everywhere. I have seen Marvel and DC fans hate each other with enormous passion and you don't see them asking Disney and WB to not make anymore Marvel and DC movies becuse they could create arguments on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 4:48 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
He is right in that the hardcore fans are not that large compared to the general audience. And he is right in that Universal does seem to brush under the rug things that fans want.

But he is flat out wrong about every single thing he Is saying about me as a person/poster/fan. He is not only wrong but not even close to reality when he more or less says that I am this "brick wall that is unwilling to see facts, shows no humility and is only looking to be the center of attention all the time while not being aware of what he's doing".

TyrannosaurTJ is just a fan, not a messiah of the fanbase. While I do recognize that he does know some stuff on certain topics, I am not taking that away from him, at the same time he is not correct about everything he says on every topic or everyone. I  say that because in this thread it is clear that he is speaking out of a personal resentment that he has over something that he has no context and yet I see posters who fully agree with him. He is only a longtime fan just like I am also a longtime fan who also knows a lot. He is not the Pope of the fandom, I say that because I see posters who take everything he says to be true without second guessing it.

I stand by my arguments, but i do apologize if i made you feel like i hated you. I don't. I guess to me it just feels like an unnecessary reopening of the wound.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

TyrannosaurTJ is just a fan, not a messiah of the fanbase. While I do recognize that he does know some stuff on certain topics, I am not taking that away from him, at the same time he is not correct about everything he says on every topic or everyone. I  say that because in this thread it is clear that he is speaking out of a personal resentment that he has over something that he has no context and yet I see posters who fully agree with him. He is only a longtime fan just like I am also a longtime fan who also knows a lot. He is not the Pope of the fandom, I say that because I see posters who take everything he says to be true without second guessing it.

I stand by my arguments, but i do apologize if i made you feel like i hated you. I don't. I guess to me it just feels like an unnecessary reopening of the wound.

No worries. I try to understand where everybody is comming from. I also apologize if I sound argumentative.

But at the same time I ask everybody to put yourself in my shoes. It is hard sometimes to keep the diplomacy when TyrannosaurTJ is essentially throwing my reputation to the ground without really having a clue about me as a person or how I have behaved on this forum and watching many agree with him despite me showing evidence that he is actually wrong about the things he is saying about me.

Like for example he claims I am only here to stay relevant and be the center of attention all the time. If that is true then why did I actually not post on this forum for many months? Why is this the first time I have actually made a thread since the summer of 2017 I believe. That is almost a year without making a thread.

And I do not want to sound melodramatic but it really does feel sometimes like no matter how wrong or misguided what Tyrannosaur is saying, everybody without question agrees with him sides with him and he is given all of the positive votes just because of who he is.

On the other hand I am given the complete opposite. No matter how truthful or well thought my points are, most seem to brush off whatever I am saying even when presented with evidence and I get negative votes even when I am not actually saying anything wrong.

And I am not saying this to get pats on the back. I am only saying that just because you have a disagreement with me on one subject does not mean that everything I say is wrong or that everything I do is out of evil intentions. The same goes for Tyrannosaur (or anyone really), just because you agree with him on something does not mean he is correct about everything he is saying.

And just so everyone can relax. If the rematch does or does not happen. I am not going to go on a rage nor disrespect anybody. I will only continue posting in a calm levelheaded manner like any other fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2